111 E Broadway, Suite 190
Salt Lake City, UT 84111Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.coppercommon.com/
- Phone: 8013550543
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 1:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ryan Lowder
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Edison St
- Public Transit: There are plenty of UTA bus stops and trax stations located within a short 10 minute walk
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We are located next door to a large parking structure with plenty of space for diners to park as well street parking for added convenience.
A word from Copper Common
Copper Common is the first of its kind in downtown Salt Lake City. With a full restaurant menu in a bar setting, the experience is unmatched. Whether you come in to try some of our house-crafted cocktails, delicious house-made pickles or one of our larger entrée options, there's something for everyone at Copper Common. Using lighting and decoration in an homage to Thomas Edison (We are adjacent to Edison St.), there's a sense of nostalgia with a touch of modernity everywhere you look.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Copper Common reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (12)fit for foodies (9)great for outdoor dining (8)hot spot (7)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (5)romantic (3)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great pre-movie dining spot!UsefulDined on 9/12/2014We love to dine here before catching a movie at the Broadway. The small plates menu is perfect for not filling up on a heavy meal before sitting through a film and just feels like a little indulgence! The service is very fast and attentive when you don't have a lot of time but you can also linger a little bit when you do! We came here once when we only had about 30 minutes before a film started and were able to get a glass of wine and a few small plates delivered to our table in minutes - we enjoyed a lovely meal and made it to the theater in plenty of time! I don't recommend doing it this way, however, as the food is too good to gobble down that quickly and is worthy of being savored...Special Features:
- Great addition to SLCCarolVIPDined on 8/28/2014Finally got to try this new hot spot with a visiting friend. We had cocktails which were delicious, and the specialty deviled eggs, fried chicken, lobster spaghetti and lobster salad between the 3 of us. Plus chocolate dessert! Everything was perfectly done and tasted divine. My spaghetti was pretty rich, but I was warned about that and went for it anyway thinking I'd save half to take home for leftovers. I ate the whole thing- so delicious. The server was very knowledgeable and everything was just right- food- drinks- service- timing. It's very comfort-food-style, so not many lighter, healthier options, but a splurge that was worth it! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Love the tots!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014Brought some out of town colleagues and they loved this place. The tator tots were a hit along with the wings. Service was a little slow and drinks were empty for awhile before our server finally reappeared. But food more than made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerGCharikerDined on 8/3/2014Copper Common has a unique drink list and an interesting menu. The Lobster spaghetti was delicious. The flourless chocolate cake was awesome! Nice ambiance for a lovely evening after theater dinner.Special Features:
- Loved it!kjh90210Dined on 7/12/2014My husband and I went to Copper Common for a date night. The cocktails and beer list were fabulous (they had out favorite beer on tap). We love the small plates style but for those wanting an entree they had fabulous selections as well. The service was great and dessert for awesome. This will definitely be a date night staple. Not to mention you can stop next door and see a movie before or after!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- void filled in SLCCarlyDined on 6/27/2014Copper Common was desperately needed in this city! Love the food (who wouldn't want to eat Copper Onion's menu but bar style), great cocktails and the urban ambiance transports you to NYC or Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SelectionyumyumDined on 6/14/2014We went for the first time this last weekend. I loved everything about it. The service was excellent, the menu had a good variety.We had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 7 reviews are from the Copper Common reviews archive.
- CC's a hit77aggie2Dined on 5/15/2014A very good complement to Copper Onion. The special of the day—Fish & Chips—was very good. We have dined at Copper Onion many times; this was the first visit to Common and we'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty saladLydiaSullivanIIDined on 5/5/2014I took my husband there for his birthday. We has great drinks, great oysters and pretty good service. The downside was the 'larger' portion food. The Chopped Louie salad was so salty I didn't want to take more than a few bites. The lettuce itself was overly salty. The lobster spaghetti was decent. I don't suggest this place for a dinner but great for drinks and snacks.Special Features:
- Welcome to the NeighborhoodmmarkerVIPDined on 4/24/2014I love this new addition to downtown. I've had the Edison Mule every time I've been and it has a refreshing, thirst-quenching flavor, perfect after a long day at work. The Bar bites menu is limited but the avocado toast, corned beef and pickled eggs, and chicken croquets all were tasty. The dinner menus is limited as well but on our last visit the table had the patty melt, fried chicken, steak and fries, as well as, the chicken wings. Not one of us was disappointed. We will definitely put Copper Commons in our rotation of locally owned establishments we like to frequent.Special Features:
- I really wanted to like it, but....OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/20/2014I am a fan of Copper Onion, so wanted to try their new place. The folks that served us were very nice. I do not have a complaint about them. But, the bartender that they were having to depend on, I cannot say the same. The place was less than 1/2 filled, and it literally took forever to get our drinks. I ordered a glass of wine (FYI - wines by the glass, the list is VERY small) and my companion ordered a mixed drink. I realize that the mixed drink can take longer... but my companion was watching him at the bar. It seemed like everything was going in slow motion, and he did not have many orders to fill. Have so much more to say - but I have ran out of allowed characters. Doubt we will return. Drinks are overpriced compared to the quality.Special Features:
- I felt as if I were in a hotbrowneyedsusanVIPDined on 4/13/2014I felt as if I were in a hot spot in San Francisco...the cocktails, the entrees, apps and service were all fabulous! A great addition to downtown SLC!Special Features:
- Another great evening.JumpingCatDined on 4/7/2014Second time here. Spot on service & food. Looking forward to round three!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome addition to SLCJumpingCatDined on 3/31/2014We were met with a warm greeting & immediately seated. The cocktail list was priced well and the drinks themselves were very creative and absolutely Delicious. Food was in line with The Copper Onion style of cuisine (which is outstanding in my opinion); the mussel special was perfect & even more perfect with a carafe of Chardonnay to chase it! Service was on point and the general feel of the place really pleasant and unpretentious. See you all again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.