2075 Yonge St.
Toronto, ON M4S 2A4Neighborhood:
Yonge and Eglinton
FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coquinerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4163226767
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Sunday & Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Alejandro Bustamante
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Coquine now offers an extensive off-site Catering Menu available on our website or stop by for a copy. Please call or email to arrange your next event, we can take the stress out of planning and make your special day a memorable one.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private room, or Jasmine Room as we call it, can comfortably accomodate up to 36 people in a sit down event. Often used for Birthday Parties, Showers, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, Corporate Holiday Events and Private Brunch Buffets it features a flat-screen TV with laptop connectivity, French Doors for exclusivity and independant music and A/C controls. Surrounded by hand-drawn Parisian artwork you can dine on your choice of three set menus and Hors D'oeuvres found under the Menus tab on this website. Keep in mind all menu options are flexible and we strive to meet the needs of your party, no matter how unique. From full restaurant rental to bar stand-up events we can provide the space necessary.
- Private Party Contact: Rob Prete 4163226767
- Entertainment: Sunday night live jazz from 7 to 9PM. Sit back, relax, have a cocktail and listen to Toronto’s finest jazz musicians serenade you while you enjoy your meal.
- Cross Street: Manor Road
- Public Transit: Exit the Yonge and Eglinton TTC station through the south exit, we are a short walk south, just past the Art Shoppe on the North, East corner of Yonge and Manor Road.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Surrounding street parking is available on the many side-streets in our neighborhood.
A word from Coquine
Owner Robert Prete formerly of Grazie Restaurant invites you to join him at Coquine Restaurant, a modern European bistro just three blocks south of Yonge and Eglinton. This neighbourhood spot offers feel good classics with a modern twist and friendly service in a beautiful Art Deco inspired setting. Winner of finest French Onion Soup three years in a row and voted best brasserie (Post City Mag, Dec 2008). Join us for cocktails and a bite in the bar room. Entrées start from $23-32. Open Mon. to Sun. for lunch and dinner, with brunch available on the weekends. Take out and catering are available. Remember to book your special function in our private “Jasmine” room (holds up to 36 guests). Come & enjoy the summer on one of our 2 patios! Live Jazz Sundays 7 - 9 p.m. Freshly shucked oysters on Monday evenings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Coquine - Best Restaurants in Yonge and Eglinton ›
Coquine reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (19)great for outdoor dining (19)romantic (16)good for groups (14)special occasion (13)great for brunch (10)notable wine list (10)great for lunch (7)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- MmmmmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014My boyfriend had told me this was his favourite restaurant, after we tried it this week, I can't wait to go back and have been touting it to all my friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014the dinning area was a little too toght, we could clearly hear the converstions on both sides of our table. The french onin soup was bland. the rack lamb appetizer & Shrimp scallop entre was excellen.Special Features:
- ExcellentHaggisDined on 9/12/2014Good food. Good atmosphere Wine nice. Liquer. Had to choose 3 timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HOTSPOTjastet41Dined on 9/5/2014We drive past this joint all the time, and finally had the chance to eat there. The steak was PERFECT, and the pork belly and diver scallops that my wife had were tender and tasty. Great staff, always hopping, and we'll definitely be back! A perfect french dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, ok serviceLSpartDined on 8/31/2014The food was amazing! It felt like we were back in Paris. Live jazz on Sunday night was a nice treat. The service was slow and rude...This also made us feel like we were back in Paris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmospherePeijiDined on 8/28/2014I love the interior of this restaurant. It's beautiful and the food was delicious, there was just the right amount of everything. I would definitely visit again, but not often since it is a little more expensive.Special Features:
