2800 Magazine Street
New Orleans, LA 70115Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coquettenola.com/
- Phone: 504-265-0421x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Saturday 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Sunday 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef: Michael Stoltzfus
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering available. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Party Facilities: Upstairs available for a seated dinner party up to 65 people or 80 people for a cocktail party. Full restaurant buyouts available for groups up to 200 people. For more information, please email email@example.com.
- Private Party Contact: Tiffany Haleamau 504-265-0421x
A word from Coquette
Located in the Garden District of New Orleans, Coquette offers innovative southern cuisine with an emphasis on locally sourced product. Featuring an accessible international wine list, classic and creative New Orleans cocktails and a well-traveled beer list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Coquette - Best Restaurants in Garden District ›
Coquette reviews from OpenTable diners
208 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (165)neighborhood gem (125)special occasion (101)romantic (80)great for lunch (55)great for brunch (52)hot spot (44)notable wine list (42)vibrant bar scene (39)good for groups (25)great for outdoor dining (16)late-night find (8)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Lovely but....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Really enjoyed this gem of a restaurant for a romantic special occasion dinner. Service and atmosphere were incredible. The menu is custom curated each week - so check before you go. I found the options our week to be very pork heavy and the seafood options fried (both not my faves) and no substantial vegetable options. Loved what we did end up ordering but def don't come here if anyone in your party is vegetarian or doesn't eat pork without calling first.Special Features:
- Coquette is not CoquettishRbsilverDined on 9/27/2014We had a wonderful dinner here although the service was a bit off. The good is delicious albeit hard to find a dish that I wanted each component. There was no ability to order say an entree and then some kind of side other than what was offered. Tables are assigned two servers and ours did not seem to communicate with each other - for example we ordered a drink which didn't arrive and after 20 or so minutes asked about it, then received two. Additionally, the restaurant is VERY LOUD. We had a wonderful meal and the food was delicious. I recommend it as a NOLA eatery.Special Features:
- Horrible service, but great foodMikeDined on 9/27/2014The food, as always, was great. We enjoyed our meals and drinks. The service, however, was not as good. We arrived to the restaurant after making an online reservation and was greeted, "What can I do for you?" I was taking aback by the manager and host not saying welcome to Coquette. I kindly stated, we have a reservation for 2 and gave the name. They indicated that our table was not ready because the previous guest were taking longer than expected. I understood that statement more after we were finally seated because the service was slow. The server was nice and gave great descriptions of the menu items, but was obviously overwhelmed. She came back to ask if our entrees were okay when we had one bit left.Special Features:
- Great culinary experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014My husband and I did the 5 course blind tasting. Every dish was phenomenal - perfectly timed, well-presented, and absolutely delicious. The service is excellent - casual yet classy, attentive but not invasive. The restaurant itself is well-decorated and well-lit. All around a wonderful place, certainly one of my favorites in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef fed us his selectionsfoodtodie4Dined on 9/21/2014Must say everything presented by the Chef was outstanding...from start to finish every course was enjoyed by all 4 of us. So many unique flavors in every dish. Everything fresh and presented in a pleasing manner. The wait staff could not have been better. What more can I say...GREAT!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service; great foodRobDineDined on 9/19/2014Snapper was awesome and our waiter, Taylor Adams, was the best.Special Features:
- A "MUST DO" SPOT!KameekDined on 9/17/2014My Colleagues and I were in town for a conference and this spot was suggested to us. OMG! If you are dining here for the first time, ask for "Tracy C." She is the BEST! Ask her to walk you through the menu. She does it like a tour guide! To the point that your palette is ready to try EVERYTHING. The staff and GM, just AWESOME. The food portions are just enough that you can confidently say, "I've dine sufficiently"... without the feeling of gluttony! PERFECT SPOT! See you all on my next trip to Nawlins! :-) GO FALCONS! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday1neworleansguyDined on 8/31/2014We were going for a special occasion with out-of-town friends that are foodies. The food was great with outstanding. I had met the server on a previous visit and he was again a wonderful host with good suggestions. The ambiance was comfortable and definitely worth the visit. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, great servicejyates25Dined on 8/30/2014This is one of the best restaurant for foodies in New Orleans. Great dishes that change daily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special MealHockey19Dined on 8/30/2014Had the blind tasting with wine pairing. 2 amuse bouche's before 5 spectacular offerings. Wine pairing started with popped champagne and wound it's way through other great selections. Pacing seemed quick but we were there two hours. Service was amazing. Quality of food is always critical but quality of service is also. Coquette's staff is beyond exceptional. Not one question about the food or wine that was not known and answered. We met our server at 7:30 and she hugged us as family as we left. If you are comfortable spending $100 for dinner, this is the way to go.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We had dinner there after a long, exhausting week and just wanted somebody to tell us what to eat. We chose the blind tasting menu with the wine pairing. We were pleasantly surprised by the flavor profiles, attention to texture and complexity of each dish--and happily at ease in their hands by the time the first course arrived (after a couple of snack plates). Excellent dinner--my favorite was the rice bowl with smoked catfish, grilled kale, and peppers. Incredibly elegant flavors. The only weak link was the duck--while as complex and elegant as the rest of the menu, the aggregate seemed a bit barbecue-like. The waitstaff is wonderful, and the manager is personally attentive.Special Features:
- WonderfulgaryVIPDined on 8/29/2014As always Coquette came through with an excellent meal. Thanks!Special Features:
- Happy repeat customerOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/23/2014Always good food prepared in an innovative manner. Fresh, local, products with a great twist!! You won't be disappointed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - pricey and noisyWineloversDined on 8/23/2014The food and cocktail/wine were great. Pricey and very loud bar scene. Best for the young foodies!Special Features:
- The best!!!mickyDined on 8/22/2014We had the extreme plaesure of dining at Coquette upon my son and his girlfriend's recommendation. My husband and I are in our late 50s early 60s and live in the Washington DC Metropoltan area. We've traveled extensively and have always searched for recommended reataurants. Your restaurant if not the best, comes very close to being that, among all the restaurants at which we've ever eaten. The food was superb!!! The service impeccable! We look forward to dining at your establishment again! Compliments to the chef!!! Carmen BostonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five course fandangoSpanisheyesDined on 8/22/2014Delighted to find enough gluten free fare for 2 five course blind tasting dinners. We got 2nd floor window seating as well. Some portions bite-size but collectively satisfying. With the wine pairing we floated home! Menu changes daily but everything fresh and local.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdithEdithDined on 8/20/2014We really enjoyed our dinner, appetizers was great as well as main dishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/17/2014Fun and delicious. Great vegetarian pre fixe dinner for Coolinary New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodRobmacVIPDined on 8/16/2014On Magazine in the Garden District, Coquette is a true gem. We went for anniversary dinner and loved it. Food was outstanding. My wife was worried because the menu is definitely creative and offers some interesting, unusual choices, but she bsolutely loved her skirt steak entree and my duck was probably the best I have ever had (and I order duck regularly). And the peach dessert was truly unique and superb. Upstairs, where we were, is spacious and more quiet. Downstairs with bar has an old- time feel. Service was good, and our waitress gave an excellent explanation of the desserts when we inquired. There is some hipster vibe though going on with the wait staff. Would definitely go back and highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChachaDined on 8/16/2014We did the five course tasting menu with the wine pairing. Each dish was delicious and beautifully prepared. My two favorites were The lightly tempura fried shrimp with fresh horseradish and the chicken, watermelon and mixed green salad. Each bite was like a taste explosion. I cannot wait till I can return to this restaurant and try some of the other fabulous dishes that I saw there. The staff was very friendly and courteous. They made immediate accommodations for gas with physical limitation. This restaurant definitely outshine some of the more famous New Orleans restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JitterbuggyDined on 8/16/2014After eating our way through New Orleans for a weekend, the four of us agreed it was the best meal we had (!and we dined in some very good places! It felt like the chef prepared each meal with careful consideration for individuality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday luncheonFunatheartDined on 8/16/2014First time at Coquette party of 3 all celebrating birthdays in July; very friendly and helpful wait staff; excellent food; fun atmosphere; and surprised with candles in our 3 desserts. I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wish I could give it 10 stars!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014All around wonderful experience! They made our 5th anniversary so special. Food and service was above par!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely Little RestaurantSoozieFoodieDined on 8/15/2014We had a delightful and delicious lunch at this wonderful restaurant. The menu is always inventive, and the chef is adept at pairing familiar ingredients in thoughtful and new ways. Wait staff is personable and knowledgeable. You will enjoy lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Solid Brunchluv2eatVIPDined on 8/10/2014Once again had a great experience. The 3 course brunch menu was a fantastic value. All of the other food was very tasty. Server was a little obnoxious but the food runners and back waiters made up for it. Helped make for a happy sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tasty but not a lot of choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Food was really good, we had an appetizer to split and then each had an entree. But there really aren't a lot of options to choose from. If you have a picky eater with you, this is probably not the best place - but we really enjoyed the food and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply charming in every waymklowreyVIPDined on 8/9/2014This is such a charming little place, with amazing food. Love the art on those cool brick walls too! We come here every time we are in New Orleans for a special meal. We are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/9/2014Everything was OUTSTANDING - Great way to celebrate our anniversary. Thank you for everything!
- Tasting the tasting menuMsColonelMustardDined on 8/9/2014We decided to have the tasting menu for our first experience at Coquette. It was a great way to get to know the menu and have a fun fortieth birthday for my boyfriend. He had the wine pairing,which he enjoyed and I had some cava which worked well but kicked it off with a caipirinha cocktail .. Super yum. To sum up ... it was a solid dinner and we would return again! PS the palate cleanser has a secret surprise!;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sales TaxlivetoeatVIPDined on 8/8/2014After reviewing our bill, we noticed that we were charged 12% sales tax as opposed to 9%. When we questioned this we were told by the manager that it was for an arts tax for the city of New Orleans. We dine out quite a bit, and have never heard of this, and we have since questioned others who have never heard of this as well. I plan on doing some more investigating and hope that this is not a scam that is used by the restaurant on their customers.Special Features:
- First review I've ever writtenOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/8/2014The food was good, but the service was unacceptable. I will never go back to this restaurant nor will I ever recommend it. I don't think my house guest nor myself had a waiter (we were sitting at the bar). Run the other way if someone wants to go
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Jacob was amazing. Great food and service. We ordered the chefs blind menu and the selections were best of class.Special Features:
- Outstanding TastingNickMDined on 8/8/2014The tasting (says 5 courses but is actually 8) is the thing to order here; it's extraordinary and worth the $70 price per person. Even the bread is superb, comparable to the best we had recently in rural France. We liked it so much that we went the next night, with another couple, for the tasting again. The chef accommodated us with no overlaps in dishes except our favorite - the fried chicken with watermelon - and the table service was very pleasantly attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodTerriDined on 8/8/2014lunch with client was excellent...we really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two WordsAubriVIPDined on 8/7/2014Simply perfect. Everything was fresh, beautifully presented and amazingly flavorful. One of the best meals I have eaten in quite some time. Come to this restaurant - you will enjoy every bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLADDDDined on 8/6/2014Coquette continues to be a fine lunch place. A little pricey for me, so I only go on an occasion. Never disappointed. Food is excellent, and service is, if anything, better. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy dinnerJoMaDined on 8/4/2014Coquette never disappoints me and in fact always surprises me with fresh ingredients presented in creative and delicious ways. Keep it up and don't miss this placeSpecial Features:
- Another Amazing LunchNolafoodie1225VIPDined on 8/3/2014Chef Michael Stoltzfus continues to amaze us with his delectible inventive lunch selections. The shared fried shrimp appetizer (only three shrimp but enough for two to share for a taste!) was unlike any fried shrimp we've had anywhere in Louisiana. So tender and moist with a wonderful batter. And who would have thought that fried pork meatloaf would be to die for?! My flank steak sandwich (without the bread--no problem) was also excellent. We continue to love Coquette for amazing lazy lunches and with a bottle of wine, of course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedLovelycoupleDined on 8/1/2014I had heard great things, but was disappointed with each of the three dishes we had. Bland fried chicken app--shouldn't the focus of the dish be the best part? Dates and cheese--the cheese wasn't enough to balance the overly sweet dates. Mushroom pasta--overall mediocre. We decided to cut our losses and get dessert elsewhere. Will not return.
- Dinner for 4RoRoDined on 8/1/2014I have been here before for lunch and was very impressed. There were four of us for dinner. Each couple shared a small plate and each diner ordered a large plate. Had we not eaten two orders of bread, we would have left hungry. The food was very good. The service was better than excellent. It was loud but you were able to carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.