Copper Canyon Grill - Silver Spring
928 Ellsworth Dr
Silver Spring, MD 20910Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Copper Canyon Grill - Silver Spring
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ccgrill.com/
- Phone: (301) 589-1330
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday and Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please contact email@example.com to learn more about our private event spaces for your special celebration or business meeting.
A word from Copper Canyon Grill - Silver Spring
With a unique focus on creating an inviting upscale dining experience, we serve fresh, familiar food in a high-energy, sophisticated casual setting. Our chefs prepare full-flavored food from scratch daily, using fresh seasonal ingredients. We stay true to classic American comfort food that is simple, but deliciously prepared. A knowledgeable team approach provides unwavering attention to delighting our guests with warm and consistent service. Copper Canyon Grill's timeless atmosphere appeals to discerning adults who are seeking a dining experience that is energetic, upscale but approachable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Copper Canyon Grill - Silver Spring reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (58)fit for foodies (47)neighborhood gem (46)special occasion (43)vibrant bar scene (37)great for lunch (33)hot spot (32)romantic (21)late-night find (19)great for brunch (16)great for outdoor dining (16)kid-friendly (15)notable wine list (10)scenic view (7)Show More
- excellent rotisserie chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014With a 17 spice rub the rotisserie chicken is delectable. The mac and cheese is alalso delicious. They have a team service system, which actually means you may be neglected a bit more because there is an assumption that someone else already filled your water glass. Overall the food is stand out and worth missing a glass of water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014Very good veggie burger!! Even though overwhelmed with tables, our server (and the rest of the restaurant's team) work together to provide superior service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerDined on 11/14/2014The staff was great, very courteous and polite. They went above and beyond to accommodate my guest and I during our dinner. They understand how to keep a customer happy and satisfied. The food was good as usual and the atmosphere was very comfortable.
- Great choice in Silver SpringMSUMindyDined on 11/11/2014We had a wonderful experience at the Copper Canyon Grill. The bar scene doesn't make it lively, but we were able to converse. The wait staff was all friendly and efficient. The menu provides literally "choices for anyone" at a reasonable price. Our waitperson, Brandon, was professional and hospitable. He checked with us often to be sure we were happy with our food and service. I had the filet steak salad. It was terrific. My husband had Tortilla Soup and the Cloak and Dagger Sandwich, which he could not finish. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Chain RestaurantJimmyDined on 11/9/2014Good chain restaurant food. The food was well-seasoned and dishes were well-coordinated in terms of flavors and selections.Special Features:
- Great EveningapplepieDined on 11/9/2014We had a great time at the Copper Canyon Grill. Apple Pay through open table worked flawlessly. The salmon appetizer was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food But LoudwouldBchefDined on 11/8/2014I was looking forward to an earlyish dinner with an old high school friend that I see once every couple of months or so to catch up on our lives. She had the salmon, which she seemed to enjoy, and I had the ribeye special with mashed potatoes and green beans. The steak had been aged and was cooked perfectly. the mashed potatoes and green beans were both seasoned and were extremely good. Our server was fantastic and seated us in a booth instead of a table in the back when we asked. But the noise level was outrageous! I don't know if it was the acoustics in the room or if it was really just that loud, but we could barely hear each other talking across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Met a few friends for dinner. We did not have to wait at all our table was ready when we arrived. The food and service were excellent.
- InterestingKathleenDined on 11/6/2014I always go to the cooper canyon in Largo. For some reason I think that one is betterI would recommend this to a friend.
- way too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/5/2014we could not enjoy our conversation or food due to the noise. It was way to LOUD.Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2014My girlfriend raved about this place for a Sunday brunch. I must say I was underwhelmed. It was OK but not as good as she said. Even she was disappointed. She ordered the Filet Mignon Benedict and requested her meat medium, I had the Farmer’s Market Egg White Omelet and requested the Filet Mignon on top of it. They said yes but it would be an additional $10 so I told them to skip the Filet. I also ordered a salad with vinegar dressing. My salad came out with their house dressing on it and the vinegar dressing on the side so I had to send it back. My girlfriend's meal came out with raw meat. When it returned the eggs were over cooked and the meat was closer to well done. The food tasted good, kitchen failed. They offered free desert we did
- Great Date Night!!FoodGroupieDined on 11/1/2014I took my fiance here for his birthday and he loved it!! He took so much time looking at the menu because he couldn't decide from all choices. The ambiance was great and made for an even more romantic night. I can't wait to come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service makes you king and queenBillDined on 10/31/2014The staff treats you like royalty. Kudos to the management for instilling such a norm in the work force.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for TwoEatUpChowDownDined on 10/30/2014Excellent environment with speedy service and great food. What more to ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pit stop before the FillmoreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2014Stopped by Copper Canyon before a concert at the Fillmore for a bit of nourishment and libation. The food was prepared well and served very quickly. The team-style management of wait service accommodated us well as we were under time constraints to get to the concert. Copper Canyon's menu of well-prepared comfort food complements the need for having a meal that is good and fast. I took a slice of key lime pie to go!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Excellent Service and FoodCCFanDined on 10/26/2014I am a frequent customer of Copper Canyon and I have never had a bad experience. I love the fresh, well-cooked food and the friendly service. I'm so glad this restaurant is close to DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't BotherwillnotgobackDined on 10/26/2014The crab cakes were way too salty and the Pot Pie was dry. My glass of wine was delivered 5 minutes after the other drinks, and it took 10 for the bill to come after asking for it. We won't go back to any of the locations.
- fresh and flavorfullMPMSVIPDined on 10/24/2014Nicely appointed interior, the noise level made it difficult to carry on a conversation however. Food was fresh with non traditional combos and worked. Crab cakes were very good, house and caeser salad as well.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/19/2014Everything we had was wonderful. Best coconut shrimp and fiesta egg rolls and the Short smoked Salmon was out of this world. Huge servings so had leftovers as well.Special Features:
- TeeJayDined on 10/19/2014I really appreciate the accommodations that was provided for me and my party it was more than four in attendance. The waitress was fantastic and her waitstaff. I will be returning for future events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud for conversationILikeGoodFoodICannotLieDined on 10/17/2014The food at Copper Canyon was ok, but nothing special. We thought the rack of ribs was the best meal ordered by the 4 of us. My ahi tuna salad was fine, but the mango was under ripe and the avocado overripe with black spots; and I wish I had been warned that there was a ball of wasabi paste hiding under the salad directly across from the very orange pickled ginger. The server was attentive and the food was served hot. Our biggest complaint was the noise level, we were seated in a large booth that had an odd arrangement two of us faced outward, like judges on Chopped. We had to shout to hear each other. Enetually we gave up, and left to find dessert and coffee elsewhere. We want to find a fave in Silver Soring, but Copper Canyon isn't it.Special Features:
- Great TimeMsfoodie08Dined on 10/10/2014I always have a great time with family and friends when I come here. Making reservation through opentable was great and I didn't have to wait. The food is wonderful and love the firt-Tini drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable eveningGailDined on 10/6/2014We celebrated my friend's birthday with excellent food and outstanding service. And we got a free dessert to boot.Special Features:
- service was poorlovediningoutDined on 10/5/2014Had brunch, it was 5 at our table, the waiter was very slow getting tea, orange juice, water. He forgot to bring milk 3 times. He forgot to bring bacon for one guest. The saving grace was that the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CHICODined on 10/3/2014Based on the name, we expected a Mexican restaurant. However, it's not that. It's a neighborhood American restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseKloud9Dined on 10/3/2014Booked reservation solely upon reading online reviews and it was even better than anticipated. Easy parking, welcomed by name, good service and food choices. I had the French dip (a little salty, but quite tasty) and my wife had the chicken which was enough for two full meals - one at the restaurant and one tonight during the Redskins game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choiceDissatisfiedVIPDined on 9/29/2014This restaurant was remarkably busy for a Monday night, yet, service was quick and pleasant. From the hostess to the waitress to the support staff, everyone was very attentive. The food was excellent, including ribs, lamb, and meatloaf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, butBcblakeVIPDined on 9/27/2014Everything about the restaurant was great, but the music is way too loud. You have to scream to speak to the person beside you.
- Outside was greatchickdebDined on 9/27/2014We enjoy this place for the food every time we come but it can be noisy. Last night we scored a table on the patio and had a lovely time. Good food and drinks as always and very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A huge disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/26/2014Food was overcooked, tasteless and unappealing. The server was hovering over us to the point of obnoxiousness. Should have concentrated on better food. Additionally….it was super noisy. Last time there…for sure~
- Terrible serviceTrufflehunterDined on 9/26/2014Despite having a reservation we waited 45 minutes for a table. And we still had to flag a waiter to put in our order. The place was so loud we couldn't really talk. The food was one step above TGI Fridays -- nothing special in gigantic portions.Special Features:
- Silver Spring GemChuckDined on 9/23/2014Great food. Chicken special is amazing. Staff was super friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceDH100Dined on 9/21/2014The food was delicious. The service was great. Everyone was friendly and helpful. A wonderful meal and a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- good brunchluvgoodfood25Dined on 9/21/2014I had the eggs with the crab meat. I was skeptical but it was worth the try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm hearts, warm (not hot) foodHappyNeighbor1215Dined on 9/19/2014Great service, cheerful staff, flavorful food but serving plates were cold. Coolness of plates sucked the heat out of the French fries, the tortilla soup, the roast beef sandwich. The bowl of dipping sauce for the sandwich was not big enough to allow dipping the sandwich. However all dishes were packed with flavor. The Manager listened to our concerns and was very supportive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a good experiencetrvlynnDined on 9/19/2014I enjoyed a nice time with friends...the food was good, the atmosphere was nice and it was a memorable experience.Special Features:
- TataDined on 9/18/2014Had open table reservation confirmed. No reservation noted at resteraurant. They were able To accommodate us though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doctorscoopDined on 9/17/2014This was a great find. Walking distance. Nice menu, service, and the food was great. We would definitely come back and bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Go!!QualityFoodLoverVIPDined on 9/16/2014We have loved Copper Canyon for years. The food is always great and the customer service is the best. There has not been a time we and other have not been fully satisfied!! A must for everyone dining list!!Special Features:
- Lunch - it was a hamburger!NameVIPDined on 9/15/2014The one good thing about the hamburger: it was cooked perfectly - medium as requested. The fries were room temperature, but then, really thin fries do not retain their heat for long. The flavor of the hamburger and fries were OK. Service was good. A bit noisy for lunch.