Coriander - Voorhees
910 Haddonfield-Berlin Rd.
Voorhees, NJ 08043Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Coriander - Voorhees
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coriandernj.com/
- Phone: 8565664546
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30AM - 2:30PM; Lunch: Monday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Tuesday: closed, Wednesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday: closed, Wednesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Vipul Bhasin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Private, upscale catering is available, call chef Vipul @ (856) 566 4546 for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Lunch only - Parties up to 125.
- Private Party Contact: Chef Vipul 8565664546
A word from Coriander - Voorhees
Good Times and Good Company calls for Good Food. Coriander is not your average curry house; this is where traditional India meets the contemporary. Coriander offers a dining experience without disturbing the age old, time tested recipes and blending them to create flavorful Biryanis, delicious grills & curries To-Die-For. The restaurant is well lit and stylishly decorated in earthy tones, with hanging tapestries and clusters of brightly colored lamps. The service is attentive yet not overbearing. At coriander every plate has an array of tastes and texture, and the room is filled with color and excitement. Coriander has the spirit of the Indian home, a place where you feel warmth and welcome in every bite. *If you have a specific dining area preference, please make a note and we will do our best to accommodate.* ** Coriander offers online reservations for up to 6 people through the website - www.CorianderNJ.com; Parties of 6 or more are welcome to call for reservations.**Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Coriander - Voorhees reviews from OpenTable diners
- Fantastic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/29/2012Fantastic food! Rather than focusing on one regional cusine, to the delight of my tastebuds, Coriander's menu explores many parts of India. This keeps us coming back. A great byob.Special Features:
- TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/28/2012Food was tasty and spicyyy. Super good. I had the lamb stew and I loved it. Will def g back.
- Service was very poor. ThereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2012Service was very poor. There was no hostess. Even with Open Table reservation, we had to wait in a line for 15 minutes. It took another 15 minutes to get a menu. The waiter was plain rude. Food was served very slowly. Dinner took two and half hours. Food was generally bland. Overall, it was very a poor experience.
- Could Not Handle a Busy WeekendNinaDined on 7/28/2012This used to be one of my favorite restaurants. Not anymore. I made reservations for a party of 4 during "Farm to Fork" Week in South Jersey. Service was incredibly poor. The very nice Indian woman who normally serves as hostess was not there. Even with Open Table reservation, we had to wait in a line for 30 minutes, and then, the incredibly rude waiter sat a table that came in after us! When I inquired about it, he blew me off! We finally got seated and it took another 15 minutes to get a menu. Food was served very slowly. Dinner took three hours. I agree with the other review... food was generally bland. Overall, it was very a poor experience. I won't be returning. There is a better Indian restaurant in Haddonfield I'd recommend.
- I have dined at CorianderOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012I have dined at Coriander many times and each time was noteworthy and delicious. This time was no exception. The food is always amazing-tasty & unique-and the presentation is beautiful.Special Features:
- Great food - need better servers.MattZDined on 7/28/2012As always, the food was really good and well plated. I went with a friend who had only tried Indian food once before. She was very happy with her "Farm to Table" selections as I was with my Vegetarian Thali. The problem (also as always) is with the waiter. I've grown used to his almost hostile expressions and minimum talk, but my friend immediately was taken back and sort of joking around to me commented "is it something I said?" I missed seeing the owner, for as how gruff and abrupt the waiter is, she is the total opposite. Gracious, attentive, and genuinely interested in making guests comfortable. Coriander - please send your male waiters to customer service training! If they don't like their job, help them on their way out.
- New FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2012This was my third visit Coriander. It is quickly becoming one of my favorite resturants. It was really nice to be able to try 4 differnt courses that I had not experienced before. The food was great.Special Features:
- Delicious Indian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2012Delicious food a great price during Farm to Fork Week (4 courses for $25); however, dinner took almost 3 hours! Next time they should staff up for heavy promotion periods.Special Features:
- It took too long to get ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2012It took too long to get our food. We were there from 5:30 to 8:00. We still like the food and will return but not for one of these specials.
- Everything was really niceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2012Everything was really nice and the food was good, as always. The manager was really sweet and kept checking on us but not in an annoying way. The back room was a little hot and we waited a little longer then I would expect between the appetizers and entrees. Had the Indian coffee and the cottage cheese dumplings for dessert and both were amazing. My friend took the 'safe' pick and had chocolate samosas which were eh. There are so many choices (including vegetarian)on the menu. We'll definitely be back to try something new.Special Features:
- Always a good choice. CrowdedVegetarianVIPDined on 7/15/2012Always a good choice. Crowded on a recent visit--was glad we made reservations through Open Table! Extensive menu including vegan and vegetarian options and options without onions. Great lamb and shrimp dishes too. More "no onions" options would be a plus. Food paced a bit slow.Special Features:
- Coriander is a consistentlyVegetarianVIPDined on 6/11/2012Coriander is a consistently good place for Indian food. Their menu is extensive and distinctive. They have a variety of vegan entrees and will make several things without onions and garlic (great for migraine sufferers). BYOB in nice surroundings is a plus.Special Features:
- Second visit to CorianderOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/24/2012Second visit to Coriander and it was GREAT! Great service, great food and BYOB!!Special Features:
- Better the second timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2012I visited Corriander during resturant week earlier in the year, due to my lack of knowledge of Indian food I select something that was not memorable. This time I asked the waiter for a suggestion. I had the lamb and my daughter order the chicken platters which were a complte experience. The lamb was tender and flavorful, it was so good we ordered portions to go home for the rest of the family. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Modern Indian FoodgordonramseyfanVIPDined on 5/18/2012Located by the Rave Movie Theater. If you like Indian food, try this restaurant. I've been going there for years. They seem to be trying harder to bring back their excellent service, which had declined for awhile. Modern Indian food, cooked to your liking. Clientele also seem to enjoy their salads.Special Features:
- We have gone to CorianderOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/18/2012We have gone to Coriander many times before and truly enjoyed it. However, on May 18th we made a 530 reservation. When we got there, we were seated with only two other tables. We ordered two entrees, lamb briyani and chicken korma thali platter. The restaurant continued to fill up. At 6:22 we still did not receive our entrees. We were never given an explanation.
