Core Kitchen and Wine Bar at The Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain
15000 North Secret Springs Drive
Marana, AZ 85658Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Core Kitchen and Wine Bar at The Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/DoveMountain/Dining/core_kitchen/Default.htm
- Phone: (520) 572-3000
- Hours of Operation:
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Breakfast: 7 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Daily
Dinner: 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Daily
Wine Experience: 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. Friday's $20 per person
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Serus
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you are planning a social or business event, we invite you to experience the refined and intimate ambiance of a private dining room at The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain. With an extensive wine list, dedicated service and personalized menus, our professional team of Ladies and Gentlemen will help you create a memorable occasion.
CORE Kitchen & Wine Bar has several unique settings to enhance your event such as the Private Dining Room, Chef's Counter, Adventures in Dining Table and Wine Lounge. Each location is available seven days a week, making them the ideal place for business dining, intimate holiday entertaining or celebrating your most special occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Christine E. Moore, Food and Beverage Manager 5205723064x
- Special Events:
A word from Core Kitchen and Wine Bar at The Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain
True American cuisine that is approachable, innovative and inspired by Sonoran and regional influences. The menu is complemented by an extensive wine list in an elegant, yet casual atmosphere. The open kitchen highlights the culinary team creating á la carte offerings with plenty of interaction. The private dining room provides an option to entertain larger parties and family gatherings with a personalized chef menu. The chef’s table sets the tone for a world-class interactive, personalized gourmet dining experience.Continued
CORE serves breakfast and dinner.
CORE serves breakfast and dinner.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Core Kitchen and Wine Bar at The Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain - Best Restaurants in Marana ›
Core Kitchen and Wine Bar at The Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (29)romantic (22)notable wine list (20)scenic view (19)great for outdoor dining (16)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (9)great for brunch (6)neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Beautiful space, delicious healthy fine dining.ChrisDined on 11/13/2014It was a girl's weekend. A getaway. Core provided us with the perfect venue to enjoy each other, good wine and fabulous food. I appreciate the gluten free options as well as the well-trained staff. A definite must visit for locals and visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent like alwaystmpaulsenDined on 11/8/2014Food and service are what you would expect from a place like the Ritz Carlton. Excellent like always.Special Features:
- Loce the Core!equusartDined on 10/31/2014The Core is one of our favorite places for special occasions!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- relaxing dinnerVRJBDined on 10/10/2014Food, ambiance, and service was all very enjoyable. My wagyu beef was absolutely wonderful. My husband had a pork dish that was over salted and a little tough. Standard service for a Ritz facility - very attentive and professional.Special Features:
- new chef...new menuscootie1123Dined on 10/4/2014Been to Core since the hotel opened and seen many chefs come and go.The new chef/menu was fantastic and the only reason I gave the service a "good" was because they were not anticipating the crowd that showed up that night and were understaffed. They did the best they could. The food was fantastic!! Scallops, avocado tartare, creamy soup and salad were our starters....great! Oh and the corn muffins and warm whole grain breads are always great. Ahi Tuna, Halibut and pork tenderloin did not disappoint any of the table. Although the last time I was here was 8 months ago (terrible), we will definitely be returning based upon our last meal.Special Features:
- OutstandingFOODIEDined on 9/20/2014CORE Restaurant delivers on all aspects from Food / Service to the winelist, everything is First Class. Our dining experience was excellent and I can only recommend this restaurant to anyone in the area. Both service and food exceeded our expectation and the Sommelier Mike West did an amazing job pairing the wine. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:
- Perfect every timeACBeDined on 9/13/2014This is a favorite of ours for special occasions... or whenever we just want to have a fabulous dining experience. the menu changes often enough that it never gets boring. Mike West does a fantastic job making the wine list fun and changing.Special Features:
- Great EveningBobsBasicsVIPDined on 9/10/2014A good meeting spot for fine dining and especially wine! Service top notch, extensive wine list with many hard to find delights.Special Features:
- A Good you can rely onOldSchoolDined on 9/5/2014Core is definitely our go to restaurant for special occasion. When you know you're gonna drop a couple of bills on a dinner out, you want it to be special. Core always seems to come through. This was our 27th Anniversary dinner, and Core definitely made it a special night. Good food, great service - it's a winner.Special Features:
- Perfect evening at the Ritz CoreJeffInTucsonDined on 9/4/2014The surroundings, waiter, table staff, and food were great. It was my wife's bday and Ben, the waiter, brought her a special desert. Tried two new items for me, on the menu, and both were great.Special Features:
- Special AnniversaryBarryDined on 9/2/2014My wife and I heartily recommend Core Kitchen for special occasions like our 25th Wedding Anniversary. The food was excellent. The ambiance and views fabulous. And the service impeccable. Also, the restaurant went out of its way to recognize our event with little extras which added value to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- guestbdweekDined on 8/30/2014Very nice experience with staff and food selection, especially the salmon dishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but Very Slow ServiceKristenDined on 8/17/2014Lovely restaurant, beautiful view. Poured a great martini and food was good. Of the 3 entrees the slow cooked ribs were the best. However it took forever to get our meal. It was off- season, rainy weather, and resort fairly empty and yet we had to wait way too long to get our meal. So the problem is either the server's or the kitchen's. And there was entry of food servers. But that timeline definitely needs to be fixed if you want to be considered a high- quality restaurant at a 5- star resort. My husband and I very rarely critique or criticize (in fact we left a 20% tip even though it wasn't a good experience) but we've stayed at many RC's and Four Seasons and have never experienced such a timeline at those types of resorts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fitting for a RitzOldSchoolDined on 8/8/2014Everything about our experience, from the food to the service to the ambience, was not only fitting for a resort of this quality, but also more than justified the price. We were also impressed by the number of healthy menu selections they offer. You can eat well without the guilt, and without sacrificing favor. This is an excellent restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014Dined at Core for breakfast 3 times and dinner 1x during my stay.I was extremely satisfied with the hot/cold breakfast buffet. There were several options and the food was fresh and delicious. I also did the wine tasting on Friday evening with CJ who was extremely knowledagble on all wines. On Saturday, we dined at Core for dinner and CJ was kind enough to pair our entire meal with wines. He made sure to tell us about the wines and follow-up during each course. It was a wonderful experience. CJ also served us drinks after dinner and was beyond courteous and accommodating. A must try is the sarsaparilla sunset drink and "The Donna" signature bacon vodka and maple syrup cocktail. Amazing to sit outside to dine as well.Special Features:
- Great!uacat05Dined on 7/26/2014Went to Core for my first wedding anniversary and it was amazing! From the apps to the desert, everything was perfect! Highly recommend to anyone celebrating a special occasion!Special Features:
- The following 216 reviews are from the Core Kitchen and Wine Bar at The Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain reviews archive.
- Outstanding in Every WayAZMarkDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary with a weekend at the local Ritz-Carlton at Dove Mountain and dinner and breakfast the next day at Core. Our evening at Core was wonderful, from our outstanding waiter, outdoor seating, beautiful evening desert views, and wonderfully-prepared meals. My wife had the beet salad and the short ribs entree with a side order of spinach, while I had the salad of local greens and the butterfish with a side order of broccolini. My wife selected a favored coffee desert, and I selected the panna cotta and a French-press coffee. We especially enjoyed the locally-grown vegetables, which were featured in our salads and our entrees. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Special dinnerBirthdayDined on 7/14/2014Went there for a birthday celebration, the food was amazing, but the thing that made it prefect was the service. I'm sorry I don't remember our servers name, but he was excellence, attentive but not hovering, excellent!!!Special Features:
- Great experience!!!FunlovingDined on 7/5/2014The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, the wine list was extensive, and the advice was terrific. Our fish was excellent. This was our first time there, but it definitely won't be our last. We plan to go back for the new Dove Mountain wine you're getting and we plan to take our family there for the holidays. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentluv2cookDined on 7/3/2014The menu is limited, but the butterfish I had was excellent, as was the beet salad. My husband had the steak, which he said was done perfectly. Will definitely be back in the fall when my snowbird sister and husband come back to Tucson. It was a rainy foggy night which made it even more special for us. Too bad they stuck in a corner away from the windows and the view. Wasn't very crowded so not sure why. A little disappointed about that,hence the 4 stars.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in TucsonIthorianVIPDined on 6/29/2014This is my favorite restaurant in Tucson. I will continue to be open minded and try other places in Tucson, but I have not found a place that compares. Best wine list in town. Different and interesting full flavored foods. Service is the best you will have in Tucson undoubtedly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisitLeahDined on 6/28/2014I was incredibly impressed with every dish and it's execution and presentation, the pork belly appetizer was the shining star in particular. Besides the food, the service from every detail was on point and everyone was so friendly and made our anniversary feel so special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous viewsPickyDined on 6/21/2014The views from the patio are breathtaking. Service was outstanding. The scallops were the best I've ever had. However, my steak was over cooked and tasteless. I would dedicatedly go back just to enjoy the views which pretty much out way anything else.Special Features:
- Consistently great!AchesonDined on 6/15/2014Every time we are here from Canada we have at least one meal at Core - never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantJennyCDined on 6/3/2014One of my favorite restaurants. The food and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Gem in the dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/26/2014Core is one of the primary reasons we come to the Ritz Carlton Dove Mtn. Excellent, gourmet food with delightful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful restaurant, average foodjesuiaffameDined on 5/25/2014We had a wonderful table on the patio. The service was fine, the wine list was good, the food was just average. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't anything special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good....not greatTucsonGregDined on 5/17/2014We went to Core for a special occasion. Expecting an phenomenal dining experience, we left disappointed. It wasn't a bad meal by any stretch of the imagination, yet it didn't meet expectations of a great meal. Service was good. A Grey Goose martini was $18.00----way overprice for the skimpy size of the drink. Scallops were a good choice as an appetizer----that was the highlight of the meal. It's a great location, beautiful view and good service. But for the money, it wasn't anything to write home about.Special Features:
- Wonderful SettingTucdinerDined on 5/11/2014Located in Wild Burro Canyon, Core Kitchen has a great view within the canyon and a very peaceful environment. The music was not too loud and you could actually have conversations unlike many places in town. Very good food. My only knock was that we'd been told that we'd be seated by a fireplace and if it got cold, they'd turn it on. They had trouble starting the fireplace so we were quite cold for a while. Not a big deal and we probably should have been better dressed being Tucsonans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSharonDined on 4/26/2014We were very pleased with all aspects of our dining experience. The staff was friendly and very attentive. Our dinners were delicious! We both had a steak. My husband was especially pleased that his steak was done to his liking. Seared on the outside and still rare inside. The setting is beautiful with wonderful views.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in town.IthorianVIPDined on 4/25/2014I've been to almost every restaurant in Tucson. Core is the best place to dine. I used to work in fine dining when I was in college and I'm surprised Core is only 4 stars. Phenomenal genuine service, fantastic high-quality food. Truly Ritz-Carlton. I always bring my guests to this restaurant and recommend it to everyone. Core never let's me down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!FoodieantDined on 4/20/2014From the moment you arrive you are well taken care of. Staff know you by name and are very attentive to your every need. The food was very good, well prepared and beautifully served. Perfection! Kudos to the staff and management for a lovely dinner evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwayswineloverDined on 4/11/2014Once again Core was outstanding in all respects. The special Tuna entree a worthy of Michelin stars !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerDansueDined on 4/8/2014Perfect place for an anniversary dinner. Get there before dark, sit in outside dinning, and take in the view of the desert. Great wine selection and interesting entrees. Excelent service! A little on the pricey side but we will be back next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were at the Resort celebratingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/29/2014We were at the Resort celebrating my birthday and had dinner here the night of my birthday. Excellent restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary- 31 yearsAndeDined on 3/19/2014Wonderful scenic view. Enjoyed the food and romantic section outside over looking the canyon. Dessert was fabulous so we could share it. Champagne toast was offered for our celebration and we enjoyed it so much! Hubby had the duck. I had the Sea Bass with artichoke trimmings along with artichoke soup!Special Features:
- Diners delightEatingoutDined on 3/18/2014. The food, the surroundings, the exceptional wait staff. You can’t just pick one. Without a doubt it was a very pleasant dinner. One you don’t mind tipping 20% for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fineluv2dineoutVIPDined on 3/2/2014We dined here with friends and both their meals were good but I guess we ordered the wrong thing because it was just mediocre. I might try it again and order something else because if you are staying at the hotel you are stuck unless you want to drive down the mountain to a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, wonderful dinnerGaryandJoVIPDined on 2/28/2014We have eaten dinner here several times and always return (about once per month). Though the menu does not change often there are plenty of selections so we have not been bored or disappointed. The pork preparation changes seasonally and is always a great choice. The mac and cheese side is so good I could make a dinner of it (and have done so)! We recently discovered the wine tasting from 5 - 6 pm in their wine bar. We definitely recommend this experience prior to dinner ($20 per person). Service is always perfect at Core. The staff here are all friendly and knowledgeable. They all work well together and it reflects positively on the restaurant.Special Features:
- Desert gourmet charmSafronboy2Dined on 2/28/2014The specialty cocktails were favorites and worked well with the absolutely lovely scenery of the Hotel and environs. Service was very good. I ate the rib eye which was prepared to my specification but a tad salty. Recommend for a romantic outing and stay over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.