Copperleaf Restaurant at Cedarbrook Lodge
18525 36th Ave. South
Seattle, WA 98188Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
Copperleaf Restaurant at Cedarbrook Lodge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cedarbrooklodge.com/
- Phone: (206) 214-4282
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30 am - 2:00 pm; Dinner Daily: 5:30 - 9:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Mark Bodinet
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Brightwood is a private dining room especially suited for parties of 10 - 18 people. Its private terrace and waterfall make Brightwood an ideal location for intimate social gatherings. Chef Mark Bodinet will happily prepare a customized menu made with "best of the season" products. You may choose from the seasonal a la carte menu, hand-crafted cocktail menu and our regional wine list. It features a wide variety of organic and bio-dynamic Northwest wines. The Copperleaf team looks forward to welcoming you soon.
- Private Party Contact: Roy Breiman 2062144155
- Special Events: Save Bristol Bay July 9 - 15, 2012 Copperleaf Restaurant will be offering a special four-course tasting menu - featuring fresh wild sockeye salmon straight from the pristine waters of Bristol Bay, Alaska. Bristol Bay, one of the world's greatest and most sustainable fisheries is currently threatened by a proposed open-pit gold and copper mine that foreign companies want to develop in the headwaters of Bristol Bay's most productive salmon rivers. Come savor the beautifully distinct red flesh and exception flavor of the sockeye salmon, one of the healthiest (and delicious) sources of protein and Omega-3s. Help share in the responsibility of making certain one of the last great fisheries is protected for generations to come. View Copperleaf's entire tasting menu here. Priced at only $65 per person (exclusive of tax and gratuity,) optional regional and local wine pairings are also available for $30. Make it a scrumptious evening. Support a superb cause.
A word from Copperleaf Restaurant at Cedarbrook Lodge
Copperleaf Restaurant & Bar is a Northwest gathering spot serving seasonally-inspired farm-to-table cuisine. The entire team is committed to sustainable practices bringing the season's best to your table. Chef Mark Bodinet hand selects products from small local farms, fishermen, ranchers and artisans as well as products from his on-site chef's garden for many of his evening offerings. Arrive early and experience a seasonal cocktail or glass of Washington State Syrah in Copperleaf Bar where the lounge menu is available daily. Come see why Copperleaf Restaurant is a truly "Quintessentially Northwest" experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Copperleaf Restaurant at Cedarbrook Lodge - Best Restaurants in Seatac ›
Copperleaf Restaurant at Cedarbrook Lodge reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (77)fit for foodies (74)neighborhood gem (43)romantic (43)notable wine list (29)great for outdoor dining (25)great for lunch (25)good for groups (23)scenic view (21)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- The food is amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/22/2014My husband and I have made it a tradition to celebrate our anniversary at Copperleaf. We use to go to Daniel's Broiler. But Copperleaf is always a special experience since they change their menu regularly. It's on the pricey side but if it's a special occasion, why not splurge. You will definitely have food you have never experience. This time we had duck liver. Amazing. Don't order dessert, they always have something for you to try. The second year we stayed at the Cedarbrook Lodge. It was an experience also. They have FREE ice cream, candies, yogurt, water, fruit if you have a craving at night. Then this year they added the spa. We had an amazing experience with a back to back service. It was like having a facial for the back. Their continental breakfast is NOT the normal continental breakfast you have at any of the best western or other motel. The nice part about Cedarbrook/Cooperleaf is it's a hidden gem. Convenient and away from the busy city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a hidden gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014What a wondeful experience this was. Waited on hand and foot for our anniversary and it was amazing. The food was fantastic and the service was even better. Maybe an annual event now? I think so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch spot near the airport.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/18/2014We arranged a business lunch halfway between Tacoma and Seattle and this was a perfect spot. Lovely ambiance, great food and quiet. I had the spinach and bacon salad which was very good. It came with an excellent poached egg and Bernaise sauce. Highly recommended, It was also not crowded. Parking is free if you eat in the restaurant. The Parking signs are a little unclear as it looks as if they are only for lodgers. You turn left just before the Cedarbrook lodge and just park anywhere where lodgers can park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Dining delightBRC2272VIPDined on 11/15/2014We have dined at Copperleaf several times in the past and it has always been superb! Our experience on this last visit was just a tad off, not sure exactly why. We had to wait for the valet to park the car, but given it was a very cold night, completely understandable. We were seated at a table for four in one of corners of the dining room surrounded by the large windows, which in the summertime would have provided a lovely scenic view, but in the winter darkness just provided a chilly environment. My husband was disappointed when he ordered his favorite gin martini only to be told that we were out of the gin that is normally stocked. However, the wine and the food was superb as always. Everything from the foraged mushroom creme soup, to the small plate appetizers, superb and innovative. Those of us that ordered the filet mignon were absolutely delighted with the melt in your mouth tenderness and the seasoning was wonderful. The Copperleaf Reserve Red Wine Blend, so delicious and teamed perfectly with our entrees! There just seemed to be a more subdued interaction by the service staff that we noticed throughout the restaurant, perhaps just an off night because of the cold dark weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing experienceyogiDined on 11/13/2014we have eaten here at least 10 times iincluding 3 mothers days brunches and this experience was by far our most disapointing. our food arrived luke warm our main dish which was the pork was not special as previously experience.. I will still recommend this restaurant as the previous dinnings have been outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant in Great HotelPupfromtheMidwestDined on 11/11/2014This restaurant is in the Cedarbrook which is a very nice hotel. I had the scallops and roasted vegetables. They were both superb. Portions were good so I did not feel stuffed when I got up from the table. The bread was also very good. The service is attentive but not overbearing. Ambience was very good.Special Features:
- Copperleaf Restaurant-Delish!CopperleafDined on 11/11/2014Having stayed at the Cedarbrook several times we were yet to try the restaurant. This time we weren't staying at the Cedarbrook, but came to dinner at the Copperleaf. It was delicious. I will be back and would strong recommend it. I had the venison and my husband had the veal dish. Both were wonderful. The service was just right as well. Even though the dining room is a big open space below the lobby of the restaurant, the furnishing are done to create intimacy and privacy. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulDeweyDined on 11/1/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner with excellent food and delightful service by David. Presentation ws exceptional.Special Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Copperleaf is a hidden gem in Seatac offering creative and delicious food. The service and attention to detail make this a top pick for specialty dining!Special Features:
- Bring your wallet.FrombellinghamDined on 10/24/2014Ambience is lovely. The baby lettuce salad was especially tasty. Risotto was unimpressive. Wine list was very nice. Our amuse Bouche was so small you could hardly see it. I had written on my reservation that it was a birthday dinner but our server did not get the message. Overall a good dining experience. This place is very expensive so be prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MelsDined on 10/19/2014This is what dinning is all about. Dishes fit for a king or queen. You'll love it.Special Features:
- Outstanding mealChrisDined on 10/17/2014Restaurant was recommended by friends who live in Seattle and Open Table reviews and it didn't disappoint! Service was outstanding, food was delicious and nicely presented. Setting was large open room with very high ceilings creating a ski lodge atmosphere. Our experience was outstanding. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMeetingDined on 10/17/2014For one thing it was cold in the restaurant, the food was good but for the price the servings were more small not large plates. In some ways things like the plate brought with the rolls with a tiny portion on it was kind of silly. We laughed about how big the plate was. For the cost I am not sure we would go back.Special Features:
- Surprise SpotNoelTXDined on 10/12/2014Did not know this place until found in the Opentable. Food is excellent with a touch of French technique. The chef's idea in the dishes fitted and surprised us all in good way. Must try if your are in Seatac area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but Worth ItDepparaDined on 10/12/2014Just a couple of blocks away from the SeaTac strip, hidden in its own woodsy cul-de-sac, this handsome restaurant completely justifies the surprise and satisfaction expressed by other reviewers. The food is beautifully prepared with all kinds of subtly intermixed tastes and textures. The green herb dressing on the salad was a delightful original creation. I'm used to Chinese and Korean versions of pork belly, so I found this "small plate" hard and tasteless, but it was the only disappointment of the evening. With tip and generally light eating, no drinks, one dessert, two coffees, three of us spent $150.Special Features:
- Exceptional Dining!whatever1Dined on 10/12/2014Our dining experience at the Copperleaf Restaurant was exceptional. The food was expertly prepared and beautifully presented, and the menu offerings were nicely varied. The wait staff was attentive without being intrusive and the ambiance was wonderful. We were seated in front of a beautiful stone fireplace, the ceiling was stories high, and the seating arrangements were varied and attractive. I would return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very niceLocalDined on 10/9/2014For any traveling arriving at seat ac during rush hour this is a great little known retreat for a very nice meal. The staff does a great job and the food is yummy. Celebrated a dear friends birthday and it as a great celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable ServiceSocialDinnerDined on 10/8/2014Copperleaf is all about service and presentation. And there, it excels. Food was interesting and cooked well, but portions were tiny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Yet So Near SeaTactrhamDined on 10/5/2014You would not believe that this hotel and restaurant are minutes from SeaTac. Beautiful setting, great ambience and superb food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden oasisGuyfromDCVIPDined on 9/28/2014If ever stuck in Seatac hotel hell, get yourself to this gem. Minutes away, you feel transported. Food prep, delivery, presentation, and taste beyond imagination. Chef has roots at French Laundry and it shows. Just go - you won't be dissapointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellencePretty4fudeDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I found this gem of a place 2 yrs ago. I must say I have not been disappointed so far. I like that the menu is small and the dishes appeared to be plated with passion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014This was an incredible awesome surprise dining experience! The decor, ambiance, service and most importantly the food were excellent. This was definitely one of the best hotel restaurant dining, no, dining experiences I have had in the past 10 years. The food was innovative, exciting and delicious. The flavors in each plate were distinct yet perfectly harmonious. We had dinner with 2 friends and all ordered different dishes, everyone was floored with their appetizers, dinners and desserts. Hopefully, this restaurant is consistently this good because I'm really looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- After All, its a hotelThomasKellerwannaBeDined on 9/23/2014The food was passable BUT in massive unbelievably huge portions. Quantity vs. quality.Special Features:
- Anniversary HighlightScooter2Dined on 9/20/2014Took my wife to Cedarbrook for our 40th Anniversary celebration. It's a shame that it took us 40 years to discover it. The meal, service and ambiance were more than I had expected and made me a hero to my wife. This is a must for that special, romantic occasion. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem in SeatacFoodieDined on 9/20/2014I dined at Copperleaf Restaurant for our anniversary. I had seen the great reviews on Trip Advisor and had been wanting to go here for a long time. I wished I had come sooner. Valet Parking is complimentary while dining at the restaurant, which was nice and convenient. Once you get into the lodge, you feel like you are out of SeaTac. Nice quiet ambience, surrounded by greenery. We ordered the Pork Belly for appetizer, which was delicious! They gave us complimentary champagne since it was our anniversary. I had lamb for dinner and my husband had duck. Everything looked and tasted absolutely scrumptious! And for dessert I recommend the pineapple upside down cake. Pineapple sherbet and coconut vanilla mouse with candied pecans. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional food!MarborDined on 9/19/2014This was my second dining experience at Copperleaf, and the food was again extraordinary. The dishes are delicious and the components are well thought out and extremely complementary. It was superb from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went Back to This "Found" TreasureakablondedDined on 9/19/2014We stumbled across this jewel of a dining experience a few years ago, and every time we're in the Seattle area, we make it a point to visit. The food always delights. Its atmosphere is surprisingly comfy, given that the menu wouldn not disappoint the gourmet in all of us. So much so, that even the most calorie-conscious diner couldn't pass up specialty drinks, appetizers, and the truly decadent desserts. Finding the Copperleaf Restaurant is very much like a treasure hunt, but you get to eat the treasure. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went to my "happy place"FoureyedgirlDined on 9/15/2014The atmosphere is lovely - casual and classy at the same time. Classual?!? The staff was attentive and not intrusive allowing me and my friends to have a relaxed conversation. My scalps were cooked perfectly and the server recommended melon salad was delightful. The aperitif surprise of elderberry juice and shortbread wafer capped off a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open cathedralLLarivDined on 9/13/2014The service was a little slow to get started but once contact was made it became excellent. The complimentary crab cake appetizer was delicately prepared and tasty. The salad was crisp with just the right amount of dressing. The filet mignon was done to medium rare just right and though, not prime, it was very tender and flavorful. The only minus is the open area sitting with no privacy, similar to eating in a open hall with tables. Forget about a romantic evening here when you can peer into the next table and listen to adjacent conversations without trying. They need dividers or sitting arrangements to give diners some sense of ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but Limited SelectionmastsmDined on 9/10/2014The food was outstanding. We would have liked some more selections on the menu, however. The prices were somewhat high, but the quality was worth it. This is an unusual location, in the middle of a mid-class neighborhood, so not sure how much of clientele they have. The restaurant is located in the Cedarbrook Hotel, which is near Sea-Tac Airport and probably gets a lot of business clients. Got the impression that they were striing for a "Canlis" atmosphere. Some nice little touches, like an "amuse bouche" two-bite offering before dinner and a refreshing soda aperitif after dinner.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceC2bauntieDined on 9/8/2014The menu selection was varied and creative. The food was beautifully presented. The dishes were fresh, flavorful and colorful. The sides complimented the entree well. The staff was excellent and they cared about our dining experience. Really, they cared a lot about it. They were also a nice mix of relaxed, friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. I cannot recommend the Copperleaf enough.Special Features:
- Wonderful SurpriseWendyVIPDined on 9/7/2014We were staying at an airport hotel in Tacoma/Seattle, looking for a neighborhood place to eat. We came across this restaurant in Trip Advisor and Open Table. Since our hotel would not provide transportation to the Cedarbrook Lodge resort, their hostess Terri sent their own shuttle to pick us up. The lodge is definitely not an airport hotel! It is more of a resort. The restaurant has a wonderful ambiance, including an outdoor dining area, complete with fireplace and firepits. We had the most fantastic meal, with a terrific server, Justin, who took great care of us, advising us on menu items and making perfect recommendations. We would absolutely recommend this resort and this restaurant.Special Features:
- Sea TacSamSara15Dined on 9/5/2014The food is delicious but pricey and little too precious. The salmon would have been better with a subtle sauce. Only complaints were that the espresso and French press machines were not working and the regular coffee was too weak even for regular coffee. And they could not comply with a request for Irish coffee Otherwise for a location near the airport, the location and food were wonderful.Special Features:
- UNIQUE MENUPURPLECAFEEXPERIENCE5STARDined on 9/5/2014THERE WERE 4 OF US FOR LUNCH. 3 OF THE 4 HAD THE BLACK & BLUE SALAD. EVERYONE CLEANED HER PLATE. ONE SAID IT IS THE BEST B & B SALAD SHE HAS EVER HAD. I HAD A VEGETARIAN ENTREE. IT WAS DELICIOUS!! THE MENU HAS A GREAT VARIETY AND THE CHEF MAKES AND ORDINARY ENTREE UNIQUE AND FLAVORFUL! GIVE IT A TRY.Special Features:
- Best Food South of SeattlesirilinneaVIPDined on 8/31/2014It always surprises Seattle friends when we tell them to meet us at The Copperleaf. We love this restaurant. The food and service are flawless. Recommendations from the staff are spot on, so let them take care of you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deedeeDined on 8/30/2014the restaurant itself is pleasing to the eye. the staff was pleasant. I would recommend the corn soup but I would not recommend the New York steak.for the price you pay you would expect for the steak to easily be sliced and melt in your mouth.unfortunately the steak was a challenge to cut and tough to eat.Special Features:
- Mark & VickiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014One of our favorite places. Great evening, great food, great ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemDeMoVIPDined on 8/28/2014This restaurant and the hotel/lodge it is a part of is tucked away in a neighborhood near the airport. The food we had for lunch was very good. The atmosphere is quite different in that it is very open, but it still has an lot of charm with walls of windows to the wooded outdoors.Special Features:
- Love it here!JudyannDined on 8/25/2014We had a lovely anniversary celebration complete with complimentary champagne and appetizer. Thank you, Cedarbrook/Copperleaf!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great executionMattCVIPDined on 8/21/2014Best service and foods in So. King County, bar noneSpecial Features: