Copper Canyon Grill - Silver Spring
928 Ellsworth Dr
Silver Spring, MD 20910Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Copper Canyon Grill - Silver Spring
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ccgrill.com/
- Phone: 3015891330x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday and Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our private event spaces for your special celebration or business meeting.
A word from Copper Canyon Grill - Silver Spring
With a unique focus on creating an inviting upscale dining experience, we serve fresh, familiar food in a high-energy, sophisticated casual setting. Our chefs prepare full-flavored food from scratch daily, using fresh seasonal ingredients. We stay true to classic American comfort food that is simple, but deliciously prepared. A knowledgeable team approach provides unwavering attention to delighting our guests with warm and consistent service. Copper Canyon Grill's timeless atmosphere appeals to discerning adults who are seeking a dining experience that is energetic, upscale but approachable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Copper Canyon Grill - Silver Spring reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (59)neighborhood gem (54)good for groups (49)special occasion (48)great for outdoor dining (40)vibrant bar scene (38)fit for foodies (37)great for brunch (33)hot spot (31)romantic (29)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (8)notable wine list (5)Show More
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014The restaurant is an upscale restaurant but after making reservations on open table for our aniversary and hoping that it will be an enjoyable time with my husband, I was so disappointed. There was nothing on menu for vegetarians and when we thought we chose something on the menu without meat, they had put bacon in the soup. We were so disgusted and disappointed that we left after ordering only a house salad. I will never return or recommend that restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Great timesbdbishopDined on 9/11/2014This is a great casual restaurant! Good food and great service! Food is constituent lay good and the pineapple upside down cake is fantastic!Special Features:
- Good after a busy work dayJW16VIPDined on 8/31/2014We like Copper Canyon because it's close to home and has dependably good food. The servers are very attentive and each one (regardless of their table assignments) appear quite willing to respond to a customer's questions and needs.Special Features:
- Noisy placeMommyDined on 8/30/2014Too noisy. Food Was good but service was mediocre.
- Copper canyon silver springKmjxoxoDined on 8/25/2014I had an amazing experience. The food is amazing and they use fresh vegetables!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for Casual DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014The food is good, the service is good, We sat outside and the atmosphere is really good. I would go back for casual dining.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014Copper Canyon Grill was great! The waitress Victoria was fast and friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okCjaninebDined on 8/23/2014First of all the restaurant was freezing and they couldn't/wouldn't do anything to make it warmer. The lead waitress was ok but there was something a little awkard about her. When the team waiters served our food they didn't know which dish belonged to who so we did a lot of plate shuffling - everyone got the wrong plate and it had to handed to the right person. One waitress leaned over the table and brushed her body over my drink - geesh just walk around the table. My dish just tasted ok , but everyone else really liked theirs. We decided against dessert since it was so cold.
- Not my best night at Copper CanyonMamaCatDined on 8/23/2014We are fans of Copper Canyon Grill, but this evening wasn't so great. Service was slow, which is ok if we are enjoying ourselves at the table & time is passing quickly. The problem was the group at the table next to us. There was a loud, obnoxious gentleman (clearly the "clown" of the group) that insisted on not only talking loudly to get everyone's attention, but he was also making inappropriate comments about people that walked past his table - particularly women. It wasn't funny and I felt as if management should have said something. We were relieved when they left before we did, so we didn't have to worry about what he'd say about us (me in particular) when we left. Management should have engaged him for the sake of other patrons.
- BigRye93Norm45Dined on 8/22/2014The food and the service was very good. The waitress was accomodating by having our meal prepared the way we asked. She was new to the restaurant but she was nice and did a credible job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy to meet with friendsNancyDined on 8/22/2014THe food was good- the wait staff attentive but to be able to hold a conversation... you almost had to yell at your dinner mates. I would go again but maybe at a quieter time. If I had been with my husband instead of with some friends, we would have had to leave.Special Features:
- ACCT#$%ACCT345VIPDined on 8/19/2014I love this restaurant and its sister restaurant Stamford Grille. I've never gotten a bad meal at this restaurant. The service is great. The waiters and waitresses are pleasant and hard working and aid to please the customer.Special Features:
- Good food, loud atmosphereJW113Dined on 8/15/2014The food at Copper Canyon was great, this was our first time here and we were pleasantly surprised by the quality. However, on a Friday night it was very loud so having a conversation was difficult.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014My friend and I enjoy fine dining, and we found a new favorite in Copper Creek. The ambience is comfortably sophisticated. The service is impeccable. The team approach to serving that Copper Creek employs guaranteed that we never lacked for anything. The food was simply delicious. We were lucky enough to dine on a evening when the crab dip appetizer was being offered. My friend knows her crab cakes and says the ones she had Friday night were some of the best ever. My tenderloin was so tender you could have cut it with a butter knife. For a side, I recommend the spinach. We finished out meal by sharing an unexpectedly large slice of excellent key lime pie.Special Features:
- Good, well-prepared comfort foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014My friend and I wanted a good meal and glass of wine before attending a concert at The Fillmore, and have always had good experiences at Copper Canyon. The service was excellent, and the food very tasty. A fitting part of our perfect evening.Special Features:
- Bad Experienceydj911Dined on 8/7/2014I have been to this location several times over the span of 4 years at least 5 times and on this visit my wife ask to come to celebrate her new job in the area. I arrived and was greeted very well and seated with my 2yr old daughter very promptly. I ordered fish sandwich with fries and coleslaw. The sandwich was perfect but the fries were low budget and not even hot, the coleslaw was nasty. My wife ordered shrimp pear salad with cornbread. The shrimp salad was great and pears tasty. however, the cornbread was hard and dry. My daughter had chicken fingers and fries. The chicken fingers were cooked way too hard and the fries low budget looked like out of a frozen bag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BartendersGriffVIPDined on 8/3/2014Paul and the bartending were very attentive to customers' needs. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TCBCDined on 8/3/2014We've enjoyed our dining experiences at this location and the Greenbelt location. The only suggestion would be to have a "Kids" menu or "Kids" sized portions and utensils. The full sized forks were somewhat challenging to our 2 1/2 year old granddaughter to use and the chicken finger and mashed potato portions were much too large for her.Special Features:
- Nice Spot for Pre Movie MealJollyDinerVIPDined on 8/2/2014Located in downtown Silver Spring, this is a great place to grab a meal before a movie. I am glad I made a reservation, I overheard that the wait for a walk in was over an hour and a half. As always, the service at this Copper Canyon is great. My only complaint was that the reservations were running about 15 minutes late, I am not sure this is typical, but this minor inconvenience was worth it for the great food and superb service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating my sister's new job!tmmosudzDined on 7/31/2014Everything was perfect! The service was impeccable. The staff were so attentive. The food was divine. And for dessert, I always go for the bread pudding. Yummy, yummy!!!Special Features:
- Great restaurantFoodie0904Dined on 7/30/2014Great restaurant visited it twice in two weeks. Both occasions was for a business meeting/dinner. But I would come here outside of business.Special Features:
- Good Food & ServiceEating4meDined on 7/30/2014The food and service were good. The wait staff did not rush us which we appreciated. We had an appetizer, entree and dessert that we shared. They had a team of wait staff which seemed to work there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodaaajDined on 7/25/2014I really like this place for sitting outside to dine. This time we tried the inside, but on a Friday night it was busy and so was a bit noisy. We loved our dinner - we both got the filet which came with sautéed spinach and mashed potatoes. I have always been impressed with how they do their vegetables here. Everything is so fresh. Decent selection of wines, too. We enjoyed it.Special Features:
- This placezengothereDined on 7/25/2014is great! My boyfriend and I really enjoyed the meal. He ordered the chicken, which was absolutely delicious, and I ordered the crabcake ----plenty of lumped crabmeat with the bacon mac n cheese! For dessert we had key lime pie....mmmm mmm good! We had two servers who never missed a beat. I've been here two other times and will definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DinnerPromiseDined on 7/22/2014Overall our experience was good. We heve been to Copper Canyon in Lanham Maryland before but never in Silver Spring. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The Mac, Bacon, and Cheese for a resturant was very good. The only complaint was the chef did not understand medium well. I asked for my filet to be cooked medium well and it was under medium. Also the Pork chop special was not that great. It had been grilled so long because of it being a thick piece of meat that it became overcooked and you could taste that char. Other than that you get great size portions and the prices are pretty reasonable. $160 for four adults & 1 child. $20.00 in pinapple juice (thanks to my mother in law) I would reccomend this restaurant! We had a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentjoyofeatingDined on 7/19/2014Excellent experience. The food is always tasty and abundant. Hard to finish the portions. The chicken never disappoints and my filer was perfectly cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Copper Canyon Grill - ExcellentFabulousFoodieDined on 7/12/2014I have been to Copper Canyon several times. Every time is always a good experience. The food and atmosphere is always great! The evening we tried the rattlesnake pasta - is was so light and flavorful. I also had the Pear martini! Fabulous! I always enjoy visiting Copper Canyon it is one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Was not disappointedGirlsNightOutDined on 7/12/2014The service was excellent! The food was ready in a timely manner and delicious! I will definitely eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014All items on the menu sounded fantastic. We went with the signature rotisserie chicken and prime rib at the suggestion of our server. Both were unbelievably good. As was the service, our server was on top of our drink refills all night and very knowledgeable.Special Features:
- LeslyeVIPDined on 7/11/2014The food and the ambience was great. The service was stellar.Special Features:
- Something for everyonechitownladyDined on 7/11/2014The food is always good, it is consistent, and the servers are friendly and attentive. I often sit at the bar and eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014The brunch and the service were excellent. Planning to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptional servicesJD234Dined on 6/29/2014The service was exceptional. We'd Jackson as our server. He was very attentive to our needs and constantly checked on our table at appropriate time. We enjoyed our time and will definitely come back for dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PLACEBeeBeeDined on 6/25/2014EVERYTHING WAS GREAT HERE.... FOOD & DRINKS!! I TOOK MY BESTFRIEND HERE FOR HER BIRTHDAY AND WE BOTH ENJOYED THE FOOD AND FRINK I HAD A WATERMELON SANGRIA AND IT WAS AWESOMMMMMME. I DONT REMEMBER THE HOSTESS NAME BUT SHE WAS WARM, WELCOMING, SWEET AND FUNNY I HOPE SHE'S THERE EVERY TIME I GO BACK!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceDrrap01Dined on 6/23/2014I love this place! Fresh food and great service! The servers are always knowledgeable and I love how they work in teams to maximize the customers dining experience.Special Features:
- Great ServicesperDined on 6/22/2014Our server was excellent. Very friendly and attentive. Made for a great experience.Special Features:
- Not my favorite locationdiningout4Dined on 6/22/2014The food at the Cooper canyon in Gaithersburg is much better . Bread pudding is served warm and my usual calamari wasn't grease soaked at the Gaithersburg location. Also the atmosphere is more adult in Gaithersburg. I won't be going back to the one in silver springSpecial Features:
- Amazing as Always!!Foodie4LifeDined on 6/22/2014Copper Canyon never disappoints, except whenever I visit and they don't have the poblano appetizer!! I need to start a petition to bring that dish back as a regular menu item;-)) Their service staff is exceptional, we've never had a bad experience. Our server, Yousef was awesome during our most recent visit for a retirement/father's day celebration. In addition to the specials, he even shared items that were available but not necessarily on the menu. We use any excuse to visit and Silver Spring is our favorite location. Oh and the glazed carrots are scrumptious.Special Features:
- Thrilled us againMrsPicky1Dined on 6/20/2014MSG-free spot with outdoor fireplace for year-round outdoor dining; best key lime pie w/ home made whip cream (Fav take out item!); fine dining without stuffy dress codes; Great svc; Generous portions of well seasoned (NOT MSG-d!) food - Fav's so far: Prime Rib; (fork tender, best anywhere) Roasted Ckn/Rib combo (and yummy shrimp skewer not even on current menu that we saw on their web site, described & made upon inquiry without hesitation), Onion Ring Appetizer – very accommodating – side order substitutions always allowed. Know why others raved about it after 1st time there; are blown away by tenderness and flavor of each different dish we try and is rapidly becoming favorite dinner spot. 1st OpenTable online reservation was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebrationmsg1960Dined on 6/18/2014Good food; served quickly. Excellent waitress; attentive but not overbearing. Entrée prices a little high. The reservation was adhered to and implemented by your staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.