1122 Ninth Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.corduroydc.com/
- Phone: 2025890699x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday through Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm; Corduroy is available for private dining and receptions during the day and on Sundays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Tom Power, Chef/Owner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Corduroy offers two private rooms. One room can seat up to 16, the other can seat up to 24 and they can combine to seat 40. The entire restaurant can be made available for a sit down dinner for 100 or a cocktail reception for 200.
- Private Party Contact: Pete Poling 2025890699x
A word from Corduroy
Corduroy serves the best of the season with much of the restaurants produce coming from local farms. Corduroy is not handicapped accessible due to the historic nature of our building. No shorts are permitted.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Corduroy - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Corduroy reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (117)special occasion (107)romantic (69)notable wine list (59)neighborhood gem (56)good for groups (20)hot spot (8)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014Food is impeccably sourced and prepared. Chef Power was busy in the kitchen the Saturday night we were there!Special Features:
- Consummate, classy pros at workOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/17/2014From the moment we entered Corduroy to when stepped into a cab which was hailed for us by our waiter, we experienced a flawlessly executed meal and service. This is a singular experience not easily found in most upscale restaurants. The service is gracious and seamless. The scallop and tuna tonnato appetizers were revelations. The tuna and sushi rice entree, nothing short of perfection. Corduroy is a gem and sits with the finest NYC has to offer.Special Features:
- Extraordinary GemMowglivtVIPDined on 10/17/2014Our meal here was memorable in every way. The food excited our palettes from appetizers to dessert. The lobster carpaccio was mouthwateringly tender and exquisite, and the Wagyu beef was the best we have ever had, anywhere, period. The service was like a ballet with everyone working in harmony, which made for a lovely and pampered experience . Would go here again in a heartbeat and just wish we lived in DC so we could frequent it routinely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014Went here for the first stop during a bachelorette party. The restaurant was delicious and the food (chefs tasting menu) was exquisite. The restaurant is very quiet and resigned, however, so is only recommend it to those people looking for a quiet/cozy place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrjessieVIPDined on 10/15/2014Appetizer and main both very good. I found the service a bit too quick to move us along, and the seating (kind of a hallway) wasn't that great. But I'll definitely go back - with a specific request on the seating.
- Excellent FindRky23VIPDined on 10/13/2014Discovered this place and so glad I did. Service was excellent, food was outstanding. Suggestions from the waiter were superb. I really enjoyed my experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another pleasant experienceLuv2grubDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I celebrated our 12 year wedding anniversary at Corduroy on Saturday. We love the restaurant and have been there on several occasions. The food is great and the service is always impeccable. I recommend this restaurant to any couple or group looking for a quiet night out and a menu full of excellent choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/10/2014As other reviewers stated, you shouldn't be put off by the location because inside is the coziest and loveliest space filled with wonderful food and outstanding service. Sometimes upscale restaurants see a teenager come in with the parents and they adjust their attitude to condescending but we experienced the opposite here - they couldn't have been more gracious. The food was both beautifully presented and delicious. The lobster carpaccio was truly special; in fact, everything was. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Quite GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 10/10/2014Another solid experience. Great space, good service, delicious food and some really good wine choices/prices. While the menu here is indeed seasonal, I wished there were more regular changes in the menu. Still, the last of the heirloom tomoatoes were wonderful and the guinea hen was tremendous.
