316 N Milwaukee St
Milwaukee, WI 53202Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.coquettecafe.com/
- Phone: 4142912655x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday:11:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Hatleli & Nick Burki
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are available for all of your catering needs. Give us a call at 414-291-2655 to discuss your upcoming event. You may also email us at Coquette_Cafe@sbcglobal.net
- Special Events: Our Garden Room is perfect for Special Events up to 50 People. We are also able to rent out larger areas of the Dining Room for events. Please call us at 414-291-2655 or email us at Coquette_Cafe@sbcglobal.net
A word from Coquette Cafe
Nestled in the Landmark Building in The Historic Third Ward, Coquette Cafe serves up authentic bistro fare in warm, casual surroundings. Coquette is the kind of place where guests can pop in any time of day for everything from French Onion Soup and Flatbread Pizza to Crisp Provincal Roast Chicken. Whether it's cozying up to the bar for a glass of provincial French wine or exclusively brewed French ale, or having dinner or a small banquet in one of its three bustling dining areas, Chefs and Co- Owners Nick Burki and Chris Hatleli and their wonderful staff are eager to accommodate one's every need. Although brand new in February of 1999, Coquette's informal decor blends well with its vintage surroundings. The dark wood, mirrored back bar and glowing gold walls invite you in to experience top quality and unassuming fare that you might find in the home kitchens of French grandmothers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Coquette Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (77)neighborhood gem (72)fit for foodies (71)romantic (69)great for lunch (39)great for brunch (29)notable wine list (25)good for groups (25)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (8)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Great food.JuliarhDined on 9/12/2014This was my second time at Coquette and it was still a pleasure to eat there. I had the veal meatloaf which was great, and my son had the red snapper which was excellent. We were meeting old friends who did not know the place, and it was the perfect place to bring them to familiarize them with Milwaukee and with Wisconsin. Great food, grat beer and wine, great service!Special Features:
- Outstanding Food and ServiceHUNGRYFORMOREDined on 9/12/2014We went Friday night and enjoyed an amazing soup, great salads and incredible entrees. It was cozy and easy to have a conversation. Our server was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceFredVIPDined on 9/10/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner the other evening. My wife finally tried something other than her favorite hangar steak, and kept raving about the roasted chicken! The evening's special duck breast was perfectly prepared and presented. Our niece loved her French onion soup and the pizza she selected. Thanks for making her birthday celebration special with the decorated dessert plate and candles. She had been looking forward to this dinner all year since it is her mom's favorite place. David is always the perfect server, very knowledgeable of the menu, personable, and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!RSVMDined on 9/6/2014Got everything except dessert. Cocktails, starter, wine, main course and after dinner drinks were wonderful. It was busy, but my wife and I were surprised it was not busier. One main dish had a slightly overpowering sauce, but still great flavor.Special Features:
- Coquette9231chapmabDined on 9/6/2014I have been to coquette Café many times. Their French onion soup is extremely delicious and their entrées were very good. I had a Coq au vin which was incredible. although you have to be warned that the dishes can be quite rich. Their wine list is extensive and the beers they have are also very good. The dessert was a the icing on the cake and we could not have ended the night any better. I recommend coquette Café to all of my friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RichDined on 8/26/2014In general the food was not cooked properly. Sauces were good.
