311 East Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28203Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.copperrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7043330063
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Mel Oza, Consultant Chef
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate parties from 15 people 75 people, private rooms are also available for parties from 10 to 25 people.
- Private Party Contact: A.P Pannu 7043330063
A word from Copper
The cuisine at Copper is contemporary. Restaurateur Aparappar Singh Pannu and chef Mel Oza have developed a menu that incorporates traditional flavors and culinary techniques of classic Indian cuisine and have given it all a nouveau twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Copper - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Copper reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (65)fit for foodies (59)special occasion (53)romantic (53)great for outdoor dining (25)good for groups (20)great for lunch (17)hot spot (12)scenic view (12)notable wine list (5)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Yummy!HungryBearsVIPDined on 8/31/2014I love this place! This meal included starters of the chicken sukka, my favorite lamb meatballs, then tikka masala and.... can't remember the other one, but it's chicken in a sweet / hot sauce that includes mango. Really great food, and I love the garlic naan. My husband LOVED it too - his first time for Indian food as he's insisted for years that he hates Indian food. Which he most assuredly does not. My only suggestions for improvement are that the music can be a little loud and the streetlight shining in the front dining room doesn't do much for the ambiance (likely not much to be done about that).Special Features:
- Great FindGlennDined on 8/30/2014This was our first visit to Copper and we were so very impressed with the menu, the service and the overall experience. Will return!Special Features:
- Great Indian foodrtpivVIPDined on 8/28/2014When visiting family in Charlotte, we like to go to Copper. My wife is a cautious eater, but really likes the Saunfiya Kesri chicken. It has Indian spices, but is mild and flavorful. I like the various curry dishes and stronger sauces, like the Murgh Tikka Masala chicken. The food is outstanding and the service is attentive. Copper is a good place to experiment with Indian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialJeetDined on 8/24/2014Having visited innumerable restaurants, I can say that though the food was nice, the prices & quantity didn't match with each other. Can be good for a quiet romantic dinner, but definitely was a let down when I went with my entire family & the primary objective was a filling meal. Also when you say Indian Cusines, what I expect is Indian music (if a music play in the background), not anythign else.Special Features:
- Great place for a late dinnerfoodaddictedDined on 8/23/2014Food was excellent, service a little slow but adequate, good ambiance.... a little more light in the back room would help while perusing the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingexperiencedinerDined on 8/21/2014The service was lackluster and slow. We had to ask twice just to get napkins, and I finally took one from another table. The waiter overflowed my beer and then handed me the dripping glass. My duck confit, though tasty, was served in a shallow bowl which made it almost impossible to eat without making a mess. The food was fine, but the total experience was less than satisfactory.Special Features:
- Great FindSuperSaddlerDined on 8/16/2014Copper was a great find and the food was very nice, They have a good selection of wine and beers both domestic and import. The appetizer portion of the menu is great with a wide selection, i would like to have seen a larger selection on the entree side, there really isn't a great selection for the Indian food connoisseur. The area is nice just outside the city and we had a very enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay - Not StellarBlackNBlondeDined on 8/15/2014The hostess didnt acknowledge us upon arrival. We were seated and having a cocktail at the bar while waiting on our table. It seemed strange to ask if we wanted to close or transfer the tab to our table. A single piece of naan was provided to my guest and I when seated. We actually purchased two additional orders with the meal. The food itself was very good. The waiter brought our check without asking about desert or showing the menu. We asked and tried the carrot pudding which was delicious and reminded me of sweet potatoes. I had also asked for coffee which never arrived. Service like most of Charlotte's restaurants is it's downfall.Special Features:
- Great food & place for conversationCiCiVIPDined on 8/15/2014Let me start with the staff, which was exceptional. Our waiter was very attentive without being overbearing, as well as the food runners. The food was wonderful. We had two salads to start, eating every bite. For our main course, we had the chicken chettinadu and the spinach dumplings. Both were exceptional! After we finished, we were able to sit on the patio and finish our conversation without feeling rushed. As a note, I have eaten at their sister restaurant, Blue Taj, which is good too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/14/2014Always love Copper when I get a chance to go. I would have given a 'Great' for service but my #1 restaurant pet peeve of having an empty water glass was happening too frequently that night. Great food, quiet table and 1000 point reservation! Can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- 80th BirthdaytrebidDined on 8/9/2014We went to the restaurant to celebrate and 80th birthday. My mother-in-law was particularly picky and a good cook and she found the food very enjoyable and in fact ate her entire dish. Service was very good and they responded well to any requests. The food was priced right and I will certainly go back again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceAndrewVIPDined on 8/9/2014Excellent mix of traditional and modern Indian dishes. Staff was friendly and knew when to warn you about what you were ordering. The best part was the setting--the restaurant is in an old historic house in South End/Dilworth. Makes for a very warm, comfortable environment. We got a modestly priced bottle of wine and the bill with tip topped $100, so I would save this place for special occasions, at least for dinner. Overall, the food was wonderful and it was a great experience.Special Features:
- Great find!BabsVIPDined on 8/3/2014We were in Charlotte for an overnight trip and I found Copper on Open Table. The food, service, and decor were all spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Poor ServiceMommaMouseVIPDined on 8/1/2014The food and the atmosphere is great at Copper. The service was underwhelming. It took 15 minutes for our server to come over and that was after my husband had to call him over. This is our 2nd time to Copper. It's in a great location. I would recommend the food but if you find the service is poor I would call over a manager immediately.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant Poor ServicemommamouseDined on 8/1/2014This is our 2nd time to Copper. The food and atmosphere is great and we would recommend it but our server was non existent for 15 minutes even though he was floating in and out of the room we were in he never once came up and said he'd be right with us or even acknowledged us. My husband finally had to call him over. The rest of the night with our server was like that. It's just disappointing to be at a nice restaurant with terrible service.Special Features:
- Always enjoy our food hereBethVIPDined on 7/29/2014For a variety of reasons, my husband has shifted to a no-fat, vegan diet. There was little on the menu that would accommodate that but the kitchen was noble in their efforts. I ordered scallops and the sea bass. Interestingly, perhaps because of the way we'd been eating at home, the scallops struck me as more salty than spicy and the see bass overly buttery but both were gorgeously prepared. I love this restaurant and I completely appreciate the service. It continues to be a go-to place and particularly now since Charlotte doesn't easily accommodate the sort of diet my husband is on.Special Features:
- My new regular spotfoodiepilotDined on 7/29/2014This East Blvd restaurant has started to become a regular spot for me. Great Location, Great Staff, Great Food. If you dont know what to get try the Chicken tikka masala...its outstanding.Special Features:
- First Timer-LovedBrookeDined on 7/29/2014This was the first time I had Indian food before and I was pleasantly surprised. I am fairly picky and definately a baby about spicy food. Both dishes I had were mild, the goat cheese and the chicken, and were both outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had forgotten how good this isCleanPlateDined on 7/25/2014I have been to Copper before, but perhaps I had placed it in a category of speciality restaurants, but on this Charlotte Restaurant Week visit I realized this needs to be in our regular rotation. Everything was delicious, portions well sized, service friendly and unobtrusive. The location is excellent for those in the southern part of the area. I left thinking what a nice meal we had, and sure we would be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014Food here is very good but keep in mind that it is Indian cuisine and the service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Balanced Indian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014The food is very good modern Indian . Balanced spices not overly hot but very flavorful.Special Features:
- A Great Departure from the Norm...Cee74LDined on 7/25/2014The cuisine was very good. I found the combination of seasonings and flavors of the entrees was very enjoyable and added to the making of an excellent dining experience. I look forward to returning, just so that I can try another dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodHappyDined on 7/24/2014This is the second time I have brought visitors from India to this restaurant. Both times my guests were satisfied. That being said there is not a lot of food for people from the state of Goa, however its hard to have specific items from every state in India. You're best bet for Charlotte Indian Food!Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedPhilipFDined on 7/24/2014The first thing that greets you are beautifully painted house pillars, then you realize they are peeling!! The ambiance is fine with some interesting artwork. The menu is good, but honestly the servings are just tiny. This is the first time I have made a comment like this as normally my appetite is not that high so a small portion is not much of an issue, but this is taken to a whole new level. The rice was exquisite but just a few teaspoons of it!! My daughter ate everything and needed to go to Arby's on the way home, and she has a bird like appetite. The quality of the food was high, but they have removed themselves too far from what a good Indian meal delivers. Disappointing, I will not go back.Special Features:
- We'll be back!outonthetownDined on 7/20/20141st time at this restaurant. Always have loved Indian food. Creative specials this week with appropriate sized portions. Great place to share and try multiple things. Kind and well trained wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great flavorsEnglishHDined on 7/19/2014During restaurant week this place is busy! The flavors were great and the plating was immaculate. I prefer this place when our waiter has time to explain the dishes. The cocktails are fun, the décor smart, and it's lively yet also good for a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemNitaDined on 7/19/2014Indian cuisine with dishes that surpass the typical for most Indian restaurants. The spin on the duck dish with the almonds was fantastic. I would definitely bring my kids and love hole they refitted a house which makes it a quaint neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014We visited for restaurant week and were a bit disappointed. Very glad we didn't pay full price as portions were small, naan wasn't included and menu lacked familiar Indian favorites like vindaloo chicken.Special Features:
- UniqueBenReviewsDined on 7/13/2014Copper is truly unique. The menu is Indian but with a flare for modern. Food is spicy and tasty, and reasonably priced. The environment is also excellent as it is in an old house in the Dilworth area, so very nice and comfortable. Highly recommend this for a unique Indian dining experience.Special Features:
- Not too impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014We were seated in the room in the back where there was only light from a small window. There was no good lighting. The food was ok but they were not great to match with the prices. We used a groupon which helped with the bill but I am not sure I would go again without a groupon. Overall, it was just ok.
- Indian Cuisine PlusDengigDined on 7/8/2014The food can be traditional or a fusion with a variety of styles. And you can adjust the spiciness in your orderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightCzech3steveDined on 7/5/2014My wife and I went to this for date night and had a great time. We stuck with their traditional menu which has super creamy sauces. They have modern dishes as well but they were lacking the sauce that is so common to Indian food. The atmosphere was nice too.Special Features:
- Excellent!FromCLTDined on 7/4/2014Copper never disappointed me. Once you go past the ugly green carpet at the entrance, you are in for a treat. Very pleasant and friendly staff and excellent Indian food. Take your special person here..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!GovindaDined on 7/4/2014Copper keeps it simple, but without compromising quality. The food is fantastic! If you love Indian food, this is the only place in Charlotte you need to go!!Special Features:
- Nice Building .. but that's allOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/3/2014For what was supposed to be an upscale Indian Restaurant, this was distinctly blah in terms of food. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good. The lamb I ordered was tough and dry and the gravy it was in had only one taste: chili. I expected some chili to it, but Indian food is supposed to be about more than just hot, it should be a mix of different tastes. This only had one. My wife's fish, also, was lacking in taste as were the dishes of my two other companions. The service was also mediocre. Not bad, but not good. I've had tastier Indian food from several of the uptown lunch buffet choices at 1/4 of the price with friendlier service. My verdict: if there is another Indian restaurant near you, try it. This is nothing special.
- Great food - poor serviceYumyumDined on 6/28/2014Great restaurant with wonderful food but the service is lacking. This is the second time we have had this experience at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousCarnivorousDined on 6/28/2014We have been to Copper many times. The food is always perfectly delicious. The staff is always pleasant and accommodating. I will never stop going to, or recommending Copper to anyone looking for an all around excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jncthedcDined on 6/28/2014The food had excellent flavor. There was a good selection on the menu. The prices were reasonable for the ambiance of an old house on East Blvd.Special Features:
- Great Indian foodupscale atmosphereNCTravelerDined on 6/27/2014Copper has consistently good food and service in attractive upscale modern atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real GemAlanVIPDined on 6/23/2014Had lunch on a Friday. The lunch menu contained 5 traditonal and 5 modern Indian dish's. Your choice of 7 sauces. I had the lamb vindalu a nicely spicy/hot sauce served in a white raised oval bowl for a nice presentation. The meal included a free salad, rice and nam bread. The food was very tasty, the service excellent and atmosphere on glassed in porch with it scenic view of Easy Blvd enjoyable. Appreciate how the staff will describe any meal for you or recommend one after asking about your tastes. Try to sop here whenever in Charlotte from the Lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.