Copper Canyon Grill - Glenarden
9300 Taj Lane
Lanham, MD 20706Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Copper Canyon Grill - Glenarden
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ccgrill.com/
- Phone: 3013228600x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday -Thursday: 11:00am - 10:05pm, Friday and Saturday: 11:00am - 11:05pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Copper Canyon Grill - Glenarden
With a unique focus on creating an inviting upscale dining experience, we serve fresh, familiar food in a high-energy, sophisticated casual setting. Our chefs prepare full-flavored food from scratch daily, using fresh seasonal ingredients. We stay true to classic American comfort food that is simple, but deliciously prepared. A knowledgeable team approach provides unwavering attention to delighting our guests with warm and consistent service. Copper Canyon Grill's timeless atmosphere appeals to discerning adults who are seeking a dining experience that is energetic, upscale but approachable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Copper Canyon Grill - Glenarden - Best Restaurants in Lanham ›
Copper Canyon Grill - Glenarden reviews from OpenTable diners
220 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (118)neighborhood gem (118)good for groups (110)great for lunch (89)romantic (71)hot spot (67)vibrant bar scene (64)great for brunch (57)fit for foodies (57)late-night find (38)kid-friendly (32)great for outdoor dining (29)notable wine list (15)scenic view (9)Show More
- Outstanding!CHAR66Dined on 9/14/2014This is one of my favorite places to dine. Outstanding food & service. Great for brunch, lunch, dinner or just an appetizer & drinks. Love the live Jazz band that plays well all the time! Bonus, neighborhood gem!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/14/2014The service at Copper Canyon Glenarden is always first class. Travis, one of the waiters, always remembers our names and everyone greets you with a smile. And the live jazz duo makes the experience even more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable Live Jazz!ShenandoahDined on 9/13/2014I was stunned to see the likes of Bruce Swaim, Eric Reed and Steve Novosel playing at this venue. These are some of the finest jazz musicians on the planet! The crowd didn't seem to have a clue! The venue was extremely noisy and hard to hear the music. On the food side, the rotisserie chicken is fantastic! The place was packed so service was a bit slow, but our server was very gracious and did her best to deliver fine service, given all the other customers she had to serve.Special Features:
- Bring the Apple Pie Back!!!!!!!TishDined on 9/12/2014I will call before I come from now on and ask if you have the apple pie....if not I won't be coming. I was so upset that you didn't have it... I explained to the manager the last time I was there not to switch out the apple pie. This should be permanent on the menu! Switch out something else! Very upsetting...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner with hubbyDivineEating4UDined on 9/10/2014I took my husband to dinner at Copper Canyon for his birthday because I had heard rave reviews. The rave reviews were accurate. The crab cakes, were to die for. The spaghetti squash and sautéed spinach were the best I have ever had. Wanted to go back the next day, however, my husband had other plans. I am hoping they are able to maintain the standards I experienced on 9-10-14 because it is one of the best restaurants I have been to. The food was excellent, the ambiance was great and our waiter, Joseph was very friendly, professional and positive. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodLavendar2ButterflyDined on 9/9/2014Copper Canyon Grill has the most amazing food and desserts. The food is prepared from scratch daily. It's nothing like fresh food. You have to try the Bread pudding! The staff are very professional and polite. The prices are very affordable. Whenever we have an event, I always have the event catered and order some of my favorite dishes as part of our menu. We are a member of the Woodfire Club (Frequent Diner Program) and the benefits are great. We enjoy ourselves every single time. They never disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meatloaf in the world!!!EatssaDined on 9/7/2014I decided to visit as a result of reading their great reviews. They have the ABSOLUTE BEST homemade meatloaf and mashed potatoes I have EVER tasted!!! I highly recommend this restaurant! You won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeToniDined on 9/6/2014What a wonderful diamond in the rough. We had a great time. Good food, service was great, and we had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good but...MissUnderstoodDined on 9/6/2014If you have dietary restrictions, I wouldn't recommend. Everything was flavorful, but mostly pre-seasoned. Those of us with high blood pressure issues couldn't have food prepared with no salt. MINE was yummers, but if you have any special dietary requests, call beforehand or choose another place.Special Features:
- DecentBirthdayBoy43Dined on 9/6/2014First time visiting this place. Pretty nice restaurant for P.G. County. Wish we had more in the neighborhood to choose from.Special Features:
- Salad Portions have Decreased!CoolCopperCanyonDined on 9/6/2014For the third time in a row, my rotisserie chicken salad has been an inconsistent size...decreased each time and sad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for meeting faimilyReader3434Dined on 9/5/2014I wanted to share a good meal with my daughter on short notice; so I went to Open Table and made a reservation for 2 for 7:30pm on a Friday night ( there is always a line). We walked in on time and were seated right away. Our waiter was wonderful and took care of us royally. I had the special of lamb chops and my daughter had the Woodfire chicken. Each dish was cooked to perfection. I highly recommend this restaurant for those who like a good time. I am a member of the Woodfire Club. The atmosphere and decor is very pleasing and inviting when meeting with a small or large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive- quality so soLegalWineBardVIPDined on 9/3/2014The low review is for pricing and quality level. It is okay but the prices are too high and server was robotic reading the specials from a piece of paper. Server had no knowledge of beer and although he was sweet, he had little knowledge. Burger was very greasy and string fries were cold. Expected more for the prices. The host staff was very friendly and helpful. The temperature of the restaurant was very cold and when we asked to sit outside, we were told it was closed for a private event. Returned later for a drink and the outside still was not in use. Hope things improve but probably won't return.
- WorthwhileWorthwhileDined on 8/31/2014Copper Canyon Glenarden is a great experience. Music and energetic ambiance. Excellent, courteous and efficient staff. Food is great but would like the items rotated more often on the menu. Always packed which is a testament to the great food. Wood definitely recommend. Glad that you can make reservations in advance. Always a go to for me and my family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food/ Decent serviceGoodDined on 8/30/2014The food was pretty good. It was just over cooked! I wanted a "medium well" burger and it was "well done". I tasted my wife's salmon and the flavor was perfect but it was a bit tough. Overlooked again. The waitress was nice and did great job serving. She did NOT warn us the kitchen would be closing. We wanted dessert and was limited on selection because the kitchen had closed. A good waiter gives you a heads up that the bar or kitchen is closing soon. I paid the bill in cash but the waitress NEVER asked if I needed change. Just took the money and walked away! Luckily her tip WAS included. She still could have the courtesy and decency to ask if I need change. Or say "I'll be back with your change". I honestly felt a little disrespected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took our out of town guestskeperkin4Dined on 8/30/2014We enjoy Copper Canyon and wanted to share it with our guests. The portion sizes are typically quite large and allow for leftovers. They were a little skimpy with the mashed potatoes this visit but everything else was superb. I tried a special which included tilapia with crab meat. I would definitely recommend it!Special Features:
- ToogieDined on 8/30/2014The service was excellent and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/27/2014I have been to this restaurant several times in the past and always had good service. This most recent time service was extremely slow and it was a business lunch so we had a time constraint.
- First timers..DHOUZEDined on 8/24/2014I had a few friends join me for brunch after church. Two of them had never been to Copper Canyon. They didn't want to leave. We had a great time and everything from the coffee to dessert was good. We were happy and pleased, will be back soon!Special Features:
- Great FoodTammyKDined on 8/24/2014Great Food and service; the brunch was amazing! Wonderful to have a great dining experience close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Copper CanyonPetiteprnDined on 8/23/2014Copper Canyon always hits the spot! The food is great and the service is usually above average. This is definitely one of my favorite restaurants. The Chicken Pot Pie and Rattlesnake Pasta are my top two selections. You can't go wrong on their menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulWonderfulinaDined on 8/23/2014I came with friends for dinner we all were pleased w everything ..service was excellent...food was amazing..starters yummy and peartini was excellent..Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014This was third time there and the experience is always wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VeronicaDined on 8/22/2014Great location to meet with friends after work to relax and enjoy good drinks and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Copper Canyon GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/20/2014The service was wonderful, the jazz was pleasant, but the restaurant noise drowned out the jazz. We had to speak loudly just to hear one another.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lewis was very knowledgeable.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2014Our Server Lewis was fantastic! Thank You For Making Our Lunch More Enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!CHAR66Dined on 8/17/2014I simply love this restaurant! The food and service is awesome. Love the live jazz band & the ambience. Would recommend to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDannie79Dined on 8/16/2014Never disappointed with the food. Great portions and outstanding taste. If you want a great meal, this is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent!ABtwins14Dined on 8/16/2014This was my 3rd time dining at Copper Canyon and everytime I have been, they have been consistent with the food, service, cleanliness and attention to detail. I highly recommend this restaurant and will continue to support it. Great addition to the county.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limitedlove2eatDined on 8/15/2014The service was outstanding the waiter was very knowledgeable of the menu and was very friendly and helpful. However,I found that the limited food options was very distasteful. I will check the options periodically to see if they've added more in the future until then i will choose another option.Special Features:
- Love this place!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014The food, waiter, manager and server were all outstanding. I'm so happy to have one in my neighborhood ...no more driving to Silver Spring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chenelle --- Awesome Serverlove2eatDined on 8/14/2014I had lunch with a few colleagues on Thursday, August 14th, and our server was Chenelle, who was extremely attentive to our group request, which made our dining experience very relaxing and enjoyable. Also, our meals were served in a timely manner and everyone raved about how delicious their meals were, and the deserts…..they were decadent. We all plan to return in the very near future and look forward to having Chenelle as our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time diningcjoetteDined on 8/9/2014Three friends and I wanted to have dinner at a convenient location and decided on Copper Canyon. We were seated immediately. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable. Appetizers, main course and drinks were all very good. No one had any complaints and everyone left with a doggy bag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night Dinner4EverYoungDined on 8/8/2014Was a great last minute option for my husband and I. We both had the famous roasted chicken we heard so many talking about. Had to tell our daughter who is a frequent at the sister restaurant in Columbia, MD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner AgainGrubberDined on 8/8/2014Food was great as always! Love the atmosphere. You must try the rattlesnake pasta, meatloaf stack and the chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait staff highly trained.Summer12Dined on 8/7/2014A little difficult to locate your building if you are not familiar with the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/5/2014I went to Copper Canyon Grill with a colleague from work. She can be quite "particular". She ordered a drink from the bartender and just described what she was in the mood for... the bartender created an awesome cocktail JUST FOR HER!! She also said that a friend recommended their strawberry shortcake (which was not on the menu). They provided her with an order packaged and ready just as we were preparing to leave! IT IS MY NEW FAVORITE SPOT!!Special Features:
- very noisychitownladyDined on 8/5/2014The food and the service were good, but all the sound seemed to bounce off the wood decor to make it difficult to hear the person across the table. We had to repeat ourselves several times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room for ImprovementMarieDined on 8/5/2014The most positive element is the congenial service. The aroma of the smoked menu items kicks up one's appetite. Those who prefer large portions will not be disappointed. My experience: 1. Being told to wait for others in my group before being seated for my 1 pm reservation. I requested to be seated at 12:58, 2. waiting 20 min for my drink; very sloooow service all-around, 4. calamari was well seasoned, but, so greasy that the breading was not intact, 5. well seasoned amberjack and salmon, although overcooked. 5. spinach with red onion was perfectly sautéed, 6. the booth comfortably set five friends. All in all, a mixed-bag experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Good food, great place to dine. Enjoyed the music, but service was a big slow, despite the friendly staff.Special Features: