4351-119 The Circle at North Hills
Raleigh, NC 27609Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coquetteraleigh.com/
- Phone: 9197890606x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch Sunday 10:00am to 3:00pm
Mid Day Monday-Sunday 3:00pm to 5:00pm
Lunch Monday-Friday 11:00am to 3:00pm
Saturday 11:00am to 3:00pm
Dinner Monday-Thursday 5:00pm to 10:00pm
Friday-Saturday 5:00pm to 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm to 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Beth Littlejohn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We handle off premise functions of all types. Please inquire at our website, or call directly and we will get you in touch with our private party coord.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private room accommodates fifty persons seated for lunch/dinner or can comfortably host a cocktail party for seventy-five. We are happy to customize an event to your specific needs and wants making your party the most memorable affair.
- Private Party Contact: Whitney Gilliom 919-789-0606x
- Cross Street: Six Forks
- Public Transit: The local bus system has a stop less than 100 yards away from our door.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We offer a large parking lot directly in front of the restaurant along with valet services on Fri & Sat evenings provided by the North Hills staff. There is also a large underground parking deck which has several elevators and escalators bringing our guests up to the street level just steps away from our entrances.
A word from Coquette Brasserie
Urban Food Group presents a classic brasserie serving casual French food in a stunningly beautiful environment. The area's only pewter bar is surrounded by temperature controlled wine cases, marble top tables and dark wood. Service is crisp, professional and friendly. Dress is city casual.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Coquette Brasserie - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
Coquette Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (105)great for brunch (89)special occasion (86)great for lunch (79)neighborhood gem (71)romantic (70)good for groups (51)notable wine list (40)hot spot (26)great for outdoor dining (17)kid-friendly (17)vibrant bar scene (16)scenic view (9)late-night find (8)Show More
- Okay, but nothing specialRaleighDinerDined on 9/27/2014Food was for the most part tasty (but not at all exceptional), service was timely, appreciated the relative quiet. Had to prompt waiter for specials. Scallops were gritty.
- Love Croquette. Great food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014I always enjoy the food at Croquette. I would have given 5 stars for food but I did not enjoy my dessert. I had the crepe smores and I expected something rich and gooey and warm and it was cold and very chewy. Not for me. The duck was amazing and so was the beef carpaccio. Highly recommend. My husband and I go often and we always enjoy ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On my Repeat ListOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/26/2014I really like this place. Have been at 6-8 times. Very consistent. Really good food. Fun vibe. Good service. I usually get the Alsacian Tart and Moules. Love them both. This past time I got the steak frites with bernaise sauce. It was perfect. The creme brulee was a little thin but still yummy. The couple next to us say they visit a couple times a month and always get the french onion soup. I lived in Paris for 6 months and have been back almost a dozen times. Coquette's isn't the same as a bistro in Paris, but it is a good American substitute.
- Overpriced and disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014We went for my birthday dinner, I had the special, which was good and the amount of food was a nice portion. My husband ordered the scallops and was very disappointed. There were 4 quarter sized scallops, cut into 4 pieces each, 3 fingerling potatoes- cut into pieces and 1 small piece of squash, all for the grand price of $26!!!! We commented to our waiter and we the manager. She said that was the normal serving - 4 scallops for dinner and that lunch was only 2 scallops! This was his second disappointing experience at this restaurant and he will not return. There was a note made on the reservation that we were celebrating my birthday - not even a "happy day" or "hope you had a nice birthday" comment.
- ItalianDined on 9/24/2014The fries were excellent but I thought food was to rich and salad had way to much dressing.Special Features:
- pegdineDined on 9/21/2014Always reliable - wonderful food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014I took my wife here for her Birthday dinner. I made it a point to note on the reservation that we were celebrating her Birthday, as most nicer restaurants will make an effort to do something a little special for such events. I ordered the Coq Au Vin, which was pretty good. Not stellar, but it was good. My wife ordered the Beef Bourguignon, which was not very good. These were both ordered at the recommendation of our waiter. For dessert I ordered the Butterscotch Creme Brulee, which was good, but there was hardly a teaspoon of dessert in the dish. Wife had Gateau De Crepe, not very good at all. And lastly, not even a Happy Birthday from the waiter for my wife! Not a good experience and we will not return.
- a little bit of ParisGladlyLeftNYDined on 9/20/2014All the doors were wide open on this lovely night so, although we dines indoors, we felt like it was outside. The food and service was exceptional. Glad we chose Coquettes for a special night with friends.Special Features:
- Love the opennessFidelisamor13Dined on 9/20/2014This was my first time here and I love the openness of the restaurant! My lunch was good, the trout was cooked to perfection and pared well the cider vinaigrette, definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceRaleighNativeDined on 9/16/2014I went there for my wife's birthday and neither of us had been there before. The weather was ideal so the window walls were open and it felt just like we were completely outside. The only thing better was the food. My only complaint was the ribeye I ordered had more fat on it than I would have liked but the flavor was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic French Bistro foodHummingbirdDined on 9/15/2014We have dined here several times over the years. Both for lunch and dinner. Today was lunch and it was the first time we sat at the counter at the Zinc Bar. Beautiful. Quiche Lorraine is a classic with mixed green salad and vinegarette dressing. Crust was buttery, crispy, huge almost dinner sized portion, custardy egg cooked perfectly with a little crispy crust and plenty of meaty filling. Delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time at CoquetteJudyBDined on 9/14/2014Went to Coquette Brasserie for Sunday brunch. It was the first time we'd been there and we'll be back. Glad we had reservations! The food was excellent and beautifully presented. Our server was courteous, friendly and attentive. The ambiance was very nice. The only complaint we have is the noise level. Even with baffles on the high ceiling there were times when the noise was almost unbearable and we had to shout to carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JessDined on 9/13/2014Food and service were 5 stars, would definitely dine again! And they have bleu cheese olives, an essential for a good martini. Definitely earns them special recognition in my book. The decor was great, and the staff was exceptional. Made for a wonderful special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2014The food was over priced for the quality. The only thing I would order in the future are the mussels and frittes. The ribeye ordered raw was chewy, the fish special's sauce was subpar. On the other hand, the kid's burger was excellent and the hanger streak was very good. Hit or miss.
- PleasantJohnDined on 9/11/2014We were welcomed at the door with a smile and even given our choice of seating. We''ve been many times and knew we were in for a wonderful meal. However our server brought the evening down when we asked for the "ends" of the bread.Every other time this has never been a problem. This server said, " I'll see where the loaf is ". So we received one little end. My wife's main dish was soup we asked for a bit more bread, She said, "maybe a few slices",She never returned. Another server brought soup, very nice, friendly guy… even started a conversation with us.. he asked if he could get anything else, yes bread please! He immediately came back with the bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always great food and serviceDurhamfoodieVIPDined on 9/8/2014This is a great go-to spot for business lunches and gatherings with friends.Special Features:
- stewtkDined on 9/7/2014The service was very good and accommodating as we had several small children in our group. The offered 1/2 orders for the children from the main menu if there was not anything on the child's menu they wanted. The food was excellent. I would defiantly go there again. We went for brunch, but my next trip will be for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014I was very disappointed in several aspects of our Sunday brunch: 1) eggs any style in the menu was 2 eggs but they wouldn't make an omelet even though I wanted a 2 egg omelet. I had to order. 3 egg omelet with only cheese but they charged me the full price of a specialized omelet. 2) what French reataurant that serves dessert creeps does not have whipped cream? Extremely limited menu and very disappointing
- MeganandandrewDined on 9/3/2014Our wonderful server walked us trough the menu and gave us a great overall experience. Very patient as I had never been here before. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGourmandDeCuisineDined on 8/31/2014_Coquette Brasserie_ is an excellent French restaurant in the North Hills mall. One of the few places around that still serves escargots, the soupe à l'oignon is very good, and the bœuf bourguignon is nothing short of outstanding. Other dishes are equally rave-worthy; everything I've had there has compared favourably with dishes I've had in Paris, Nice, and Cannes. Not being a drinker, I can't speak to the quality of their cellar. It's perhaps a little pricey, but you're paying for quality and authenticity. Parking is reasonably good; I'm told you can ignore the 'two-hour visitor' paint on the spaces in the nearest lot. The facilities are clean and well-appointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coquette could be in any chic citytheretiredchefDined on 8/31/2014In every city across the globe we all are delighted to discover outposts of our favorite comfort cuisine; whether it be fish and chips, the juiciest burger or the latest gastro-moleculer transformation of an oxtail into a martini olive, the craving is the same - in my case it is the French Bistro and everything it brings to the table like the expert and inspired handling of the essential classic dishes. of course the hollandaise is real and well seasoned all steak is tender every crisp leaf of green is dressed to enhance All of this presented by a well trained waitstaff that clearly knows the menu and the dining room Coquette delivers on every anticipated aspect with a first rate level of execution..and so I'll be back again in a fortnight.Special Features:
- ExcellentJohn84gnDined on 8/31/2014Food was excellent. As a side note, there's no longer bottomless mimosas for $10. It's been replaced with $2 mimosas, which wasn't a problem because my wife and I had 4 a piece. Turned out cheaper in the end. Also, the 2 person tables are very low. We would request a 4 person table to be more comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coquette is decentMomPopDinerLoverDined on 8/23/2014Met a friend for a late lunch. Reservation at 2. Tomato bisque was good. presentation nice. Good selection in wine and not just the standards. Service was incredibly slow and given there were so few customers and a LARGE serving staff this was surprising. It appeared that the serving staff was not working well as a team. The manager had to clear our table and we waited for over 20 mins to get the dessert menu. Not the best in french (perhaps due to it being a chain) but good enough for local diners.
- Great timeluvdiningoutDined on 8/21/2014Servers were attentive, pleasant and well-trained. Food was excellent. Plenty of gluten-free options and server was knowledgeable about gluten issues. Atmosphere was on the energetic side, but not at all overly noisy.Special Features:
- dateniteDined on 8/21/2014I have had the salad Nicoise on multiple occasions, I was disappointed in the quality of the Tuna during this visit. The service, however, was awesome.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014Outstanding and consistently fabulous! Great service- loved such different choices on menu!I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014Brunch was excellent at coquette's. The food was delicious. Service was amazing as always. Would continue to eat here and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!quiltingdivaDined on 8/17/2014I had brunch with my husband and we had a great time. The decaf coffee is very good and the french toast is out of this world. The service is spot on, the waiters and waitresses are polite, friendly and go the extra mile. Just a great place for Sunday Brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Always Wonderful....nclkb123VIPDined on 8/15/2014As Always Wonderful…. The hostess was very accommodating. Our service was well-timed and friendly. The white wine braised clams were to die for. My salmon and my sweetie’s filet were cooked perfectly. The butterscotch crème brulee on a scale of 1 – 10… I give it a 10+ ;-)Special Features:
- lovely restaurantPeepsPicksDined on 8/14/2014First rate dining experience. Parking across the street. Great service. Interesting, well executed menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SharetteSharetteDined on 8/13/2014I sell townhome 8/1/14 -- two friends with lunch me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coquette , good is what you get.Raleighguy1Dined on 8/10/2014Very nice for Sunday brunch, but busy. Make a reservation don't try walk in you wont be happy. Service usually keeps pace but can get a little bogged down due to how busy it gets. Steak frittes is particularly good; and if you eat eggs, the quiche and any poached dishes are excellent. The breads are nicely done of course. Bottomless mimosa 10.00 Bloody Mary very tasty scratch made, but a little expensive @ 8.00/ea. décor pleasant, dining area and facilities very clean and well appointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One word...kgjgVIPDined on 8/9/2014Outstanding! And I can keep going on about every little details of freshness and taste too! Clams in broth with grilled best our favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatKatGold13Dined on 8/8/2014Always a great visit with fantastic service. I had the charcuterie plate while my husband had the mussels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently excellentheyJudeDined on 8/7/2014I dined last week for my birthday (Coquette is my choice EVERY year for my birthday). I had moules frites (shared) and coq au vin. Food was great, service was personable and attentive. I also lunched there recently, and the Coquette burger (with brie and an egg on top) was fabulous! Service in the bar area at lunchtime was prompt. Coquette has a decent wine list, draft beer selection, and specialty cocktails. My friends enjoy the weekend brunch, but you have to come after noon on Sunday for the bottomless mimosas (NC liquor laws).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cela me rappelle...MorningstarDined on 8/7/2014Un charmant restaurant en France. Je souhaite que le siège était supérieur à de sorte que vous pouvez profiter d'une véritable expérience Parisien.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceKECNDined on 8/6/2014Enjoyed the total experience of our meal. Reserved a table for 8 and had a wonderful time. No pressure to be in and out as we enjoyed a leisurely dining experience. Food was great as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coquette BrasserieFredDined on 8/3/2014Food was just "good", but nothing special and I was a little disappointed. I would give the food a grade of B-. Ambiance is excellent as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coquette BrasserietheparkersVIPDined on 8/3/2014Fantastic experience as always! Love this place! Everyone is very friendly and always makes sure that the dining experience for both brunch and dinner is a wonderful dining experience. We will continue to dine here at Coquette for as long as it is here to provide this wonderful service!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Our family has always loved this restaurant! such a lovely ambience, good service and the food above all, is delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.