2800 Magazine Street
New Orleans, LA 70115Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coquettenola.com/
- Phone: 504-265-0421x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday 11:30am - 2:30 pm & Sunday 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef: Michael Stoltzfus
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering available. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Party Facilities: Upstairs available for a seated dinner party up to 65 people or 80 people for a cocktail party. Full restaurant buyouts available for groups up to 200 people. For more information, please email email@example.com.
- Private Party Contact: Tiffany Haleamau 504-265-0421x
A word from Coquette
Located in the Garden District of New Orleans, Coquette offers innovative southern cuisine with an emphasis on locally sourced product. Featuring an accessible international wine list, classic and creative New Orleans cocktails and a well-traveled beer list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Coquette - Best Restaurants in Garden District ›
Coquette reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (156)neighborhood gem (124)special occasion (98)romantic (79)great for lunch (54)great for brunch (46)notable wine list (41)hot spot (40)vibrant bar scene (37)good for groups (23)great for outdoor dining (17)late-night find (8)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Blown awayMunchkinVIPDined on 10/18/2014The chef is a crazy genius! Buffalo apples??? Fried chicken with satsuma orange segments??? The food here is simply unexpectedly delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood bistroCALSTONDined on 10/17/2014Comfortable, great group snacks like charcuterie platter. Mains are comforting, not light but not overwhelming. There's definitely a buzz probably because of extra high ceilings. They say the upstairs is more subdued. We didn't take a look because of a raucous rehearsal dinner going on up there. Which liked like a ton of fun, great separate venue for events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatBozeDined on 10/16/2014Coquette is our go-to restaurant every time we visit New Orleans. We would not miss it! Friendly service, specially delicious in-season food, a thoughtful and carefully created menu - just the best.Special Features:
- hard2impressDined on 10/15/2014When a person goes out of his way to come back to a particular restaurant, this is the best kudo. I could not conceive of coming to New Orleans without a trip to Coquette. Our Australian friends agreed with us that our experience was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014A memorable meal in New Orleans. Best duck I have ever had. Nice thoughtful wine list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a mustOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/12/2014I have been to amazing restaurants throughout the country, coquettes tasting menu is a must try. The courses progress well and are individually amazing but as a whole create an unbelievable culinary experience. The internal ambience and service were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Food was good - service was grand - air cond. went out, got a little uncomfortable. overall a great time to be had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gem on MagazinenoladinerDined on 10/11/2014It was our first time, and we enjoyed it very much. Everything from the food to the service was excellent. My dad said it was the best soft shell crab he'd ever eaten. Definitely plan on being back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome SpotZenedaDined on 10/11/2014We really enjoyed our first dinner at Coquette and feel lucky to have access to such a great restaurant within a five minute walk from the house. The food was excellent (especially loved the smoked pork gumbo and the charcuterie spread!) and the service was top-notch. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodKandBDined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed the recently added Saturday brunch. Outstanding food and service. You need reservations (which we had at 11:30am when they opened). Number of people turned away without reservations. They have a long bar for drop ins but it filled quickly. Will repeat the next time in New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice foodpainfreeVIPDined on 10/10/2014Ate upstairs passing thru a VERY VIBRANT first floor. I would not have wanted to dine there: way too noisy. Upstairs, with its tower ceings, was not an inviting environment. The wait staff was only moderately attentive. The food, however, was glorious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2014The rice bowl to start - a take on Korean bi bim bop, with a smoked catfish puree replacing the usual ground beef. Spicy peppers added a great kick. My husband's gumbo which was rich and flavorful. I went with the duck breast, served over farro, rich chanterelles & wilted greens. Tender,juicy with crisp skin. Hubby's fried chicken was moist and delicious but cut into chunks off the bone and all white meat - not what he was expecting but good nonetheless. For dessert we shared a perfect vanilla creme brulee and were treated to two amazing chocolate chip beignets. Wait staff was exceedingly welcoming and friendly. When asked about details of a cocktail my waiter didn't know & had to ask the bartender. Wonderful meal, worth the price.Special Features:
