Cork & Cow
403 Main Street
Franklin, TN 37064Neighborhood:
Franklin / Brentwood
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Cork & Cow
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.corkandcow.com/
- Phone: 6155386021
- Hours of Operation:
5:00 - 10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jason McConnell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Kari Mauk 6155956070
A word from Cork & Cow
Steakhouse in Downtown Franklin
Steakhouse in Downtown Franklin
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Cork & Cow - Best Restaurants in Franklin / Brentwood ›
Cork & Cow reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (102)fit for foodies (69)romantic (67)neighborhood gem (65)notable wine list (59)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (20)good for groups (16)late-night find (6)scenic view (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great FindtoughtopleaseDined on 10/19/2014Never been here before. I have been a big fan of Red Pony in Franklin and they were closed on Sunday. Had a fabulous experience and the food was perfect. As always in the food world...you pay for what you get and it was well worth the money. I have found my new restaurant in Franklin for special nights out.Special Features:
- SurfgirlVIPDined on 10/19/2014Our wait staff was inattentive. Other wait staff dropped silverware 4 times during our meal. The bartender dropped 2 things. The food wasn't worthy of the price point and certainly not at Franklin standards.
- hollyholyDined on 10/18/2014We had to send our steaks back because they were very rare and we ordered medium. Our server comped our dessert which was very nice. We were disappointed when we realized we only got home with half of our leftovers. We spent $200.00 on our dinner and we were really looking forward to those leftovers!Special Features:
- NoisyTrvlandwine1Dined on 10/16/2014Love the food and service. Need quieter ambiance during dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cold foodDiner2uDined on 10/14/2014potatoes were served cold. Asparagus over cooked. Really an average steak house but overpriced. Wines were more expensive for similar wines in other resturants.Special Features:
- Excellent choice!!!CrackerJackDined on 10/14/2014We (group of 4) truly enjoyed the relaxed dinning experience and the food/ service were both excellent! I highly recommend sharing The Tomahawk with a friend - be ready for a "WOW" with the first bite!!Special Features:
- A must!LunchDined on 10/14/2014What a great experience after a long work day. The carrot cake dessert will give you chills, and leave you speechless. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience.Mhf1961Dined on 10/13/2014Went to Cork and the Cow on a recommendation and we are glad we did. Highly recommend the zucchini fries as an appetizer. The grouper special, lamb chops, and surf and turf were all delicious. Traveling to the Nashville are in the summer and we will be back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must TryJohnADined on 10/9/2014If you're looking for that "one of a kind" dining experience, you must try Cork & Cow. Starting with the Signature "Bittersweet Homecoming" cocktail through the main course finishing with extraordinary desserts, the journey is not one you'll soon forget.Special Features:
- Divine dining experienceDinnerclubVIPDined on 10/7/2014This was my first time dining at Cork & Cow. My husband treated me to a special night out after finishing grad school, and boy was it special. Impeccable wine list, fabulous cocktails, and very unique beer selections. But our waitress Jennifer took our experience to another level. She had in-depth knowledge about every item on the menu. The shrimp and scallop gnocchi was the most delicious meal I have ever eaten. My husband's filet was melt in your mouth tender. Highly recommend Cork & Cow. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not so great service!FoodandwineDined on 10/4/2014The food was fabulous. The steaks were better than expected and the Mac and cheese was one of the best in town. The oyster appetizer was amazing. Our server was terrible. He failed the check on us regularly, did not seem to know the menu well, and was not personable at all. Although the food was great, we probably won't return with so many other options available in nashville with tried and true service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Lovely wait staff and quick service. Very wonderful romantic spot and the food was amazing. We shared a starter, salad and then an entrée and the portions were just perfect. The shrimp and scallop gnocchi was AMAZING. Best ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best night ever!BJA03Dined on 9/27/2014I took my Fiancé here for his birthday and we LOVED everything about this place. Starting at the bar, the specialty cocktails were excellent, the service was perfect and all if the food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jonisueDined on 9/26/2014The food and service were excellent, but the noise level was so loud that it was disconcerting. We may go back for the food, but will have to really consider whether or not we want to put up with the loud crowd. Also the lighting was so dim, we couldn't read the menu. Luckily the waiter was very excellent and verbally went through the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Quality and Service-High PriceFranklinfoodieDined on 9/23/2014Our reservation request indicated this was an anniversary celebration. Unfortunately, on this evening we found both the food quality and service to be very poor. A filet which was ordered medium (pink w/red center ok? said the aloof waiter) was served with a very rare, cold, dark red center. The waiter hadn't returned to check on our dinner. When we finally got his attention his response to the under cooked steak was "you want us to put some more fire under it?" Fifteen minutes later the same steak was returned over cooked. No apology, no manager, no "happy anniversary", no coffee -- nothing but an arrogant waiter and a tab of $150 for two. What a disappointment! We're crossing the Cork & Cow off our list of fine dining options!
- Okay diningPuckDined on 9/19/2014The salad, steak, and shrimp were fine, but should have been extraordinary for the price we had to pay. I had buyer's remorse. Could have had 16 meals at Cracker Barrel instead of the 2 we had at Cork & Cow. No, the food would not have been as good, but would have been tasty and a much, much better value. For food that is just as good, or better, try Stoney River and save enough to still eat at Cracker Barrel a couple of times.Special Features:
- awesome serviceolenatchezDined on 9/19/2014Food was fantastic and service by our waiter, Adam, was even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedGettingOutDined on 9/16/2014We love Kayne Prime, and were reluctant to try C&C because we don't indulge in steak very often. We're glad we did. The ambiance was homier than Kayne - not better, just different. It feels like a neighborhood place which was welcomed after a busy day. Our server was phenomenal - truly outstanding. The best - the bread, the drinks and the steak were truly outstanding. We split a grass-fed bone-in ribeye with truffle butter and it was amazing. The sides, appetizers and dessert were very good but couldn't hold a candle to Kayne. All in all, however, there was enough truly great to seal the deal on a return visit.
- Wonderful ExperiencesmiloDined on 9/13/2014Best filet hands down. We added the aged butter on top of the filet and it added the most delicious flavor. Also tried the mac and cheese and it was the best I have had in a long time. Server was knowledgeable about food. We had a great time and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LizzieDined on 9/12/2014Excellent meal and service! We have already recommended Cork and Cow to friends. Thank you for a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Great Dinner!FlintstonesDined on 9/11/2014The Tomahawk Rib-eye was fantastic. We paired it with a bottle of Caymus cab. What a great night. Thank you Grant and JoshSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/6/2014Average and expensive. Not a particularly attractive place and if you are seated along the wall you get to stare at the green monster of wall seating for 90 minutes. Bar with locals in shorts is within a few feet from the dining tables. At $75 pp incl. tip, it's not return eligible.
- Food 5 Stars, Service 1 StarnmbradyDined on 8/29/2014Food was great. Had awful service. Steak was cooked wrong, never asked and gave me attitude about butterflying it. Never checked on us after putting in order and had to flag down to get check and the side of shrimp I ordered that never came out. Good drink prices, GREAT meatball appetizer. So bummed on the service though. For a $100 meal, I expect someone to come by when the food comes out. I could see the server cutting up and being very kind to other tables?
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014If you want great food and service with beautiful room this is the place to come. If you live anywhere close to Franklin, why go further.Special Features:
- Nice ambience.LALadyDined on 8/27/2014Second visit and delighted both times. Excellent food and atmosphere. Not too stuffy but yet still very nice. Modern rustic decor. Will definitely be back for more!!Special Features:
- Great food, VERY loud.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The service and good were excellent, but I would not recommend for a date night. The restaurant is very small and extremely loud. The bar was very packed, and it was so loud that my husband and I could not hear each other. I could barely hear our server. However, the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cork & CowTommyDined on 8/22/2014I would give Cork and Cow a big thumbs up. It was our first time there and every aspect of the experience was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious per usual!!MalPal86Dined on 8/21/2014I have never had a bad meal here and I imagine I never will. Amazing staff and great locally sourced, expertly cooked food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food Great ServiceFoodLover85Dined on 8/21/2014I went for restaurant week but had been wanting to try for a while. The salad was fresh, the steak cooked perfectly, the dessert fantastic. My drink was so tasty. It's a pricey place but its expected of a steak house. Our waiter was great! Everything came out in a timely manner. Will definitely go back for a special occasion. Would go back more often it it weren't for the price and being in Franklin. But they don't seem to have a problem with attracting customers and the food and service are certainly some of the reasons why.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBillDined on 8/17/2014Great for business dinners and special occasions. The bar is a great gathering locale for locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeimrichDined on 8/16/2014Outstanding food and drinks. One of a kind restaurant in Franklin TNSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Options in Nashville AreaBarBBootyVIPDined on 8/16/2014There are definitely better options in the Nashville area. Fish was dry and out of wine choice on menu. Waiter was not rude but came off as coarse. Not a first class dining operation.
- Great foodEsamideVIPDined on 8/16/2014Had heard mixed reviews on C&C but the food was outstanding. Restaurant is a bit small but great food and attentive service.Special Features:
- Our Favorite SpotHowardVIPDined on 8/16/2014Cork & Cow food is excellent and furthermore the service is outstanding. Our personal favorite server is Shane - We always request him and if he is there we always get him. That said on the nights that he is not there the other servers have also been great! Great management - Graham always greets my wife and I when we are there and shows his appreciation of the regular frequence of our visits. I recommend Cork and Cow and definitely recommend the Bone In Filet!Special Features:
- AndyDined on 8/16/2014Most enjoyable evening. Food, wine, service and atmosphere were outstanding. We will, definitely, visit again and recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingwinozachDined on 8/15/2014We went the other night for a impromptu date night. My wife had the burger which was outstanding, but I had the pan roasted duck. I attempted to eat it since I was raised not to complain about food. I got half way through it and began to gag because it was under cooked and not enough fat was rendered out. We said something to waiter who was very accommodating, but the manager who came by was very rude and condescending. Because of the manager we will not be returning. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- not as good as last timeaudiguyDined on 8/12/2014I took my 2 sons here several weeks back in search of a new steak place since Stoney River seems to have forgotten how to cook. It was great and we decided that though really expensive, it would be our new mainstay for celebrations. Came back last week for the celebratory dinner before college starts and it wasn't very good at all. The filet that I had was just a bad cut of meat that was poorly seasoned. My wife's fish was way too salty. The Mac and Cheese was as great as always. But for over $200 for 4 people without drinks, not great.
- Great experience!pattypatty75Dined on 8/9/2014Overall great experience. Food was delish..I started with chared oysters...lots of flavor, thr they had a litltle hit of cayenne, the parm and Panko made them pop! Also had the grilled snapper with Zaffron risotto. .the rice was a bit undercooked but still yummy, very creamy. . Fish was cooked perfectly. ..we ordered a side of mac & cheese that was to die for..talk about ooey gooy goodness!! Also very creamy and it melted in your mouth...for dessert. ..the creme brulé. ..OMG...this has to be the best creme brulé I have ever had..the sugar was perfectly burnt not bitter..the creme was just sweet and rich! I wanted more! Drinks are a little over priced, our waiter seemed nervous..and was kind of rushing us off the table.!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great snapper,cheriec1Dined on 8/5/2014This place with both beautiful and rustic at the same time. The snapper was incredible and focaccia bread has an interesting twist. My only reason for giving it four stars is because I was a table of one, and while the waiter was attentive and appropriate, he seemed a little disappointed that it was only myself. I still had a check of almost $100 so that shouldn't have disappointed. If you were in the neighborhood, definitely give it a try. Worth the reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasedE4lifeDined on 8/3/2014I would recommend Cork and Cow to anyone who likes good food with a nice atmosphere. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.