Copper Canyon Grill - Glenarden
9300 Taj Lane
Lanham, MD 20706Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Copper Canyon Grill - Glenarden
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ccgrill.com/
- Phone: (301) 322-8600
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday -Thursday: 11:00am - 10:05pm, Friday and Saturday: 11:00am - 11:05pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Copper Canyon Grill - Glenarden
With a unique focus on creating an inviting upscale dining experience, we serve fresh, familiar food in a high-energy, sophisticated casual setting. Our chefs prepare full-flavored food from scratch daily, using fresh seasonal ingredients. We stay true to classic American comfort food that is simple, but deliciously prepared. A knowledgeable team approach provides unwavering attention to delighting our guests with warm and consistent service. Copper Canyon Grill's timeless atmosphere appeals to discerning adults who are seeking a dining experience that is energetic, upscale but approachable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Copper Canyon Grill - Glenarden - Best Restaurants in Lanham ›
Copper Canyon Grill - Glenarden reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (107)good for groups (96)special occasion (94)great for lunch (78)vibrant bar scene (63)fit for foodies (60)hot spot (59)romantic (54)great for brunch (47)late-night find (32)kid-friendly (21)great for outdoor dining (18)notable wine list (16)scenic view (4)Show More
- Fast Service at Copper Canyon GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/24/2014Enjoyed the soup. The service was great and did not have to wait long for our meal. Staff was pleasant and helpful. I would definitely recommend Copper Canyon Grill to friends and acquaintances.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never have been disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/20/2014Food is made fresh daily and always tastes great every time we go. A bit on the pricey side but well worth it for the sophisticated dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit With WVa FriendAfterWorkDinerDined on 11/15/2014My friend visiting from West Virginia requested this restuarant because we had such a pleasant brunch at Copper Canyon-Glenarden on her last visit earlier this year. The food was very good and we enjoyed catching up. The overall atmosphere at this restaurant is pleasant and warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDivaGrandeDined on 11/11/2014We came primarily for the outstanding bread pudding! But we really enjoyed the ribs and the crab cakes, too! Service was not great, and the noise level was really high due to the bar scene, but the food made up for everything! We will be back!Special Features:
- Loved itMenuFoodieDined on 11/11/2014It was my first time going but everything was wonderful. I would return againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious everytimeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2014Always a welcoming atmosphere, great food and the hostesses and servers are very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodLavendar2ButterflyDined on 11/9/2014I know that when we have guest in from out of town too bring them here for the tastiest food from scratch on a daily basis. Keep up the great work! Thank you for always exceeding my expectations!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of town visitorTerryDined on 11/8/2014What an outstanding establishment! I'm from Hampton Virginia and will be in the D.C. area 4-5 times per month. I can honestly say that The Copper Canyon Grill is undoubtedly one of the best restaurants I have dined at in the last five years. The atmosphere was excellent, the food was plentiful, reasonably priced, and delicious. The staff was beyond reproach and my lady and I were very very impressed. We will definitely make this one of our favorite places to dine. Thank you, TerrySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded my expectationsTTHWDined on 11/7/2014The restaurant exceeded my expectations on service and quality of food considering my past experiences for nine years at the Silver Spring location Wood fire club member 6000230100001387Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced with not much to offerNiceFoodieVIPDined on 11/6/2014The food is well prepared but a bit pricy for the location. The menu options are slim but the portion sizes are large, you can always take some home for lunch the next day. The place isnt bad but I was not blown away.Special Features:
- ServerdmorrisDined on 11/6/2014Our server was great, knew the menu and was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT RESTAURANT!!!dagale1Dined on 11/4/2014Copper Canyon is a very nice restaurant... I use to eat at the location in Silver Springs MD and would suggest it to all my friends. I was happy when they build the new location. The services is wonderful, the food is great. If you are looking for a nice place to go on a quiet date or a place to have a few drinks at the bar, Copper Canyon is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/2/2014This was a great choice as to where to go for brunch after church. We had a good time with good friends, and was able to get together and have an atmosphere of peace and enjoyable place to eat. I was glad for the music. and my server was phenomenal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The Rattlesnake Pasta, Salmon, Rotisserie Chicken entrees and avocado appetizer was very good. However, the waiter that we had requires customer service ethics training because the group wasn't satisfied.Special Features:
- Good FoodCutieJDined on 11/1/2014The food was delicious and I really loved the bread puddingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Latter not as good as the startOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Our waiter wasn't that great. The food came out timely and hot, that was perfection. However, the service we received afterwards and before - was subpar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmospherechocgrlDined on 10/31/2014It is one of the nicest restaurants in the area. Great ambiance and tasty entrees. The service was nice as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a kid friendly environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014Menu selection is limited and a little pricy. Staff was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014I was having a great conversation with my date and they turn on the bright light on us. Like they tell me to get out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experiencemusikman79Dined on 10/28/2014The food and service were excellent. Well trained wait staff/ very attentative and personable.Special Features:
- Great findInsideintelDined on 10/26/2014One of the best dining experiences we've had. The food and service were amazing!Special Features:
- great foodpeteDined on 10/25/2014food is consistently good, ambiance is good and great live music. waiters re friendly and polite. Its great to be in our neighborhood!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014The food was yummy and the drinks were on point. Me and my girls had a great time for my birthday and will come back again soon!Special Features:
- Girl's nightToniDined on 10/24/2014This was a great spot for our girl's night. We had a great time, talking, laughing and eating. The service was great and the atmosphere was nice.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014This restaurant is a real find. The service was excellent. The food was delicious. I was introducing several professionals to each other and it was a perfect place. We all had a great time. We laughed, enjoyed the food and was quite satisfied with all. The service as particularly attentive and responsive. I will return and will be glad to recommend it to others.Special Features:
- icudancingDined on 10/20/2014We were all there for a bridal dinner, things were going well until this fire alarm kept going off. It became such a distraction that people started to leave. It would have been nice if management came around to apologize for the malfunction before the guest inquired. There was no suggestion to offer a free dessert for the bride etc for the noisy atmosphere. Our server was more than apologic, but this should have come from the managment staff.Special Features:
- BJS13Dined on 10/18/2014We walked in and were seated within two minutes. The food was plentiful and good. The service was ok but I had a hard time understanding the waitress because of the acoustics. I will definitely recommend Copper Canyon to friends and will go back there for dinner. Good spot.Special Features:
- excellent servicenaenaeVIPDined on 10/14/2014excellent service and great job to the waiter Adam in training to become a waiter.Special Features:
- Lunch with an old friendcparkVIPDined on 10/14/2014I had the lunch special tilapia with two shrimp and a spicy salsa like topping. The fish was delicious but I was surprised when I got the bill and saw that it was $29. Seemed a bit much for a lunch entree special. Both myself and my friend had the daily vegetable special which was mashed garlic cauliflower with Parmesan cheese. It was very bland.Special Features:
- WAITER NOT READY FOR PRIME TIMElcfgdDined on 10/12/2014The atmosphere in the restaurant was great However, the service was not. The waiter lacked experience. He took our order for an appetizer, but did not come back to take the main course order until after the appetizer was served. After we completed eating our appetizer, the plates remained on the table until our main course was served and he did not take the plates off the table, it was the staff that served the main course. He did not check back with us for over 20 minutes. I did notice him laughing and talking with someone near the kitchen. I don't have plans to return and I would not recommend this restaurant to ANYONE!!
- Great eveningMc1012Dined on 10/11/2014Making a reservation most the bestive. This place was busy. The staff was friendly and professional (explained the restaurant concept). The food was timely and delicious. We will be returning for another great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpectationsPrincessDDined on 10/11/2014So knowing this was the sister restaurant of Stanford Grille I was disappointed that it was the same menu just an "urban" version. Really hot sauce on every table?!? You would never see that at Stanford. Because I always order the crab cakes at Stanford I didn't want to spoil it for me so I ordered the avocado chicken sandwich which was actually pretty good. And because I am a creature of habit I also didn't order my favorite drink that I would have ordered at Stanford. So my recommendation at copper is the pear Martini. It was ohhhhhh soooooooo gooooooooood!!!!!!!! Our waiter was the absolute best. But I'll stick with Stanford.
- I'll give it another try - maybeEmPeeDined on 10/6/2014I've been to other locations several times, but the food here was just sub-par. They even prepared my cocktail differently. Would be a stretch to say I'd be willing to return to this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute group brunchScotteDined on 10/5/2014We were able to make a last minute reservation for 6 people for Sunday Brunch...right amidst the time of the post-Church crowds that come through. So, thank you for that! The restaurant has tasty food. You get a complimentary beverage with your meal--alcoholic and non. The server also split the check, which made closing out really easy. The only issue we encountered was one plate arrived much much later than the others...i.e., they forgot it. Thankfully, we ordered a plate of pancakes to split on the table (3 pancakes are HUGE), so that person was able to enjoy those while waiting for her main entree. Overall, a very good experience.Special Features:
- Birthday Celebration DinnerLollipopDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I dined at Copper Canyon Grill on Saturday, October 4, 2014 for my 60th Birthday. The service was Outstanding and our waitress, Alexis, was awesome. Even though we had a 6:30pm reservation via Open Table, we did have to wait about 10-15minutes. I was so excited about celebrating my milestone Birthday that our wait really didn't bother us. I had the Prime Rib Dinner and my husband had the Rib Platter. Our food was delicious and they even brought me a dessert with a candle on it. This was our second time at this location and I will definately will be back soon.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014I've been to other Copper Canyon Grills and so far I've always been impressed. The food was terrific! The Key Lime pie was scrumptious! Alexa was my waitress and was phenomenal is her presentation and knowledge. It's great to see the quality demonstrated by Copper Canyon in a PG County restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality servicelove2dineDined on 10/4/2014Each associate was very professional. Alexis was our waiter and she was great as our party arrived in spirts she was attentive as each person arrived. The little things matter such as refilling water without asking, asking during an order if certain things are ok that come with it that may not reflect on the menu. I love the location in silver spring but it was so far from upper marlboro. Great quality restaurant. Caesar salad with chicken is a great selection. I would like to request to bring the apple blossom back. It was so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A long wait but the food was goodphatfoodieDined on 10/3/2014I made a reservation for 7:30 but still had to wait an additional 15-20 minutes to be seated. It was extremely busy. Other than that, the service was good and the food was great also. I'd go back.Special Features:
- Not the Best Date NightDionVIPDined on 10/1/2014This was my third visit to the resturant and each time, my experience gets worse. There was a server with dreads who kept flirting with other staff. I ordered gingerale no ice and I got water. I didnt get my drink until I was half way through my burger. The bread was soggy and wet from the water from the Shreded lettuce. I can tell that the patties were pre cooked and sat in greasy water on the grill until the order came. The meat was tasteless and had no seasoning at all. we had to get condiments and a refil from other servers. their rotisserie is actually "baked" chicken. (there is a difference). Their mash needed heavy salt just to taste it. I wasnt comped for waiting for my meal at all. Long story short I wont be back for a 4th visitSpecial Features:
- Not the best visitUnsureVIPDined on 9/28/2014I have come to this restaurant on several occasions and the food has been great. But on this visit, I was disappointed. I had the crab omelet and the eggs were overlooked and a little hard. Disappointed with today's visit