- Great experienceJockdoc69Dined on 10/4/2014Excellent food excellent service great part of New Orleans a real gem! My table of three did the seven course tasting but it ended up being almost 10 complements of the chef just a phenomenal meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five Star EveningUptownCoupleDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I had a fantastic first visit to Coquette. She picked the restaurant because it food website listed it as the second best tasting menu in Nola (Restaurant August was first). Coquette did not disappoint. No issues with our reservation and we had a great table by the bar. Staff couldn't have been friendlier. We started with craft cocktails which were excellent, then ordered the tasting menu ($70 per person) with the additional wine pairings ($35 per person). We were given five courses with an additional three 'snack' courses and five wine pairings. The food was fantastic, and the wine pairings matched perfectly. Can't recommend this place highly enough. We'll definitely be back soon.Special Features:
- cjbacpDined on 10/3/2014Service was fantastic. Thank you Nick. Great pork gumbo, stellar softshell crab, and the bass was very good, as well, although the latter could have used more inspired sides.Special Features:
- Coquette UnionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014An outstanding experience. The staff went above and beyond to make this event special and memorable. Great food, good presentation. prompt service and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely but....kkfoodieDined on 9/27/2014Really enjoyed this gem of a restaurant for a romantic special occasion dinner. Service and atmosphere were incredible. The menu is custom curated each week - so check before you go. I found the options our week to be very pork heavy and the seafood options fried (both not my faves) and no substantial vegetable options. Loved what we did end up ordering but def don't come here if anyone in your party is vegetarian or doesn't eat pork without calling first.Special Features:
- Coquette is not CoquettishRbsilverDined on 9/27/2014We had a wonderful dinner here although the service was a bit off. The good is delicious albeit hard to find a dish that I wanted each component. There was no ability to order say an entree and then some kind of side other than what was offered. Tables are assigned two servers and ours did not seem to communicate with each other - for example we ordered a drink which didn't arrive and after 20 or so minutes asked about it, then received two. Additionally, the restaurant is VERY LOUD. We had a wonderful meal and the food was delicious. I recommend it as a NOLA eatery.Special Features:
- Horrible service, but great foodMikeDined on 9/27/2014The food, as always, was great. We enjoyed our meals and drinks. The service, however, was not as good. We arrived to the restaurant after making an online reservation and was greeted, "What can I do for you?" I was taking aback by the manager and host not saying welcome to Coquette. I kindly stated, we have a reservation for 2 and gave the name. They indicated that our table was not ready because the previous guest were taking longer than expected. I understood that statement more after we were finally seated because the service was slow. The server was nice and gave great descriptions of the menu items, but was obviously overwhelmed. She came back to ask if our entrees were okay when we had one bit left.Special Features:
- Great culinary experiencefoodlover27Dined on 9/26/2014My husband and I did the 5 course blind tasting. Every dish was phenomenal - perfectly timed, well-presented, and absolutely delicious. The service is excellent - casual yet classy, attentive but not invasive. The restaurant itself is well-decorated and well-lit. All around a wonderful place, certainly one of my favorites in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef fed us his selectionsfoodtodie4Dined on 9/21/2014Must say everything presented by the Chef was outstanding...from start to finish every course was enjoyed by all 4 of us. So many unique flavors in every dish. Everything fresh and presented in a pleasing manner. The wait staff could not have been better. What more can I say...GREAT!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service; great foodRobDineDined on 9/19/2014Snapper was awesome and our waiter, Taylor Adams, was the best.Special Features:
- A "MUST DO" SPOT!KameekDined on 9/17/2014My Colleagues and I were in town for a conference and this spot was suggested to us. OMG! If you are dining here for the first time, ask for "Tracy C." She is the BEST! Ask her to walk you through the menu. She does it like a tour guide! To the point that your palette is ready to try EVERYTHING. The staff and GM, just AWESOME. The food portions are just enough that you can confidently say, "I've dine sufficiently"... without the feeling of gluttony! PERFECT SPOT! See you all on my next trip to Nawlins! :-) GO FALCONS! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday1neworleansguyDined on 8/31/2014We were going for a special occasion with out-of-town friends that are foodies. The food was great with outstanding. I had met the server on a previous visit and he was again a wonderful host with good suggestions. The ambiance was comfortable and definitely worth the visit. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, great servicejyates25Dined on 8/30/2014This is one of the best restaurant for foodies in New Orleans. Great dishes that change daily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special MealHockey19Dined on 8/30/2014Had the blind tasting with wine pairing. 