Coral Seafood - Worcester
225 Shrewsbury Street
Worcester, MA 01604Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Coral Seafood - Worcester
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.coralseafood.com/
- Phone: (508) 755-8331
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Coral Seafood - Worcester
Why does our seafood taste so good? We hand select our fish directly from the source at the Boston Fish Pier. We never get our fish delivered by a third party. All our fish is brought in our own truck. We hold our fish in specially designed Refrigerators that have oversized cooling capacity to maintain the fish at a perfect temperature. Since we go to Boston Daily, We buy just what we need for that day. We throw away any fish that does not meet our quality specifications.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Coral Seafood - Worcester - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
Coral Seafood - Worcester reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (13)neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (10)great for lunch (8)special occasion (7)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (2)romantic (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- GailDined on 11/1/2014Staff friendly and helpful. Husband ordered pansseared tuna and said it was very good..I ordered baked stuffed shrimp with two sides of veggies. Veggies were very good but shrimp was overcooked and the stuffing tasteless. My meal was not worth the price charged.
- Great Fresh Seafood in a PinchnjseadooerVIPDined on 10/10/2014Had an awesome dinner with my son and shared the grilled octopus and calamari which melted in your mouth. I had the fried seafood platter (it was Friday :-) ) with whole clams vs clam strips ($1 more) and worth every penny. Ask for a side of the diced hot peppers which are a great compliment to the tartar sauce which is provided with the dish.Special Features:
- Alternative to fish hot spot inPaulaDined on 10/3/2014Delightful, don't know why this isn't more crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom's BirthdayLuvSeafoodDined on 9/18/2014We celebrated my mother's birthday, it was a slow night for the restaurant, but that meant we had more attention and plenty of space to be ourselves! Good was great, although they had a summer menu that was out of date, but they accommodated us as best they could! Overall, thanks Coral for helping me celebrate my mother's birthday with her favorite type of food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not that goodemelDined on 9/13/2014the service was slow and inconsistent. the waiter seemed to have an attitude. food was inconsistent as well. the pomegranate martinis were terrible and send back. a bowl of chowder was forgotten. overall not a good experience at all.
- The following 13 reviews are from the Coral Seafood - Worcester reviews archive.
- luv2dineDined on 7/19/2014Have been to Coral many times and am always pleased with the quality and freshness of their seafood. This time there were 5 of us celebrating my sister and my daughter-in-law's birthdays. We were all pleased with our meals. Would highly recommend it. Mike was a great waiter. Very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Rolls & Onion RingsPHATASHVIPDined on 7/19/2014Good food at a good price, simple and straightforward
- Enjoyable EveningJimboDined on 6/28/2014This was a first time visit to the Coral Seafood Restaurant. We were pleasantly surprised by the experience. In addition, on this night there was a jazz trio playing. They were a nice addition to our dinning experience. The sound of the trio was just right for back ground music. We will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fish in an attractive roomFoodie4Dined on 6/15/2014We had a nice Father's Day dinner at. Coral Seafoods. The lobster my son got was great and my husband and I enjoyed the large scallops. The waiter was excellent and the menu was quite large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Job well done.GerryDined on 6/14/2014Coral Seafood does seafood well. My grilled shrimp, 7 large, were more than I could eat. Service was good and attentive. On this Saturday evening, we were curious about how slow business was, many empty tables for a place with a good reputation but being in the restaurant business ourselves, we understand ebbs and flows. The crowning glory in my opinion, was the jazz trio they had playing in the dining room. Excellent musicians playing all the standards from the American Songbook. A much preferred, by me, dining addition than heavy rock played loudly enough to drown out conversation. Job well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrewsbury Street gemPolishpenDined on 6/7/2014Coral Seafood offers guests an overall wonderful experience. The seafood is fresh and uniquely presented. Our server was polite, prompt but non-intrusive. We enjoyed the ambiance and décor very much. We will definitely return in the future.Special Features:
- Lovestoeatout2VIPDined on 6/7/2014The restaurant is getting a very "tired look". The meal was OK but not exceptional, our waitress was very good.
- So-soBlueDined on 4/28/2014The server said she could not make a Mai-to. And then when we ordered a Long Island ice tea she said she would have to google it. It fortunately came out tasting fine. My husband had raw scallops and dry tough shrimp in his baked dish. While mine was tasty it was so heavy. Dessert menu average. The kicker was the booth was dingy and the menus were dirty and the plastic cracked. We will not strays from 111 or the sole again. They are superior
- Avoid on a funtion nightBoston2IbizaVIPDined on 4/12/2014I have had an excellent experience at this restaurant in the past, so for my mother-in-law's birthday, we wanted to take her out for a special birthday meal at this restaurant. The restaurant was not crowded, but there was a large function going on upstairs and this is the main reason why I think our experience was not good. From the time we sat down, it took an exceedingly long time to receive our meals and when we did receive our meals, the server brought them out at different times, so we were all left waiting for several minutes to eat because everyone had not yet received their meals. Then, my mother-in-law's salmon was under-cooked and she was only able to eat part of it. But, our server was very pleasant despite slow kitchen times.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time was not the charmPickyeaterDined on 4/5/2014We have eaten here before and had great food, great service and great ambience. This time, the food was just a little humdrum and there were no specials that called out to us. The lobsters that day were around 1 pounders which makes for a puny lobster. There were several parties going on (one upstairs only visible, not heard and the other right next to us but not too loud). The problem was the sound level of the band playing their music-it got so we were having to raise our voices to be heard at our table. We were actually glad when it was time to leave into the relative quiet of outside. Maybe turn down the sound system or just have music without vocals as that was what contributed most to the sound levels.Special Features:
- Food was amazing and waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014Food was amazing and waitress was attentive but not overbearing! I did not love my first time at Coral Seafood a few years ago (my scallops were overdone and my vegetables were undercooked), but am so glad I tried it again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014Food - OK, service - horrible. We had to wait much longer than expected for everything, from meeting our server to getting our entrees to paying the check. The server said 3 times he would refill our water and never did. Not planning to go back.
- Great find!JanGVIPDined on 2/12/2014This is a great restaurant with a good menu. The prices were less than other sea food restaurants in town. The tables are nicely spaced apart, allowing for privacy, and the portions were large! I would definitely go back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.