1502 S Howard Ave.
Tampa, FL 33606Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://copperfishtampa.com/
- Phone: 8132516789
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Wednesday 4:00 until 11:00
Thursday through Saturday 4:00 until 11:00
Bar and Lounge open late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matthew Mangone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from Copper Fish
COPPERFISH offers the finest and freshest regional seafood in America. COPPERFISH is an outdoor patio overlooking luxurious fountain pool and an interior boasting a warm, energetic full-service bar and inviting oyster bar. Our classic, yet comfortable ambiance inspires a relaxed dining experience. The winning combination of superior seafood, premium hand cut steaks, unparalleled atmosphere and first-rate service has garnered the restaurant a loyal following and a storied reputation for value and excellence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Copper Fish - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Copper Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (39)neighborhood gem (37)special occasion (30)great for outdoor dining (30)good for groups (26)romantic (25)hot spot (20)great for brunch (12)notable wine list (10)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The food was great, service was excellent and it has a cool atmosphere. Everything we were looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Copper Fish Tampa, FLBuzzDined on 10/16/2014Great atmosphere, extremely high quality seafood with several great tasting choices - the only thing keeping me from giving overall 5 star is the small wine list. The offered wines are good but I look forward to when they expand both the glass and bottle offering. This is a wonderful place for seafood, classy but relaxed ambiance at a fair and reasonable priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ambienceajdinerDined on 10/3/2014I have read about the restaurant before but never took the time to make my way over there. I decided at the last minute to try to get a reservation, and I'm so glad I did! The interior was gorgeous and cozy, the smell of the wood-burning stove was calming, and the food was phenomenal. Complimentary bread and butter is provided, and the homemade butter is seasoned perfectly. My steak was beautifully charred and paired really well with the seasonal vegetables. Copperfish portions are more generous than I expected so I definitely left satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced but good foodFinedineinTampaDined on 9/28/2014Overpriced brunch - $25 - but good food. Inadequate number of buffet items. Coffee not included - $3.99. Really? Bruce the omelet chef offered the three of us samples of grilled clams, a soon to be introduced item. We never saw the clams or Bruce again. Valet - $5 - didn't bother to open the car door for any of us when we left. Last impressions are sometimes the ones we remember. Suggestions - $25 for brunch and $15 for mimosas should include coffee. Spruce up the salads offered and add a few pastries and desserts.
- Great grilled seafooddatakarenDined on 9/27/2014I had the recommended angry lobster and it was probably some of the best seafood I've ever had. My husband and I both ordered dessert and were disappointed. Neither was good and seemed to be an afterthought. Had to flag the waiter down to get drink refills.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Delicious dinner and a great night with good friends. Ask for restaurant seating if you prefer to not be near the televisions. The ambiance of the sides is very different - but the meal is fantastic no matter where you sit.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceRaggyMomDined on 9/26/2014As always...food was good and service was great. Just wish they would change the menu up a bit and offer different sides with the dishes. Not the biggest fan of quinoa. Love veggies better and selection seems a bit lacking there. Also it would be nice to just order plain blacked, grilled or broiled fish with veggies w/o all the sauces which can be calorie laden. Ambiance is nice. It was crowded so it was loud but not too loud. Decent wine list.Special Features:
- Good place for brunchFoodieDined on 9/26/2014Great sunday brunch, love the bottomless mimosas. Dinner is pretty good too. Service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good For Fish But Avoid The Sushi!!yankee21Dined on 9/25/2014We decided to go to Copper Fish for our Anniversary after hearing rave reviews from our friends. We arrived at 6pm and we were quickly taken to our table. The waiter was prompt to greet us but didn't seem to know the day's specials very well. He kept making mistakes with the featured entrees and constantly opened and closed his check holder to correct himself. If you can't remember then read straight from the list! We then proceeded to order our drinks, Manhattan and their Pear "Signature" cocktail. Both were served fairly late, 10 mins, but they where made well. We then decided to order 2 rolls of sushi. Both rolls were bland in taste and didn't even have the full ingredients as the menu stated. Terrible! Especially for $30 in rolls!