- Incredible food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2012Incredible food and service was great! I'm Indian so I'm picky ( spoiled by a great cook Mother!!) but the food was wonderful! BYOB which is always nice to find too! You will love it!Special Features:
- I have been to Coriander manyWind4Dined on 5/5/2012I have been to Coriander many times. It is one of my favorite restaurants. The food has always been delicious. And the hostess, Herman, is very charming.Special Features:
- I absolutely love their foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2012I absolutely love their food and service. Give this a try and be delighted.Special Features:
- Food was amazing, but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2012Food was amazing, but service was a little slow (although very friendly/professional).
- Great food and service. TheNinaDined on 4/27/2012Great food and service. The Indian food is authentic and delicious, not greasy. It is by far my favorite Indian restaurant.Special Features:
- AuthenticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2012It is always a treat to see the beautiful Indian lady in her native custume alone with traditional native music.
- Yet Another Good Meal at CorianderStepsiteVIPDined on 4/26/2012Yet another tasty and fairly priced meal at Coriander. This is an all-time favorite of ours. The tandori chicken and other chicken dishes are very good and we find the yellow lentil dish tasty. The spicy corn soup is sometimes more spicy than other times, but always well made. The fish peri-peri appetizer is another favorite of ours. The staff is congenial and attentive.
- Hands down best Indian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2012Hands down best Indian food in the South Jersey/Philadelphia area. Favorite place, I return over and over. Great vegetarian/vegan selection as well.Special Features:
- No matter how many times weandybVIPDined on 4/5/2012No matter how many times we dine here the quality of the food and service is always at a very high level. Always a warm greeting and attentive staff no matter how busy. One our favorites.Special Features:
- Dinner was great! Crab cakeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/1/2012Dinner was great! Crab cake appetizer was delicious!Special Features:
- Try BrunchStepsiteVIPDined on 4/1/2012Consistently flavorful and fairly priced Indian food. Brunch remains a terrific value and great way to try this reliable restaurantSpecial Features:
- We went during South JerseyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2012We went during South Jersey Restaurant Week. We had a pleasurable time and enjoyed everything thing we ate.Special Features:
- Never a disappointment!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2012As usual, a wonderful restaurant week menu. This is our favorite go-to place when company is in town. We're never disappointed.Special Features:
- A little warm in the diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/19/2012A little warm in the dining room that night, but the service was great and so was the food (as always).Special Features:
- Coriander has a friendly ambience;OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/18/2012Coriander has a friendly ambience; the food is outstanding in presentation and flavor. The service is a little slow but the dishes are worth the wait. Their Restaurant Week offering was very generous in portion size. I will be coming back soon!Special Features:
- good but slowGlutenfreeladyDined on 3/17/2012We love the food here. But this last time the service was slow.Special Features:
- I took my wife to CorianderOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/11/2012I took my wife to Coriander for her birthday. She loves this place. THE FOOD IS VERY GOOD. the service is outstanding. this is not the first time at Coriander nd it will not be our last.Special Features:
- The food here was amazing,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012The food here was amazing, and there were plenty of vegetarian options. Service was slow, but courteous. Byob was a nice option.Special Features:
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012I've been to Coriander about 5 times and each time has been as good as the last. The food is wonderful, the service exceptional. The crispy spinach dish is out of this world - and this is coming from someone who isn't in love with spinach generally. So so good. I have tried MANY indian restaurants and this is the first to write home about. Will revisit often!Special Features:
- From my experience this isOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/18/2012From my experience this is the best Indian in S. Jersey, and it compares favorable to the best in the Philly region. The menu features some regional dishes you won't find elsewhere.
- The food took a long timeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/18/2012The food took a long time but when it came out after an hour it was incredible!
- Great foodMattZDined on 2/14/2012This was the first visit to Coriander - not sure how we missed it over all these years, but we did. Food was excellent! Normally not open on Tuesdays, the restaurant was open on Valentines Day. Owner was very welcoming and stopped by several times to check on us. Fairly busy, and the food was delayed. Overall a good experience except that the waiter was sullen most of the time and barely said a word. At the end he just put the check on the table and looked the other way. We will be going back - and hope to get a better waiter.Special Features:
- the food was very, very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012the food was very, very good and the service outstandingSpecial Features:
- I love Coriander and my husbandkrazeedrVIPDined on 2/14/2012I love Coriander and my husband and I go there whenever we can. They make fantastic Indian food. Both their meat and their vegetarian options are very tasty. They can be a bit slow in serving, but making it all from scratch takes time and I respect that. I have never had something I didn't like here and found I like things I never thought I would (ahem...turnips). You can't go wrong here!Special Features: