Cordeiros Bar & Grill
2025 Monticello Rd
Napa, CA 94558Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Cordeiros Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: (707) 224-1960
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Su-Th 5:30pm-9:30pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:30pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chris Johnson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: An Out door private dining patio with 60 people capacity.
- Private Party Contact: Bashar 7072241960
A word from Cordeiros Bar & Grill
Cordeiros Bar & Grill is a restaurant opening in Napa Wine Country.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Cordeiros Bar & Grill - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
Cordeiros Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (29)neighborhood gem (27)great for outdoor dining (26)special occasion (24)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (17)notable wine list (13)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (5)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/22/2014Disappointed on the food and service. Trying to be upscale and not there yet. My husband ordered an expensive bottle of wine and it was not presented to us and had to ask for it to be decanted. Had to ask to bring the bottle back to us to see what was poured. Also, it was a blend that was on the menu under Cab's .Then had to pour for ourselves afterwards. The caesar salad and carpaccio were pretty good, the steak was ordered med. and it came rare. So rather than send it back my husband and I switched. The prawns were OK and the sides were OK, nothing special. This place is expensive, but unfortunately not worth the price. It should be a neighborhood gem, but it's not. Would love for it to be really special occasion or a neighborhood friendly place to go more often.
- This place was a step back in time!DaBunniVIPDined on 11/14/2014We had a truly lovely dinner at Cordiero's. Our server, Patrick was a hoot, and mgr Georgio is himself, a bastion of dining tradition. The Ceasar salad, made tableside, is a work of art. The steaks were very good too. And the little chocolate fondue, compliments of the house, at the end of the meal, was just cute as can be. We'll sure be back. It's a nice change up from the hipster scene we're seeing WAY too much of in the valley these days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- owhyVIPDined on 11/8/2014A modern take on old fashion attentive service and excellent food. Impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoritenapawineDined on 10/23/2014We can't say enough about this new restaurant that has great food with fabulous historic ambience. The food was fresh and delicious and we would put it at the top with other Napa Valley 4 star restaurants. It is a great place for small or large parties with several areas for dining or just sit at the bar for a hamburger.Special Features:
- LaniLaniVIPDined on 10/23/2014What a find! Cordero's is my new favorite place to dine. The service was wonderful and the food was incredible. The Caesar salad which is made table side was lovely as was the rack of lamb and the Alaskan Salmon. The staff was courteous and at tentative without giving the sense that they wer hovering, or hurrying. my husband and I went for our anniversary and we will definetely be locals.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerDhansonDined on 10/22/2014Just amazing! great atmosphere, food and service! comfortable and relax while being very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carnivore exclusiveJuliaVIPDined on 10/21/2014We love the neighborhood gem but they are short on non-meat options. The ravioli was not available so the vegetable pasta was not worth the price. The waiter served Sauvignon Blanc in Cabernet glasses. They are still on a start up curve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014Fued was are server he was great, the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Romantic anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014Wonderful evening with my sweetheart of 21 years. The service was just right. Friendly well versed with menu and wines. Food was amazing especially the lobster. We will visit often!Special Features:
- Fabulous dinnerNapansontheroadDined on 10/14/2014My husband had the French onion soup and raved about it. He had the salmon for his entree and I had the swordfish -- both dishes were amazing, perfectly cooked, and included delicious veggies and rice. We saw the tableside caesar salad being prepared and we'll definitely try it next time. The complimentary chocolate fondue and cordial were a wonderful end to a wonderful meal. The service could not have been more polished and professional. This was our first time at this restaurant, but it won't be our last. We can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/11/2014The venue was very quiet and was nice to have a conversation in.
