Core de Roma - West Chester
327 E. Gay St.
West Chester, PA 19380Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Core de Roma - West Chester
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.corederoma.us/
- Phone: 6107018485
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 4:30pm -9:00pm; Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Papa Gigi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We can customize catering upon request.
A word from Core de Roma - West Chester
Core de Roma Trattoria is a casual, intimate, family owned Trattoria, offering authentic Roman cuisine while upholding the best of Roman tradition. Some examples of our mouth watering Roman delicacies include our signature Artichokes alla Core de Roma, Saltimbocca, and Bucatini alla Matriciana. Contrary to what some people say, we spelled our name as "Core de Roma" intentionally, meaning "The Heart of Rome" in our family's dialect. Our ultimate goal is to make all of our customers feel like family through our cozy atmosphere, friendly service, and home-made dishes. At Core de Roma you can expect the true heart of Rome in the heart of Philly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Core de Roma - West Chester reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (85)fit for foodies (50)good for groups (41)special occasion (37)romantic (19)great for lunch (13)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (4)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Dinner was delicious. Enjoyed some wonderful Italian specialtiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A diamond in the roughJackieDined on 9/18/2014Core de Roma is such a great hidden gem. Great food, great service, and a nice place for a girls night out or date night. Love that it's a BYOB so the bill doesn't get outrageous because of the bar tab. No complaints. Definitely would recommend.Special Features:
- JoanneVIPDined on 9/9/2014Consistently good and staff very friendly and attentive!Special Features:
- Disaappointed but will try againRickDined on 9/6/2014We went to Core de Roma because we had been there once before and had a decent experience. We loved the food and were looking forward to the dinner. Unfortunately we had a pretty bad experience this time. We reached on time and had a online reservation. We were received by a gentleman and he was very friendly. He went to find a table for us but no one came back for more than 15 mins. Disappointed, we just left.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/3/2014Exceptional Italian food -- love the BYOB feature too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love fresh pastaAfromGlenoldenDined on 9/3/2014Not too many places you can get fresh gnocci handcut? Delicious.Special Features:
- Will give another trypavoglersDined on 8/31/2014My first visit and I have mixed feelings. We were seated next to a large table celebrating a birthday, so it was very noisy. There was only one server working the whole room so service was slow. My veal chop was delicious and the mashed potatoes seasoned to perfection. My artichoke app. not so good; the meatballs were good but nothing special. The gnocchi were light but lacked the fork tine roll off special touch. Skip the tiramisu. I will be going back to try some seafood and hope it not so loud.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LippoDined on 8/30/2014Broad menu and excellent food. Easy parking. Excellent wait staff. BYOB an extra plusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will try againMM0822Dined on 8/30/2014Pleasant restaurant and owner greeted us at the door. Food very good, but service much too slow. About an half hour before our food order was taken. Will give it another shot at some point.Special Features:
- Our favorite place!ChaddsfordfoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I love to try restaurants all over Chester County, and this is still by far, our favorite! The service is excellent and the food is outstanding! This is our 'go to' place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply excellentflowtopsVIPDined on 8/29/2014I experienced Trippa alla Romana for the first time and also had the Rigatoni alla Boscaiola.I highly recommend this restaurant for foodies to experience culinary excellence using basic ingredients in wonderful ways. AND its a BYOB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsLifeIsGoodDined on 8/28/2014We had dinner with friends at Core de Roma. We all chose different dishes and were all pleased. The food was well prepared and came out in a timely manner. Fortunately the restaurant was not full, due to the Labor Day holiday, which kept the noise level down. The owner was very attentive and responded quickly when called upon. The staff was friendly and fun. However, there was not enough staff, and we had to call on te owner often for service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh what a find!!!Food123Dined on 8/24/2014This is such a fun place, the service was great, food excellent, take as long as you want to order they will not rush you through, when you're ready they will be ready. The owner stopped by to see if we were being taken care of and everything was to our liking. I wanted a shrimp dish that was not on the menu; but no problem, it was prepared as if Mom was in the kitchen. We met some lovely people sitting nearby who we chatted with briefly, then some other locals stopped by our table on their way out. I have a very good feeling we are going to become steady locals and certainly be back with some of our friends. Let's not tell too many people or we won't be able to be walk-ins.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemTrishDined on 8/23/2014This was our 5 visit to Core de Roma and we can't wait to go back. The salads are fresh and interesting. The food arrives hot and I have enjoyed grilled fish, veal, chicken and pasta all of which were excellent. Trish G.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alway have had a great experience!JoeFeolaDined on 8/22/2014I have eaten here sevrral times, with both smsll and large groups and have always had good food and great service! I highly recommend Core de Roma!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstanding in every wayExtonfoodiesDined on 8/22/2014We have dined at Core de Roma at least 5 times. The food, service, and atmosphere have been exceptional every time. This has become our go-to place for special occasions.Special Features:
- Lovely, Delicious AND BYOBItalianLoverVIPDined on 8/18/2014Our first time here and it was a delight! The appetizers were fabulous and our veal dishes were tender and flavorful. The Meatball app was our favorite and the sauce was delicious!! Too bad it is not the same sauce served with the main courses ... that one was thin and not as rich. Our waitress was a delight ... attentive, pleasant and accommodating. If she had been our only server my rating for service would have been 5 stars! Unfortunately, the waiter she shared our table with was somewhat rude ... didn't smile, rushed through the appetizers (we had to have our waitress repeat them), and when asked a question he appeared to be annoyed by our presence. We will definitely return but will request a different server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TfonTfonDined on 8/16/2014Hadn't been for a year or so and very pleasantly surprised by food choices and quality of dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brought the clanWestchestergrandfoodieDined on 8/15/2014We took 3 children and 5 adults for dinner and had a nice dinner. Loved that they had a round table big enough for all of us. We sampled quite a variety of dishes, but I think the veal chop might have been the winner.Special Features:
- Decent food but understaffedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014We went on Wednesday evening in August and it was had good crowd, perhaps this was unexpected so they were unstaffed. The food was decent (not great and not bad). Servings were generous. Service was mediocre at best.
- Warm and WelcomingSmartcookieDined on 8/10/2014This is the third time I have been to Core de Roma, the first were for dinner and this time for lunch. The owner makes you feel like you are a guest in her home and she truly wants you to enjoy your meal. The menu is quite varied and dishes are authentic. I especially like that it is a BYOB. Comfort food in a laid-back comfortable environment, I like it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/7/2014Core de Roma continues their tradition of excellence. Friendly courteous service and the best, most authentic Italian (Rome) cuisine in the western suburbs. Never disappoints.Special Features:
- another great mealalisonandfrankVIPDined on 8/6/2014THe conversation always starts the same between my wife and I, "What are you getting?". It really doesn't matter what you order, its all good. We're working our way through the menu one item at a time. We are always greeted and seated as soon as we walk in. The host and servers are always attentive. Buono appetito!!!!Special Features:
- Loved it!CactusDined on 8/5/2014Great food, great restaurant! had a wonderful meal. Love the local feel. Great owners make you feel like you are family eating in their kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fishMmeBVIPDined on 7/24/2014Three of four of us had Talapia and it was delicious. The salads were good and the calamare excellent.Special Features:
- Great foodanthonyVIPDined on 7/23/2014Been here many times. Great authentic Italian food. Was as good with my three friedns, and when I go with my wife. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Delicious food!!FoodieladyDined on 7/18/2014Great find! Best Italian food I've had in a while. Definitely will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem for Italian CuisineIgiveupDined on 7/16/2014This is our fifth visit to Core de Roma - and it will NOT be our last! Everything we have ever ordered was superb: served at the perfect temperature, attractive, and delicious. Wait staff are friendly, prompt, offering opinions on options for picky eaters. The noise level on a busy evening can be quite high, but the sound generated is by happy diners. West Chester area diners are exceedingly fortunate Core de Roma opened here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceLW003Dined on 7/11/2014Great food, our waiter was terrible. He was very rude. We asked if they have gluten free pasta and he said they do but it ties up the pasta pots. We asked him to tell us about the specials and he spoke so fast we couldn't understand a word he said. I asked a third time to describe a dish and he rolled his eyes. It is a bring your own restaurant and he immediately took the wine glasses away from my adult children. When I asked him to leave them, he rudely asked for their id's. I don't have a problem with him carding them, it was the way he handled it. When he gave us the bill he slammed it on the table so hard the mints flew off the tray onto the floor. He was this way from the moment he greeted us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnDined on 7/1/2014A very nice addition to the West Chester restaurant scene!
- Greg VGregVDined on 6/28/2014Wow. May be the best Italian meal we've had outside of Italy in the past few years. Octopus salad was perfect. No kidding, literally perfect. It came as an entire arm of the fish, but was incredibly tender, maybe the best I've ever had. The ossobuco was done to perfection, and unlike most, was a portion that did not leave one feeling stuffed, even though I could have (and perhaps should have) stopped after the octopus. This is a serious restaurant for serious Italian foodies. Don't let the out of the way shopping center location put you off. It is a must try, and maybe the best serious Italian food outside of Philadelphia.Special Features:
- Core de RomaPeteyDined on 6/27/2014We highly recommend Core de Roma! The food is amazing and the service is excellent. We had heard noise was a concern, but we sat near the front of the restaurant and it was not an issue.Special Features:
- DianeVIPDined on 6/25/2014Fabulous dinner for our party of 8 this past Wednesday night. All food selections were outstanding. Owner welcomed us, visited our table, and generously offered a complimentary dessert to our "birthday gal" while we all ordered from the delicious homemade dessert menu. Core de Roma is our favorite West Chester restaurant! Staff are well trained and attentive. Parking is available right outside the restaurant-a real plus in WC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new go-to restauranttimcavDined on 6/22/2014Been to Core de Roma several times and it continues to impress. Great food, courteous and prompt service, and reasonably priced. Went with the family (party of 5) and each of our dishes was delicious. The rib eye steak special was cooked perfectly medium rare and was as tender as any steak I've had. The bronzino was juicy, tender, and flaky and was expertly "prepared" table side after being presented from the kitchen. The other dishes were pasta plates (their specialty) which are spot on. The lasagne is a must-have if you're a fan. I'm not sure I've ever tasted better. The other dishes were pasta plates : one with a puttanesca sauce and the other with bologna. Both were done perfectly. Highly recommend this gem in West ChesterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Our waiter (who I think may or may not have been the owner) was super friendly and accommodating. He went above and beyond what a typical waiter would, to make sure all our needs were met. We were from out of town and weren't familiar with the area, so it was nice to be treated so well. The food was really good also. It's a BYOB place though, so make sure to bring something to drink because they don't serve anything!Special Features:
- Enjoyable evening!eatingoutDined on 6/21/2014Wonderful food, service, and ambience! Will return in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal!dshellpsuDined on 6/17/2014This visit just confirmed Core de Roma as our favorite West Chester restaurant. Consistently good food, friendly service, and great ambiance. We took friends there for their first visit and they agreed...Special Features:
- PhillytouristDined on 6/14/2014Great waitress and busboy. Food was delicious. No hostess to greet us or place to check on reservation so arriving was a little awkward. Once we connected with someone though, she was helpful. The tables are tight, but the food and prices and service were so good we'd definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great italian food.WaltonBoyDined on 6/14/2014Loved the food but our waiter seemed harried and distracted. Food was a little slow coming out, plus waiter did not check in very often to see if we needed anything. Other than that it was a place we would go back to in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, average servicediner77Dined on 6/11/2014Enjoyed our meals at this small neighborhood spot but the noise level made it very difficult to maintain a conversation and there was a breakdown in communication with the wait staff. We were asked to vacate our table 10 minutes after our check was received in order to accommodate the next reservation. Clearly not planning their reservations well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.