- Consistentley ExcellentLocalSocializerDined on 8/25/2014It's always great here - the wine list is very good and the complimentary snacks / apps are tasty and delicious. The duck confit is always great and the servers go out of their way to make sure you have a great meal.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceAnnieDined on 8/23/2014Lively atmosphere, wonderful food, served hot and fresh. Attentive and friendly waiter who paced the service very well and didn't rush us. Continuously filled our water glasses and checked on our beverage situation. Probably the best escargot I have had in many years! Our table of four ordered two desserts - both excellent and lovely portion sizes (not oversized).Special Features:
- AddyFoodyDined on 8/21/2014Great find! Service was terrific, food was outstanding and the vibe was good enough to stay for an extended lunch (2 hours).Special Features:
- Good but expensiveHighlandCreekVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had a nice dinner there, but it wasn't spectacular. Food arrived warm and kind of congealed looking. Quite expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off nightJoe3Dined on 8/14/2014Most stuff went wrong, but I know they can do better.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014We will be back,right atmosphere good food what else do you want?Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014We had a great time at the restaurant service was fantastic and our waiter is fabulous.Special Features:
- Always greatBeahrDined on 7/18/2014Coquine is indeed a neighbourhood gem - the food is always great.Special Features:
- Delicious French FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/17/2014Had the seafood phyllo pastry with scallop substitute.....absolutely amazing!!! Ordered a few appetizers and really enjoyed them as well. Hard to find a good French restaurant in the city so we're definitely coming back!Special Features:
- Super spot!Love2EatDined on 7/17/2014Parking was a bit of an issue and the main area was noisy as there was a private party going on. But they sat us in the back dining room and you couldn't hardly hear the group at all. The food was delicious! Not pretentious and just the right portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/11/2014Easy-going patio, top-notch service from Maria, delicious starters of moules & frites and fritto misto, perfect entree of pork chop, 2 pitchers of sangria. Could not have been a better place to celebrate our friend's birthday. Will be back regularly.Special Features:
- Always a winnercindyDined on 7/8/2014Great food, wonderful staff, lively, great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Living on Past Glory...franjii2VIPDined on 7/6/2014We went to Coquine because we had read all kinds of great reviews. This was NOT the experience we had. We sensed that things wouldn't go smoothly. The service was slow as molasses, dinner took us over two and a half hours before we received our main courses. I ordered the casoulet, which was over reduced, barely had any beans in it, and was more of a meat pot than anything else. So salty I couldn't finish it. The white bean spread is highly touted, but ours had no discernible flavour at all! We actually had to ask what it was!! Not worth your time, and certainly not worth your money. Too bad, because they do play great live jazz and have a lovely patio, but that's not enough to make me ever go back and give it a second chance...
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2014Lovely ambiance, inside an out. Excellent salad on the patio, and most pleasant and onscientious servers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Great food...very comforting and delicious. Great service and ambiance. Great restaurant for dining with other half, with one friend, with many friends and friends with kids. Not too noisy but lively atmosphere. I always enjoy coming here, whether it be brunch, lunch or dinner!Special Features:
- An outstanding GemUdayDined on 6/15/2014Having wanting to try French food for the longest time, I was very pleased to have stumbled on Conquine. The food was excellently prepared and well portioned. The wine list was varied and suitable for most palettes, the only complaint I had was that several items were not available on the menu (though it may have to do with the fact we went on Father's day). If you are looking for lovely environment, without the pretentious atmosphere of typical French fare then Conquine is the spot for you.Special Features:
- Fabulous dinner & serviceEchoDined on 5/23/2014We were a party of 5. Seating quickly and service was excellent from start to finish. The food was great . The room is loud and very energetic.Special Features:
- The following 37 reviews are from the Coquine reviews archive.
- Nice place without a singerBobyokoiVIPDined on 5/11/2014That place was very good, food was excellent for me and my wife, since we got early there was sun right in front of our table ... no big deal really ... Wine was also good and the food was really well prepared ..... The only problem was a singer that was singing bad and outloud .... everything gets better when she went to a break. Owner ... please avoid that ... romantic music would be just fineSpecial Features:
- Great...tightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2014Great food. Great Service Tables are very close to each other.Special Features:
- Amazing food, need more breaddarkh0rseDined on 5/9/2014This place served up amazing French food at fair prices. Our only complaint was that they never brought us enough bread (we were a big group and kept running out). Also, the furniture and decor seems a bit dated, but doesn't get in the way of a great experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic!love2eatVIPDined on 4/29/2014The best french onion soup, beet gnocchi and red wine. Phenomenal service with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousjulianryanVIPDined on 4/27/2014I have been less than enthusiastic than others with the quality of French bistro food in Toronto, of which the world as a whole is a little oversupplied, but this place made me change my negative opinion, they do the classics very well, the steak-frites, escargots, gnocchi, duck confit, foie gras terrine, etc., and the fries are perfect-- as we know, the mark of a good French bistro. Service is formidably good as we had a waiter who was voted one of the best in the city, his name is Peter, please ask for him if you go. I have to concur with whoever voted him one of the best waiters in Toronto. I wish that my bank account had disagreed when it came time for the tip! ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodilanasVIPDined on 4/26/2014Go. It's a good place for a night out. Salads were yummy. Mussels fair. Service great. We have been before and would go back again. Prices a bit high. I don't have anything else to say but opentable insists on 50 words.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch experience.HawkeyeDined on 4/26/2014Great experience overall however Eggs Benedict with crab and avocado was served cold. Very disappointing compared to awesome wine and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. A little priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/10/2014Excellent food. A little pricey and noisy to my liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room for ImprovementzenbroDined on 4/4/2014The service was laid back. It's not quantity it's quality. Dishes lacked flavour. The lamb had no taste to it. Best part of meals was the fried brussels sprouts. My girlfriend had the lamb and I had the pork belly. We ordered the duck sausage but it did not show up. The waiter kept trying to fill our glasses with water even though we told him numerous times that we do not drink Toronto tap water. This place is more like a bar with decent food...not the French restaurant we were expecting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paresian FeelFoodieVIPDined on 4/4/2014Great French cuisine without having to travel! Great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsLondonGirlDined on 3/30/2014Have eaten here several times now for both brunch and dinner. Food has been consistently good and the service is always friendly without being intrusive. Will definitely be dining at Coquine again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sea bassBellaDined on 3/21/2014Loved the tomato pesto on the bass and it was cooked perfectly. We said we were splitting a salad and they plated it individually which was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French in North TorontoDanRDined on 3/14/2014Coquine has been thiving on Yonge St for many years with good reason - great food and friendly service. We continue to explore different dishes with each visit. Seafood is fresh and well prepared. Beef, lamb and duck all presented with full flavours and great accompaniments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerlovebistrosDined on 3/11/2014Coquine was very good, excellent bistro food and attentive but not overbearing service. One member of our party has celiac disease and the waiter was very helpful in suggesting gluten-free options and the kitchen was careful in preparation. A very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- Oh la la.... Simply delish!SpaGirlDined on 3/8/2014This is neighbourhood gem is reminiscent of a typical brasserie in Paris. A great menu that will appeal to all taste levels.....I recommend the duck cassolet-it is divine!Special Features:
- Another great timeLuvGudFoodDined on 2/21/2014The venue is full come 7pm on a Frida but luckily we had an early reservation. Good service. Exceptional food. Duck Confit was superb. Will return.Special Features:
- Day After Valentines Day DinnerJaykaygeeDined on 2/15/2014A true go to restaurant for us after celebrating a significant birthday of my wife's a couple of years ago, Coquine once again did not dissappoint. From the perfectly mixed pre dinner gin martini and bourbon sour at the bar to the comfortable and attentive service of our server, we were left smiling from ear to ear. The food was delecious and abundant (almost too much!) and the vibe of the evening made for a perfect respite for my wife and my busy busy lives. Knowing it's the return guests that keep a restaurant thriving seems to seperate this uptown restaurant from its peers. Hip without pretension, a mixed crowd making us feel not too young or too old, we can't wait to come back. Cheers for doing it so right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.