380 Winter Street
Waltham, MA 02451Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://copperhousetavern.com/
- Phone: 7818908989x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 10:00pm Kitchen
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Entertainment: no live entertainment
- Special Events: Let us host your next event! Whether it's a casual after work gathering, Baby Shower, Bridal Shower, Wedding Rehearsal Dinner, Retirement Party, or just Friends Getting Together... We are Here to make your Event Special!
Contact Cheri at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Copperhouse Tavern
A Contemporary Restaurant Featuring: An Innovative Food Menu, Forty Craft Beers on DraughtContinued
Small Batch Spirits, Eclectic Wine Selection
Small Batch Spirits, Eclectic Wine Selection
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Copperhouse Tavern - Best Restaurants in Waltham ›
Copperhouse Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (25)good for groups (24)great for lunch (18)neighborhood gem (16)great for outdoor dining (14)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (7)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (6)late-night find (6)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (2)romantic (2)Show More
- Loved itMikedVIPDined on 9/3/2014Nice, more upscale place in the neighborhood. Great food with fresh ingredients severed by a very friendly staff.Special Features:
- nice lunch spotFoodieVIPDined on 8/23/2014I had grilled salmon on spinach salad, my teenagers had sirloin tips with fries. We liked our dish, and enjoyed our late quiet lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow brunchKathyDined on 8/17/2014I wanted to check out Copper House Tavern for their brunch menu, since I had had a good lunch experience prior and had heard good things from friends. The food was decent, but the turn around time from the time we ordered until the time we got our food was quite a bit of time. The restaurant wasn't full at all so I was surprised it took that long. I do enjoy the restaurant, I just wasn't overly impressed with the brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/13/2014Good food, excellent service. Very lively for a hotel bar/restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was tasty, service awfulKimberleyTVIPDined on 8/8/2014I enjoyed the macaroni and cheese with chickent and bacon but the service wasn't very good. The waitress disappeared after we received our food and we didn't see her again until she casually dropped off our check without saying aything to us.
- Good after work spotVChrisLoDined on 8/5/2014Some friends and I met there for dinner. It was the first time for all of us and we were suprised at how nice the restraunt was especially being connected to a Best Western. The bar was jumping at 6 with the after work crowd and the tables filled up fast. The food was well prepared and very good. Their beer list is great, lots of good craft and imports. My one knock was our waitress. While she greeted us promptly and took our drink order, when we asked for another minute with the menu, she didn't come back of 15. after taking our food order, we didn't see her again until we were almost finished eating. As the tables cleared out she bacme more attentive but it was obvious she was overwhelmed with the crowd.Special Features:
- Good food, fast serviceCathDined on 7/23/2014This time i tried the shrimp tacos and they were really good. The halved avocado didn't really make sense on the plate but overall the dinner was really good. It is extremely loud in the restaurant though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Beers, great waitstaff!!DarwinDined on 7/19/2014Great Beers, great waitstaff, very good pizza and desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent locationKNoMiddleInitialWVIPDined on 7/11/2014Food, service, and ambiance are always predictable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two visits I'm a weekEaterouterVIPDined on 7/10/2014Perfect pub setting with good salads, burgers and lobster rolls. Pleasant wait staff and accomodting hostess Well located amid several hotels with no comparable dining optionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time not as goodrf52Dined on 7/5/2014My meal the first time was very good,this time the fried calamari was decent,the burger was over cooked and the cobb salad was good.Should have returned the burgerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outdoorsforevereatingDined on 6/30/2014Salads were delicious ...so nice to be able to be seated outdoorsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014Great marketing, poor execution on food. I ordered GRILLED shrimp tacos and received a plate that was pretty to look at but very lacking in anything grilled! The shrimp was small popcorn shrimp and was not grilled at all. Looked like it just came out of a can. Pineapple used to make the accompanying salsa also seemed to be straight out of the can. Very disappointed overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/23/2014Great spot for lunch - noise was low, food was good, prices great and it was easy to get on/off the highway from.Special Features:
- Great findOpieluvcaVIPDined on 6/20/2014Stumbled across this on our way out of town. Great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, subpar serviceMsMLeeDined on 6/19/2014I made a reservation requesting outdoor seating, however we were seated inside, although there was room outside. We waited almost 10 mins for our waiter. Placed our order which came at a timely manner. The guacamole was good but not worth $8 for the tiny portion we received. The wild mushroom spinach risotto was delicious. We had to wait 10 mins to place another drink order only to wait another 10 mins to receive it. Like I said, good food but subpar service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lots beer on tapsdinealotDined on 6/15/201450/50 on the food some came really nice other stuff came out cold and toughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit still issuesJuliePDined on 6/13/2014Had lunch with a friend. We placed our order and as time passed noticed everyone around us who had come later were already eating and we didn't have food. It was 45 minutes when the waiter finally came over and said there had been some ordering system problem, it wasn't just us, and the manager would do something special for us. Another 20 minutes later and our food finally arrived with the message that their would be no charge. No coleslaw on my plate but not worth complaining about. The waiter seemed to avoid us as if the situation was embarrassing. We finally flagged him down for a take-out container. The food was tasty but this was my second visit and we have had service issues both times. May give them one more shot.Special Features:
- First time a winnerrf52Dined on 6/7/2014Came here Saturday night for the first time.It's right off 128 with easy parking.We sat outside and had a very good experience.I had the shrimp ravioli and my wife and friend had the salmon and my friend had the steak.We all enjoyed our meals and will be backSpecial Features:
- Food Good, but low on choicesHdhejVIPDined on 5/28/2014Tough time finding some healthy options here. Those on Gluten and Dairy Free diets look elsewhere. If you are looking for another greasy burger joint then you could go here, but you would be better at Watch City Brewery with more to offer and some health choices.
- The following 78 reviews are from the Copperhouse Tavern reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/22/2014Went there with a group for dinner. Food was very good but the noise level was so loud you could not have a conversation. We ended up going to another restaurant for dessert because of the noise level.Special Features:
- fair serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Although the food is good here, the service is quite inconsistent. It took a long time for someone to take our order, and then while we were in the middle of appetizers, someone brought out our dinners and piled them on the table. When we asked that they remove the appetizer plates that were empty, we were told that they would get our server. Then a long wait for the check and to clear the table and pay. The staff is quite inattentive.
- Horrible servicegr8fd4meDined on 5/17/2014I saw this place on Phantom Gourmet and decided to give it a try. I was so disappointed with the entire experience. We sat for about 15 minutes before finally we were able to flag someone down to get drinks and the same service happened for our entire meal. Normally I tip, but considering the fact I had to find someone to help us on 3 occasions, I did not. Will not be back.Special Features:
- Nice find for locals and travelersBostonJohnnyDined on 5/17/2014Nice surprise close to home. Four of us came in on a Saturday nite and all left pleased with the meals and service. Menu offered not just pub fare but enough to satisfy foodies. Beer selection was excellent!Special Features:
- Good but loudNycfoodieDined on 5/16/2014Food was excellent. Everyone enjoyed their meal. We made a reservation for 8 and they seated us near the bar. Could not have a conversation it was ridiculously loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot 0n 128/WalthamMuttaVIPDined on 5/16/2014Simple salads, burgers - pizza especially good. Great beer selection. Lots of work people at lunch and after - - bar is hoppin"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect find from Open Table!bellamieDined on 5/11/2014I was searching a low key, relaxed place for a party of six for a place to take out mom for Mother's Day. Not anything to "fancy", but wasn't looking for a typical pub scene. I found Copper House Tavern and am so glad I did. The menu choices are broad and the prices are great. Our party all ordered something from different parts of the menu including: the salmon, pot pie, a salad, sandwich and we also got apps. Everything was great. Our server, James, was helpful and patient especially as some of our party was late and we took forever to order and lingered long after we finished eating. He was really great. We'll definitely be back and would highly recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worked for a mixed age family groupBigLeeDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mothers Day with a group of 9 including 3 young children. Menu worked fine for everyone including the children. They were helpful in providing for a child with severe egg and nut allergies. The room was very accommodating for the group, with lots of separate areas and plenty of space and not noisy. Easy parking, food good, service a bit slow though for the group with young kids.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchDroDineVIPDined on 5/11/2014It was good and the prices were reasonable - we've eaten here before and liked it. I don't write reviews unless there is something great or bad.... The food was inconsistent so I rated it "good" as an average. The Steak and Eggs was disappointing as the menu claimed three eggs any style and the serving of scrambled eggs was only one or two eggs plus the steak tips were charred on the outside and medium, not medium rare as ordered. The pizza was ok, the fries were great, the home fries were bad. It was Mother's Day so I expected it might be crowded, but it wasn't. Unfortunately, they were understaffed so the service was slow. Also, the waiter didn't seem to know the menu very well, perhaps he was new.Special Features:
- Great beer selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2014Now the best beer tap in all of Waltham! The selection is amazing from wheat beers to ales to lagers and everything in between! A must go to for a beer fan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Copper House TavernOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We went to CopperHouse Tavern for brunch on mother's day, and it was very good food! However, the service was poor because the waiters kept asking us if we had ordered yet and did not seem to be very organized at all.Special Features:
- Great food, subpar servicenstaileyDined on 5/2/2014Great service but our server was not very attentive and never offered to get another round of drinks - not how a bar should operate. It was the first Friday night of good weather and was busy but there is no excuse for poor service. Still would go back because of food, atmosphere and great beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Book Club at the Copper HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2014We were a group of nine and had a reservation. They had a great table ready for us when we started to arrive. We were there for quite a while and waitresses kept passing by our table, we finally stopped one and asked who would be our server. She said she'd check and within a minute or two another waitress came over, apologized for the confusion and ordered us two plates of nachos which were delicious. After that little mishap which they more than made up for, everything else went great. Food was good, service was great and we weren't rushed out.Special Features:
- local establishmentKNoMiddleInitialWVIPDined on 4/25/2014This is the second time dining at CO and enjoyed this dining experience much better. The food and drink is a good value and the service was efficient and staff friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busier every time we goJennVIPDined on 4/23/2014Nice spot despite the fact that it's inside the Best Western. Is more crowded every time we go. Good food great beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your typical pub foodNewYearsDinnerDined on 4/20/2014I went with family for Easter brunch and was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting the typical burgers and American entrees and they had much more. the menu was extensive and interesting at reasonable prices. There was something for everyone including interesting salads, fish and yes it was brunch so they had bagels and lox with a twist and there were burgers. It was fairly quite, but the room had a nice feel with a large bar and many beers on tap and in bottles. would definitively give a try for dinner with friends. Do not be put of by the Best Western lobby location, this is a nice spot. I will be back.
- Beware of dinosaursGwenVIPDined on 4/18/2014We've been to Copperhouse a few times and are still working our way through the things we wanted to try. I had the butternut squash ravioli and my friend had baked mac and cheese. This was not a disappointing visit! The food is good and filling, wide variety. They have a reasonable beer selection but it's a little on the pricey side. The restaurant is attached to a hotel so there's a broad variety of clientele. We've never been there without at least one child or baby in the dining room. But the highlight of our meal this trip had nothing to do with the management, service, or food. The four-year-old in the booth behind us and her dinosaur made our meal entertaining as well as delicious. Raar!Special Features:
- Copperhouse has a large varietyValzDined on 4/11/2014Copperhouse has a large variety of beer on tap. The bar is definitely bustling after work hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgers and IPAdinerDined on 4/8/2014Clean, great burgers, good service, good beer and ale selection. I had the Tuscan Burger and the IPA flight and enjoyed both. One minor complaint is that things got very loud.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drink Misconceptions...FrustratedFridayDined on 3/28/2014My cocktail should have been served with pride considering it is a Premium Bourbon. It was one-shot short of a neat bourbon. My friend was served a straight-up mixed manhattan, which is what I changed my second and final drink too. My party slimmed out as all expect on Friday's, however, our waiter was gracious and accomodating, even though he attempted to splash a straight up glass that was full, to the table without a try to catch the spillage. I lost more liquor in the second drink, than was in the first....