2 amuse bouche's before 5 spectacular offerings. Wine pairing started with popped champagne and wound it's way through other great selections. Pacing seemed quick but we were there two hours. Service was amazing. Quality of food is always critical but quality of service is also. Coquette's staff is beyond exceptional. Not one question about the food or wine that was not known and answered. We met our server at 7:30 and she hugged us as family as we left. If you are comfortable spending $100 for dinner, this is the way to go.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We had dinner there after a long, exhausting week and just wanted somebody to tell us what to eat. We chose the blind tasting menu with the wine pairing. We were pleasantly surprised by the flavor profiles, attention to texture and complexity of each dish--and happily at ease in their hands by the time the first course arrived (after a couple of snack plates). Excellent dinner--my favorite was the rice bowl with smoked catfish, grilled kale, and peppers. Incredibly elegant flavors. The only weak link was the duck--while as complex and elegant as the rest of the menu, the aggregate seemed a bit barbecue-like. The waitstaff is wonderful, and the manager is personally attentive.Special Features:
- WonderfulgaryVIPDined on 8/29/2014As always Coquette came through with an excellent meal. Thanks!Special Features:
- Happy repeat customerOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/23/2014Always good food prepared in an innovative manner. Fresh, local, products with a great twist!! You won't be disappointed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - pricey and noisyWineloversDined on 8/23/2014The food and cocktail/wine were great. Pricey and very loud bar scene. Best for the young foodies!Special Features:
- The best!!!mickyDined on 8/22/2014We had the extreme plaesure of dining at Coquette upon my son and his girlfriend's recommendation. My husband and I are in our late 50s early 60s and live in the Washington DC Metropoltan area. We've traveled extensively and have always searched for recommended reataurants. Your restaurant if not the best, comes very close to being that, among all the restaurants at which we've ever eaten. The food was superb!!! The service impeccable! We look forward to dining at your establishment again! Compliments to the chef!!! Carmen BostonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five course fandangoSpanisheyesDined on 8/22/2014Delighted to find enough gluten free fare for 2 five course blind tasting dinners. We got 2nd floor window seating as well. Some portions bite-size but collectively satisfying. With the wine pairing we floated home! Menu changes daily but everything fresh and local.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdithEdithDined on 8/20/2014We really enjoyed our dinner, appetizers was great as well as main dishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/17/2014Fun and delicious. Great vegetarian pre fixe dinner for Coolinary New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodRobmacVIPDined on 8/16/2014On Magazine in the Garden District, Coquette is a true gem. We went for anniversary dinner and loved it. Food was outstanding. My wife was worried because the menu is definitely creative and offers some interesting, unusual choices, but she bsolutely loved her skirt steak entree and my duck was probably the best I have ever had (and I order duck regularly). And the peach dessert was truly unique and superb. Upstairs, where we were, is spacious and more quiet. Downstairs with bar has an old- time feel. Service was good, and our waitress gave an excellent explanation of the desserts when we inquired. There is some hipster vibe though going on with the wait staff. Would definitely go back and highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChachaDined on 8/16/2014We did the five course tasting menu with the wine pairing. Each dish was delicious and beautifully prepared. My two favorites were The lightly tempura fried shrimp with fresh horseradish and the chicken, watermelon and mixed green salad. Each bite was like a taste explosion. I cannot wait till I can return to this restaurant and try some of the other fabulous dishes that I saw there. The staff was very friendly and courteous. They made immediate accommodations for gas with physical limitation. This restaurant definitely outshine some of the more famous New Orleans restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JitterbuggyDined on 8/16/2014After eating our way through New Orleans for a weekend, the four of us agreed it was the best meal we had (!and we dined in some very good places! It felt like the chef prepared each meal with careful consideration for individuality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday luncheonFunatheartDined on 8/16/2014First time at Coquette party of 3 all celebrating birthdays in July; very friendly and helpful wait staff; excellent food; fun atmosphere; and surprised with candles in our 3 desserts. I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wish I could give it 10 stars!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014All around wonderful experience! They made our 5th anniversary so special. Food and service was above par!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely Little RestaurantSoozieFoodieDined on 8/15/2014We had a delightful and delicious lunch at this wonderful restaurant. The menu is always inventive, and the chef is adept at pairing familiar ingredients in thoughtful and new ways. Wait staff is personable and knowledgeable. You will enjoy lunch or dinner.Special Features: