Copper Fish on Broadway
416 S Broadway
Cape May, NJ 08204Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Copper Fish on Broadway
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thecopperfishrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6098981555
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: J. Geoffrey Johnson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining is elegant, spacious, and comfortable.
- Private Party Contact: Megan Totos 6098981555
- Entertainment: Entertainment on Saturday nights.
A word from Copper Fish on Broadway
Come join us at the Copper Fish in historic Cap May where you will be welcomed into a world of eclectic, innovative tastes and flavors, amplified by a contemporary, casual chic atmosphere. Chef Geoff Johnson, proud to be the executive chef, creates a unique blend of flavors, which will boldly redefine your expectations. A menu consisting of fresh seafood, such as Brazilian pacu ribs, tuna mignon wrapped in nori. Meat eater's taste buds will also be satisfied with steak & cake and pelican pork, and yes we have choices for vegetarians and gluten-free needs. Join us for dinner; we think you'll like what we've done with our fish.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Copper Fish on Broadway reviews from OpenTable diners
- Everything was outstanding!ahasselVIPDined on 10/20/2012Had a great meal, from appetizers to dessert. We'll be back...
- Food was incredible, we mayDeadheadDined on 10/17/2012Food was incredible, we may have had the place to ourselves. Spent 10 minutes with the chef, really cool guy. This place should be packed, food is the equal of any other 'name' places in a TOUGH food town and we have been to all of them in the last few years. Support this place Cape May!Special Features:
- We have been here before andSatisfied2VIPDined on 10/12/2012We have been here before and have always had an absolutely wonderful experience. The food is DELICIOUS!!! Service great!!!! We will definetly be backSpecial Features:
- The entrance to the restaurentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2012The entrance to the restaurent could be brighter .We passed it and had to go back The dining area could have dimmer lights I had the salmon and it was great including the presentation We would deffinately eat there againSpecial Features:
- I heard they were no longerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/15/2012I heard they were no longer is business i hope this is NOT true. We had a terrific meal there. Enjoyed the server and the BIG A** scallops. BYOB was nice also... . Price great. Short walk from Virginia hotel and Washington Mall.Special Features:
- The hostess squshed our partyKarenKVIPDined on 9/15/2012The hostess squshed our party of 4 in a very tight small table when there seemed to be many other spots. We asked to move to a bigger table,she said she couldn't do it. Many of the larger tables remained unoccupied while we dined. The food was good though.
- one of the best restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2012one of the best restaurants in cape maY. another fantastic meal!Special Features:
- Four of us dined at CopperOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/10/2012Four of us dined at Copper Fish and LOVED everything about it with one exception. Some of the dishes were too salty. It would be appreciated if you were to let this outstanding restaurant know of this problem. Thanks !Special Features:
- Our first trip back in quiteahasselVIPDined on 9/3/2012Our first trip back in quite awhile, and everything was perfect. Outstanding! I highly recommend...
- This was our 3rd time dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2012This was our 3rd time dinning at Copper Fish this summer. Each time has been a very pleasant experience. Chef Geoff's scallops are to die for! (we've had them prepared 3 different ways). I highly recommend giving Copper Fish a try!Special Features:
- Another great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/1/2012Had another fantastic meal here. The food is always amazing, and Scott, our waiter, did a great job managing our table while he juggled two other very large parties (10+). We were quite impressed how he handled the busy Saturday night crowd. Would definitely recommend that you add this place to your list of favorites.Special Features:
- We had a very attentive waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/1/2012We had a very attentive waiter who put in extra effort to please. They are very creative with their fish dishes.
- We dined here on Sunday 8/26OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/26/2012We dined here on Sunday 8/26 with a group of 5. Very poor service from start to finish. Food was good but definitely not worth the prices. This used to be a good restaurant option in Cape May. With so many other better options in CM, I think it will be a while before we return.
- BOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012Greeted warmly but yet again with several Open Table reservation experiences the restaurant did not have our reservation. This despite confirmation emails having been revived. They accommodated anyway and the experience was nice. Don't know if it is a Copper Fish problem or an Open Table problem
- A real find. verything wasHobieDined on 8/25/2012A real find. verything was excellant and quiet wnough so that we could talk.Special Features:
- We have been dining out inLucciVIPDined on 8/24/2012We have been dining out in Cape May for years. I can't believe this was our first time eating here. I would definitely come back.Special Features:
- BYO. Outstanding seafood--innovatiWillHDined on 8/23/2012BYO. Outstanding seafood--innovative, fresh and done with sophistocation but not over the top. Very interesting art to match the Copper Fish theme. Attentive but not intrusive wait service. It is one of my must visits whenever we go to Cape May.Special Features:
- This was my first time atHungryVIPDined on 8/22/2012This was my first time at Copper Fish and I look forward to my return visit. The menu is innovative and found my tuna entree outstanding. A great find!Special Features:
- Simply the best dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2012Simply the best dining experience we've had in Cape May.Special Features:
- As good as everOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2012My wife and I come to Copperfish each summer during our yearly visit to the Cape May/Wildwood area. The food is always delicious and inventive, with dishes we've not seen in other restaurants. This recent trip in August 2012 was no different. Highly recommended to those looking for a unique experience in the Southern NJ area.Special Features:
- A rare disappointmentJohnVIPDined on 8/14/2012We have been to Copper Fish many times both in season and off and loved it. However, this time was a bit disappointing. A bad local band was performing, which was an impromptu decision by the restaurant, making the back room way too noisy. We ate on the porch as a result. The duck, which I've had before, was mediocre at best, being almost tough and the presentation was dismal. The other diners' meals were good, which gave us hope. We are trying to chalk it up as an off night, but that shouldn't happen in high season. We will probably return, but not for a while. It has always been a "go to" place for us, so we are still hopeful it will snap back soon.Special Features:
- 2nd time not a charmgwenoDined on 8/12/2012Really disappointed. We had dined here a year or two ago - shortly after the new location opened. We loved it which is why we returned.... My filet mignon was overdone and the fried potato or onion topping on his tuna was stale and flavorless. Our server was too attentive and returned to the table more than was necessary - it was disruptive. Based on this experience, I would not return nor would I recommend.
- Take a chanceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2012I'm inclined to say I'm surprised that Copper Fish isn't the hottest spot in Cape May, but then I recall conversations with so many people who are afraid of experimentation. You're not safe at the Copper Fish. Instead, you'll confront a wait staff that is outgoing and personable, trying to explain out-of-this-world creations by a chef who refuses to stagnate. Everything here is thoughtfully created from scratch, as if the dish had never been done before. In many cases, like the Pacu Ribs, they probably haven't. So, if you're ready to re-discover what food's supposed to be, stop in and be open-minded. Otherwise, play it safe and go to the Washington Inn, which is quite good as well, but more predictable.Special Features:
- Service was great but outOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/11/2012Service was great but out of three of us that dined there this past Sat. night we all agreed there is much better food at other restaurants in Cape May. Will probably not go back.Special Features:
- PriceydisappointedDined on 8/10/2012The food is very pricey and was pretty good, but lacks creatvity or anything special. Comparable restaurants do a better job for the price. In Cape May I would go to the Ebbitt Room or Peter Shields before going back here. Waiter was good and very personable, but we poured our own wine throughout the meal.
- Much better than expectedLindaDined on 8/10/2012Dinner was very good. Varied menu and some interesting choices. My husband had the meatloaf with lobster and said he would come back for it again. Big news from him. Dessert was also rather yummy. We all liked our food. Not one complaint.Special Features:
- Excellent findOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/9/2012This was our first of many upcoming visits to the CopperFish. The food was excellent and our waitress was one of the best we've ever had. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- disapointing, place seemedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/8/2012disapointing, place seemed empty, service confusing, had to send a meal back. Not sure if this will make it
- can't go wrong hereyophillyVIPDined on 8/4/2012Every meal was well prepared and deliscious. Lobster, duck, scallops, and tuna were done extremely well.The salads and appetizers were great. This was our 4th visit in 2 years and I'm sure we will be back with friends again.Special Features:
- Chef needs a time out!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/2/2012Where do I start. My husband and I had a reservation for 7:00. When we arrived the restaurant was practically empty, not a good feeling walking into an empty restaurant. I ordered the scallops and they weren't available. I ordered a glass of club soda, they were out of it. A few minutes after we arrived we heard commotion in the restaurant and thought it was a customer complaining. It was the chef, cursing his head off! The whole restaurant heard him. He was throwing around four letter words like he was alone. Not very professional. As it turns out, the freezer had broke and he was upset. Our meal was ruined, we did not enjoy our food and left as soon as we finished. We will not be back.
- our party all enjoyed thepaulDined on 7/24/2012our party all enjoyed the yellow fin tuna while each ordered a variety of appy/salad. will highly recommend
- A Cape May must try!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/24/2012Loved the experience, the food, the service, & the ambiance. The server was attentive without being overbearing and was very knowledgable about the dishes and helpful in selecting appetizers, entrees, and dessert. Wished there was a wider selection to include poultry or combined surf & turf dishes. Perhaps an expanded appetizer section for an informal tapas? Nonetheless, the food quality was excellent. Very nice atmosphere without being pretentious.Special Features:
- Excellent food - should considerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/22/2012Excellent food - should consider a kids menu as they are located in a family resort town. Not kid friendly at all. Service & food excellent.
- Very Good Food. We had a 530pmOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012Very Good Food. We had a 530pm reservation, showed up at 5pm and was seated right away. i would eat here again tomorrow. We were the first diners for the night.Special Features:
- Unacceptable serviceFredVSrDined on 7/20/2012The food was inventive and prepared almost to perfection. The fish dish we ordered was slightly over cooked but this alone didn't detract from the obvious skilled preparation. The setting is top notch. As excellent as the food and surroundings were, though, the service bordered on insulting. There was a large party at the time and the entire resources of the restaurant must have been focused on that one party. When the staff did direct their attention our way, it felt rushed and insincere. Perhaps for this reason, when it came time to pay our bill, $1,000 was added to our charge and the waiter seemed to have no clue as to how to correct it. At this level, a restaurant should be able to provide good service to all its patrons.
- Terrific mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/14/2012Another awesome dining experience. Can't find better quality of food anywhereSpecial Features:
- I have been to Cooper FishLindyVIPDined on 7/13/2012I have been to Cooper Fish many times but the service is not as good as the previous visits. The food is not great as it used to be. I most likely will not return.
- Came back to Copperfish afterdinaglio45VIPDined on 7/2/2012Came back to Copperfish after a two year absence caused by inflated price and minimized portions. Cost is still too high but portions were significantly larger and we did not leave hungry. Food was delicious; service was professional and prompt. We will return.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood spotWonderfulVIPDined on 6/9/2012I had the fish branzino special and it was quite nice. My husband was somewhat underwhelmed by the kobe lobster meat loaf and the wine list. We liked that we could walk from our b&b, Highland House. It looked like it had been remodeled recently, very pleasant. If they ever did outdoor dining, I'm sure it would be a hit.Special Features:
- We have not been to Coper2eatVIPDined on 5/27/2012We have not been to Coper Fish in several years. It lost it's mojo about 5 years ago. So we decided to give it another try and we are glad we did. Our waitress was spot on with her recommendations for what to order. A must try is the black and blue mussels.....save the bread for dipping in the sauce at the bottom. Hummy! We will be returning.Special Features: