4351-119 The Circle at North Hills
Raleigh, NC 27609Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coquetteraleigh.com/
- Phone: (919) 789-0606
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch Sunday 10:00am to 3:00pm
Mid Day Monday-Sunday 3:00pm to 5:00pm
Lunch Monday-Friday 11:00am to 3:00pm
Saturday 11:00am to 3:00pm
Dinner Monday-Thursday 5:00pm to 10:00pm
Friday-Saturday 5:00pm to 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm to 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Beth Littlejohn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We handle off premise functions of all types. Please inquire at our website, or call directly and we will get you in touch with our private party coord.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private room accommodates fifty persons seated for lunch/dinner or can comfortably host a cocktail party for seventy-five. We are happy to customize an event to your specific needs and wants making your party the most memorable affair.
- Private Party Contact: Whitney Gilliom 919-789-0606x
- Cross Street: Six Forks
- Public Transit: The local bus system has a stop less than 100 yards away from our door.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We offer a large parking lot directly in front of the restaurant along with valet services on Fri & Sat evenings provided by the North Hills staff. There is also a large underground parking deck which has several elevators and escalators bringing our guests up to the street level just steps away from our entrances.
A word from Coquette Brasserie
Urban Food Group presents a classic brasserie serving casual French food in a stunningly beautiful environment. The area's only pewter bar is surrounded by temperature controlled wine cases, marble top tables and dark wood. Service is crisp, professional and friendly. Dress is city casual.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Coquette Brasserie - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
Coquette Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (103)special occasion (85)great for brunch (74)romantic (68)neighborhood gem (66)great for lunch (63)good for groups (49)notable wine list (39)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (17)great for outdoor dining (14)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (5)Show More
- jvickDined on 11/20/2014Consistently good food and service! Always good for a weeknight dinner or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic group dinner on a Sunday eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Our water glasses were never empty, the wine and food recommendations by the server were fantastic. We were the last group in the restaurant on a Sunday evening, but never felt rushed. Every bit of food I tasted was excellent and we had appetizers, main course, sides, and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing brunch!!5starVIPDined on 11/16/2014I adore this place! I've had brunch here 3 times and everytime the food is amazing and fresh. I live across the street, and this is my neighborhood go to every Sunday. The staff is efficient and helpful with the menu, and the food is presented well, with good portions and excellent flavors. Eat here trust me you won't go wrong. Try the French toast and the quiche, my two faves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014We met up with our friend at this great restaurant and arrived before opening to make sure we got a table before the Sunday brunch crowd rolled in. We got our table and the staff was very helpful and friendly with our daughter (the high chair was even clean!) -- the coffee was constantly refilled and the food was delicious!Special Features:
- What more to say?NickNameDined on 11/8/2014Definitely worth the experience. Love their background musical selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, but could be so much betterJVELADined on 11/5/2014Food was OK..I had the coq au vin, the chicken felt a bit overcooked...but overall, the seasoning was OK...I've tasted this same dish in other places done way better. Selection, not much to go through...it's a one page menu...french cuisine is so diverse, that I was surprised not so see more options. Overall, an OK choice, but for the money there are better places.Special Features:
- Always a treatTogetherDined on 11/1/2014The food is worth the visit. The olives/almonds as an appetizer will put anyone one in a nibbling mood and get you ready for a truly French salad and, of course, followed by coq-au-vin. My only wish would be that the chef brings back clafoutis as it was "the" signature dessert. The menu has a good variety of dishes to suit the tastes of the vegans, vegetarians, and the non-vegetarians alike. Make a reservation - it's so easy with Open TabSpecial Features:
- Birthday CelebrationVivianDined on 11/1/2014We have been here several times, and actually have done the bar and a quick bite lots of times, so we really like this place. However it was the first time to sit in the extra room , the lighting was that we all had trouble reading the menu. Our waitress was okay, either new or nervous, because she couldn't get our wine bottle opened, then dropped the menus, and was not attentive by that I mean we sat without a second round of drinks for a long time. When taking our order and leaving it was like rush rush rush. It was not the typical service that we get there, but most of the time we eat in the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best coq au vin everDiner2Dined on 10/31/2014Best coq au vin. Chicken was perfectly cooked. Steak tartare was not good however. Found it lacking flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxingJJParisDined on 10/31/2014Coquette is a unique restaurant in the North Hills. It has an atmosphere that is relaxing and comfortable. The food is excellent and the staff is extremely customer oriented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No ordinary food hereRaleighFoodieVIPDined on 10/29/2014This is a great place in so many ways. There are so many pubs in Raleigh, so many places that see themselves as foodie friendly, but so few places where you get food that is really out of the ordinary. Had lunch this week with a friend and every aspect of the meal was special. Will be back over and over again!Special Features:
- Great meal and atmosphere!KriscdwcarolinasDined on 10/27/2014we hosted a large meal with our clients and the food and service was top notch! THank you for taking such good care of us!Special Features:
- Just okayWayneDined on 10/27/2014Expected better...average for an American French restaurant...
- Enjoyable ExperienceWolfpack74VIPDined on 10/26/2014Delicious food, excellent ambience, always enjoyable. Just one constructive criticism - the quiche special announced to us was actually not going to be available until later in the morning which was a shame as my Wife had decided to order the quiche special that turned out to be unavailable while we were there. We love this restaurant and will return.Special Features:
- Just OKHarrieDined on 10/24/2014Went because they said they had gluten free options. My husband is not gluten free his meal was very good. My two scallops as one of the only options there were was fine, but for that I would not go back. Too few choices.
- ReservationMissyDined on 10/12/2014I made a reservation for 12:30 and we were not seated until 1:00. I felt a reservation was useless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coquette LunchMikeDVIPDined on 10/11/2014Great atmosphere, great service, great food, great prices.Special Features:
- SPOTLESS SERVICEmacguffin56Dined on 10/10/2014A well-earned shout-out to La Coquette Brasserie where we celebrated our wedding dinner with my sisters and our friends last night. The restaurant provided spotless service, despite the fact that the collateral damage inflicted by our party included a scorched menu, spilling a full glass of champagne on the Bride's leather skirt, and dropping and breaking another wine glass. Even with all of this going on and unbeknownst to us, the chef used her own initiative to repair a smudged spot on the cake we had brought in for the occasion (damaged in transit), even mixing pink icing to match exactly. They brought it out for all to admire before plating and serving it. Outstanding! We'll be back every year for our anniversary.Special Features:
- CoquettemitchikoDined on 10/5/2014The restaurant is in a great neighborhood and easy to get to. The service is quick and the wait staff is attentive. I was disappointed with the small menu. I hate poached eggs and I was able to have eggs of my choice, so accomodating to the client's individual tastes are done. The eggs and meat lacked something. The scones were wonderful.Special Features:
- We had a great evening with friendsSuzyDined on 10/4/2014The food was delicious and the service good. We will return to try more dishes. We would definitely recommend the restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Those in our party had the salmon, tartare, onion soup, ribeye and hanger steak - no complaints and lots of mmm's! We will be back.Special Features:
- Great for BrunchPamsDined on 9/28/2014Had a great brunch with a friend. The food was great. I had Eggs Florentine & she had Apple/Bacon/Jam crepe. The place was very busy. I was glad I made a reservation. The volume was high, so it wasn't great for a long visit. But the staff was friendly & attentive. And the visit put us in a great mood for the rest of the day. We plan to return.Special Features:
- Okay, but nothing specialRaleighDinerDined on 9/27/2014Food was for the most part tasty (but not at all exceptional), service was timely, appreciated the relative quiet. Had to prompt waiter for specials. Scallops were gritty.
- Love Croquette. Great food!!chef2chefDined on 9/26/2014I always enjoy the food at Croquette. I would have given 5 stars for food but I did not enjoy my dessert. I had the crepe smores and I expected something rich and gooey and warm and it was cold and very chewy. Not for me. The duck was amazing and so was the beef carpaccio. Highly recommend. My husband and I go often and we always enjoy ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On my Repeat ListRaleighGirlFoodieVIPDined on 9/26/2014I really like this place. Have been at 6-8 times. Very consistent. Really good food. Fun vibe. Good service. I usually get the Alsacian Tart and Moules. Love them both. This past time I got the steak frites with bernaise sauce. It was perfect. The creme brulee was a little thin but still yummy. The couple next to us say they visit a couple times a month and always get the french onion soup. I lived in Paris for 6 months and have been back almost a dozen times. Coquette's isn't the same as a bistro in Paris, but it is a good American substitute.
- Overpriced and disappointingDisapointedDined on 9/24/2014We went for my birthday dinner, I had the special, which was good and the amount of food was a nice portion. My husband ordered the scallops and was very disappointed. There were 4 quarter sized scallops, cut into 4 pieces each, 3 fingerling potatoes- cut into pieces and 1 small piece of squash, all for the grand price of $26!!!! We commented to our waiter and we the manager. She said that was the normal serving - 4 scallops for dinner and that lunch was only 2 scallops! This was his second disappointing experience at this restaurant and he will not return. There was a note made on the reservation that we were celebrating my birthday - not even a "happy day" or "hope you had a nice birthday" comment.
- ItalianDined on 9/24/2014The fries were excellent but I thought food was to rich and salad had way to much dressing.Special Features:
- pegdineDined on 9/21/2014Always reliable - wonderful food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food - okay/ Ambience - greatnfspDined on 9/21/2014The food is a bit overrated. However, the ambience and energy of the restaurant is excellent!Special Features:
- great foodMrDoydieDined on 9/21/2014We go here for brunch a lot. The mimosas are to die for. No one is every disappointed with the food!Special Features:
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014I took my wife here for her Birthday dinner. I made it a point to note on the reservation that we were celebrating her Birthday, as most nicer restaurants will make an effort to do something a little special for such events. I ordered the Coq Au Vin, which was pretty good. Not stellar, but it was good. My wife ordered the Beef Bourguignon, which was not very good. These were both ordered at the recommendation of our waiter. For dessert I ordered the Butterscotch Creme Brulee, which was good, but there was hardly a teaspoon of dessert in the dish. Wife had Gateau De Crepe, not very good at all. And lastly, not even a Happy Birthday from the waiter for my wife! Not a good experience and we will not return.
- a little bit of ParisGladlyLeftNYDined on 9/20/2014All the doors were wide open on this lovely night so, although we dines indoors, we felt like it was outside. The food and service was exceptional. Glad we chose Coquettes for a special night with friends.Special Features:
- Love the opennessFidelisamor13Dined on 9/20/2014This was my first time here and I love the openness of the restaurant! My lunch was good, the trout was cooked to perfection and pared well the cider vinaigrette, definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with out of town friendsNotochainsDined on 9/19/2014I have eaten at the Coquette Brasserie both for lunch and dinner. We had out of town friends visiting for a weekend and wanted to take them to a place with good food and atmosphere and somewhere that is not a chain. They were very impressed with the dinner choices and the four of us enjoyed our dinner very much. The service was good but not obtrusive.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceRaleighNativeDined on 9/16/2014I went there for my wife's birthday and neither of us had been there before. The weather was ideal so the window walls were open and it felt just like we were completely outside. The only thing better was the food. My only complaint was the ribeye I ordered had more fat on it than I would have liked but the flavor was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic French Bistro foodHummingbirdVIPDined on 9/15/2014We have dined here several times over the years. Both for lunch and dinner. Today was lunch and it was the first time we sat at the counter at the Zinc Bar. Beautiful. Quiche Lorraine is a classic with mixed green salad and vinegarette dressing. Crust was buttery, crispy, huge almost dinner sized portion, custardy egg cooked perfectly with a little crispy crust and plenty of meaty filling. Delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time at CoquetteJudyBDined on 9/14/2014Went to Coquette Brasserie for Sunday brunch. It was the first time we'd been there and we'll be back. Glad we had reservations! The food was excellent and beautifully presented. Our server was courteous, friendly and attentive. The ambiance was very nice. The only complaint we have is the noise level. Even with baffles on the high ceiling there were times when the noise was almost unbearable and we had to shout to carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JessDined on 9/13/2014Food and service were 5 stars, would definitely dine again! And they have bleu cheese olives, an essential for a good martini. Definitely earns them special recognition in my book. The decor was great, and the staff was exceptional. Made for a wonderful special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2014The food was over priced for the quality. The only thing I would order in the future are the mussels and frittes. The ribeye ordered raw was chewy, the fish special's sauce was subpar. On the other hand, the kid's burger was excellent and the hanger streak was very good. Hit or miss.
- PleasantJohnDined on 9/11/2014We were welcomed at the door with a smile and even given our choice of seating. We''ve been many times and knew we were in for a wonderful meal. However our server brought the evening down when we asked for the "ends" of the bread.Every other time this has never been a problem. This server said, " I'll see where the loaf is ". So we received one little end. My wife's main dish was soup we asked for a bit more bread, She said, "maybe a few slices",She never returned. Another server brought soup, very nice, friendly guy… even started a conversation with us.. he asked if he could get anything else, yes bread please! He immediately came back with the bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.