Corea Kalbi - Korean BBQ
1701 Corinthian Way, #E
Newport Beach, CA 92660Neighborhood:
KoreanPrice: $30 and under
Corea Kalbi - Korean BBQ
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coreakalbi.com/
- Phone: 9497979292
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Barbecue, Korean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Eun San Lee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Corea Kalbi - Korean BBQ
We at Corea Kalbi Korean BBQ House welcome you with passion and inspiration to deliver the best quality and healthy Korean food in OC California. We are very enthusiastic about making this place where you can experience not only great food but best dining experience with great service. We are very proud that all the meat on our BBQ AYCE menu are top quality including Certified Angus Beef, Premium, etc and free of MSG. Please come and enjoy the flavorful Korean dishes and great service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Corea Kalbi - Korean BBQ reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (1)special occasion (1)neighborhood gem (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- overpriced for what is offeredracburpDined on 6/15/2014The size of the some of the portions are too small for the prices charged. Further, look carefully at the bill. Charges are made for upgraded items such as beef, ribeye when it was choice. Smaller number of complimentary side dishes.Special Features:
- The following 28 reviews are from the Corea Kalbi - Korean BBQ reviews archive.
- Nice place, food was not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2014The meat was so fatty. I hate fat and it was hard to find a piece of meat that didn't have a chunk on it. I mainly ate rice and salad. Not worth all-you-can eat. Takes so long to cook and they brought out little bits at a time. I paid for all-you-can-eat and I left hungry!
- Tasty Korean BBQMmmmMmmmGoodDined on 5/25/2014If you are a fan of Korean BBQ, this is a very nice find. The portions are very generous and the on-the-table grilling allows for a very hot and delicious meal. The "all you can eat" specials will fill you up . . . and then some. The waiters were very attentive and always willing and ready to bring more plates of BBQ to grill. It is located in a quiet strip mall, but the restaurant itself is very nice and tidy. Multiple TV sets offer choice of stations to watch during sporting events. Will definitely be a "regular" as the food and service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not fancy but goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014The location is tucked away in a bland strip mall, however many people in the OC love that kind of environment, bland. Luckily the food is not bland, it's delicious. And the service is very friendly. Great value for the price.Special Features:
- Good value, food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/30/2014If you like Korean BBQ this place will not disappoint. Food is good. Value is there. Service is good. Nothing really to complain about. Our group eats there on a regular basis. Be prepared for a food coma though. All you can eat dinner packages can leave you feeling like you're going to blow up! :)Special Features:
- Tasty but lacked in serviceCrichDined on 2/14/2014When we finally got someone to serve us he brought us tea that tasted like watered down coffee. Maybe a Korean tea I'm not aware of? The food was very good but that was only after we grabbed a server ( who wasn't suppose to be our server) to help us. Apparently our server went missing. We finally got to order when later out intended server asked us what wed like. To his surprise we had already ordered (poor communication). Was very surprised that they charged me 4 extra dollars to have the exact same meal heated. Not sure why a hot bowl costs 4.00 more. Restaurant had no ambiance at all. Not romantic in any way. More like a small college cafeteria. But the food was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eating Your TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I made dinner reservations a week in advance. When my date and I arrive, the hostess fumbled through her computer trying to find me. It became very clear she could not find me & had to ask another host in Korean about what to do. I speak Korean, & she stated that I wasn't in there & that they are out of tables for two. He had us seated at a massive booth for an upwards of eight people. I figured it wouldn't be a major issue, and tried to brush it off. Then, we didn't get a drink order for 20 minutes. I had to wave down a server just to get helped. He was apologetic, but continued to only stop by our table with food or anything else we had requested in 30-45 minute increments. I ended up paying for food we never received. A bad experience.
- An evening of fun and good foodFreqTravelerDined on 2/9/2014Have traveled to South Korea many times so I have tasted regional cuisine. Corea Kalbi provided the same friendly atmosphere with great service I have come to expect from my visits to Korean BBQ while in Asia. The food was fine, specifically the marinated short ribs and bulgogi, and the evening resulted in a good time with my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to drop-in & dine.svk626Dined on 2/8/2014We made a late reservation and the restaurant still had availability. The food and services were very good, with no complaints. This is a great local spot for those who are traveling and staying, or working, in the nearby hotels/resorts and businesses, and looking for a positive dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AYCE Done RightMichaelDined on 1/9/2014This gem of a Korean restaurant is serves great quality meat. It's a bit pricey compared to the others but it is well worth it in my opinion. The grills are thick cast iron versus thin tin and gives you a much more authentic experience. The kimchi and sides are great. The owner and the new manager are very nice. They want to make sure you are enjoying your experience. Nice steaks and a huge variety of good quality meat for the grill. You won't be disappointed!!Special Features:
- Too Pricey With Few OptionsSullyfishVIPDined on 7/18/2013We walked in and were barely greeted. I think the hostess gave us a grunt as she rushed off with menus. I guess that was our cue to follow her. Before we could even say anything, she had bolted away. The many times she passed us, our excuse me, were ignored. We looked at the menu and for the all you can eat lunch, for $19, only five items. I don't think so. Waste of time and definitely would have been a waste of money. The service stunk and after being ignored again, we got up and left. Ended up at Gen Korean BBQ. Over 25 items for $15. And the atmosphere and service were 100% better.
