Copperleaf Restaurant at Cedarbrook Lodge
18525 36th Ave. South
Seattle, WA 98188Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
Copperleaf Restaurant at Cedarbrook Lodge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cedarbrooklodge.com/
- Phone: 2062144282
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30 am - 2:00 pm; Dinner Daily: 5:30 - 9:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Mark Bodinet
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Brightwood is a private dining room especially suited for parties of 10 - 18 people. Its private terrace and waterfall make Brightwood an ideal location for intimate social gatherings. Chef Mark Bodinet will happily prepare a customized menu made with "best of the season" products. You may choose from the seasonal a la carte menu, hand-crafted cocktail menu and our regional wine list. It features a wide variety of organic and bio-dynamic Northwest wines. The Copperleaf team looks forward to welcoming you soon.
- Private Party Contact: Roy Breiman 2062144155
- Special Events: Save Bristol Bay July 9 - 15, 2012 Copperleaf Restaurant will be offering a special four-course tasting menu - featuring fresh wild sockeye salmon straight from the pristine waters of Bristol Bay, Alaska. Bristol Bay, one of the world's greatest and most sustainable fisheries is currently threatened by a proposed open-pit gold and copper mine that foreign companies want to develop in the headwaters of Bristol Bay's most productive salmon rivers. Come savor the beautifully distinct red flesh and exception flavor of the sockeye salmon, one of the healthiest (and delicious) sources of protein and Omega-3s. Help share in the responsibility of making certain one of the last great fisheries is protected for generations to come. View Copperleaf's entire tasting menu here. Priced at only $65 per person (exclusive of tax and gratuity,) optional regional and local wine pairings are also available for $30. Make it a scrumptious evening. Support a superb cause.
A word from Copperleaf Restaurant at Cedarbrook Lodge
Copperleaf Restaurant & Bar is a Northwest gathering spot serving seasonally-inspired farm-to-table cuisine. The entire team is committed to sustainable practices bringing the season's best to your table. Chef Mark Bodinet hand selects products from small local farms, fishermen, ranchers and artisans as well as products from his on-site chef's garden for many of his evening offerings. Arrive early and experience a seasonal cocktail or glass of Washington State Syrah in Copperleaf Bar where the lounge menu is available daily. Come see why Copperleaf Restaurant is a truly "Quintessentially Northwest" experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Copperleaf Restaurant at Cedarbrook Lodge - Best Restaurants in Seatac ›
Copperleaf Restaurant at Cedarbrook Lodge reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (71)fit for foodies (69)romantic (44)neighborhood gem (39)notable wine list (28)great for outdoor dining (26)scenic view (24)great for lunch (23)good for groups (22)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- MelsDined on 10/19/2014This is what dinning is all about. Dishes fit for a king or queen. You'll love it.Special Features:
- Outstanding mealChrisDined on 10/17/2014Restaurant was recommended by friends who live in Seattle and Open Table reviews and it didn't disappoint! Service was outstanding, food was delicious and nicely presented. Setting was large open room with very high ceilings creating a ski lodge atmosphere. Our experience was outstanding. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMeetingDined on 10/17/2014For one thing it was cold in the restaurant, the food was good but for the price the servings were more small not large plates. In some ways things like the plate brought with the rolls with a tiny portion on it was kind of silly. We laughed about how big the plate was. For the cost I am not sure we would go back.Special Features:
- Surprise SpotNoelTXDined on 10/12/2014Did not know this place until found in the Opentable. Food is excellent with a touch of French technique. The chef's idea in the dishes fitted and surprised us all in good way. Must try if your are in Seatac area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but Worth ItDepparaDined on 10/12/2014Just a couple of blocks away from the SeaTac strip, hidden in its own woodsy cul-de-sac, this handsome restaurant completely justifies the surprise and satisfaction expressed by other reviewers. The food is beautifully prepared with all kinds of subtly intermixed tastes and textures. The green herb dressing on the salad was a delightful original creation. I'm used to Chinese and Korean versions of pork belly, so I found this "small plate" hard and tasteless, but it was the only disappointment of the evening. With tip and generally light eating, no drinks, one dessert, two coffees, three of us spent $150.Special Features:
- Exceptional Dining!whatever1Dined on 10/12/2014Our dining experience at the Copperleaf Restaurant was exceptional. The food was expertly prepared and beautifully presented, and the menu offerings were nicely varied. The wait staff was attentive without being intrusive and the ambiance was wonderful. We were seated in front of a beautiful stone fireplace, the ceiling was stories high, and the seating arrangements were varied and attractive. I would return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very niceLocalDined on 10/9/2014For any traveling arriving at seat ac during rush hour this is a great little known retreat for a very nice meal. The staff does a great job and the food is yummy. Celebrated a dear friends birthday and it as a great celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable ServiceSocialDinnerDined on 10/8/2014Copperleaf is all about service and presentation. And there, it excels. Food was interesting and cooked well, but portions were tiny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Yet So Near SeaTactrhamDined on 10/5/2014You would not believe that this hotel and restaurant are minutes from SeaTac. Beautiful setting, great ambience and superb food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden oasisGuyfromDCVIPDined on 9/28/2014If ever stuck in Seatac hotel hell, get yourself to this gem. Minutes away, you feel transported. Food prep, delivery, presentation, and taste beyond imagination. Chef has roots at French Laundry and it shows. Just go - you won't be dissapointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellencePretty4fudeDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I found this gem of a place 2 yrs ago. I must say I have not been disappointed so far. I like that the menu is small and the dishes appeared to be plated with passion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014This was an incredible awesome surprise dining experience! The decor, ambiance, service and most importantly the food were excellent. This was definitely one of the best hotel restaurant dining, no, dining experiences I have had in the past 10 years. The food was innovative, exciting and delicious. The flavors in each plate were distinct yet perfectly harmonious. We had dinner with 2 friends and all ordered different dishes, everyone was floored with their appetizers, dinners and desserts. Hopefully, this restaurant is consistently this good because I'm really looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- After All, its a hotelThomasKellerwannaBeDined on 9/23/2014The food was passable BUT in massive unbelievably huge portions. Quantity vs. quality.Special Features:
- Anniversary HighlightScooter2Dined on 9/20/2014Took my wife to Cedarbrook for our 40th Anniversary celebration. It's a shame that it took us 40 years to discover it. The meal, service and ambiance were more than I had expected and made me a hero to my wife. This is a must for that special, romantic occasion. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem in SeatacFoodieDined on 9/20/2014I dined at Copperleaf Restaurant for our anniversary. I had seen the great reviews on Trip Advisor and had been wanting to go here for a long time. I wished I had come sooner. Valet Parking is complimentary while dining at the restaurant, which was nice and convenient. Once you get into the lodge, you feel like you are out of SeaTac. Nice quiet ambience, surrounded by greenery. We ordered the Pork Belly for appetizer, which was delicious! They gave us complimentary champagne since it was our anniversary. I had lamb for dinner and my husband had duck. Everything looked and tasted absolutely scrumptious! And for dessert I recommend the pineapple upside down cake. Pineapple sherbet and coconut vanilla mouse with candied pecans. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional food!MarborDined on 9/19/2014This was my second dining experience at Copperleaf, and the food was again extraordinary. The dishes are delicious and the components are well thought out and extremely complementary. It was superb from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went Back to This "Found" TreasureakablondedDined on 9/19/2014We stumbled across this jewel of a dining experience a few years ago, and every time we're in the Seattle area, we make it a point to visit. The food always delights. Its atmosphere is surprisingly comfy, given that the menu wouldn not disappoint the gourmet in all of us. So much so, that even the most calorie-conscious diner couldn't pass up specialty drinks, appetizers, and the truly decadent desserts. Finding the Copperleaf Restaurant is very much like a treasure hunt, but you get to eat the treasure. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went to my "happy place"FoureyedgirlDined on 9/15/2014The atmosphere is lovely - casual and classy at the same time. Classual?!? The staff was attentive and not intrusive allowing me and my friends to have a relaxed conversation. My scalps were cooked perfectly and the server recommended melon salad was delightful. The aperitif surprise of elderberry juice and shortbread wafer capped off a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open cathedralLLarivDined on 9/13/2014The service was a little slow to get started but once contact was made it became excellent. The complimentary crab cake appetizer was delicately prepared and tasty. The salad was crisp with just the right amount of dressing. The filet mignon was done to medium rare just right and though, not prime, it was very tender and flavorful. The only minus is the open area sitting with no privacy, similar to eating in a open hall with tables. Forget about a romantic evening here when you can peer into the next table and listen to adjacent conversations without trying. They need dividers or sitting arrangements to give diners some sense of ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but Limited SelectionmastsmDined on 9/10/2014The food was outstanding. We would have liked some more selections on the menu, however. The prices were somewhat high, but the quality was worth it. This is an unusual location, in the middle of a mid-class neighborhood, so not sure how much of clientele they have. The restaurant is located in the Cedarbrook Hotel, which is near Sea-Tac Airport and probably gets a lot of business clients. Got the impression that they were striing for a "Canlis" atmosphere. Some nice little touches, like an "amuse bouche" two-bite offering before dinner and a refreshing soda aperitif after dinner.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceC2bauntieDined on 9/8/2014The menu selection was varied and creative. The food was beautifully presented. The dishes were fresh, flavorful and colorful. The sides complimented the entree well. The staff was excellent and they cared about our dining experience. Really, they cared a lot about it. They were also a nice mix of relaxed, friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. I cannot recommend the Copperleaf enough.Special Features:
- Wonderful SurpriseWendyVIPDined on 9/7/2014We were staying at an airport hotel in Tacoma/Seattle, looking for a neighborhood place to eat. We came across this restaurant in Trip Advisor and Open Table. Since our hotel would not provide transportation to the Cedarbrook Lodge resort, their hostess Terri sent their own shuttle to pick us up. The lodge is definitely not an airport hotel! It is more of a resort. The restaurant has a wonderful ambiance, including an outdoor dining area, complete with fireplace and firepits. We had the most fantastic meal, with a terrific server, Justin, who took great care of us, advising us on menu items and making perfect recommendations. We would absolutely recommend this resort and this restaurant.Special Features:
- Sea TacSamSara15Dined on 9/5/2014The food is delicious but pricey and little too precious. The salmon would have been better with a subtle sauce. Only complaints were that the espresso and French press machines were not working and the regular coffee was too weak even for regular coffee. And they could not comply with a request for Irish coffee Otherwise for a location near the airport, the location and food were wonderful.Special Features:
- UNIQUE MENUPURPLECAFEEXPERIENCE5STARDined on 9/5/2014THERE WERE 4 OF US FOR LUNCH. 3 OF THE 4 HAD THE BLACK & BLUE SALAD. EVERYONE CLEANED HER PLATE. ONE SAID IT IS THE BEST B & B SALAD SHE HAS EVER HAD. I HAD A VEGETARIAN ENTREE. IT WAS DELICIOUS!! THE MENU HAS A GREAT VARIETY AND THE CHEF MAKES AND ORDINARY ENTREE UNIQUE AND FLAVORFUL! GIVE IT A TRY.Special Features:
- Best Food South of SeattlesirilinneaVIPDined on 8/31/2014It always surprises Seattle friends when we tell them to meet us at The Copperleaf. We love this restaurant. The food and service are flawless. Recommendations from the staff are spot on, so let them take care of you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deedeeDined on 8/30/2014the restaurant itself is pleasing to the eye. the staff was pleasant. I would recommend the corn soup but I would not recommend the New York steak.for the price you pay you would expect for the steak to easily be sliced and melt in your mouth.unfortunately the steak was a challenge to cut and tough to eat.Special Features:
- Mark & VickiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014One of our favorite places. Great evening, great food, great ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemDeMoVIPDined on 8/28/2014This restaurant and the hotel/lodge it is a part of is tucked away in a neighborhood near the airport. The food we had for lunch was very good. The atmosphere is quite different in that it is very open, but it still has an lot of charm with walls of windows to the wooded outdoors.Special Features:
- Love it here!JudyannDined on 8/25/2014We had a lovely anniversary celebration complete with complimentary champagne and appetizer. Thank you, Cedarbrook/Copperleaf!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great executionMattCVIPDined on 8/21/2014Best service and foods in So. King County, bar noneSpecial Features:
- Excellent products and cookingSeachelDined on 8/20/2014This quiet restaurant has an elegant decor. The service is very careful and pleasant. Above all the quality of the natural products, the very refined receipies and the perfect cooking show that the United States are capable of the best in food (we are french people).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a GEM near SeatacsactowndinerDined on 8/19/2014We wanted to celebrate our anniversary before my husband flew out of SeaTac. We were staying in a hotel nearby for the evening. Not much fine dining near the airport but Copperleaf was a definite EXCEPTION! All the food was wonderful and artistically presented. My daughter the vegetarian also enjoyed her dining experience with us. We were offered an amuse bouche (sp?) and also complimentary champagne for our anniversary. I had octopus appetizer, duck entrée and peach sorbet for dessert--all scrumptious! Service was attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- DMB123Dined on 8/15/2014A hidden gem. Great chef, with beautiful presentations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as usual.PattyDined on 8/15/2014My group has been several times for lunch and we are always pleased with our service. We are never rushed and are allowed to visit for several hours. The lunch menu is a little limited, but everyone enjoyed their lunch. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Nice Romantic Get-A-WayRetailManagerVIPDined on 8/12/2014The ambience was rustic elegance, the food was very good and well seasoned, the service a little inexperienced but willing. Over-all good for the nice get-a-way close to the airport.Special Features:
- Hidden GemBDFoodieDined on 8/12/2014I always enjoy taking new individuals to this delightful restaurant. Driving to it all wonder at the destination by the neighborhood we proceed through. Everyone is surprised as we discover the locations manicured park like setting upon arrival. The surprise does not end there as the service and the food always impress whether it be lunch or dinner. For those looking for a venue for a special occasion this is the place especially if it entails out of town guests. Not once have I or my guests been disappointed with the Cedarbrook Lodge or it's Copperleaf Restaurant.Special Features:
- Romantic!BRC2272VIPDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant is designed for a very special, intimate, cozy lunch or dinner....truly a foodie's delight! The tasting menu was just amazing and the wine pairings superb. Service, warm, friendly, attentive. It is a bit pricey, but the food, the service, the experience worth every penny and then some! From the moment we were greeted by the Valet as we drove up, service reigns supreme. My husband who can be a bit of a cynic and critical absolutely raves about our dining experience here. Thank you to all!Special Features:
- Excellent secretOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Every visit, and this was my 3rd, has been by far the most enjoyable evening out. It makes going out for dinner a very special occasion even just for a normal naught. I don't think the palomino space needle j howie even come close. Food has always been excellent, and staff very pleasant. Keep up the consistency!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014We've been to Copperleaf Restaurant on several special occasions and they do not disappoint. They think of everything.Special Features:
- Food was good to greatHonestyDined on 8/2/2014Most everyone at our table if nine enjoyed their food. The three lettuce salad was beyond any lettuce salad I've had! The fois gras was sublime, especially with the Sauternes that Rebecca recommended. The pineapple upside down cake was surprising and wonderful - slightly deconstructed, nutty, filled with something yummy. The disappointment was the bacon wrapped ling cod - over cooked nugget of fish wrapped in bacon which made it taste like nothing but bacon. David was a friendly server. Rebecca did well with wine recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.