Cork & Cleaver - The Waynesville Inn
176 Country Club Drive
Waynesville, NC 28786Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cork & Cleaver - The Waynesville Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thewaynesvilleinn.com/
- Phone: 8284565988x
- Hours of Operation:
Fridays and Saturdays Dinner 430pm - 9pm
Sundays Lunch 11am - 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access
A word from Cork & Cleaver - The Waynesville Inn
The Cork & Cleaver Restaurant invites you to dine in a relaxed yet elegant old world atmosphere while enjoying views of the Blue Ridge Mountains and a Donald Ross Designed Golf Course. Our Fresh and Regional American Cuisine is served with Southern Hospitality for Friday and Saturday Dinner and Sunday Lunch. Enjoy the area’s hand-cut steaks, fresh local seafood, along with an array of specialties complimented by a great selection of the best wines. Located off South Main Street at the intersection of Country Club Drive and Ninevah just inside the Historic Waynesville Inn Golf Resort & Spa.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cork & Cleaver - The Waynesville Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (4)special occasion (3)good for groups (2)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- ardgteachDined on 8/29/2014WE thoroughly enjoyed our dinner- wait staff was exuberant ans eager to please. Most of us had the filet and it was very good, as the waitress suggested. We were on vacation so in no hurry to finish and go anywhere. Could add a few desserts choices to the menu, rather than just one. Sitting by the window, the view was great. Cozy, kind of retro feeling to the place.Special Features:
- ENJOYEDwillbebackDined on 7/19/2014We stayed at the inn for 2 nights and ate most of our meals at the inn...the breakfast was buffet style and was very good. Buffet was well stocked and maintained, service was very prompt and friendly. The only thing we would have liked was a different menu selection for the second night instead of the same one from Friday nite,, it was awesome food both nites though, very tasteful, excellent quality and well prepared! will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Nice quiet setting with beautiful view of golf course. Wine list extensive. Steak was not great but all the other food was very good.Special Features:
- worst service experienced EVER!!!!oper8torDined on 5/24/2014Our reservation was Saturday 5/24 (Memorial Day Weekend). They had a total of 4 reservations including ours for a grand total of 10 guests. While we were there they had just a couple of walk-ins. Upon arrival just before 7, we waited about 15 minutes before Preston (manager) getter us and got us cocktails. The bartender then showed us to our table. Without dragging this out and detailing the 2:30 we were there I'll just say that the service was horrific. Yes the manager did comp almost the entire meal, but it will be the horrible and inexcusable service that we will remember.
- Great Food, but don't be in a hurrynanciDined on 5/24/20142 hour wait for dinner! Several people came in; waited as much as 10 to 15 minutes, then walked out because no one was there to acknowledge or seat them. Not enough staff and our waitress kept apologizing for the wait. The food once received however was delicious and beautifully presented. So 5 stars for the food and 0 stars for the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 8 reviews are from the Cork & Cleaver - The Waynesville Inn reviews archive.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Had trouble getting drink refills. The wait staff clothing did not look fresh, clean or ironed. Also not well kept facial hair. I could tell the wait staff was trying but just not cutting it. The Dessert table was not impressive at all. The kitchen staff had trouble keeping up with refilling items on buffet and keeping plates out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOtooleDined on 5/11/2014That was my 1st and last time there! While making my reservation I had requested a window table but my table was squeezed between 2 others so close that everyone was hitting the back of their chairs. There were plenty of window tables available at the time we arrived and also when we left. The food was mediocre at best and even the dessert table had sparse offerings that constantly needed to be replenished. For such a so called fancy place it left a lot to be desired!!!
- A pleasant eveningTennTom4Dined on 5/10/2014Overall, we had a nice time. The staff was friendly and attentive, though they seemed to be in a learning mode. We had reserved a table by the window, but when we arrived, all four window seats were taken. Go figure. We enjoyed the quiet ambiance in the restaurant, which gave us a chance to talk. We are tired of the modern venues where the noise is deafening, so the change was pleasant. I ordered the 32 oz porterhouse medium rare, and it arrived medium well to well done, virtually no color in it. That is a terrible way to waste a $55 steak. Staff apologized for the kitchen, but no adjustment offered. On the other hand, my wife's steak arrive exactly as ordered. Inability to cook my meat as ordered makes me hesitant to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SugardaddyDined on 4/20/2014It was very convenient to make reservation online. Tables were decorated, centerpieces had fresh flowers in them. There was a wide variety of food and serving stations. Staff was friendly as well as helpful. We would eat here again.Special Features:
- Great meal again, and waiterLuv2DineDined on 3/7/2014Great meal again, and waiter was very professional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceLuv2DineDined on 2/14/2014One of the best meals we have had since moving to Waynesville last year. The piano player was excellent & made the entire night very memorable. The food, atmosphere, service was impeccable and we will be going back on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to give a good reviewDMMWVIPDined on 12/28/2013Hard to give a good review of atmosphere as we were the only people there-why? no idea because the dining has a very relaxed casual style. Our server was very attentative but then again we were the only couple there - the food was beyond what we expected. Don't judge by the on line menu. My wife had a ceasar salad which was a very good traditional ceasar sald. I was expecting the onion soup but had the beef stew which was the soup for that day. We both had beef tenderloin, probably a 10oz cut, done just right with potato of the day, au gratin, and asparagus. Had to bring some home. We had a great time and would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Set up was lacking. SaladOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/28/2013Set up was lacking. Salad bar would be better off set apart from the main line, i.e., to get to the main line, you had to go through the salad bar. This is cumbersome when lines are long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.