- Consistently great!nativenapanDined on 9/26/2014Have come here 3 times now, each time extremely enjoyable. Definitely will return. Great food, great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT DINNER SPOTOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014GREAT DINNER SPOT EXCELLENT FOOD,SERVICE AND ATMOSPHERE. MUST DINE HERE EVERYTIME WE COME TO NAPASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014Great food and comfortable ambiance. Excellent service. Also good for groups from 8 to 15 -20.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CordeirosFumeVIPDined on 9/19/2014The restaurant is pretty inside, beautiful patio, nice bar. Service was great, all the staff was very attentive. The menu had several selections that appealed to me. The shrimp cocktail was delicious & pretty! The dinner prawns lacked a bit of flavor. The complimentary burning fondue plate & spirit cart were delicious & the perfect way to end our evening!Special Features:
- hard2pleaseDined on 9/19/2014This was our first visit to Cordeiro's. Everything was excellent, great ambiance, great food and outstanding service. So happy to have this romantic venue back in action. It was like stepping back in time.Special Features:
- Hidden gemBob80Dined on 9/12/2014Went there for our anniversary dinner. Had a great romantic dinner on the patio and wonderful service from Patrick. We will be going back and recommending this place to our friends and family. The food was amazing!! Best au gratin potatoes ever!! -and fondu and liqueur with every meal! We might just become regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceJuliaVIPDined on 9/12/2014The renovation was amazing and the kitchen immaculate! Service was outstanding with perfect food. Nice selection for non-steak eaters as well. Can't wait to stop in for happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Excellent Caesar, plump and juicy prawns, great flatbread, and Sammy was terrific. We had a great time and can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Find2glasseofredwineadayVIPDined on 9/11/2014What a find..We not only have great wine in the Coombsville AVA, now we have a great restaurant in the AVA, with good food to go with it....Close to home and relaxing, too...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner as alwaysdddwineNdineVIPDined on 9/9/2014I have dined here multiple times and it has been enjoyable every time. Try it out and see for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A find....WineFineDineVIPDined on 8/31/2014With the Earthquake all of us in Napa have been a bit dazed, and more than amply confused. It is hard to determine in these early stages where restaurants are in the recovery process. I have seen Cordeiros Bar & Grill show up more than once on Open Table, however you get so use to your local haunts that you don't venture out. Well, I am writing to say..venture out. Cordeiros was a huge surprize; everything from that atmosphere to the food was grand, and the service was outstanding. The Menu is fitting to the name "Grill", but everything was very well prepared, even to the point of saying "exceptional". I was personally very impressed by the simple but well outfitted wine list. I can't wait for my next visit. Go now before you can't get in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an arrival!LocalLVDinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014The arrival & front of this restaurant is beautiful. It sets the expectation for a quality dining experience. The dining space was quaint with a covered courtyard outside. Our busser, told us about the walnut bread in the basket. Alas, there was none. Our waitress was extremely attentive & knowledgable. The menu was well priced for apps & salads, but their steak dishes were way overpriced. Looking for something light, I ordered the salmon and my partner ordered the "tilapia special w/pineapple beurre blanc" - it was either going to be amazing or inedible. It was the latter. After the main course, a flaming fodue arrived at the table with fresh fruit to dip. The offering inhibited us from buying dessert - at least another $16 on our check.Special Features:
- Fantastic dining experiencenativenapanDined on 8/31/2014Excellent food, service and atmosphere. Lovely grounds. Will definitely be back! Always loved this place when it was Petri's back in the day. Glad to see it up and running again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well done!localgalDined on 8/28/2014We went to Cordeiros Bar & Grill with no expectations. It is a new restaurant and we hadn't hear any comments about the food, service, etc. We were so pleased with our evening! We were greeted cordially and taken to our seats. We sat inside although the open courtyard area was the most popular seating area. The food was delicious! Roasted beet salad mouth-watering; wild salmon some of the best I've had; Petit Filet tender and tasty. The sole was very good but not the best my husband has had. Our waiter and his helper were wonderful. We will definitely go back to this great new restaurant. Well done!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerCharVIPDined on 8/25/2014We went with friends -- and tasted each other's food. Superb dinner. Caesar salad made at table was very good. Steak out of this world. Lamb chops wonderful. Shared a delicious dessert. Wait staff just excellent. I don't understand the bad reviews.Special Features:
- Wonderful, We can't wait to return!lovetodineVIPDined on 8/22/2014We celebrated with an AMAZING dinner! We started with appetizers and cocktails outside where they have a beautiful outdoor area with outdoor seating, fountains and beautiful flowers. We then dined in the retaurant starting with the Seafood on Silver (beautiful presenation), oysters rockefeller (delicious), Table side Ceasar (a lot of fun and delicious too) Filet Mignon with Bernaise Sauce (very, very good steak, cooked perfectly. Bernaise sauce was the best I have had in years), Wild Salmon with lemon/butter/caper sauce (cooked perfectly, very tasty, loved every bite)/ Best of all, dinner came with complimentry chocoloate fondue and complimentry after dinner liquor. Really neat and special touches you do not find any where else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VinogirlDined on 8/19/2014Probably because this restaurant is new, seems to have some kinks to work out. Service was impeccable, Sammy is a gem. Food was good, but a bit over priced. Wine list is a little confusing, not at all well thought out, they need to really work on it. They need a good 'by the glass' selection (go to Pizza Azzurro for pointers) and a better 'affordable' Cabernet Sauvignon selection if they want to sell more steak. Had chicken because the Cab choices were mediocre. Pleasant experience, but other valley restaurants do the same thing as Cordeiro's, but a little bit better. Probably would eat there again, as it is the closest restaurant to my home, but would hope they would try to fine tune what type of restaurant they are trying to be.Special Features:
- Second chance will be awhile!GoldrushDined on 8/16/2014Dined in the main dining room, although the patio looked more appealing. Overall service was good. Of note, the table setting, by design, had no silverware but charger plates. The charger plates were removed shortly after we were seated and silverware added. An extra step that seemed unnecessary and annoying to the conversation at hand. Caesar salad was excellent! I had the NY aged steak. I ordered it medium rare and is was overcooked as medium, dry steak! It came with a béarnaise sauce that was cold. Really? My wife had the special halibut entrée with Dungeness crab topping. It consisted of two small left over pieces of fish and overcooked, like my meal. A complimentary shared dessert was a nice gesture to our underwhelming entrees.
- Traditional and FabulousFrankVIPDined on 8/4/2014Takes you back to the 1950's, but updated, with a twist. We (4) had Oysters Rockerfeller, Crispy potato skins and Onion rings (light and perfect), Duck confit flatbread (the tasty concession to trendy foods) and all had perfect textures and flavors. The Onion soup gratin impressed us with real, sweet, reduced onion flavor. Happily, it was not hiding anything in too much salt, my usual complaint with onion soup. Table-side preparation of Caesar salad was very old school, and the salad was crisp, lemony, and fresh. The surf and turf, both were perfect and tender. We didn't have room for dessert, but seems like the place to have Crepe Suzette or something flambeed. Coffee set-up presentation was fab! Very romantic, dramatic presentations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new restaurantLindajsweetpeaVIPDined on 8/3/2014Needs fine tuning. Steak excellent. Vegetables too under cooked. Caesar too skimpy. Has only been open couple of weeks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food "A" but Overall "Needs Work"LocalVIPDined on 8/2/2014An enjoyable dining experience requires more than good food. My wife's beet salad was very good-except it arrived 10 minutes before my Caesar salad was prepared at tableside. Our waiter had at least 6 tables and he didn't have the time to prepare it! My salad was excellent. We then had a 35 minute wait from after we finished our salads until our entrees arrived. Numerous apologies but far too long a wait. The steak was also very good albeit expensive. It was Saturday evening and they were understaffed both in the kitchen and in the front of the house. The wine list also needs attention. There are few wines by the glass. They also have a "noise" problem due to the low ceiling. Our room was not full and it was difficult having a conversation.
- Good and love the locationoutallthetimeDined on 7/31/2014I like Cordeiros. The various dining rooms are lovely and create terrific ambiance. I am a local and want to see it succeed, so a few suggestions. The onion soup is too sweet and needs more seasoning. The beefsteak tomatoes should be cored. The steaks are too expensive unless they are for two people and I would prefer they be offered ala carte so that we could choose our own side dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad service will close this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/31/2014With the exception of the Caesar salad, the food was mediocre and overpriced with abysmal service! Too bad, as we could use a good, local restaurant - these guys have a long way to go.
- The following 8 reviews are from the Cordeiros Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- owhyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Friendly and attentive service at this new location. Caesar salad prepared professionally at table side. Steak done perfectly. Loved the gift desert touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014I know this restaurant is new but still I expected more. Ordered the onion soup, ceasar salad and a filet. The soup was too sweek, the salad drenched in dressing that was way to vinegary and the steak was supposed to be cooked medium rare but was over done, dry and tasteless. Perhaps after they've been open a whle things will get better.
- Napa Mitchmitch48Dined on 7/25/2014We have been coming to this location for 25 years. Friday night was excepyional...the bar tenders interesting drinks, the Mixed Grill was fabulous and service was great! Don't forget Sean's Ceasar prepared tableside.Special Features:
- Great new addition to NapadddwineNdineVIPDined on 7/21/2014If you haven't checked out this new Napa spot, you need to soon!Special Features:
- FoodnfunDined on 7/20/2014Food was excellent as was the wait staff. All of the amenities such as Ceasar Salad made table side and after dinner liqueurs a wonderful touch. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/18/2014All entrees were either overcooked or undercooked. Staff didnt know wnaything about the beef source at his steakhouse. Lousy service. losuy acoustics. Common menu and wine list in the heart of Napa Valley....what are they thinking? 6-9 months left.