- Won't be back!sport4meVIPDined on 7/12/2013Hostess barely spoke English..she was not able to answer our questions properly. Steaks were all fatty and terrible quality. Noodles were awful! Definitely did not get our money's worth! Won't be back again!
- This place on the weekendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/9/2013This place on the weekends is empty which is good for me because I love to wind down on a Sunday. The food was great all you can eat BBQ the selection is good also. The staff very friendly the only thing is that they don’t understand English to well. I was trying to tell them they didn’t check me in on open table they couldn’t understand me. Plus I gave them my 20 dollar open table check and they didn’t know what to do with it. At the end I paid full price and they keep my 20 dollar check. Ha Ha Ha It’s funny because no matter what I did I still would of have to speak to open table about getting my 20 dollars or a check back. Don’t let this stop you from going because you will have a good time like I did. Live Love and eat peace J.L.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good value!DonnyandMarieVIPDined on 5/27/2013I love a BBQ in the table. It allows you to cook your beef to the right degree of rare. Both the short ribs and the brisket were very good, with the right amount of fat and virtually no tough portions. The sides were pretty good although more spice was needed for the KimChee, a little too bland for my taste. I didn't have any room left to try the rib steak, perhaps next time, as this is definitely a Korean restaurant worthy of a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All you can eat Korean foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2013All you can eat Korean food for an amazing price....we ave become regulars
- New experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/16/2013We finally tried a Korean BBQ restaurant and it was fun. Went for a late lunch. They weren't busy and the waitress helped us cook our food perfectly. It was delicious but a little expensive, especially for lunch. ($65 for 2 people, food only)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I made a reservation for 9pm.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2012I made a reservation for 9pm. The restaurant called me half an hour before my reservation time and said that I have to come in earlier than 9pm because they wanted to close early. I live half an hour away. We were the only customers, and the entire time we were there we felt so rushed. The waitress gave us our menus and came back about 3 times in 5 minutes to see if we had decided yet, and tried to steer us away from getting their all-can-eat option. She cooked our food for us without letting each side sear properly and then kept coming back to put the meat on our plates and remind us to eat it. When she was not trying to rush us to eat, she was hovering near our table and watching us. I was so uncomfortable I could barely swallow my food.Special Features:
- very good service except theyMitsiDined on 11/13/2012very good service except they didn't mark my reservation until researched by open tableSpecial Features:
- An extraordinary variety ofTonyVIPDined on 10/12/2012An extraordinary variety of Korean dishes, espectially beef cooked and served in every conceivable way. Manager very attentive and helpful to those, like us, who are unfamilar with this cuisine. I began with slices of Kobe beef, cooked on a black stone and served on a bed of sea salt. Barbecue and spicy monkfish followed. No room after this for desssert but next time, we will not get so carried away.Special Features:
- It would help to check reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2012It would help to check reservation list before customer got there. Turns out, they didn't look at the list and was like I never made reaervations. But got the table right away because they weren't busy.Special Features:
- Great food and service. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2012Great food and service. The place was full of local Koreans, which was a good sign! Enjoyed it and will go back....
- Wonderful friendly service.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/23/2012Wonderful friendly service. Authentic Korean cuisine at a value-price, excellent!Special Features:
- The experience at Corea wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/21/2012The experience at Corea was great! We went with the AYCE and made a great decision. Endless waves of delicious meats to try, complemented by tasty sides. Our server was awesome. He came by and helped with the cooking and was very personable. Definitely somewhere we'll go again.Special Features:
- Protein overload great forOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/18/2012Protein overload great for those on carb restriction. Premium all you can eat with excellent tasty Korean meats cooked to your liking at the tableSpecial Features:
- The quality of the meat isOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/11/2012The quality of the meat is very good for Korean BBQ. Kids under 7 eat AYCE for free!Special Features:
- We always enjoy this restaurant.PaulVIPDined on 5/5/2012We always enjoy this restaurant. The food is great, there are many vegetarian options and the staff makes us feel special.Special Features:
- There's a big variety of dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/18/2012There's a big variety of dishes to choose from. We went with the VIP all you can eat just to sample what they had to offer. Everything was fresh and tasty, the staff was friendly and very helpful.Special Features:
- Wonderful service, accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/11/2012Wonderful service, accommodating staff, now one of our favorite Korean restaurants! Please keep up the good work and I wish you all the success for your efforts!Special Features:
- just opened a few months ago.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/4/2012just opened a few months ago. The service was very good....just like Korea! Nice staff...very authentic.Special Features: