417 NW 10th Ave
Portland, OR 97209Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coppiaportland.com/
- Phone: 5032959536
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian
- Executive Chef: Aren Steinbrecher
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have a back room that seats up to 30 guests, and it can be closed off by a curtain. The entire restaurant is available for buy-out. Inquire regarding minimums.
- Private Party Contact: Timothy Nishimoto 5032959536
- Entertainment: One of the owners is a member of Pink Martini, and we have live music on occasion.
- Special Events: We have done private events, parties and wine tastings in many different formats for groups of up to 75 people. Please call or email Timothy@CoppiaPortland.com with any questions on the space.
A word from Coppia/Vino Paradiso
Specializing in pairing food and wine, Coppia focuses on the cuisine and wines of Piedmont, Italy, in a warm, inviting, yet hip atmosphere. A full dinner menu and wines from other regions, as well as a full bar are available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Coppia/Vino Paradiso - Best Restaurants in Pearl District ›
Coppia/Vino Paradiso reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (24)neighborhood gem (21)notable wine list (17)special occasion (12)romantic (10)good for groups (4)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Fun Eveningpph1Dined on 8/20/2014We live nearby and wanted a quieter venue in which to meet with 2 other couples so we could actually speak and hear one another during dinner. Coppia worked beautifully! Good wines and beers, delicious salads, various main dishes were very good, the duck in particular.Special Features:
- Excellent small restaurantMMandDiDined on 8/16/2014Food and atmosphere are of the highest quality. Went there twice in one week. Once for my daughter's birthday, and they went out of there way to serve us when our daughter was called out for a work emergency. We wern't hurried, the food was excellent and the interior is contemporary done very well. We'll go back often.Special Features:
- So DeliciousFantasticVIPDined on 7/29/2014My husband and I can't understand why this place isn't packed on a nightly basis. The food is consistently awesome, the service is wonderful, and the ambiance is perfect. This is one of the best places to have a reasonably priced amazing dinner in Portland-- highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True to positive reviewsOutoftownersDined on 7/16/2014My wife and I split several courses and the chef plated our servings with flare. Definetly go with the wine pairings. Every dish was enhance by the paired wines. Service was excellant. The noise level was slightly louder than I would have expected but there were several large groups in the restaurant. Foodwise, The romaine salad was delicious with a lite vinaigrette dressing was delicate and blended the flavors of the other ingredients in the dish beautifully. The pasta with sage butter was earthy and not overly dressed with the butter. The beef short ribs had a polenta base and diced vegetable medly but no brussel sprouts which was a disappointment but not seriously. All in all, a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/3/2014Coppia is truly a neighborhood gem, whether you want a glass of wine and some small plates or a full dinner. We had the fish special which was halibut and it was outstanding. It was served with a delicious sauce, favs beans and some gnocchi. The service was excellent as well. We enjoyed some great wine and a delicious dinner. It is well worth a visit!nSpecial Features:
- Amazing food, excellent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Anniversary dinner. Italian cuisine, with fresh NW ingredients. Salmon belly carpaccio, gnocchi with duck and mushrooms, wild boar pappardelle, short rib with horseradish, vegetable sformato. The food had everything I look for: simple but bold flavors, plenty of acid, not overly garnished. Service was attentive without being pretentious or annoying. The only slightly negative thing would be the layout. Its a little bit odd. But they've done their best with what they had to keep things intimate. Overall, we loved it. I booked a table next month for a business dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the winegourmandrewVIPDined on 6/26/2014Limited menu because they don't have a real kitchen, it's more of a kitchenette, but the flavors are good and the wines are well planned.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/24/2014My husband and I went here for our Anniversary, the good was really outstanding. We each had three courses and both loved all 6 (we like to share!). The wine pairings were spot on and the service was great! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great romantic placeAwesummDined on 6/20/2014Great food, Great service, Wonderful People, Great atmosphere, Staff was very considerate and understanding in our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Wine in Heart do PearlChuckVIPDined on 6/6/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants in Portland and one of the best in the Pearl. Limited menu but all of the highest quality. Service is superb.Special Features:
- Delicious Food and Great ServicebellastellaVIPDined on 6/6/2014Another wonderful experience at Coppia. Excellent Northern Italian food and a nice wine selection that's fairly priced. We had the spring bean and kale soup, Copper River salmon special, the gnocchi with mushrooms and duck confit and amazing panna cotta with strawberries and olive oil. So good and excellent service from Will.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavorful foodMGBrannanDined on 6/4/2014All 4 of us ordered different food items and we all enjoyed our choices. The food was flavorful, including the salad and soup of the day; the pasta was homeMade. The service was good. The waitress was helpful in describing the foods. The decor was pleasant, however the fan was loud and the music was too loud when we entered the restaurant, they accommodated us and lowered the loudness level.Special Features:
- Excellent food and wine!Tmcpdx24Dined on 5/30/2014We had an excellent meal here the other night. All of our dishes were perfectly executed. Service was attentive without being overbearing. It's great that they offer "small / large " portions on many of their entrees. Great wine pairing suggestions on the menu with each dish as well. Look forward to returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine food, wine and serviceparpianoDined on 5/30/2014We had a most enjoyable time at Coppia. They have several interesting Italian wines on their "by the glass" wine list. We tried Timorasso and Erbaluce and enjoyed them both. For a first course, we had their risotto with peas and parmesan. It was made with Carnaroli rice rather than Arborio, and produced a creamy, chewy texture that was just right. If it weren't rude, I would have licked the serving dish, it was so good! The daily fish special came with house-made gnocchi and wild mushrooms and was outstanding. Excellent service made for a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Gem in the PearlKatanaDined on 5/28/2014This was my second time dining here and both visits have been fantastic. The pasta is fresh and dressed impeccably. I've always gone with the recommended pairings and have never been disappointed. The Panna Cotta is a necessary purchase.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoldastudioDined on 5/24/2014Coppia is first rate! The food is consistently excellent, service very good and even though the wine list is not extensive it offers some great choices. This is a delightful neighborhood spot for dinner. Oh, and the music they play is always great….a rare find.Special Features:
- The following 146 reviews are from the Coppia/Vino Paradiso reviews archive.
- Wonderful experienceWineLoverVIPDined on 5/15/2014Really were blown away by the pasta, but the dinner was also really delicious. Great wine pairings, super service - can't say enough other than we will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/10/2014Dinner was outstanding. The chestnut soup and Wild Boar Pappardelle were outstanding. I enjoyed the wine pairing and the martini before dinner was excellent too. I have to say that the pasta was perfect; delicate and fresh. Thank you for an outstanding dinner. We will return; probably this weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceJm121Dined on 5/9/2014Food was good but for the price I have come to expect more from a Portland location. With so many great spots for foodies either your dishes have to be outstanding or the ambiance has to be well worth the price. Service was ok at best and the decor including the chairs were reminiscent of an upscale waiting room than restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice Northern Italian FoodjimbotpdxDined on 5/7/2014Very modern feel to the place fitting to the Pearl. Not your typical Italian motif. Pasta seems handmade and delicate. We focused on meat dishes. Pasta w/boar ragu, ravioli w/ox tail, and short ribs all very good. There is an appetizer bagna caôda-- warm dipping sauce / anchovy / garlic / cream / butter served with fresh vegetables & bread that is really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden findgalsout2chatDined on 5/6/2014There are many good Italian dinning spots in Portland I wondered if this one could stand up to the competition. It definitely does. The menu provided good variety of Italian wines and deliciously presented courses. My friend and I both agreed we would return with more friends. The service was attentive but not disruptive to our conversation.Special Features:
- Will definitely returnPdx888Dined on 5/3/2014Loved the chestnut soup, butter lettuce salad, risotto and wine. Happy with the vegetarian options. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect meal.KathleenBDined on 5/3/2014The welcome and service at Coppia area always outstanding. The meal on this evening moved from the usual excellent to absolutely perfect. We started with an extremely fresh tasting salad with delicious reduced apple cider vinegar dressing. Followed with papardelle pasta with a delicious sauce containing wild boar and topped with parmesan. I had the cod special, with a delicate sauce and peas. My companion had the duck breast. Our wine was excellent. Great service, great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 7th wedding anniversaryEricDined on 4/19/2014We really enjoyed our experience at Coppia/Vino our appetizer of the mushrooms with the wine pairing brouout out so many great flavors. Our meal seemed to be a bit slow, but it was just a miscommunication from us with our server about our cheese plate and our main courses. It was not their fault staff was very attentive to ensuring our water and wine glasses were full. Overall wonderful experience and would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBarbDined on 4/12/2014This was our first time to Coppia and we were not disappointed. Everything, including the service, appetizer, main courses and quiet, corner table were all perfect. We will definitely return! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I met some friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014My wife and I met some friends for dinner last Thursday night and had a terrific time at Coppia. We have often lamented the lack of great Italian restaurants in Portland but were cautiously optimistic about Coppia based on the reviews. Coppia did not disappoint. The service was excellent and the food could not have been better (braised oxtail pasta was incredible). In fact, we had just returned from an 18 day trip to Italy with our family for Spring Break and we were a little leery of eating Italian again but we were very impressed. The wine recommendations were also outstanding!Special Features:
- A taste of Italy In the PearlLegend68Dined on 3/29/2014From the welcoming staff to the very tasty dishes of food it was a wonderful place to celebrate a 66th birthday. The bib lettuce salad that temped us all was very good, then the main dishes which had us trying the short ribs, pappardelle, rockfish, and risotto. Each of us thought ours the best! My wife says the lemoncello martini was outstanding and I would recommend the grappa for the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2014Located in the Pearl this place is small and cozy. Just what my wife and I wanted on our anniversary. Great spot to meet a few friends, enjoy good food and a great glass of wine, beer or cocktail. The food choices were tasty and made to order. We enjoyed this spot and will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/20147 of us dined during March Dining Month. All of us had the $29, 3 courses, and several of us also had the additional wine pairing with each course for an additional $17. All enjoyed the selection and choices. First course was a choice between a lovely creamy chestnut soup and butter lettuce salad. Second course, gnocchi with duck ragu or Vegetarian Risotto. Third course, choice between semifreddo or cheese selection. Only complaint was gnocchi was a bit soft, but the duck ragu was divine and generous. Service was outstanding, with friendly and attentive staff. Have already recommended to others, and of course, will return! Yummers-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Owner was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014We showed up with an extra during Portland dining month, and fortunately were able to sit at the bar. We are still talking about the chestnut soup - awesome! The salad was very tasty too. 2/3 liked the risotto, but I thought it was pretty bland. The gnocci was enjpyed by all. We had both desserts (one being the cheese plate) and liked both. The two best parts were: 1. the wine tasting menu with the dinner was awesome with each selection better than the previous, and 2. chatting up one of the owners while dining at the bar - he's truly a pleasure to talk with and loves his food and his customers. We would definitely go back, and we live on the far west side...Special Features:
- Outstanding mealOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/20/2014Our server was friendly, helpful, drinks were great and they had a modest, but interesting wine list. Had the veal with mushroom ragu special - unbelievably good, quite possibly the best veal dish I've ever tasted. We were dining with another couple and who had other entrees and they raved as well. Will definitely come back again; if it's good the second time as was the first, I'll be a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice!PattitagDined on 3/14/2014Great dinner and wine pairing. Nice environment for visiting in our group. Excellent service!Special Features:
- Great food but high priced wineChemGeekDined on 3/14/2014I had a very nicely grilled rockfish over perfectly cooked gnocchi. My wife raved about the pork tenderloin over creamy polenta. The portions small but appropriate for this type of establishment. However the prices were a bit high for portions in what was essentially a one-person cook staff working in kitchenette behind the bar. Service was ok but the waiter did not seem especially eager to explain any of the dishes or expand on the wine descriptions. Furthermore even at half-full, he could barely be heard over the background noise. The wine prices were too high by the glass. $13 for smallish pour of a generic Piedmont blend suggests a huge mark-up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place in the PearlKlf58Dined on 3/12/2014Have been eating here since it was a wine bar. The current chef is one of the if not the best they have had. I would highly recommend the fish dish, it's awesome.Special Features:
- Delicious!bellastellaVIPDined on 3/7/2014We tried Coppia during Portland Dining Month and the food was outstanding. We love the Piedmont region in Italy and haven't been able to find their culinary specialties in Portland up until now. We can't wait to return to Coppia.Special Features:
- The name fitsEAllenDDined on 3/1/2014"Couple" is truth in advertising, or in this case the name as translated. We came for the tasting menu, and the wine pairings were well-matched. Likes: the chestnut soup, a perfectly-dressed salad, and the gnocchi with duck Not so much: the risotto was mushy, almost indiscernible from the cauliflower Desserts: tasty finishes to a very good dinner, not my favorites but professionally prepared and executed all the same The service was informed and attentive. Classy, stylish space. And the fact that they deliver meals from such a small-footprint kitchen was impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Successor to Alba OsteriaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/22/2014When Alba Osteria closed in 2011, Portland lost a great restaurant specializing in food from the Piedmont region of Italy. A few days ago, we found out about Coppia and decided to try it. We were most pleased with the ambiance, the service, and most of all, the food! The Bagna Caoda appetizer was excellent (a delicious fondue), as was the beef short rib. The pairings offered excellent wines to complement the food. We highly recommend this establishment. If you like Piedmontese food, go to Coppia. Make sure Portland continues to have a restaurant which offers fine food from this region.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth visiting more than onceHagarDined on 2/19/2014Some great items on the menu, and they are all delicious. So unless you can eat a lot, you need to go back. We are visiting in Vancouver for the week, and this will be our third visit today. Most notable: the boar pappardelle, the short ribs, and anything else you want to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, great wines-KelkinDined on 2/14/2014Amazing food, great wines- including quite a few for under 40. You can see in the kitchen- which I love. The food and wine parings were wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went on Valentine's dayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014Great food and wine! Would definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.