- PicaDined on 10/9/2014Lovely restaurant with excellent, attentive service. The scallops and wagyu beef were expertly prepared.Special Features:
- KittyvilleDined on 10/8/2014Excellent restaurant! Why had we never heard of it before? The food was outstanding, but particularly the appetizers and the desserts. Service was attentive but not intrusive, and atmosphere was cozy but also modern - very nice! Don't hesitate to try this restaurant - it's a hidden gem!Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceFeatherVIPDined on 10/7/2014High quality without being pretentious. Tasteful low key decor. Perfect service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeattleSommelierDined on 10/7/2014Great food and attention to detail. Wine list is well priced with vintage wines. Variety of proteins fits allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic place decent foodArashDined on 10/3/2014We liked our entree (my Tuna was perfect). Appetizer wasn't good, and desert (apple tart) was too sweet (I like sweet pastry was this one was too much). Very good service. Classic Ambiance
- Great dining experiencegolfkingVIPDined on 10/2/2014This is our second time at Corduroy and we were not disappointed. Food is excellent with many unique offerings. Service is very good and the ambiance is relaxed but elegant. I highly recommend this restaurant. One of DC's best.Special Features:
- Great mealreadytoeatVIPDined on 9/30/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary with dinner at Corduroy. It was just what we hoped for -- great food, fine wine, and attentive service. We had the chef's tasting menu and each course was delightful. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 9/27/2014We had the most lovely dinner here. Upon arrival, the host immediately offered to re-seat us when he noted a loud party nearby when it was clear we were hoping for a quiet, romantic evening. Everyone was incredibly observant and attentive. When I accidentally drank from my boyfriend's water glass and there was a lipstick mark on the glass, the server stopped to bring a new one. The food was superb and it is clear they prioritize fine local ingredients. Their scallops get picked fresh daily off the coast of New Jersey and sent to the restaurant by Greyhound. For dessert, they brought us a complimentary sample of their homemade pawpaw sorbet and a glass of Moscato. We're beyond impressed and will most definitely return here.Special Features:
- Exceptional661120854Dined on 9/27/2014Food was excellent, innovative and creative. Service was impeccable; wait staff terrific without being omnipresent, yet always there when needed. Nothing was overlooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Fish!BruncherDined on 9/23/2014I dined alone and was spoiled from the moment I entered the townhouse. I started with a crab blintz that was more like a spring role than a crepe. It was bursting with lump crab prepared in a delicate sauce over an exotic coleslaw. For my entre I enjoyed the first cut from a fresh fluke. It was accompanied by okra and exotic radish. I wish I could have licked the plate!Special Features:
- Outstanding food, decor, serviceDinerVIPDined on 9/18/2014One of our very favorite restaurants in Washington, D.C. Always interesting, with a very elegant feel and a very attentive staff.Special Features:
- Hidden GemmlpbDined on 9/18/2014You'd never expect this great foodie find across from a convention center in a mediocre neighborhood. The crowd is all from word of mouth and researching restaurant reviews. We were told that it was years before the chef/owner would even agree to posting the name outside. The food is great and the service couldn't be nicer nor more accommodating. While the clientele was predominantly casual, the staff is dressed and polished, while friendly and helpful. Great bar upstairs, but didn't seem to be popular. It'd be great for dining alone or as a walk-in if the place was full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food & ServiceFlyingRockDined on 9/18/2014Phenomenal restaurant that my wife and I had been meaning to try for some time. We went for an early dinner on a Thursday evening and were pleasantly surprised by the service, food and atmosphere, which aren't always great for early diners, as restaurants are prepping for the later rush. Corduroy is definitely an exception, with a warm, friendly staff, a varied and delicious menu and a phenomenal wine list. We had the bigeye tune and the Wagyu beef, both perfectly prepared and beautifully presented. We have been looking for a new "favorite spot" in DC and I believe we have found it. Only minor downside is parking, which is mostly on-street during the week (valet is apparently available during weekends). We will definitely be back soon.Special Features:
- Great serviceCountryGentlemanDined on 9/17/2014This is a must stop for you if you like good food and great service staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemGrantVIPDined on 9/15/2014Corduroy remains a favorite place of mine in DC. Its a real gem with great, friendly personal service. The wine list is amazing because it is fairly small compared to many others but the quality is excellent and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Excellent tasting menuDCdinerDined on 9/11/2014Enjoyed taking a friend here for a birthday dinner. We had the tasting menu and wine pairings. The courses were exquisite, the food fresh and perfectly prepared, service informative without being intrusive. The wines were not as dazzling as the meal, but suitable companions for each dish. And the birthday candle with dessert was a nice touch. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Fantastic MealMLSyogiVIPDined on 9/6/2014It is so nice to sit down in a relaxed and welcoming space and enjoy wonderful food and service. We were there for a special occasion, my daughter's birthday and the staff at Corduroy made the meal even more special. The wine list is outstanding and reasonably priced. We enjoyed a French Chardonnay whist eating the fresh corn soup, tuna tornatto, the buffalo cheese and greens (special that evening). Second course we enjoyed the soft shell crab, crispy salmon, scallops and tuna. Dessert was equally wonderful, the ice cream trio, flourless chocolate cake and the peach tarte tatin. Even the coffee was great. Run, don't walk to this DC gem.Special Features:
- Serendipitous FindEatingAboutVIPDined on 9/5/2014Great food and convenient to the convention center. I would defiantly make a return trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerzagmanDined on 9/3/2014Wonderful restaurant. Warm staff. Definitely recommend the chef's tasting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vjgrussingDined on 9/3/2014Our party of 4 did the chef's tasting menu, and we had an amazing experience. The food and service were impeccable, and they went out of their way to proactively accommodate my pregnancy dietary restrictions. When the restaurant gets full, it gets a little loud -- some acoustic dampening is needed. Would definitely go back -- one of the best dining experiences we've had in DC.Special Features:
- Corduroyjmf2VIPDined on 9/3/2014Top of its game.. Scallops fresh and perfectly cooked. Wine list varied and affordable... But if your a fan if jack Daniels or absolute vodka--- this is not your home for drinks as these brands are unavailable-- seems the proprietor wants you to expand your horizons--/ puts a damper in the experience as you start out disappointed and irritable not getting your preferred libation. Still the alternatives are varied and the specialty cocktails of interest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantLisaMDined on 8/30/2014Food is always outstanding. It's charm is the wonderful service and the staff who make you feel very welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite DC RestaurantHKSKVIPDined on 8/29/2014We have had dinner here perhaps a half dozen time over the past few years, whenever we visit Washington, and it remains our favorite all-around dining experience in town, even though we try to sample other highly-rate places on each visit. We are always so happy to return to Curdory. It's the perfect blend of service, food and ambiance.
- excellent meallauraVIPDined on 8/29/2014We really enjoyed this restaurant when we were visiting D.C. The food was excellent and the service was fantastic.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticFB0037FoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014Corduroy is quite possibly the best restaurant I've been to in DC. The relatively simple menu allows the chef to excel at many different pieces. I had the lamb, and the only downside is I didn't think to order two servings for myself. The wine list offers a broad selection, both by the half bottle and full bottle. Great, attentive wait staff. This should be at the top of everyone's list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit out of the way but worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/28/2014We opted for the Chef's tasting menu. Although the restaurant does wine pairings using their wines-by-the-glass menu, our waiter (who is also the sommelier) suggested that we order from their by-the-bottle menu. We opted for 2 glasses of white for the first 2 courses and a bottle of red for the remaining courses. He really knew the food and the wine list and was also respectful of our budget. The meal was outstanding - perhaps 1 of the best meals my partner and I have ever eaten. Each course was perfectly prepared - chilled tomato soup with thai chili pepper, pan seared scallops with grits, smoked pork tenderloin with zucchini… My mouth is watering just recounting it. Great ambience. Spectacular service. Go before the rest of DC finds it!Special Features:
- Suzanne007VIPDined on 8/27/2014second time at the restaurant and the food and service are consistently top notchSpecial Features:
- One of DC's Best!CathyAVIPDined on 8/26/2014Went to Corduroy on a Tuesday, so the dining room was not busy. This allowed our server (Oriana, I believe) to be most attentive. My colleague and I shared the heirloom tomato salad and soft shell crab to start (both wonderful!). My entree (scallops) was cooked to perfection and my colleague's salmon was also excellent. The only "negative" we encountered was trying to find a reasonably priced bottle of wine (the list is extensive, but many bottles are over-priced). Overall, a great experience. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet night but ...PaterFamiliasVIPDined on 8/26/2014... Great food. Lobster carpaccio was excellent. Tuna entrée was fresh but surprised by silverskin connective tissue in such a prime cut. On balance, a find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlisonjVIPDined on 8/9/2014We had dinner with two other couples and everyone raved about their meal and we all joined the clean plate club. I had the corn soup starter and the tuna main course, which were delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special dinnerbcfanDined on 8/9/2014We chose Corduroy after reading the outstanding reviews and we were not misled. We chose the chef's Surprise Tasting Menu, wonderful choice. The crab blintz and the seared scallops - ummm. It was our wedding anniversary so we wanted a special meal and it was.Special Features: