Copper River Fish & Chop House
17516 Dodd Blvd
Lakeville, MN 55044Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Copper River Fish & Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.crfishandchop.com/
- Phone: (952) 432-2722
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Hours: Monday-Saturday 11:00 A.M.-3 P.M.
Closed For Lunch Sunday
Dinner Hours Monday-Thursday 4:00 P.M.-9:00 P.M. (Bar @10:00 P.M.)
Dinner Hours Friday-Saturday 4:00-10:00 P.M. (Bar @12:00 A.M.)
Sunday Dinner 2:00-9:00 P.M.
Happy Hour Daily 3:00pm-6pm (Drinks until 7:00pm)
Happy Hour also runs on Friday & Saturday from 9:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Bill Alt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Copper River Fish and Chop House is available for off-site catering, and would be honored to be a part of your next special event!
Special menu design and large group options always available.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private dining room available, with seating for up to 55 people.
Perfect for rehearsal dinners, alumni groups and local sports teams!
Full restaurant buy-outs always an option.
- Private Party Contact: Bill Alt 9524322722x
- Entertainment: Private Room
- Special Events: A semi-private room is offered for groups of up to 55. Please email with questions.
A word from Copper River Fish & Chop House
Copper River Fish & Chop is your downtown restaurant south of the river. Our fresh shellfish and seafood comes in daily, offering "LOCAL CERTIFIED HEREFORD BEEF"! Menu prices range from $8.95 to $38.95.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Copper River Fish & Chop House - Best Restaurants in Lakeville ›
Copper River Fish & Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)fit for foodies (32)neighborhood gem (32)great for outdoor dining (26)romantic (18)good for groups (17)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (6)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- A Winner!SuperSatisfiedDined on 11/22/2014We visited Copper River Fish & Chop House for the first time last weekend and were more than impressed. Major compliments to the staff for an excellent evening. - Menu was broad and especially so for seafood, which is what we wanted. But the meat selections were many as well. - Lobster bisque was superior and my blue point oysters were delicious. - Both the mahi mahi and opakapaka were prepared excellently and portions were large. - Atmosphere was quiet and our booth allowed us to converse easily and privately. - Wine selection was more than expected. - Josh and Dan, our wait staff, were friendly, attentive and had good selections. - Not cheap, but much less than OceanAire, which we love. All in all, we found this very, very comparable to OceanAire, but smaller. We have already recommended this restaurant to others and will definitely be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSatisfiedDinerDined on 11/8/2014We found Copper River via OpenTable and the reviews were positive overall. We were seated quickly however the server was a little slow arriving at the table. The restaurant wasn't overly busy that evening and our schedule didn't require immediate attention. The drinks and appetizers arrived in a timely manner but the appetizer was extremely salty. The server stated she would find out if that's the norm but nothing further said. Our entrees arrived in a timely manner but once again the quality of the food was not to our liking. Our check was very slow coming to the table as was the pickup of the payment. Overall the restaurant was clean and inviting, however food was the disappointment.
- Mediocre at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Three people in our party were anxious to have a good shrimp dinner at a nice seafood restaurant. Not so----only shrimp on menu was a coconut shrimp appetizer. Thought I'd have a good steak--which they had but was flavorless. i also thought everything on menu was overpriced. Won't be going back.
- Good service, good foodkmar123Dined on 11/8/2014Had a great dinner. My only complaint is we got our courses too close together...we got our main dish within a minute or so of finishing pour appetizer. Would have been nice to have a few more minutes in between. Otherwise, everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceFood4FunDined on 11/8/2014After reading many positive reviews we decided to give it a try. I am glad we did as it was a pleasant surprise. The food and service were excellent - I absolutely loved the humus and spinach wraps brought to the table instead of the usual bread, a very nice touch. We both ordered the rib-eye which was very flavorful and done to perfection. We will definitely go back and would recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Weeknight DinnerChaskaNanaDined on 10/30/2014I entertained an out-of-town friend here on a Thursday evening. It was such a pleasant experience. We weren't in need of a full dinner, choosing instead to have the steak blue cheese salad--a winner, and crab cakes--very meaty and delicious. Our waiter was very accommodating and pleasant. She waited out our talk time and then was pleasant about us waiting for a family member to join us after dinner for a glass of wine. I live in a western suburb, but will make a point of going back. My 'kids' live in the area and I will recommend it to them.Special Features:
- good food... a little priceyMonicaDined on 10/24/2014Copper River has a very nice atmosphere, and it wasn't too noisy to carry on a conversation even when it got busy. The food was delicious, but we spent a little over $100, for my husband and I (without drinks).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for date nightViz3Dined on 10/23/2014Took my wife here after moving to the area. Great ambiance, delicious food (we ate here during Restarant Week). When eating moderately upscale, you wonder about portions and whether there will be enough food to go around. The portions were perfect... we ate everything and felt very satisfied. Our waitress, Amy, did a great job. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- BadBoyDined on 10/22/2014Another awesome meal this week. Glazed salmon was excellentSpecial Features:
- Everything is amazingAshLDined on 10/22/2014We discovered Copper River shortly after moving to the area and it has quickly become our favorite. From birthdays, to graduations, to anniversaries, this is our go to spot for great food, service and ambiance. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Excellent food, great service.DisappointedDined on 10/17/2014Just a really nice place. Great layout. Been there twice now and definitely will be back. Recommend the steak and lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Jeff Belzers Date Night!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Absolutely fabulous! Best swordfish EVER - the plate itself was beautiful and worth it all! Their homemade hummus was great, The hickory smoked sandwich, expresso and cheesecake was all so delish!!!! Can't wait to go again and so can't wait for girls night out there too!! Its time for the southern burbs to have such a great place to dine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and food!MarleyVIPDined on 10/6/2014Made a reservation for the dining room but never made it out of the bar! Great service and excellent food.Special Features:
- Best seafood south of the riverCedar13Dined on 10/4/2014Fish is always cooked to perfection. Never had a bad meal there. Best seafood this far south of the MN river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food....joycarnVIPDined on 10/4/2014As usual, our request for a booth through Open Table was not met. This happens every time. When we walked in the hostess asked if we wanted a booth or table, which tells me they don't reserve for the Open Table people. I told her we had a reservation for a booth or table on the rise, there was only one booth left in the very back of the restaurant which was the empty space. Why don't restaurants reserve tables as requested? What is the point of offering reservations?Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerLakevilletransplantVIPDined on 10/4/2014Had the blackened mahi mahi , which was one of the best cooked and tasty pieces of fish I have eaten out. The salmon BLT was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceGolpherZXDined on 9/29/2014Overall, the food was tremendous in my opinion. It is my new favorite place to go. A decent wine list, with 1/2 price bottles on Monday (at least when we went). One of the better steaks (8 oz NY Strip). The patio looks amazing as well (it was a touch too chilly for a nite on the patio). I look forward to many trips back. The food did take longer to get to us, but as long as the food is great, I'm willing to wait for it.Special Features:
- Great night!retired1Dined on 9/27/2014I haven't been to Copper River for a couple of years, and now I wonder why? We had the best experience; great drinks, food, and excellent service. And, what a lovely venue (inside and out) The menu is perfect for fish lovers (me) but still great for meat lovers (husband). I love the fact they give you choices for how you want your fish prepared (grilled, seared, or broied). I had grilled Ahi Tuna, which was perfectly prepared. We were both more than pleased with our dinner. (Also, I highly recommend the pomegranate martini). We shared the chocolate panna cotta for dessert--yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!VitalHope28Dined on 9/27/2014The food was wonderful - drink/wine list was good. Lots of fresh fish options and even other grilled options were tasty. Server was friendly but was overwhelming to say the least. He probably came to our table 20-30 times throughout the night. While I appreciate attentive service, it was more irritating than appreciated. I think there is a line between making sure your customers are taken care of and not allowing them to enjoy conversations with their guests because of constant interruptions. Nice guy, just needs to tone it back a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well done!katenDined on 9/27/2014Unexpectedly upscale environment, with warm and welcoming staff. The menu choices were extensive, large portions, fairly priced and perfectly done. The patio seating promotes casual visiting with other diners as they seek to choose what to try. The Parmesan Walleye was some of the best I have had. Our group of 7 were well satisfied with the entire experience!Special Features:
- Great food choices.Bigdaddyof3265Dined on 9/20/2014The menu was extremely varied and offered lots of options. Terrific quality. Service was good but not great. The patio looked nice but due to the rain we were not able to enjoy it.Special Features:
- The steak was a hitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The steak was everyone's favorite!! I went with some big steak eaters and many said it was the best steak they ever had! The salmon wAs delicious too. We were celebrating a birthdAy and the creme brûlée was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FriendsWhiteWillowsDined on 9/12/2014First time dining at Copper River and our entire group enjoyed the experience. Our server was exceptional and helpful with explanations of the different dishes. Our group enjoyed the selections of beers and 2 of our favorite dishes of the evening were the Hawaiian Opakapaka and the Parmesan Canadian Walleye. Will definitely be back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodWhopachopaDined on 9/5/2014We really enjoyed our anniversary dinner here. I had the scallops and my wife had blackened snapper. Both dishes were prepared very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationMJAinSaintPaulDined on 8/30/2014We made a reservation and when we arrived we were seated promptly. Our server was able to answer our questions about the menu. We enjoyed the Alaskan King Salmon and the Hawaiian Opakapaka very much. Cooked to perfection and beautifully presented. We did not have a lot of room for dessert, but the chocolate panna cotta was to die for. The lemon cake with chocolate ice cream was exceptional, too. We keep on recommending this restaurant to our friends, and we keep on hearing how much they enjoy dining here.Special Features:
- Special NightWineDine54Dined on 8/23/2014Great dining experience. Food satisfied all of our party of 6. The restaurant was quiet, clean, and nice. We should have sat outside and enjoyed the live music. Will definitely be back for next special night out.Special Features:
- Always greatKristinDined on 8/13/2014We took another couple there for dinner. Every meal was incredible from steak to seafood! Very creative chef with wonderful flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingAmazingVIPDined on 8/4/2014Love Copper River. We went for my husbands birthday and could not have had a better experience. Great food, wine and service. We will back with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice relaxing DinnerSeniorguyDined on 8/2/2014This was our first visit. We had the salmon and the scallops, both were very good and the service was excellent. We will come here again and try other menu choices. Don't understand why the place is not full of patrons on a Sat. evening. Perhaps the building should have a theater type marquee at the entrance to attract more attention.Special Features:
- The following 426 reviews are from the Copper River Fish & Chop House reviews archive.
- PattyVIPDined on 7/25/2014Unfortunately we didn't want a lunch and they accommodated us with dinner choices....we picked halibut, and scallops. They were both very good choices and a delicious piece of cheesecake as dessert - outstanding. Wonderful service and a great meal overall. Thanks to Copper River!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotFritzVIPDined on 7/24/2014We really enjoyed our Copper River salmon with a glass of wine for lunch, and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowDawnerVIPDined on 7/24/2014we visited in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday and the place was empty. Despite that, our food took almost an hour to arrive. gorgeous place and good food but we had to take it to go.Special Features:
- DisappointedVegasDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I have been eating there for the past couple if years. I have always enjoyed the surf and turf appetizer, filet with asparagus and mashed potatoes and cocktails. We went out to eat on Saturday night and desided that we would change things up. We started with the crab cakes. I think they must have changed how they are prepared. It was cold in the inside and the outside was heavy due to the batter. My husband had the prime house burger - that he did not finish. Very dry. I had the steak house salad. Asked for it Medium and came out rare and had lots of fat on it. I sent it back and the same piece was on my plate just spread open. I am bummed ..... I really like the food here and will give it one more chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RBMNVIPDined on 7/19/2014beautiful patio, and reasonably priced fun to eat happy hour food.Special Features:
- it was OkALB99Dined on 7/18/2014The food was good but not great. Service was wonderful. Had alot of fish and seafood to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKfabarooDined on 7/12/2014Based on the price point, I would have to say the food was just OK. Not Great. When I spend that kind of money, I expect better then OK.
- Nice dinnerBossladyDined on 7/11/2014My friends and I enjoyed a lovely dinner on a Friday night. The restaurant was pretty quiet.the service was good despite it being the servers first night. I would definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEMarkDDined on 7/5/2014Cooper River never fails to amaze me! Menu is unique and has something for everyone. If you think you need to go downtown for a great meal, reconsider and go to Copper River. The staff is very attentive and the food is over the top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Place!!!DissapointedDined on 6/21/2014We celebrated my son's 17th birthday we had an excellent experience over all. Nice touch with the personalized menus. Our server was the best. Great menu and great food!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Always - AmazingslaccDined on 6/20/2014This was our sixth time at Copper River. Once again, we had an amazing meal and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.