- special datespecialDined on 8/24/2014I received a gift certificate for your place and knew it was an elite restaurant, so I wanted to use it in a special way. I had a pleasant and quiet meal with my daughter. The environment made our Sunday very special.Special Features:
- Adorable French restaurantfoodloverDined on 8/23/2014This is an excellent french restaurant with authentic quality items on the menu. There are several options ranging in price that make it possible to have cheaper meal if necessary. The food tasted great and the service was wonderful. I had a wonderful time and would love to come back.Special Features:
- Paris finds MilwaukeeAmazingDined on 8/22/2014Best place in Milwaukee for Paresian food. Martinis are always perfect and now they are expanding their specials to experience other cultural foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality and creativeMAERVIPDined on 8/22/2014Can rave about this restaurant enough. In the epicenter of Milwaukee activity, the Third Ward, the food was more creative than any I've seen in some time and more importantly, didn't just look good, it tasted good. I was there as part of a art tour group for luncheon, and loved it so much I returned with some group member for dinner. I'm telling all my foodie traveler friends about it.Special Features:
- Great French food.GourmetmomVIPDined on 8/20/2014Have yet to be disappointed at this lovely French cafe. The food is always outstanding and the service wonderful. Just wished I lived closer so I could dine there more often!Special Features:
- Special Meal at a Special ResturantUrbanGardenerDined on 8/19/2014Our party, celebrating a birthday, was served by an exceptionally attentive waitress. She interacted with us, but also maintained a great level of service throughout the meal. The birthday boy ordered salmon, even though he's not a big fan of salmon. He said it was the best salmon he's ever had. I ordered the cheese and caramelized onion ravioli. Although the flavors were really good, it wasn't as attractively presented as the other entrees at the table. The other entrees included a chicken sandwich and two other salmon entrees. Everyone enjoyed the food, the Sidecars and the rose wine selection. It's nice that this restaurant has affordable sandwich and entree salad options and a prix fixe menu option, in addition to the entree selections.Special Features:
- Nice Cafelove3rdwardDined on 8/18/2014I wasn't sure what to expect, but the meal was pricey. I had the con a vic and the chicken was tender and moist and the meal as a whole was good. For the price I would have thought it would have been a better presentation or more flavorful. I was there during the week and it was quiet and low key which was nice. The menu over all was ok, but perhaps I was expect more edgy French diners. The server was pleasant and very attentive to our needs.Special Features:
- Excellent mealEaterDined on 8/15/2014Coquette Cafe offers excellent food at reasonable prices, and has a very nice wine list. Both of our meals were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice EveningI43pairDined on 8/14/2014A first visit for my wife and me, and it was a great experience; wonderful ambience, very attentive service, excellent food, relaxing/casual/non-rushed atmosphere, good background music. We can't wait to go back, even though it's a 45 minute trip into the city, to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great luncheonAlbertoDined on 8/11/2014The food excellent, the service attentive, the restaurant atmosphere appropriate for conversation. Coquette is a winnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful charming experienceEnjoydiningDined on 8/8/2014We had lunch here and were treated very well. Our waitress was very attentive. Our meal was wonderful and dessert was delish!9Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, as usual!Andi7314Dined on 8/5/2014I love going for their French onion soup and following up with the crembrule or dessert. In my experience, Coquette's version of these two items is the best in town! The service was great; our waitress was a gem and was on top of any of our dining needs. She made wonderful menu recommendations as well. We will be dining in again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hitting on all cylinders!jcgsbgVIPDined on 8/1/2014My wife & I have been Coquette regulars for years, going back to probably 5 years before the sale. So, obviously, we like the food & atmosphere. But I must note, over the last few months, the restaurant is knocking it out of the park every visit. This is the best I've know CC to be in all the years we've been going there. Each & every dish is expertly prepared, perfectly spiced, and gorgeously plated. The specials, particularly the seafood entrees, have just been magnificent. I heard somewhere that you have a new sous-chef, so that's probably part of the story, but it seems to us that from the owners down to the dishwashers, everyone at CC is at the absolute top of his/her game. Bravo!Special Features:
- Outstanding as alwaysDDthextonDined on 7/31/2014Coquette is a favorite place to take serious food lovers. In addition great classic French dishes, they also have seasonal specials that are wonderful. It's impossible to have anything other than delicious at Coquette!Special Features:
- ExceptionalMKYOUDined on 7/18/2014The food, ambience and service (Richard was our waiter) were all outstanding. The wine list had a number of good American and French options for a reasonable price. We’re new to Milwaukee and we’ve found our French Bistro!Special Features:
- Personal favorite.ChoosyNotSnobbyDined on 7/10/2014Coquette always satisfies. The food is consistently lovely, the menu reflects a chef who values fresh, local ingredients and strikes a balance between tradition and modernity. With the kind of seamless professional service that keeps your needs met without being intrusive or hurried, it has become my favorite spot for everything from business lunches to group celebrations and romantic meals for two. Don't hesitate to enjoy a meal at Coquette, you will NOT be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful SurpriseAndylitDined on 7/7/2014I am not often impressed by European theme restaurants. The Coquette Cafe was a welcome surprise. The ambiance is understated yet elegant. Service is exceptional. Of course, none of this matters if the food does not meet the standard. Our meals were exceptional. The onion soup is, surprise, honest traditional onion soup. The correct cheese and plenty of it. The main course were excellent. Salmon was perfection, and the pork loin was exceptional. The dessert were also worth the effort. I am pedestrian and limited my self to the chocolate mousse. It was very good. She had a daily special tart cherry pastry creme brulee thingee that had her oohing and ahhing. WE SHALL RETURN!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014We had the three-course Summerfest special. The food was good, but very heavy. We would never order as much as we were served
- average restaurant, good service,jpjjcmDined on 7/5/2014The service was great, but the food was average. The chicken my wife ordered was bland and dry. Her garlic potatoes were also bland. Her sorbet dessert was not good. The baby back ribs I ordered were excellent. The potatoes I had were not cooked long enough. We had high expectations of the Coquette French Café and they were not met.Special Features:
- Excellent Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014We celebrated a friends' birthday at Cafe Croquette on a Sunday morning. The food, service and overall experience were excellent! I highly recommend it for a special occasion and/or just a special dining time out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful as alwaysluvgoodfoodVIPDined on 6/21/2014Love the skate; the best French onion soup in town. Also the best key lime pie ever!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!CathyDined on 6/21/2014This was a fabulous find on our second trip to Milwaukee. Our waiter was excellent and comparable to any at a top restaurant in Chicago or New York. Food was fabulous! It definitely had the vibe of a restaurant in the heart of France.Special Features:
- Great for Father's DayMkeMamaDined on 6/15/2014We were welcomed from our first steps inside and made to feel very comfortable with our two small kids. It was a wonderful brunch with great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findPhatManDined on 6/15/2014Everything was great. All the hostesses, our server were phenomenal. I felt bad with my emotions that day as my job as owner of a small business gets to me sometimes, but the overall patience of our server was something to be grateful for. What a choice and I strongly urge anyone with a few extra bucks to have a great day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Meal - Great EveningEdandLauraDined on 6/13/2014We celebrated a most relaxed and gracious meal last Friday evening. Each course was well presented, our server knew the menu and made excellent recommendations, and the food was delicious and prepared just as ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but priceyPhilphans22Dined on 6/12/2014We ate at Coquette Café as part of downtown dining week. The food was good but nothing special. Maybe it was because of the special menu and everything was prepared in advance. The salad was average at best. The three main courses were alright. (there were 4 of us and we tried all three of them). Despite other open tables we were put right by the bussing station so we had workers passing right by our table to get water and silverware the entire meal. The staff also seemed rushed. We thought about going back to get to pick from the full menu but the experience just wasn't good enough to warrant that.Special Features:
- Downtown dining gemMilwjoyceDined on 6/12/2014We had a wonderful dining experience during downtown dining week. We had great service and wonderful food. The restaurant is better suited to small groups. A large group gathered at the bar was blocking access between the dining rooms. Ambiance was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall with a few tweaksdinedwntwnDined on 6/11/2014Went here for Downtown Dining. Overall the food was amazing but the salad was not the way to start the meal. Romaine chopped up and dressed. I also would have expected a nicer table for making a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown Dining GemLynnetteDined on 6/11/2014Met a former boss for a relaxing dinner taking advantage of Downtown Dining week to try a different item on Coquette's menu. All was delicious served at the proper pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Downtown DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014Between my sister and I, we sampled all six items on your Downtown Dining lunch menu. The quantity, flavor and presentation was perfect!Special Features:
- French CuisineSteakDined on 6/10/2014Coquette Café has a warm and helpful staff, fast service, , and a beautiful atmosphere. The food is always excellent.Special Features:
- A Lovely Evening OutfoodLoverDined on 6/10/2014We chose for the Dining Downtown menu. The food was quite good but not really up to true foodie standards. We did buy an excellent bottle of wine and the service was helpful, attentive, and not overbearing. All together a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown dinng1lovetoeatDined on 6/10/2014A friend and I went here during downtown dining week. It was a good opportunity to try this restaurant out. The watermelon gazpacho was excellent. Our entrees, pizza and the ham and cheese sandwich were also good. We liked our desserts too and would come back again.Special Features:
- Not up to past gloryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/9/2014It has been better. I like their gazpacho a lot. That and their mousse is what brings me back over and over during Downtown Dining Week. However, this year, it wasn't as good as it has been in the past. The sandwiches especially were not as big and appealing. They almost seemed tired and old.Special Features: