417 NW 10th Ave
Portland, OR 97209Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coppiaportland.com/
- Phone: (503) 295-9536
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian
- Executive Chef: Aren Steinbrecher
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have a back room that seats up to 30 guests, and it can be closed off by a curtain. The entire restaurant is available for buy-out. Inquire regarding minimums.
- Private Party Contact: Timothy Nishimoto 5032959536
- Entertainment: One of the owners is a member of Pink Martini, and we have live music on occasion.
- Special Events: We have done private events, parties and wine tastings in many different formats for groups of up to 75 people. Please call or email Timothy@CoppiaPortland.com with any questions on the space.
A word from Coppia/Vino Paradiso
Specializing in pairing food and wine, Coppia focuses on the cuisine and wines of Piedmont, Italy, in a warm, inviting, yet hip atmosphere. A full dinner menu and wines from other regions, as well as a full bar are available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Coppia/Vino Paradiso - Best Restaurants in Pearl District ›
Coppia/Vino Paradiso reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (23)notable wine list (17)neighborhood gem (16)romantic (13)special occasion (12)good for groups (6)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Lovely eveningMomofDanaDined on 11/8/2014We enjoyed Coppia and will definitely visit again. It's a 4-block walk from where we live, so it's not only good food but convenient as well.Special Features:
- worth the tripGo4goodfoodVIPDined on 11/8/2014food is always good and very interesting. Reliable. Wines are excellent. Well worth a visit.Special Features:
- . thoroughly enjoyed the experienceLuvourchefDined on 10/25/2014The food was seasoned perfectly and the temperature was ideal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wines were the best partDinetteDined on 10/24/2014If you don't want to converse with your dining companions, this is fine. The place is attractive, but... Four of us had best table in house, but could barely hear each other; we got very tired of shouting. We foodies were not impressed with any of the courses, however the wines we ordered, and those suggested by attentive waitpersons, were very good choices for pairings.Special Features:
- JimOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Food and service were perfect. We'd a play to make so our server was attentive to getting our orders and prompt service made it all happen. It will be on our list to try again. The only small item was, being early to dine and a party of four, our waiter seemed to have a choice of several open tables to seat us at, but we'd been seated immediately next to another party of four which made it feel cramped. It all turned out fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Quiet GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014This little gem was hidden in Portland for the out-of-towner. My wife and I enjoyed the great vino, dinner, and service. I would recommend as a definite Italian try for anyone visiting Portland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Food and WineJerryDined on 10/17/2014Both my wife and I enjoyed excellent meals. Risotto and Agnolotti paired with server's wine recommendations resulted in a dinner to remember - and soon to be repeated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best if not the best pdxAble43Dined on 10/16/2014Been there four times and every visit was satisfying with great original dishes and cordial service. Menu is not long but every thing on it is super. As to the food, probably the best Italian cuisine in town.Special Features:
- Great food and winevictorbDined on 10/10/2014A small wine bar that has converted into an excellent northern Italian restaurant with fine but reasonably-priced wines (bottle price 2x retail). It's easy to sample by sharing small or regular-sized plates, and the wine flights (3 related wines) give additional scope for exploring. Our party of four enjoyed ourselves, and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceRonaldo24Dined on 10/4/2014My date and I enjoyed the atmosphere and wine flights we tried. The staff was very accommodating as we ended up being the last guests in the restaurant, and went over a bit on close time. Will come back. R~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has a very nice mealSparkieVIPDined on 10/3/2014Good food. Good service. Perfectly acceptable. The chestnut soup was ridiculously good.
- pre theater delightHarmonyDined on 10/3/2014We needed to be in and out in time for our play. Our server kept track of this--cheerfully. The bagna appetizer was good as were the salads; the entree I wanted most was not available (sformato?) but I substituted the short rib which was tender and delicious. The only thing I didn't like was the Viognier white wine--on the sweet side, good start, no middle, nice finish. Otherwise, perfect. Also, the menu offers wine pairings by the glass for courses, very nice, so you can taste more wines. :) And they serve the wines in small carafes so you know that you are actually getting the amount you paid for--very European and much preferred.Special Features:
- Fun Eveningpph1Dined on 8/20/2014We live nearby and wanted a quieter venue in which to meet with 2 other couples so we could actually speak and hear one another during dinner. Coppia worked beautifully! Good wines and beers, delicious salads, various main dishes were very good, the duck in particular.Special Features:
- Excellent small restaurantMMandDiDined on 8/16/2014Food and atmosphere are of the highest quality. Went there twice in one week. Once for my daughter's birthday, and they went out of there way to serve us when our daughter was called out for a work emergency. We wern't hurried, the food was excellent and the interior is contemporary done very well. We'll go back often.Special Features:
- So DeliciousFantasticVIPDined on 7/29/2014My husband and I can't understand why this place isn't packed on a nightly basis. The food is consistently awesome, the service is wonderful, and the ambiance is perfect. This is one of the best places to have a reasonably priced amazing dinner in Portland-- highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 159 reviews are from the Coppia/Vino Paradiso reviews archive.
- True to positive reviewsOutoftownersDined on 7/16/2014My wife and I split several courses and the chef plated our servings with flare. Definetly go with the wine pairings. Every dish was enhance by the paired wines. Service was excellant. The noise level was slightly louder than I would have expected but there were several large groups in the restaurant. Foodwise, The romaine salad was delicious with a lite vinaigrette dressing was delicate and blended the flavors of the other ingredients in the dish beautifully. The pasta with sage butter was earthy and not overly dressed with the butter. The beef short ribs had a polenta base and diced vegetable medly but no brussel sprouts which was a disappointment but not seriously. All in all, a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/3/2014Coppia is truly a neighborhood gem, whether you want a glass of wine and some small plates or a full dinner. We had the fish special which was halibut and it was outstanding. It was served with a delicious sauce, favs beans and some gnocchi. The service was excellent as well. We enjoyed some great wine and a delicious dinner. It is well worth a visit!nSpecial Features:
- Amazing food, excellent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Anniversary dinner. Italian cuisine, with fresh NW ingredients. Salmon belly carpaccio, gnocchi with duck and mushrooms, wild boar pappardelle, short rib with horseradish, vegetable sformato. The food had everything I look for: simple but bold flavors, plenty of acid, not overly garnished. Service was attentive without being pretentious or annoying. The only slightly negative thing would be the layout. Its a little bit odd. But they've done their best with what they had to keep things intimate. Overall, we loved it. I booked a table next month for a business dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the winegourmandrewVIPDined on 6/26/2014Limited menu because they don't have a real kitchen, it's more of a kitchenette, but the flavors are good and the wines are well planned.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/24/2014My husband and I went here for our Anniversary, the good was really outstanding. We each had three courses and both loved all 6 (we like to share!). The wine pairings were spot on and the service was great! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great romantic placeAwesummDined on 6/20/2014Great food, Great service, Wonderful People, Great atmosphere, Staff was very considerate and understanding in our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Wine in Heart do PearlChuckVIPDined on 6/6/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants in Portland and one of the best in the Pearl. Limited menu but all of the highest quality. Service is superb.Special Features:
- Delicious Food and Great ServicebellastellaVIPDined on 6/6/2014Another wonderful experience at Coppia. Excellent Northern Italian food and a nice wine selection that's fairly priced. We had the spring bean and kale soup, Copper River salmon special, the gnocchi with mushrooms and duck confit and amazing panna cotta with strawberries and olive oil. So good and excellent service from Will.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavorful foodMGBrannanDined on 6/4/2014All 4 of us ordered different food items and we all enjoyed our choices. The food was flavorful, including the salad and soup of the day; the pasta was homeMade. The service was good. The waitress was helpful in describing the foods. The decor was pleasant, however the fan was loud and the music was too loud when we entered the restaurant, they accommodated us and lowered the loudness level.Special Features:
- Excellent food and wine!Tmcpdx24Dined on 5/30/2014We had an excellent meal here the other night. All of our dishes were perfectly executed. Service was attentive without being overbearing. It's great that they offer "small / large " portions on many of their entrees. Great wine pairing suggestions on the menu with each dish as well. Look forward to returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine food, wine and serviceparpianoDined on 5/30/2014We had a most enjoyable time at Coppia. They have several interesting Italian wines on their "by the glass" wine list. We tried Timorasso and Erbaluce and enjoyed them both. For a first course, we had their risotto with peas and parmesan. It was made with Carnaroli rice rather than Arborio, and produced a creamy, chewy texture that was just right. If it weren't rude, I would have licked the serving dish, it was so good! The daily fish special came with house-made gnocchi and wild mushrooms and was outstanding. Excellent service made for a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Gem in the PearlKatanaDined on 5/28/2014This was my second time dining here and both visits have been fantastic. The pasta is fresh and dressed impeccably. I've always gone with the recommended pairings and have never been disappointed. The Panna Cotta is a necessary purchase.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoldastudioDined on 5/24/2014Coppia is first rate! The food is consistently excellent, service very good and even though the wine list is not extensive it offers some great choices. This is a delightful neighborhood spot for dinner. Oh, and the music they play is always great….a rare find.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceWineLoverVIPDined on 5/15/2014Really were blown away by the pasta, but the dinner was also really delicious. Great wine pairings, super service - can't say enough other than we will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousHappycampersVIPDined on 5/10/2014Dinner was outstanding. The chestnut soup and Wild Boar Pappardelle were outstanding. I enjoyed the wine pairing and the martini before dinner was excellent too. I have to say that the pasta was perfect; delicate and fresh. Thank you for an outstanding dinner. We will return; probably this weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceJm121Dined on 5/9/2014Food was good but for the price I have come to expect more from a Portland location. With so many great spots for foodies either your dishes have to be outstanding or the ambiance has to be well worth the price. Service was ok at best and the decor including the chairs were reminiscent of an upscale waiting room than restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice Northern Italian FoodjimbotpdxDined on 5/7/2014Very modern feel to the place fitting to the Pearl. Not your typical Italian motif. Pasta seems handmade and delicate. We focused on meat dishes. Pasta w/boar ragu, ravioli w/ox tail, and short ribs all very good. There is an appetizer bagna caôda-- warm dipping sauce / anchovy / garlic / cream / butter served with fresh vegetables & bread that is really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden findgalsout2chatDined on 5/6/2014There are many good Italian dinning spots in Portland I wondered if this one could stand up to the competition. It definitely does. The menu provided good variety of Italian wines and deliciously presented courses. My friend and I both agreed we would return with more friends. The service was attentive but not disruptive to our conversation.Special Features:
- Will definitely returnPdx888VIPDined on 5/3/2014Loved the chestnut soup, butter lettuce salad, risotto and wine. Happy with the vegetarian options. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect meal.KathleenBDined on 5/3/2014The welcome and service at Coppia area always outstanding. The meal on this evening moved from the usual excellent to absolutely perfect. We started with an extremely fresh tasting salad with delicious reduced apple cider vinegar dressing. Followed with papardelle pasta with a delicious sauce containing wild boar and topped with parmesan. I had the cod special, with a delicate sauce and peas. My companion had the duck breast. Our wine was excellent. Great service, great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 7th wedding anniversaryEricDined on 4/19/2014We really enjoyed our experience at Coppia/Vino our appetizer of the mushrooms with the wine pairing brouout out so many great flavors. Our meal seemed to be a bit slow, but it was just a miscommunication from us with our server about our cheese plate and our main courses. It was not their fault staff was very attentive to ensuring our water and wine glasses were full. Overall wonderful experience and would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBarbVIPDined on 4/12/2014This was our first time to Coppia and we were not disappointed. Everything, including the service, appetizer, main courses and quiet, corner table were all perfect. We will definitely return! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I met some friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014My wife and I met some friends for dinner last Thursday night and had a terrific time at Coppia. We have often lamented the lack of great Italian restaurants in Portland but were cautiously optimistic about Coppia based on the reviews. Coppia did not disappoint. The service was excellent and the food could not have been better (braised oxtail pasta was incredible). In fact, we had just returned from an 18 day trip to Italy with our family for Spring Break and we were a little leery of eating Italian again but we were very impressed. The wine recommendations were also outstanding!Special Features:
- A taste of Italy In the PearlLegend68Dined on 3/29/2014From the welcoming staff to the very tasty dishes of food it was a wonderful place to celebrate a 66th birthday. The bib lettuce salad that temped us all was very good, then the main dishes which had us trying the short ribs, pappardelle, rockfish, and risotto. Each of us thought ours the best! My wife says the lemoncello martini was outstanding and I would recommend the grappa for the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2014Located in the Pearl this place is small and cozy. Just what my wife and I wanted on our anniversary. Great spot to meet a few friends, enjoy good food and a great glass of wine, beer or cocktail. The food choices were tasty and made to order. We enjoyed this spot and will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.