2800 Magazine Street
New Orleans, LA 70115Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coquettenola.com/
- Phone: (504) 265-0421
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday 11:30am - 2:30 pm & Sunday 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef: Michael Stoltzfus
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering available. For more information, please email email@example.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Upstairs available for a seated dinner party up to 65 people or 80 people for a cocktail party. Full restaurant buyouts available for groups up to 200 people. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Party Contact: Tiffany Haleamau 504-265-0421x
A word from Coquette
Located in the Garden District of New Orleans, Coquette offers innovative southern cuisine with an emphasis on locally sourced product. Featuring an accessible international wine list, classic and creative New Orleans cocktails and a well-traveled beer list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Coquette - Best Restaurants in Garden District ›
Coquette reviews from OpenTable diners
218 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (177)neighborhood gem (139)special occasion (104)romantic (89)great for brunch (51)great for lunch (48)hot spot (46)vibrant bar scene (38)notable wine list (37)good for groups (30)great for outdoor dining (23)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/21/2014My husband and I both commented that it felt more like a restaurant you might stumble upon in NYC. It's small in size, but big in experience. The menu changes daily-they work with whatever is fresh from market that day. The cocktails were delicious, and dinner was outstanding. Our server was attentive, but not overly so. I would go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of Control FoodGuy06VIPDined on 11/18/2014Coquette is a small intimate restaurant with some serious chefs and bartenders. I ordered a few off the menu cocktails and the bartender made them all perfectly balanced. He also knew a lot about barrel aging cocktails and more of the intricacies of the craft. The food was amazing! I ordered the duck. It was cooked perfectly and the vegetables that accompanied it had fresh flavors and textures that took it to the next level. A very thoughtful, unique menu that was executed in style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place, excellent food and serviceBookieVIPDined on 11/18/2014Friends had raved about Coquette, and they were right. All food was excellent, from the charcuterie plate (I'm glad we were sharing--it's very big), to the red snapper and scallop mains, to the apple fritter dessert and coffee. Our server suggested a wine that went well with everything, and didn't break the bank. She and her assistant took great care of us. The place has the look of a classic bistro, made even better by beautiful woodwork, mirrors, and a pressed tin ceiling. We were very please with everything about our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceVirginiaAmateurFoodSnobsDined on 11/16/2014Our knowledgeable server, well crafted cocktails, good wine list, exceptional menu, and decadent desserts made our dining experience. The restaurant is beautiful and set up very nicely. The main kitchen is on the first floor and the dessert kitchen on the second. Both with scents that fill the space quite nicely. The menu changes day to day, depending on what is in season and what's available. Our menu had many items that seemed too god to pass up. We were both very satisfied with every aspect of our dinner. Great place, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodBozeDined on 11/16/2014The menu leaves a little to be desired. It was hard to find something I wanted to eat. Too many odd balls items. What I did have was good and my husband's dinner was great. They do a good job of sourcing local, in season food and the staff is extremely wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magazine Street specialFoxpauseVIPDined on 11/16/2014Three blocks from Commanders Palace and every bit as good. This relatively small space is very well staffed on the floor as well as in the kitchen. We had a non traditional brunch for New Orleans and truly enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!cwitterVIPDined on 11/16/2014We randomly chose Coquette while planning a destination for our morning walk in New Orleans. What a gem! We showed up as the doors opened for Sunday brunch. I had my fair share of shrimp and grits in NOLA and Coquette nailed it. My husband's poutine was also amazing. Completely worth the 4 mile walk to get there and back. Be sure to make reservations for brunch since people were lining up outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeworleansladyDined on 11/15/2014Overall, a very pleasant experience. The staff were lovely and the restaurant itself was beautiful. Maybe my expectations were just too high.... I thought the ambiance was fantastic. The decor of the restaurant was one of the best I've ever seen, but the food was not as good as I remember. There were some odd flavors... Nothing too specific comes to mind, I just wasn't as "wowed" as I had expected to be. Probably just an off night- a wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious brunchSmb1Dined on 11/15/2014We had a delicious brunch with a lovely group of ladies. The food was good and they kept the coffee flowing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food and service.KakiWebbDined on 11/13/2014The crab appetizer is to die for and the fried chicken with satsuma entree is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud but worth itrebiccaDined on 11/13/2014A group of 8 was seated next to us (upstairs) and were very loud and the staff didn't see it as necessary to say anything to them. Clearly their roars and talking were disturbing more than just me. Servers played tag and never knew who asked me what - very disorganized. But food and drink were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of my list in NOLA!WileyeatsDined on 11/11/2014Make sure you put Coquette on your list of must do restaurants in NOLA...as a matter of fact you might want to book a couple of nights for dinner to try out the menu. I normally do not overstate my reviews but our experience a Coquette deserves the emphasis given...Food and service were exceptional!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best...JwalkDined on 11/7/2014The bread was great. Other than that, the balsamic reduction was burned, the crostini on our appetizer tray was burned and the portion size was a joke. Sorry, but we will not be back.
- Garden District GemMaureenRealtorDined on 11/7/2014We were greeted at the door by the owner. The food was beautifully prepared and presented. A real treat on our trip to New Orleans. The scallops were the best I have had anywhere. We shared all the desserts on the menu and didn't leave anything on the plates.Special Features:
- Charming restaurantNJmomDined on 11/7/2014The service here was by far the best we have had in Nola!! The food was delicious and quite unusual. Make sure you leave room for dessert. The only problem we could write about is the noise level is very high and it made it difficult to talk to each other in the room upstairs. Maybe it's not as loud downstairs. Regardless, this is a must go to restaurant. Incidentally, the menu changes daily which makes it like a new restaurant every time you go!! And from what we were told, the restaurant takes great pride in using local vendors for their food which helps to make everything super fresh!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all around lunchTuddlesDined on 11/7/2014The food was clever. The dining experience was fun and bright. The service was on time, prompt, helpful, and out of the way. Couldn't have been better really. Will be dropping by a lot more!Special Features:
- Enjoyable, but?bamarphDined on 11/6/2014This was the 1st time that any of our foursome had visited Coquette. Our waiter was top notch & knowledgeable The menu was small but offered something for any palette. The guys and the girls each picked the same entre. Duck for the girls & striped bass for the guys. our fish was wonderful & perfectly cooked. the serving was tiny, I would guess 3 oz which for a man is not a reasonable amount. The side greens accented the bass making the plate beautiful as well as piqueing the taste sensation. Our wives said that their duck may have been the most delicious dish they had ever eaten. We chose the pecan pie topped w/a spoon of vanilla ice cream decorated with caramel, the girls split a chocolate crepes dessert.Special Features:
- Seafood wowChezPingy14Dined on 11/6/2014Possibly the best tasting sea bass I've ever had the pleasure to eat off my husband's plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/4/2014Great experience from a before arrival reservation change to catching a cab home as we left. The best of course was the in between. Delicious cocktails at the bar, mouth watering menu, for us, chef's choice menu was decided, great wine pairings. Food seemed prepared for our pleasure not just prepared to impress. Truly great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but too small portionsLundigrasdinerVIPDined on 11/3/2014We love the restaurant but the portions are too small. Very tasty but at the end of dinner, you should not feel hungry. The smaller portions for the small plates are understandable by definition but the large plates should not look like an appetizer or tasting especially given the price. Most of my previous trips have been for lunch. I may have to stick with that. Nice wines and great service.Special Features:
- excellent farm to table foodCheddarVIPDined on 11/2/2014Great food at a pleasant romantic small neighborhood restaurant with good understanding of farm to table to maximize the experience and food qualitySpecial Features:
- AmazingKBL3VIPDined on 11/1/2014Amazing neighborhood gem! Excellent service, food and ambiance all in one.Special Features:
- Do the tastingAnnONimesDined on 11/1/2014Coquette offers a 5 course tasting menu for $70, with optional wine pairings at $35. We hadn't been before, and so this seemed like a good way to see what the style and range of the kitchen were. And it was. Everything was delicious, but standouts for me included the raw flounder and duck breast. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the beaten trackZanArtisteDined on 10/31/2014I was down in New Orleans for a wedding weekend, searching for a dinner venue for Halloween night was a challenge. Coquette matched everything I looked for, a bit off the beaten track, an elegant dining room (we ate upstairs), amiable wait staff who gave detailed information about the dishes offered. The range of foodie type small plates made a great combination with an entree selection for sharing at table. Their use of herbs and garnishes gave a piquant lift to the dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliantly donethepadma28Dined on 10/30/2014No kidding ,but this was by far the best dinner I have had in several years .I love the simplicity of your dishes and the beautiful blend of flavors . Nothing is ever an overproduction and yet everything remains a surprise to the pallet .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so good!lovenolafoodDined on 10/25/2014This was my second time here. Like the first time, the second go round was exquisite from food to service to the whole ambiance! Hands down my favorite place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous chef's tastingObjectionDined on 10/25/2014We did the chef's tasting with the wine pairings. All the pairings were spot-on, and every dish but one was spectacular. Even the one that was my least favorite was great - just overshadowed by the others. Great incorporation of Louisiana ingredients/style but in a thoroughly modern-creative presentation. Even the salad was creative and gorgeous. Thanks for treating us out-of-towners right.Special Features:
- Wonderful food!LGDinerVIPDined on 10/25/2014My sister and I were visiting from out of town and visited Coquette for lunch - the food was so amazing we went back for dinner the next evening! Both meals were outstanding, the flavors and combinations worked together perfectly. Well seasoned, and thoughtful details, down to the amazing bread and butter plate. We were so pleased to find food in NOLA that was so much more than just gumbo and po' boys. Would travel back to the city just for a seat at this bar. :)Special Features:
- Not a fan of brunch at 1PM!davespreDined on 10/25/2014Lovely restaurant and setting, but insisting on serving brunch at 1PM, neither myself nor my date enjoyed anything on the menu. Sorry but although I'm sure dinner here is very fine, I'll avoid lunch in the future.
- Stellar food; a bit understaffedNolaWonVIPDined on 10/23/2014Had a great meal as always. Five of us all had different things. Every dish save one was creative, delicious and made with impeccable ingredients. Only disappointment was their take on deconstructed fried chicken. Both temperature and combination were off. Service was very slow but not due to neglect. Seemed just understaffed as if someone didn't show. But their hard effort and food will bring me right back.Special Features:
- Five course option excellent!RamboDined on 10/23/2014The blind five course +wine pairing option is fabulous. Every course was perfectly prepared and had interesting flavors. And it was actually more than five courses - several extra treats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refreshingly differentK33134Dined on 10/19/2014Have always enjoyed NOLA cuisine and am pleased to have finally "discovered" Coquette. Their approach is refreshingly different. Tasting menu is highly recommended as it gives you a chance to sample all the wonderful things that they do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely GemSienaDined on 10/19/2014Coquette is fantastic spot that serves as both a neighborhood gem and special occasion meal. The food and service were both fantastic. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/19/20142 meals here in 2 days and both were great. The Buffalo Apples are fabulous, as was everything else I tried. Yesterday, it was the crab with butternut squash and pickled garlic and today the duck for my main. Both excellent! And the service complemented the food extreamly well. Everyone was professional, knowledgable and friendly. We'll definately come back!!Special Features:
- Blown awayMunchkinVIPDined on 10/18/2014The chef is a crazy genius! Buffalo apples??? Fried chicken with satsuma orange segments??? The food here is simply unexpectedly delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood bistroCALSTONDined on 10/17/2014Comfortable, great group snacks like charcuterie platter. Mains are comforting, not light but not overwhelming. There's definitely a buzz probably because of extra high ceilings. They say the upstairs is more subdued. We didn't take a look because of a raucous rehearsal dinner going on up there. Which liked like a ton of fun, great separate venue for events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatBozeDined on 10/16/2014Coquette is our go-to restaurant every time we visit New Orleans. We would not miss it! Friendly service, specially delicious in-season food, a thoughtful and carefully created menu - just the best.Special Features:
- hard2impressDined on 10/15/2014When a person goes out of his way to come back to a particular restaurant, this is the best kudo. I could not conceive of coming to New Orleans without a trip to Coquette. Our Australian friends agreed with us that our experience was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the UptownJkerrdogVIPDined on 10/13/2014Referred by a fellow foodie. This was an extremely enjoyable meal from start to finish. Fortunately our party was flexible with no other plans that evening. We were in good spirits as we were quickly accommodated in spite of arriving with two more folks than our reservation indicated. The wine selection was admirable and did not disappoint. What came from the kitchen was equally impressive as all 8 of us enjoyed our food. I heard no complaints the only constructive criticism would be to narrow the tome length between seating and ordering wine and food. As it was, we as a group 'closed' the place without even noticing.Special Features:
- Truly ExcellentMichboyDined on 10/12/2014A memorable meal in New Orleans. Best duck I have ever had. Nice thoughtful wine list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.