- Best Birthday DinnerSassycakes14Dined on 9/24/2014Amazing, I already can't wait to go back. Food was out of this world good and fresh. The Crème Brûlée they gave me for my birthday was just amazing. You must try this place, I would drive 5 hours for there sushi. Very nice for a date night or girls night out. Cocktails were well priced and good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep the standbyscfjunkyDined on 9/20/2014We have been to Copper Fish many times, and they change their menu frequently which is good thing. But they should continue to serve the old standbys. I was very disappointed the last two times that they did not have one of their signature dishes, their grilled seafood skillet. The skillet is put on a stand on the table. The entree had mussels, shrimp, and claims in a tomato broth with peppers. I believe this is one of their best dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & service!shelleyoDined on 9/20/2014I can't recall our server's name but she was fantastic. We asked for recommndations and opinions and she was always positive but definitely steered us away from some items that weren't her favorite but those that she did receommend were fantastic! We started out with grilled oysters, of course. I personally had a vertical wall salad, crab cakes and the farro risotto. Everything was fresh tasting and delicious. The crab cakes were lump crab with a light dusting of breading on the outside and were served with a corn and jicama slaw that made the crab cakes extra special. The farro risotto was so good I could've eaten it by the bucket! Ended the evening with the creme brulee...yummy! We'll definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food!IntercitycatDined on 9/19/2014This was a family recommendation to celebrate our engagement and the food was absolutely delicious. I definitely plan on going there again.Special Features:
- Hyde Park residentInTheHoodDined on 9/18/2014Frequent often. Great spot. Great food. Good service. Nice comfortable atmosphere and a few choices - inside bar / outside bar / inside restaurant / outside restaurant - I've experienced it all. Start with a cocktail, Lobster rolls and grilled oysters - you'll stick around for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodCammVIPDined on 8/30/2014Food was good but out of our first "2" choices & our reservation was @ 8pm. So we had pick our 3rd choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried 3 times :-(Yummy1234Dined on 8/30/2014Bad, bad, bad! Tried 3 times. Service was bad, outside bar service worse then bad, tables outside stinks like fish and old beer. Yuck!
- Awesome seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/29/2014Great place for lobster, oysters, clams, muscles and much more. Always willing to modify your order to your liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, so so serviceABTampaDined on 8/23/2014Copperfish had great food, except for the grilled oysters which were delicious if you could find the ever-so-small oyster in there. Service was a bit to be desired. It started with our reservation. They only had a seat outside, which we did not want. Then they sat us in the loud lounge even though we has a reservation and the main dining room did not have a lot of people dining. We had two servers - one was great but slow, the other was ok and slow as well. I enjoyed my snapper but I don't know if I'd rush back there.Special Features:
- DisappointingCrawriteDined on 8/23/2014We have eaten here before, but this time was a disappointment. Service was poor as was the food. They were out of a few important items on a Saturday at 5:30.
- CopperfishOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Excellent food and service...will be back next time I am in Tampa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but Menu Needs Some WorkRobbDined on 8/20/2014This place has a hit-or-miss reputation on Urbanspoon, Yelp, and TripAdvisor. My friend and I went to render our own judgment. We had issues with the wine. The list is not good. We ordered a shiraz and cabernet. Both were stale. We tried cocktails. They were -very- weak. My companion stuck with her cocktail while I chose a different wine which I ended up liking -enough-. The food, however, was tasty. Everything was skillfully cooked and plated. The carpaccio was excellent. I heard a lot about the basil-chocolate cupcake, but both of us thought it was dry and more minty than basil-y. The creme brulee was weak and a little liquidy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tampa FavLeeleeDined on 8/19/2014Great dining experience! The Black Grouper with White Truffle Grits is a favorite. Start with the Sushi and end your dining experience with Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake and coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food--terrible seats!BeershebaVIPDined on 8/17/2014A great neighborhood restaurant with an excellent Sunday brunch--unlimited Bloody Marys for $20. The lobster roll is awesome! Unfortunately, the booths are horribly uncomfortable. They sit way too low, and sitting in the middle is like riding a rail. Surely they could find some more comfortable seating for the booths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed to say the leastdmb26VIPDined on 8/16/2014Brought my girlfriends here from out of town on their last night in Tampa. Had very high expectations because I'm a huge fan of Boca, it's sister restaurant. Unfortunately, my high ended upon greeting with our waitress who acted like 3 young adults were a complete waist of her time although we all ordered multiple rounds of cocktails - which were just ok, 4 apps - all decent, and entrees - I had the grouper which was good. To make matters worse it took an hour to receive our dinner. Copperfish has a lot of potential but the overall service completely ruined our dining experience from the get-go. If you're looking for a place with an awesome ambience, great service and excellent food... Try Boca.Special Features:
- DisappointingSTFrequentDinerDined on 8/16/2014First off, the food was really good. The rest of the experience, not so much. We made reservations (obviously, since this is on OpenTable), and when we arrived, the hostess first tried to seat us outside (it was well over 90 degrees), and then in the "lounge" (with the ambiance of a sports bar). I'm sorry, but we are a couple in our 50s, dressed up; who would imagine we wanted to sit outside or in a sports bar? When we said no to both of those, we were seated opposite the door to the women's restroom, right in the walkway for the rest of the restaurant, despite empty tables elsewhere. The service was ... unenthusiastic, but probably competent. Given the prices, there are just a lot of better options in South Tampa.
- Bar Service - Needs a boost.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/14/2014The food was good and the ambience was really nice but the bar service was extremely slow. Our server had a great personality. Only downside was the wait for drinks. Not sure why it took up to 20 minutes sometimes for a drink.
- Great FishJimboDined on 8/13/2014We had dinner at Copper Fish on a Thursday evening and the crowd was moderate. The atmosphere is nice but it was a little warm due to the wood fired grill. But, the smell was awesome due to the same grill. We had the grilled oyster app and it was very over cooked but the entree's were excellent. I had the Grouper and it was prepared perfect. Overall a good experience and i would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MThatcherDined on 8/12/2014Our party truly enjoyed themselves. Great ambiance. Amazing food. Truly a neighborhood gem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Reservations for 7:15pm. At arrival we were told. Your table is outside. Are you kidding me. Outside in August? Why make reservations. But we waited for a table inside. It took 15 minutes to even get drinks. We placed our appetizer order (for their famous grilled oysters). We are not really sure why they are famous, not so special. Regardless they arrived long before our waitress ever came back to get our order. They were out of one of the items we were ordering but instead of giving us time to adjust the waitress just kept talking. So we just went with the fish and chips. Well I think Arthur Treacher's or Long John Silver's could have done better and they wouldn't have been $17.00. Also 4 hostess up front very confused!!!Special Features:
- copperfish trialjoatDined on 8/9/2014food was very good, service was very slow, lots of apologies. Ran out of several items early on a saturday night VERY NOISY tile floors brick walls conversation difficult. $$$$
- Reservations mean nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014We had a reservation at 7:45 am and were not seated till 8:30pm. Could not hear each other speak at all. Not going back unless it changes. Food was good but not worth it. More restaurants to choose from that are available. Karen Speicher
- Good but not greatRedBlurrVIPDined on 8/8/2014Our food was the best part of the meal. But we had some issues...not big ones but lots of little ones. Issues like we were quoted a $15 corkage fee and were charge $20, they do not have any decanters (are you kidding??), the server was rushed and weeded the entire evening, we ordered bottled water and kept getting topped off with tap water from the busser, food came out at different times, etc. Again not huge issues, but enough to be the main discussion of our evening.
- A/C problems, but delicious foodAnnaBananaVIPDined on 8/6/2014I took some friends to Copper Fish for a celebration dinner. The food delicious, but my guests were uncomfortable due to the poor air conditioning. It's August in Tampa, and you know it's hot outside. I have been to the restaurant before, and I have noticed the lack of a/c. My one guest mentioned it to the hostess, and she said it was maxed out. My group seriously wanted to leave, but I convinced them to stay. I bring it up because I have noticed it on previous occasions. But the food was great, and I love the new wall of produce. Hope the A/C improves.
- Service needs improvementMillerDined on 8/5/20142 of us dined on a Tuesday evening. Wait staff seemed understaffed. Polite but slow. Took a while to place an order. Plus there was no bread or anything to nosh on while we waited. Also the hostess asked if a table was ok for us even though she didn't have booths available. Then why do you ask? Service needs improvement for something likened to a steakhouse-style experience. Food was decent. Appetizers were mediocre but the fish entree (grouper) was quite good. Decor was very cool and the vibe was good. Had it not been so hot we would have considered dining outside.Special Features:
- Great Brunch!DJjordanDined on 8/3/2014Went there for Brunch with my wife and had a great meal. The table buffet display was perfectly done you could tell that nothing was a afterthought and presented nicely. The Eggs Benedict was a bit different then a tradional one but was so good with the housemate biscuit and shaved ham. I've never had any fresher sliced fruit before I was told the purchase most of there fruit and vegetables from the farmers market in Plant City and by the taste you can tell. Service was good and really want to go back for dinner! Good job CopperfishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible!finedineDined on 8/2/2014This was the worst dinner I have ever spent over $100 on. My husband and I were celebrating our 28th Wedding Anniversary. We both ordered the Black Grouper entree with grits and truffle oil. It sounded great! It was one of the most expensive items on the menu. Unfortunately, it was very bland. The fish had no taste at all, in fact, I wonder if it was truly grouper. We will NEVER go back. Tampa has many restaurants with better food for a much better price. This is no place for Foodies!! I wish we had gone to The Refinery instead. We have never been disappointed there!
- Unhappy regular customerHSL9051VIPDined on 8/1/2014I have been a regular customer since day one. I brought my family who was in town for my baby shower. Our reservation was not accommodated, lobster was overdone, and crab cakes inedible. Everything else was great. Nothing was done to compensate. C-
- first timeLvon1109Dined on 7/31/2014I've heard great thing about Copper fish and was looking forward to trying it out. Went with a group of 6. Everyone who worked there was very nice and accommodating. It took a little while for our food to come, but in the end it was well worth it. The food was fantastic. Everyone in my party was highly impressed with the food. And because we had to wait so long for our food, the manager comped a round of drinks for the table, even without us complaining about the wait. I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great experienceMikeyLoDined on 7/30/2014Couldn't be happier with the food and service. Everything and more than we expected. Outstanding drinks and appetizers before a wonderful dinner. The grilled oysters are to die for. The black grouper entree was superb. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsFlaPilotDined on 7/29/2014So many restaurants in this location, reputation was mixed. Seafood was great and prepared/presented like a fine dining restaurant. I would call it a surprise find as one of Tampa's best seafood houses.. Bar was,unique preparation of drinks....all,with fresh garnish. Neat.Special Features: