Copper River Fish & Chop House
17516 Dodd Blvd
Lakeville, MN 55044Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Copper River Fish & Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.crfishandchop.com/
- Phone: 9524322722x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Hours: Monday-Saturday 11:00 A.M.-3 P.M.
Closed For Lunch Sunday
Dinner Hours Monday-Thursday 4:00 P.M.-9:00 P.M. (Bar @10:00 P.M.)
Dinner Hours Friday-Saturday 4:00-10:00 P.M. (Bar @12:00 A.M.)
Sunday Dinner 2:00-9:00 P.M.
Happy Hour Daily 3:00pm-6pm (Drinks until 7:00pm)
Happy Hour also runs on Friday & Saturday from 9:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Bill Alt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Copper River Fish and Chop House is available for off-site catering, and would be honored to be a part of your next special event!
Special menu design and large group options always available.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private dining room available, with seating for up to 55 people.
Perfect for rehearsal dinners, alumni groups and local sports teams!
Full restaurant buy-outs always an option.
- Private Party Contact: Bill Alt 9524322722x
- Entertainment: Private Room
- Special Events: A semi-private room is offered for groups of up to 55. Please email with questions.
A word from Copper River Fish & Chop House
Copper River Fish & Chop is your downtown restaurant south of the river. Our fresh shellfish and seafood comes in daily, offering "LOCAL CERTIFIED HEREFORD BEEF"! Menu prices range from $8.95 to $38.95.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Copper River Fish & Chop House - Best Restaurants in Lakeville ›
Copper River Fish & Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (30)special occasion (30)fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (14)romantic (11)great for lunch (10)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- The steak was a hitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The steak was everyone's favorite!! I went with some big steak eaters and many said it was the best steak they ever had! The salmon wAs delicious too. We were celebrating a birthdAy and the creme brûlée was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FriendsWhiteWillowsDined on 9/12/2014First time dining at Copper River and our entire group enjoyed the experience. Our server was exceptional and helpful with explanations of the different dishes. Our group enjoyed the selections of beers and 2 of our favorite dishes of the evening were the Hawaiian Opakapaka and the Parmesan Canadian Walleye. Will definitely be back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodWhopachopaDined on 9/5/2014We really enjoyed our anniversary dinner here. I had the scallops and my wife had blackened snapper. Both dishes were prepared very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationMJAinSaintPaulDined on 8/30/2014We made a reservation and when we arrived we were seated promptly. Our server was able to answer our questions about the menu. We enjoyed the Alaskan King Salmon and the Hawaiian Opakapaka very much. Cooked to perfection and beautifully presented. We did not have a lot of room for dessert, but the chocolate panna cotta was to die for. The lemon cake with chocolate ice cream was exceptional, too. We keep on recommending this restaurant to our friends, and we keep on hearing how much they enjoy dining here.Special Features:
- Special NightWineDine54Dined on 8/23/2014Great dining experience. Food satisfied all of our party of 6. The restaurant was quiet, clean, and nice. We should have sat outside and enjoyed the live music. Will definitely be back for next special night out.Special Features:
- Always greatKristinDined on 8/13/2014We took another couple there for dinner. Every meal was incredible from steak to seafood! Very creative chef with wonderful flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingAmazingVIPDined on 8/4/2014Love Copper River. We went for my husbands birthday and could not have had a better experience. Great food, wine and service. We will back with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice relaxing DinnerSeniorguyDined on 8/2/2014This was our first visit. We had the salmon and the scallops, both were very good and the service was excellent. We will come here again and try other menu choices. Don't understand why the place is not full of patrons on a Sat. evening. Perhaps the building should have a theater type marquee at the entrance to attract more attention.Special Features:
- PattyVIPDined on 7/25/2014Unfortunately we didn't want a lunch and they accommodated us with dinner choices....we picked halibut, and scallops. They were both very good choices and a delicious piece of cheesecake as dessert - outstanding. Wonderful service and a great meal overall. Thanks to Copper River!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotFritzVIPDined on 7/24/2014We really enjoyed our Copper River salmon with a glass of wine for lunch, and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowDawnerVIPDined on 7/24/2014we visited in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday and the place was empty. Despite that, our food took almost an hour to arrive. gorgeous place and good food but we had to take it to go.Special Features:
- DisappointedVegasDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I have been eating there for the past couple if years. I have always enjoyed the surf and turf appetizer, filet with asparagus and mashed potatoes and cocktails. We went out to eat on Saturday night and desided that we would change things up. We started with the crab cakes. I think they must have changed how they are prepared. It was cold in the inside and the outside was heavy due to the batter. My husband had the prime house burger - that he did not finish. Very dry. I had the steak house salad. Asked for it Medium and came out rare and had lots of fat on it. I sent it back and the same piece was on my plate just spread open. I am bummed ..... I really like the food here and will give it one more chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RBMNDined on 7/19/2014beautiful patio, and reasonably priced fun to eat happy hour food.Special Features:
- it was OkALB99Dined on 7/18/2014The food was good but not great. Service was wonderful. Had alot of fish and seafood to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKfabarooDined on 7/12/2014Based on the price point, I would have to say the food was just OK. Not Great. When I spend that kind of money, I expect better then OK.
- Nice dinnerBossladyDined on 7/11/2014My friends and I enjoyed a lovely dinner on a Friday night. The restaurant was pretty quiet.the service was good despite it being the servers first night. I would definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEMarkDDined on 7/5/2014Cooper River never fails to amaze me! Menu is unique and has something for everyone. If you think you need to go downtown for a great meal, reconsider and go to Copper River. The staff is very attentive and the food is over the top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Place!!!DissapointedDined on 6/21/2014We celebrated my son's 17th birthday we had an excellent experience over all. Nice touch with the personalized menus. Our server was the best. Great menu and great food!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Always - AmazingslaccDined on 6/20/2014This was our sixth time at Copper River. Once again, we had an amazing meal and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too slowwinendineDined on 6/15/2014Food was very good, however, the service was slow. Waitress was excellent, but it took a while from the time the order was placed until we got our food. The place was pretty empty so I didn't understand. I would go back though.Special Features:
- Good grilled fishOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/7/2014I had the grilled halibut - nice char on the outside and moist on the inside. Too many restaurants want to drown the fish in sauce - and they do offer more complex preparations like that, if that's what you like. I like the option of the simple grilled preparation, with a slice of lemon on the side. Mashed potatoes and asparagus accompaniments were very good, too.Special Features:
- AMAZING STEAKAmazingVIPDined on 5/25/2014What can I say 6oz filet best I have ever had. My wife had the tuna. She was in heaven. We will be backSpecial Features:
- The following 412 reviews are from the Copper River Fish & Chop House reviews archive.
- Wonderful dining for 2SoulMatesDined on 5/23/2014We enjoyed the restaurant even before it became the chop house. All around great dining experience. It always delivers. Great servers, very friendly, constant attention to detail without being over bearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedRosemountresidentDined on 5/11/2014The last time we ate here I gave the restaurant a rave review. That, of course, is why we returned. It was Mother's day and we expected the same level of service we experienced before, however, our server did the old "disappearing act." We are not whiny diners: if it is busy we see and understand that service can be affected. However, this was not a busy night. On three occasions, when we needed refills, we had to stop other servers and ask. They were accommodating, and twice went back to the kitchen and got our server to come out. It was just not a really quality experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair food/service, premium pricesJamesMGreeneVIPDined on 5/11/2014I was very excited to try Copper River as I've been looking for a good local "fish house" restaurant. I ordered the blackened mahi mahi, which the waitress assured me was one of their best and longest-standing dishes... it waa junk, and I was sorely disappointed. My wife ordered a New York strip steak, which she also found extremely disappointing. My $9.00 "Copperade" alcoholic lemonade showed up halfway through the meal and barely tasted of alcohol, not to mention being 50% ice. If you're looking for a good steak, chop and fish house, I regret to say that Copper River is definitely not that place. I have no intentions of ever returning.Special Features:
- Great Mother's Day BrunchMNDinerDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed a lovely Mother's Day brunch buffet with our two year old. There was a lot of action so she was very distracted, but the food was good and the atmosphere was eclectic. We would love to come back and try the regular menu because we were very pleased with the brunch buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice evening dinnersimsDined on 5/3/2014This is a local favorite of ours for good seafood dinner. we had the parmesan crusted walleye & Blackened Mahi w/Voodooe sauce. Very generous portion of walleye! Great flavor, but little over cooked.. Same for the Mahi. The Lobster hash was great choice for side. Grilled Asparagus was very flavorful. I would definetaly order again but recommend the chef check his cooking time/temps...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/1/2014We dine at Copper River often. This was the only time our tuna was overdone. We advised the server and a perfectly prepared replacement was there within minutes. Despite us saying it was not necessary to take anything off our bill, the manager offered to make that dish complementary. The new dish was perfect and there within minutes so there truly was no need to reduce the price at all. We finally agreed on half off :) Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasedclubtikiDined on 4/26/2014We celebrated my daughter's 18th birthday at Copper River, and we were pleasantly surprised by the wine list, food selection and service. Unlike many area restaurants, Copper River has a very unique design and décor, an inviting bar area and outside patio with gas fire pit. A large selection of entrée options will ensure everyone can find a suitable dish to enjoy. The flour tortillas served with a garlic dipping sauce were excellent, we asked for seconds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Family DinnerLakevilleFoodieDined on 4/26/2014Overall, an excellent experience. As always, the food was world class. The table service was great. The only negative was upon our arrival, when the receptionist was much more interested in a phone conversation than she was in greeting and seating the people standing in front of her.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingmaryDined on 4/20/2014Copper River should not have a buffet. Everything was fresh from Sam's freezer!
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014Ate here for Easter Brunch. Excellent service, good foodSpecial Features:
- GREAT EXPERIENCEbunnyDined on 4/20/2014Lovely experience at Copper River. We went for Easter brunch, and the food was great had a little bit of everything, and all was good. Bloody Mary's are a meal in themselves. Service was awesome our waitress was Brittany she was awesome. Will diffently go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lasttimeDined on 4/20/2014We had Easter Brunch. The menu was definitely limited for a special occasion. Cool scrambled eggs , no eggs benedict or other specialty foods. It was defintely a mediocre meal except for the bloody mary,s and a delightful bar tender who served us.
- Nice Easter BrunchMytwocentsDined on 4/20/2014Nothing too special but nice enough. Better than cooking at home. I'm sure their regular meals are very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedconstructive4criticismDined on 4/20/2014Easter Brunch...very good prime rib, dry salmon, very good garlic mashed potatoes, cold and dry pork, good cookies but flavorless lemon bars and dry cinnamon rolls, good scrambled eggs, good sausage links and bacon, good french toast, but nothing special, pancakes were wet and stuck together....just not worth 26.95. More like 16.95.
- GreatSeafoodieDined on 4/19/2014The food and ambiance were outstanding!! Will return soon! We had just returned from a vacation on the gulf and were looking for some seafood, and we found the spot! The lobster rolls are to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2014Food was good once we got it, the order was wrong,but they corrected their miatake. They did tale good care of understanding my food allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday nightrarelyeatoutDined on 4/17/2014great place for special celebration. They don't skimp when mixing a drink. Service was excellent- friendly and knowledgable. Walleye was good, but could have done without the tomato compote. Also complimentary crème brulee was wonderful!Special Features:
- Food Lovers DelightTux1025Dined on 4/12/2014Enjoyed another outstanding dinner at Copper River Fish and Chop House with its Alaskan Halibut, fingerling potatoes and succulent asparagus. The halibut was absolutely perfectly prepared to bring out its delicate taste, and included a garnish of tasty salsa that complimented this flaky white fish. Many restaurants skimp on the portion size of halibut, but Copper River provided a generous portion that allowed this diner to savor every bite. My date enjoyed a wonderfully prepared Filet Mignon (black and bleu) with garlic mashed potatoes, and several spears of large tasty asparagus. Mashed potatoes could use more butter to add flavor and keep from being too dry. We look forward to a return trip, and HIGHLY RECOMMEND this dining jewel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.