311 East Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28203Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.copperrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7043330063
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Mel Oza, Consultant Chef
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate parties from 15 people 75 people, private rooms are also available for parties from 10 to 25 people.
- Private Party Contact: A.P Pannu 7043330063
A word from Copper
The cuisine at Copper is contemporary. Restaurateur Aparappar Singh Pannu and chef Mel Oza have developed a menu that incorporates traditional flavors and culinary techniques of classic Indian cuisine and have given it all a nouveau twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Copper - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Copper reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (74)fit for foodies (66)romantic (53)special occasion (51)great for outdoor dining (28)good for groups (19)great for lunch (18)hot spot (14)scenic view (10)notable wine list (9)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Very enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/17/2014Great service, interesting menu, food was very good!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014The food and flavors are always spot on. A visual delight as much a delight on the palateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Bday outingSkkibunniVIPDined on 10/14/2014Took a friend here for bday as a surprise. From the moment we arrive the staff was attentive asking if we'd been before and giving bday wishes. Our waiter was superb throughout the entire meal, to recommending his fave dishes to the best dishes suited to sharing. The food was delicious and the prices completely reasonable for the quality of food. Samosas and the lamb dish I had was fantastic. The chicken tikka was also a standout as well as the prawns (or so says my mates as I don't eat prawns). I almost forgot the garlic naan...YUM. At the end the waiter sneaks out behind the bday girl and surprises her with their "3 excuses for a desert" desert with a candle (and on the house). Even the owner came by and said happy bday! Perfect eveningSpecial Features:
- Mixed, but worth itneighborDined on 10/14/2014The new cuisine is often superb. The one traditional dish --not so good. Overall, although it is erratic, it is special. The setting is pleasant enough; presentation of dishes,artful; seating is okay- mostly not too close to others. The problems: at night, it is so dim people use their phones to read the menu, and the acoustics are awful if it is at all crowded. "Energetic" is not the term; it isn't that there's a lively crowd, just that sounds are unduly amplified. Many of us love this place for the fun of the artful food, and some have started avoiding it because of the sound and darkness at night.Special Features:
- consistently greatjen53Dined on 10/12/2014we have dined here over the years, always a great meal, wonderful service, we have come with various friends who always enjoy the experience and meal.Special Features:
- Great IndianMarcusDined on 10/5/2014Marvellous, compact menu with very good options of well-designed dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very IndianOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2014I do not like to see my food covered in sauce unless I am eating a casserole so I chose a dish from the modern list. The chapati they brought with three condiments -yogurt, mint ginger, and mango was delicious. I still need more time to get used to the Indian spices though...Special Features:
- Nice unique resturantBretDined on 9/27/2014I really enjoyed the food and service. Unique and tasty menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewValerieDined on 9/22/2014I've eaten at Copper before, now having dining at lunch I can say the prices are much better. I get the same dinner portions, plus more at lunch for half the price. If I eat there again it will be at lunch from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Indian FusionabsolutetpVIPDined on 9/20/2014This is a great restaurant for Indian Fusion. They do have some traditional Indian food which is very good, but it's nice to see the Indian fusion menu. It's a nice ambiance as well. Definitely worth checking out. They have a nice cocktail list too. Good size portions too. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious appetizers alsoDeeeDined on 9/20/2014It is a 15 mile drive for us so dining once a month here is often. The food choices and preparation are slightly different from the sister Blu Taj. The seared scallops for appetizer and the cauliflower flowerets are very good. For entree we had a new dish on the menu, spinach dumplings with fingerling potatoes. Medium Spices were subtle. This place is a treat. The saffron naan was rather bland this weekend, but we have often enjoyed other naans here that are flavorful. We had an early reservation, 6:30, arrived 6:45. No problem getting a table. We were served menus and water immediately, but waited at least 10 minutes for the waiter to arrive to take our wine order and he appeared to be running. The service is gracious though.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experience!AlexDined on 9/15/2014My friend and I were first time customers at Copper, this past Monday evening, and we were thoroughly impressed by the service--the wait staff was polite, helpful in explaining the various dishes, and the servers were attentive, but not intrusive, and since we were there for an evening of relaxed conversation, as well as, a nice dining experience in a low-keyed atmosphere, this latter feature was important. As for our dishes of curried lamb and perfectly cooked rice, we agreed, were excellent--the presentation was modern, as in, clean and tasteful; the portions, quite satisfying; and the authentic Indian cuisine was as rich in flavor, and as savory, as we had hoped. Being so pleased, we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as alwaysLadyDiVIPDined on 9/8/2014Excellent food, excellent services. I highly recommend Copper.Special Features:
- Copper RestaurantBradDined on 9/6/2014Copper provides excellent Indian cuisine. The dishes are prepared fresh and have an awesome mix of spices that I have not found in other restaurants. Excellent service as well.Special Features:
- Best Indian Food in Charlotte!!FinickyNYCFoodieVIPDined on 9/6/2014We have been to Copper a few times in the past when we lived in Uptown and always had a fine dining experience. We've done a lot of moving over the past few years and Copper somehow fell off our radar. I thought to make a reservation there last Saturday when I knew we'd be running errands in that "neck of the woods", and we were blown away! Having done so much dining out since we were last there, we would go so far as to say that Copper is not only the best Indian food in Charlotte but also belongs up there with the top five restaurants in this city. Everything from the atmosphere, the service and of course THE FOOD was extraordinary!! If you haven't enjoyed great Indian food, food, time to treat yourself to Copper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!HungryBearsVIPDined on 8/31/2014I love this place! This meal included starters of the chicken sukka, my favorite lamb meatballs, then tikka masala and.... can't remember the other one, but it's chicken in a sweet / hot sauce that includes mango. Really great food, and I love the garlic naan. My husband LOVED it too - his first time for Indian food as he's insisted for years that he hates Indian food. Which he most assuredly does not. My only suggestions for improvement are that the music can be a little loud and the streetlight shining in the front dining room doesn't do much for the ambiance (likely not much to be done about that).Special Features:
- Great FindGlennDined on 8/30/2014This was our first visit to Copper and we were so very impressed with the menu, the service and the overall experience. Will return!Special Features:
- Great Indian foodrtpivVIPDined on 8/28/2014When visiting family in Charlotte, we like to go to Copper. My wife is a cautious eater, but really likes the Saunfiya Kesri chicken. It has Indian spices, but is mild and flavorful. I like the various curry dishes and stronger sauces, like the Murgh Tikka Masala chicken. The food is outstanding and the service is attentive. Copper is a good place to experiment with Indian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialJeetDined on 8/24/2014Having visited innumerable restaurants, I can say that though the food was nice, the prices & quantity didn't match with each other. Can be good for a quiet romantic dinner, but definitely was a let down when I went with my entire family & the primary objective was a filling meal. Also when you say Indian Cusines, what I expect is Indian music (if a music play in the background), not anythign else.Special Features:
- Great place for a late dinnerfoodaddictedDined on 8/23/2014Food was excellent, service a little slow but adequate, good ambiance.... a little more light in the back room would help while perusing the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingexperiencedinerDined on 8/21/2014The service was lackluster and slow. We had to ask twice just to get napkins, and I finally took one from another table. The waiter overflowed my beer and then handed me the dripping glass. My duck confit, though tasty, was served in a shallow bowl which made it almost impossible to eat without making a mess. The food was fine, but the total experience was less than satisfactory.Special Features:
- Great FindSuperSaddlerDined on 8/16/2014Copper was a great find and the food was very nice, They have a good selection of wine and beers both domestic and import. The appetizer portion of the menu is great with a wide selection, i would like to have seen a larger selection on the entree side, there really isn't a great selection for the Indian food connoisseur. The area is nice just outside the city and we had a very enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay - Not StellarBlackNBlondeDined on 8/15/2014The hostess didnt acknowledge us upon arrival. We were seated and having a cocktail at the bar while waiting on our table. It seemed strange to ask if we wanted to close or transfer the tab to our table. A single piece of naan was provided to my guest and I when seated. We actually purchased two additional orders with the meal. The food itself was very good. The waiter brought our check without asking about desert or showing the menu. We asked and tried the carrot pudding which was delicious and reminded me of sweet potatoes. I had also asked for coffee which never arrived. Service like most of Charlotte's restaurants is it's downfall.Special Features:
- Great food & place for conversationCiCiVIPDined on 8/15/2014Let me start with the staff, which was exceptional. Our waiter was very attentive without being overbearing, as well as the food runners. The food was wonderful. We had two salads to start, eating every bite. For our main course, we had the chicken chettinadu and the spinach dumplings. Both were exceptional! After we finished, we were able to sit on the patio and finish our conversation without feeling rushed. As a note, I have eaten at their sister restaurant, Blue Taj, which is good too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/14/2014Always love Copper when I get a chance to go. I would have given a 'Great' for service but my #1 restaurant pet peeve of having an empty water glass was happening too frequently that night. Great food, quiet table and 1000 point reservation! Can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- 80th BirthdaytrebidDined on 8/9/2014We went to the restaurant to celebrate and 80th birthday. My mother-in-law was particularly picky and a good cook and she found the food very enjoyable and in fact ate her entire dish. Service was very good and they responded well to any requests. The food was priced right and I will certainly go back again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceAndrewVIPDined on 8/9/2014Excellent mix of traditional and modern Indian dishes. Staff was friendly and knew when to warn you about what you were ordering. The best part was the setting--the restaurant is in an old historic house in South End/Dilworth. Makes for a very warm, comfortable environment. We got a modestly priced bottle of wine and the bill with tip topped $100, so I would save this place for special occasions, at least for dinner. Overall, the food was wonderful and it was a great experience.Special Features:
- Great find!BabsVIPDined on 8/3/2014We were in Charlotte for an overnight trip and I found Copper on Open Table. The food, service, and decor were all spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as AlwaysPhilDined on 8/2/2014One of the best Indian places in town - always a favorite of ours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Poor ServiceMommaMouseVIPDined on 8/1/2014The food and the atmosphere is great at Copper. The service was underwhelming. It took 15 minutes for our server to come over and that was after my husband had to call him over. This is our 2nd time to Copper. It's in a great location. I would recommend the food but if you find the service is poor I would call over a manager immediately.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant Poor ServicemommamouseDined on 8/1/2014This is our 2nd time to Copper. The food and atmosphere is great and we would recommend it but our server was non existent for 15 minutes even though he was floating in and out of the room we were in he never once came up and said he'd be right with us or even acknowledged us. My husband finally had to call him over. The rest of the night with our server was like that. It's just disappointing to be at a nice restaurant with terrible service.Special Features:
- Always enjoy our food hereBethVIPDined on 7/29/2014For a variety of reasons, my husband has shifted to a no-fat, vegan diet. There was little on the menu that would accommodate that but the kitchen was noble in their efforts. I ordered scallops and the sea bass. Interestingly, perhaps because of the way we'd been eating at home, the scallops struck me as more salty than spicy and the see bass overly buttery but both were gorgeously prepared. I love this restaurant and I completely appreciate the service. It continues to be a go-to place and particularly now since Charlotte doesn't easily accommodate the sort of diet my husband is on.Special Features:
- My new regular spotfoodiepilotDined on 7/29/2014This East Blvd restaurant has started to become a regular spot for me. Great Location, Great Staff, Great Food. If you dont know what to get try the Chicken tikka masala...its outstanding.Special Features:
- First Timer-LovedBrookeDined on 7/29/2014This was the first time I had Indian food before and I was pleasantly surprised. I am fairly picky and definately a baby about spicy food. Both dishes I had were mild, the goat cheese and the chicken, and were both outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had forgotten how good this isCleanPlateDined on 7/25/2014I have been to Copper before, but perhaps I had placed it in a category of speciality restaurants, but on this Charlotte Restaurant Week visit I realized this needs to be in our regular rotation. Everything was delicious, portions well sized, service friendly and unobtrusive. The location is excellent for those in the southern part of the area. I left thinking what a nice meal we had, and sure we would be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014Food here is very good but keep in mind that it is Indian cuisine and the service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Balanced Indian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014The food is very good modern Indian . Balanced spices not overly hot but very flavorful.Special Features:
- A Great Departure from the Norm...Cee74LDined on 7/25/2014The cuisine was very good. I found the combination of seasonings and flavors of the entrees was very enjoyable and added to the making of an excellent dining experience. I look forward to returning, just so that I can try another dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodHappyDined on 7/24/2014This is the second time I have brought visitors from India to this restaurant. Both times my guests were satisfied. That being said there is not a lot of food for people from the state of Goa, however its hard to have specific items from every state in India. You're best bet for Charlotte Indian Food!Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedPhilipFDined on 7/24/2014The first thing that greets you are beautifully painted house pillars, then you realize they are peeling!! The ambiance is fine with some interesting artwork. The menu is good, but honestly the servings are just tiny. This is the first time I have made a comment like this as normally my appetite is not that high so a small portion is not much of an issue, but this is taken to a whole new level. The rice was exquisite but just a few teaspoons of it!! My daughter ate everything and needed to go to Arby's on the way home, and she has a bird like appetite. The quality of the food was high, but they have removed themselves too far from what a good Indian meal delivers. Disappointing, I will not go back.Special Features: