Copper Canyon Grill - Silver Spring
928 Ellsworth Dr
Silver Spring, MD 20910Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Copper Canyon Grill - Silver Spring
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ccgrill.com/
- Phone: 3015891330x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday and Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our private event spaces for your special celebration or business meeting.
A word from Copper Canyon Grill - Silver Spring
With a unique focus on creating an inviting upscale dining experience, we serve fresh, familiar food in a high-energy, sophisticated casual setting. Our chefs prepare full-flavored food from scratch daily, using fresh seasonal ingredients. We stay true to classic American comfort food that is simple, but deliciously prepared. A knowledgeable team approach provides unwavering attention to delighting our guests with warm and consistent service. Copper Canyon Grill's timeless atmosphere appeals to discerning adults who are seeking a dining experience that is energetic, upscale but approachable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Copper Canyon Grill - Silver Spring reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)good for groups (45)fit for foodies (41)great for lunch (40)vibrant bar scene (39)special occasion (38)hot spot (26)great for outdoor dining (25)romantic (22)great for brunch (21)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (15)scenic view (8)notable wine list (6)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/19/2014Everything we had was wonderful. Best coconut shrimp and fiesta egg rolls and the Short smoked Salmon was out of this world. Huge servings so had leftovers as well.Special Features:
- TeeJayDined on 10/19/2014I really appreciate the accommodations that was provided for me and my party it was more than four in attendance. The waitress was fantastic and her waitstaff. I will be returning for future events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud for conversationILikeGoodFoodICannotLieDined on 10/17/2014The food at Copper Canyon was ok, but nothing special. We thought the rack of ribs was the best meal ordered by the 4 of us. My ahi tuna salad was fine, but the mango was under ripe and the avocado overripe with black spots; and I wish I had been warned that there was a ball of wasabi paste hiding under the salad directly across from the very orange pickled ginger. The server was attentive and the food was served hot. Our biggest complaint was the noise level, we were seated in a large booth that had an odd arrangement two of us faced outward, like judges on Chopped. We had to shout to hear each other. Enetually we gave up, and left to find dessert and coffee elsewhere. We want to find a fave in Silver Soring, but Copper Canyon isn't it.Special Features:
- Great TimeMsfoodie08Dined on 10/10/2014I always have a great time with family and friends when I come here. Making reservation through opentable was great and I didn't have to wait. The food is wonderful and love the firt-Tini drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable eveningGailDined on 10/6/2014We celebrated my friend's birthday with excellent food and outstanding service. And we got a free dessert to boot.Special Features:
- service was poorlovediningoutDined on 10/5/2014Had brunch, it was 5 at our table, the waiter was very slow getting tea, orange juice, water. He forgot to bring milk 3 times. He forgot to bring bacon for one guest. The saving grace was that the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CHICODined on 10/3/2014Based on the name, we expected a Mexican restaurant. However, it's not that. It's a neighborhood American restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseKloud9Dined on 10/3/2014Booked reservation solely upon reading online reviews and it was even better than anticipated. Easy parking, welcomed by name, good service and food choices. I had the French dip (a little salty, but quite tasty) and my wife had the chicken which was enough for two full meals - one at the restaurant and one tonight during the Redskins game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choiceDissatisfiedVIPDined on 9/29/2014This restaurant was remarkably busy for a Monday night, yet, service was quick and pleasant. From the hostess to the waitress to the support staff, everyone was very attentive. The food was excellent, including ribs, lamb, and meatloaf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, butBcblakeVIPDined on 9/27/2014Everything about the restaurant was great, but the music is way too loud. You have to scream to speak to the person beside you.
- Outside was greatchickdebDined on 9/27/2014We enjoy this place for the food every time we come but it can be noisy. Last night we scored a table on the patio and had a lovely time. Good food and drinks as always and very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A huge disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/26/2014Food was overcooked, tasteless and unappealing. The server was hovering over us to the point of obnoxiousness. Should have concentrated on better food. Additionally….it was super noisy. Last time there…for sure~
- Terrible serviceTrufflehunterDined on 9/26/2014Despite having a reservation we waited 45 minutes for a table. And we still had to flag a waiter to put in our order. The place was so loud we couldn't really talk. The food was one step above TGI Fridays -- nothing special in gigantic portions.Special Features:
- Silver Spring GemChuckDined on 9/23/2014Great food. Chicken special is amazing. Staff was super friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceDH100Dined on 9/21/2014The food was delicious. The service was great. Everyone was friendly and helpful. A wonderful meal and a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- good brunchluvgoodfood25Dined on 9/21/2014I had the eggs with the crab meat. I was skeptical but it was worth the try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm hearts, warm (not hot) foodHappyNeighbor1215Dined on 9/19/2014Great service, cheerful staff, flavorful food but serving plates were cold. Coolness of plates sucked the heat out of the French fries, the tortilla soup, the roast beef sandwich. The bowl of dipping sauce for the sandwich was not big enough to allow dipping the sandwich. However all dishes were packed with flavor. The Manager listened to our concerns and was very supportive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a good experiencetrvlynnDined on 9/19/2014I enjoyed a nice time with friends...the food was good, the atmosphere was nice and it was a memorable experience.Special Features:
- TataDined on 9/18/2014Had open table reservation confirmed. No reservation noted at resteraurant. They were able To accommodate us though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doctorscoopDined on 9/17/2014This was a great find. Walking distance. Nice menu, service, and the food was great. We would definitely come back and bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Go!!QualityFoodLoverVIPDined on 9/16/2014We have loved Copper Canyon for years. The food is always great and the customer service is the best. There has not been a time we and other have not been fully satisfied!! A must for everyone dining list!!Special Features:
- Lunch - it was a hamburger!NameVIPDined on 9/15/2014The one good thing about the hamburger: it was cooked perfectly - medium as requested. The fries were room temperature, but then, really thin fries do not retain their heat for long. The flavor of the hamburger and fries were OK. Service was good. A bit noisy for lunch.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014The restaurant is an upscale restaurant but after making reservations on open table for our aniversary and hoping that it will be an enjoyable time with my husband, I was so disappointed. There was nothing on menu for vegetarians and when we thought we chose something on the menu without meat, they had put bacon in the soup. We were so disgusted and disappointed that we left after ordering only a house salad. I will never return or recommend that restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Great timesbdbishopDined on 9/11/2014This is a great casual restaurant! Good food and great service! Food is constituent lay good and the pineapple upside down cake is fantastic!Special Features:
- Good after a busy work dayJW16VIPDined on 8/31/2014We like Copper Canyon because it's close to home and has dependably good food. The servers are very attentive and each one (regardless of their table assignments) appear quite willing to respond to a customer's questions and needs.Special Features:
- Noisy placeMommyDined on 8/30/2014Too noisy. Food Was good but service was mediocre.
- Great lunch in d'town Silver SpringDinnerOutDined on 8/28/2014Had a great lunch with great service. They have a good wine list and excellent martinis!Special Features:
- Copper canyon silver springKmjxoxoDined on 8/25/2014I had an amazing experience. The food is amazing and they use fresh vegetables!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for Casual DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014The food is good, the service is good, We sat outside and the atmosphere is really good. I would go back for casual dining.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014Copper Canyon Grill was great! The waitress Victoria was fast and friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okCjaninebDined on 8/23/2014First of all the restaurant was freezing and they couldn't/wouldn't do anything to make it warmer. The lead waitress was ok but there was something a little awkard about her. When the team waiters served our food they didn't know which dish belonged to who so we did a lot of plate shuffling - everyone got the wrong plate and it had to handed to the right person. One waitress leaned over the table and brushed her body over my drink - geesh just walk around the table. My dish just tasted ok , but everyone else really liked theirs. We decided against dessert since it was so cold.
- Not my best night at Copper CanyonMamaCatDined on 8/23/2014We are fans of Copper Canyon Grill, but this evening wasn't so great. Service was slow, which is ok if we are enjoying ourselves at the table & time is passing quickly. The problem was the group at the table next to us. There was a loud, obnoxious gentleman (clearly the "clown" of the group) that insisted on not only talking loudly to get everyone's attention, but he was also making inappropriate comments about people that walked past his table - particularly women. It wasn't funny and I felt as if management should have said something. We were relieved when they left before we did, so we didn't have to worry about what he'd say about us (me in particular) when we left. Management should have engaged him for the sake of other patrons.
- BigRye93Norm45Dined on 8/22/2014The food and the service was very good. The waitress was accomodating by having our meal prepared the way we asked. She was new to the restaurant but she was nice and did a credible job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy to meet with friendsNancyDined on 8/22/2014THe food was good- the wait staff attentive but to be able to hold a conversation... you almost had to yell at your dinner mates. I would go again but maybe at a quieter time. If I had been with my husband instead of with some friends, we would have had to leave.Special Features:
- ACCT#$%ACCT345VIPDined on 8/19/2014I love this restaurant and its sister restaurant Stamford Grille. I've never gotten a bad meal at this restaurant. The service is great. The waiters and waitresses are pleasant and hard working and aid to please the customer.Special Features:
- Good food, loud atmosphereJW113Dined on 8/15/2014The food at Copper Canyon was great, this was our first time here and we were pleasantly surprised by the quality. However, on a Friday night it was very loud so having a conversation was difficult.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014My friend and I enjoy fine dining, and we found a new favorite in Copper Creek. The ambience is comfortably sophisticated. The service is impeccable. The team approach to serving that Copper Creek employs guaranteed that we never lacked for anything. The food was simply delicious. We were lucky enough to dine on a evening when the crab dip appetizer was being offered. My friend knows her crab cakes and says the ones she had Friday night were some of the best ever. My tenderloin was so tender you could have cut it with a butter knife. For a side, I recommend the spinach. We finished out meal by sharing an unexpectedly large slice of excellent key lime pie.Special Features:
- Good, well-prepared comfort foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014My friend and I wanted a good meal and glass of wine before attending a concert at The Fillmore, and have always had good experiences at Copper Canyon. The service was excellent, and the food very tasty. A fitting part of our perfect evening.Special Features:
- Bad Experienceydj911Dined on 8/7/2014I have been to this location several times over the span of 4 years at least 5 times and on this visit my wife ask to come to celebrate her new job in the area. I arrived and was greeted very well and seated with my 2yr old daughter very promptly. I ordered fish sandwich with fries and coleslaw. The sandwich was perfect but the fries were low budget and not even hot, the coleslaw was nasty. My wife ordered shrimp pear salad with cornbread. The shrimp salad was great and pears tasty. however, the cornbread was hard and dry. My daughter had chicken fingers and fries. The chicken fingers were cooked way too hard and the fries low budget looked like out of a frozen bag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BartendersGriffVIPDined on 8/3/2014Paul and the bartending were very attentive to customers' needs. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.