1502 S Howard Ave.
Tampa, FL 33606Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://copperfishtampa.com/
- Phone: (813) 251-6789
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Wednesday 4:00 until 11:00
Thursday through Saturday 4:00 until 11:00
Bar and Lounge open late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matthew Mangone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from Copper Fish
COPPERFISH offers the finest and freshest regional seafood in America. COPPERFISH is an outdoor patio overlooking luxurious fountain pool and an interior boasting a warm, energetic full-service bar and inviting oyster bar. Our classic, yet comfortable ambiance inspires a relaxed dining experience. The winning combination of superior seafood, premium hand cut steaks, unparalleled atmosphere and first-rate service has garnered the restaurant a loyal following and a storied reputation for value and excellence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Copper Fish - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Copper Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (41)neighborhood gem (38)great for outdoor dining (31)special occasion (30)romantic (29)good for groups (27)hot spot (23)great for brunch (12)vibrant bar scene (8)notable wine list (8)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fresh, well prepared and creative cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2014Firstly, it's not a chain restaurant. The food is creative, fresh and tasty. The salmon dish is well balanced. Service at the bar could be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014We love Copperfish. Great place for fresh seafood prepared properly. Side dishes to share. The rice with shrimp and crab was good. Loved the flaming spiced apple pumpkin martini. Fun and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Chef = great foodAnnaBananaVIPDined on 11/11/2014I understand there is a new chef at the restaurant, and he / she is fantastic. The food was delicious. I had the grouper, and it well cooked and served over a hash of mushrooms and root veggies for the fall. Thanks for another great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So cute & artsyStephanieDined on 11/1/2014The atmosphere is adorable & restaurant is decorated beautifuly. One of the best restaurants I've been to in awhile. Great wine list & deals. & great food especially the grilled oysters! Definetly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoriteMichaelDined on 10/30/2014They have a new menu but kept the best from their original menu. The quality of the food was excellent. Everything was fresh and flavorful. The ambiance is perfect for conversation. The staff were attentive and informed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2014Table service was glacially slow for a Wednesday night in an uncrowded setting. Our trio of business women were virtually invisible to the staff and we had to request water refills, inquire about the arrival our entrees---an hour after placing the order---and even request the check. On this particular night our server was also acting as the hostess, bussing tables, and we even wondered if she was in the kitchen plating the food since she was so frequently MIA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishKrystalVIPDined on 10/26/2014A great place to take candidates. There is music playing but it is not overpowering.Special Features:
- Fabulous ExperienceVinoluvDined on 10/25/2014Our experience was so fabulous we went back the next day for brunch. The service was stellar both at dinner and brunch. Must try the signature oyster appetizers. So flavorful you will want to sip every last drop with the piece I'd bread they serve on the side. The steak was so tender you cut it with a fork and the creme brulee was super creamy and not too sweet. Brunch the next day was just as great and plenty of choices like sushi, made to order omlets and waffles just the way I like them, crispy on the outside and fluffy melt in your mouth on the inside. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KrudsDined on 10/25/2014Wonderful Seafood! Great Bouillabaisse and Black Grouper.Special Features:
- DeliciousJoegreenVIPDined on 10/24/2014This is the place for seafood. Nice variety of oysters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all around!XtineDined on 10/24/2014I would absolutely recommend that diners check out Copperfish. The grilled lobster was 2 lbs of pure heaven! Hubby also enjoyed the fish and chips a lot. We will absolutely go back!Special Features:
- JanniVIPDined on 10/23/2014Great dinner spot. Loved celebrating husband's birthday at outdoor booth by pool!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The food was great, service was excellent and it has a cool atmosphere. Everything we were looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Copper Fish Tampa, FLBuzzDined on 10/16/2014Great atmosphere, extremely high quality seafood with several great tasting choices - the only thing keeping me from giving overall 5 star is the small wine list. The offered wines are good but I look forward to when they expand both the glass and bottle offering. This is a wonderful place for seafood, classy but relaxed ambiance at a fair and reasonable priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ambienceajdinerDined on 10/3/2014I have read about the restaurant before but never took the time to make my way over there. I decided at the last minute to try to get a reservation, and I'm so glad I did! The interior was gorgeous and cozy, the smell of the wood-burning stove was calming, and the food was phenomenal. Complimentary bread and butter is provided, and the homemade butter is seasoned perfectly. My steak was beautifully charred and paired really well with the seasonal vegetables. Copperfish portions are more generous than I expected so I definitely left satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced but good foodFinedineinTampaDined on 9/28/2014Overpriced brunch - $25 - but good food. Inadequate number of buffet items. Coffee not included - $3.99. Really? Bruce the omelet chef offered the three of us samples of grilled clams, a soon to be introduced item. We never saw the clams or Bruce again. Valet - $5 - didn't bother to open the car door for any of us when we left. Last impressions are sometimes the ones we remember. Suggestions - $25 for brunch and $15 for mimosas should include coffee. Spruce up the salads offered and add a few pastries and desserts.
- Great grilled seafooddatakarenDined on 9/27/2014I had the recommended angry lobster and it was probably some of the best seafood I've ever had. My husband and I both ordered dessert and were disappointed. Neither was good and seemed to be an afterthought. Had to flag the waiter down to get drink refills.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Delicious dinner and a great night with good friends. Ask for restaurant seating if you prefer to not be near the televisions. The ambiance of the sides is very different - but the meal is fantastic no matter where you sit.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceRaggyMomDined on 9/26/2014As always...food was good and service was great. Just wish they would change the menu up a bit and offer different sides with the dishes. Not the biggest fan of quinoa. Love veggies better and selection seems a bit lacking there. Also it would be nice to just order plain blacked, grilled or broiled fish with veggies w/o all the sauces which can be calorie laden. Ambiance is nice. It was crowded so it was loud but not too loud. Decent wine list.Special Features:
- Good place for brunchFoodieDined on 9/26/2014Great sunday brunch, love the bottomless mimosas. Dinner is pretty good too. Service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good For Fish But Avoid The Sushi!!yankee21Dined on 9/25/2014We decided to go to Copper Fish for our Anniversary after hearing rave reviews from our friends. We arrived at 6pm and we were quickly taken to our table. The waiter was prompt to greet us but didn't seem to know the day's specials very well. He kept making mistakes with the featured entrees and constantly opened and closed his check holder to correct himself. If you can't remember then read straight from the list! We then proceeded to order our drinks, Manhattan and their Pear "Signature" cocktail. Both were served fairly late, 10 mins, but they where made well. We then decided to order 2 rolls of sushi. Both rolls were bland in taste and didn't even have the full ingredients as the menu stated. Terrible! Especially for $30 in rolls!
- Best Birthday DinnerSassycakes14Dined on 9/24/2014Amazing, I already can't wait to go back. Food was out of this world good and fresh. The Crème Brûlée they gave me for my birthday was just amazing. You must try this place, I would drive 5 hours for there sushi. Very nice for a date night or girls night out. Cocktails were well priced and good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep the standbyscfjunkyDined on 9/20/2014We have been to Copper Fish many times, and they change their menu frequently which is good thing. But they should continue to serve the old standbys. I was very disappointed the last two times that they did not have one of their signature dishes, their grilled seafood skillet. The skillet is put on a stand on the table. The entree had mussels, shrimp, and claims in a tomato broth with peppers. I believe this is one of their best dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & service!shelleyoDined on 9/20/2014I can't recall our server's name but she was fantastic. We asked for recommndations and opinions and she was always positive but definitely steered us away from some items that weren't her favorite but those that she did receommend were fantastic! We started out with grilled oysters, of course. I personally had a vertical wall salad, crab cakes and the farro risotto. Everything was fresh tasting and delicious. The crab cakes were lump crab with a light dusting of breading on the outside and were served with a corn and jicama slaw that made the crab cakes extra special. The farro risotto was so good I could've eaten it by the bucket! Ended the evening with the creme brulee...yummy! We'll definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food!IntercitycatDined on 9/19/2014This was a family recommendation to celebrate our engagement and the food was absolutely delicious. I definitely plan on going there again.Special Features:
- Hyde Park residentInTheHoodDined on 9/18/2014Frequent often. Great spot. Great food. Good service. Nice comfortable atmosphere and a few choices - inside bar / outside bar / inside restaurant / outside restaurant - I've experienced it all. Start with a cocktail, Lobster rolls and grilled oysters - you'll stick around for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodCammVIPDined on 8/30/2014Food was good but out of our first "2" choices & our reservation was @ 8pm. So we had pick our 3rd choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried 3 times :-(Yummy1234Dined on 8/30/2014Bad, bad, bad! Tried 3 times. Service was bad, outside bar service worse then bad, tables outside stinks like fish and old beer. Yuck!
- Awesome seafoodJoegreenVIPDined on 8/29/2014Great place for lobster, oysters, clams, muscles and much more. Always willing to modify your order to your liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, so so serviceABTampaDined on 8/23/2014Copperfish had great food, except for the grilled oysters which were delicious if you could find the ever-so-small oyster in there. Service was a bit to be desired. It started with our reservation. They only had a seat outside, which we did not want. Then they sat us in the loud lounge even though we has a reservation and the main dining room did not have a lot of people dining. We had two servers - one was great but slow, the other was ok and slow as well. I enjoyed my snapper but I don't know if I'd rush back there.Special Features:
- DisappointingCrawriteDined on 8/23/2014We have eaten here before, but this time was a disappointment. Service was poor as was the food. They were out of a few important items on a Saturday at 5:30.
- CopperfishOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Excellent food and service...will be back next time I am in Tampa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but Menu Needs Some WorkRobbDined on 8/20/2014This place has a hit-or-miss reputation on Urbanspoon, Yelp, and TripAdvisor. My friend and I went to render our own judgment. We had issues with the wine. The list is not good. We ordered a shiraz and cabernet. Both were stale. We tried cocktails. They were -very- weak. My companion stuck with her cocktail while I chose a different wine which I ended up liking -enough-. The food, however, was tasty. Everything was skillfully cooked and plated. The carpaccio was excellent. I heard a lot about the basil-chocolate cupcake, but both of us thought it was dry and more minty than basil-y. The creme brulee was weak and a little liquidy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tampa FavLeeleeDined on 8/19/2014Great dining experience! The Black Grouper with White Truffle Grits is a favorite. Start with the Sushi and end your dining experience with Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake and coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food--terrible seats!BeershebaVIPDined on 8/17/2014A great neighborhood restaurant with an excellent Sunday brunch--unlimited Bloody Marys for $20. The lobster roll is awesome! Unfortunately, the booths are horribly uncomfortable. They sit way too low, and sitting in the middle is like riding a rail. Surely they could find some more comfortable seating for the booths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed to say the leastdmb26VIPDined on 8/16/2014Brought my girlfriends here from out of town on their last night in Tampa. Had very high expectations because I'm a huge fan of Boca, it's sister restaurant. Unfortunately, my high ended upon greeting with our waitress who acted like 3 young adults were a complete waist of her time although we all ordered multiple rounds of cocktails - which were just ok, 4 apps - all decent, and entrees - I had the grouper which was good. To make matters worse it took an hour to receive our dinner. Copperfish has a lot of potential but the overall service completely ruined our dining experience from the get-go. If you're looking for a place with an awesome ambience, great service and excellent food... Try Boca.Special Features:
- DisappointingSTFrequentDinerDined on 8/16/2014First off, the food was really good. The rest of the experience, not so much. We made reservations (obviously, since this is on OpenTable), and when we arrived, the hostess first tried to seat us outside (it was well over 90 degrees), and then in the "lounge" (with the ambiance of a sports bar). I'm sorry, but we are a couple in our 50s, dressed up; who would imagine we wanted to sit outside or in a sports bar? When we said no to both of those, we were seated opposite the door to the women's restroom, right in the walkway for the rest of the restaurant, despite empty tables elsewhere. The service was ... unenthusiastic, but probably competent. Given the prices, there are just a lot of better options in South Tampa.
- Bar Service - Needs a boost.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/14/2014The food was good and the ambience was really nice but the bar service was extremely slow. Our server had a great personality. Only downside was the wait for drinks. Not sure why it took up to 20 minutes sometimes for a drink.
- Great FishJimboDined on 8/13/2014We had dinner at Copper Fish on a Thursday evening and the crowd was moderate. The atmosphere is nice but it was a little warm due to the wood fired grill. But, the smell was awesome due to the same grill. We had the grilled oyster app and it was very over cooked but the entree's were excellent. I had the Grouper and it was prepared perfect. Overall a good experience and i would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MThatcherDined on 8/12/2014Our party truly enjoyed themselves. Great ambiance. Amazing food. Truly a neighborhood gem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.