Copper Canyon Grill - Glenarden
9300 Taj Lane
Lanham, MD 20706Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Copper Canyon Grill - Glenarden
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ccgrill.com/
- Phone: 3013228600x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday -Thursday: 11:00am - 10:05pm, Friday and Saturday: 11:00am - 11:05pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Copper Canyon Grill - Glenarden
With a unique focus on creating an inviting upscale dining experience, we serve fresh, familiar food in a high-energy, sophisticated casual setting. Our chefs prepare full-flavored food from scratch daily, using fresh seasonal ingredients. We stay true to classic American comfort food that is simple, but deliciously prepared. A knowledgeable team approach provides unwavering attention to delighting our guests with warm and consistent service. Copper Canyon Grill's timeless atmosphere appeals to discerning adults who are seeking a dining experience that is energetic, upscale but approachable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Copper Canyon Grill - Glenarden - Best Restaurants in Lanham ›
Copper Canyon Grill - Glenarden reviews from OpenTable diners
207 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (115)good for groups (100)special occasion (94)great for lunch (82)vibrant bar scene (67)hot spot (64)romantic (59)fit for foodies (55)great for brunch (51)late-night find (28)kid-friendly (26)great for outdoor dining (20)notable wine list (17)scenic view (7)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2014We were all there for a bridal dinner, things were going well until this fire alarm kept going off. It became such a distraction that people started to leave. It would have been nice if management came around to apologize for the malfunction before the guest inquired. There was no suggestion to offer a free dessert for the bride etc for the noisy atmosphere. Our server was more than apologic, but this should have come from the managment staff.Special Features:
- BJS13Dined on 10/18/2014We walked in and were seated within two minutes. The food was plentiful and good. The service was ok but I had a hard time understanding the waitress because of the acoustics. I will definitely recommend Copper Canyon to friends and will go back there for dinner. Good spot.Special Features:
- excellent servicenaenaeDined on 10/14/2014excellent service and great job to the waiter Adam in training to become a waiter.Special Features:
- Lunch with an old friendcparkVIPDined on 10/14/2014I had the lunch special tilapia with two shrimp and a spicy salsa like topping. The fish was delicious but I was surprised when I got the bill and saw that it was $29. Seemed a bit much for a lunch entree special. Both myself and my friend had the daily vegetable special which was mashed garlic cauliflower with Parmesan cheese. It was very bland.Special Features:
- WAITER NOT READY FOR PRIME TIMElcfgdDined on 10/12/2014The atmosphere in the restaurant was great However, the service was not. The waiter lacked experience. He took our order for an appetizer, but did not come back to take the main course order until after the appetizer was served. After we completed eating our appetizer, the plates remained on the table until our main course was served and he did not take the plates off the table, it was the staff that served the main course. He did not check back with us for over 20 minutes. I did notice him laughing and talking with someone near the kitchen. I don't have plans to return and I would not recommend this restaurant to ANYONE!!
- Great eveningMc1012Dined on 10/11/2014Making a reservation most the bestive. This place was busy. The staff was friendly and professional (explained the restaurant concept). The food was timely and delicious. We will be returning for another great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpectationsPrincessDDined on 10/11/2014So knowing this was the sister restaurant of Stanford Grille I was disappointed that it was the same menu just an "urban" version. Really hot sauce on every table?!? You would never see that at Stanford. Because I always order the crab cakes at Stanford I didn't want to spoil it for me so I ordered the avocado chicken sandwich which was actually pretty good. And because I am a creature of habit I also didn't order my favorite drink that I would have ordered at Stanford. So my recommendation at copper is the pear Martini. It was ohhhhhh soooooooo gooooooooood!!!!!!!! Our waiter was the absolute best. But I'll stick with Stanford.
- I'll give it another try - maybeEmPeeDined on 10/6/2014I've been to other locations several times, but the food here was just sub-par. They even prepared my cocktail differently. Would be a stretch to say I'd be willing to return to this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute group brunchScotteDined on 10/5/2014We were able to make a last minute reservation for 6 people for Sunday Brunch...right amidst the time of the post-Church crowds that come through. So, thank you for that! The restaurant has tasty food. You get a complimentary beverage with your meal--alcoholic and non. The server also split the check, which made closing out really easy. The only issue we encountered was one plate arrived much much later than the others...i.e., they forgot it. Thankfully, we ordered a plate of pancakes to split on the table (3 pancakes are HUGE), so that person was able to enjoy those while waiting for her main entree. Overall, a very good experience.Special Features:
- Birthday Celebration DinnerLollipopDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I dined at Copper Canyon Grill on Saturday, October 4, 2014 for my 60th Birthday. The service was Outstanding and our waitress, Alexis, was awesome. Even though we had a 6:30pm reservation via Open Table, we did have to wait about 10-15minutes. I was so excited about celebrating my milestone Birthday that our wait really didn't bother us. I had the Prime Rib Dinner and my husband had the Rib Platter. Our food was delicious and they even brought me a dessert with a candle on it. This was our second time at this location and I will definately will be back soon.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014I've been to other Copper Canyon Grills and so far I've always been impressed. The food was terrific! The Key Lime pie was scrumptious! Alexa was my waitress and was phenomenal is her presentation and knowledge. It's great to see the quality demonstrated by Copper Canyon in a PG County restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality servicelove2dineDined on 10/4/2014Each associate was very professional. Alexis was our waiter and she was great as our party arrived in spirts she was attentive as each person arrived. The little things matter such as refilling water without asking, asking during an order if certain things are ok that come with it that may not reflect on the menu. I love the location in silver spring but it was so far from upper marlboro. Great quality restaurant. Caesar salad with chicken is a great selection. I would like to request to bring the apple blossom back. It was so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A long wait but the food was goodphatfoodieDined on 10/3/2014I made a reservation for 7:30 but still had to wait an additional 15-20 minutes to be seated. It was extremely busy. Other than that, the service was good and the food was great also. I'd go back.Special Features:
- Not the Best Date NightDionDined on 10/1/2014This was my third visit to the resturant and each time, my experience gets worse. There was a server with dreads who kept flirting with other staff. I ordered gingerale no ice and I got water. I didnt get my drink until I was half way through my burger. The bread was soggy and wet from the water from the Shreded lettuce. I can tell that the patties were pre cooked and sat in greasy water on the grill until the order came. The meat was tasteless and had no seasoning at all. we had to get condiments and a refil from other servers. their rotisserie is actually "baked" chicken. (there is a difference). Their mash needed heavy salt just to taste it. I wasnt comped for waiting for my meal at all. Long story short I wont be back for a 4th visitSpecial Features:
- Not the best visitUnsureVIPDined on 9/28/2014I have come to this restaurant on several occasions and the food has been great. But on this visit, I was disappointed. I had the crab omelet and the eggs were overlooked and a little hard. Disappointed with today's visit
- GREAT FOOD AND SERVICE!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014First time I visited this place. The service was excellent!!! The food was outstanding. Definitely get the fiesta egg rolls great starter!!!!Special Features:
- Consistent service and food qualityHappyFoodieDined on 9/27/2014Originally dined at the Silver Spring location where this restaurant is one of my favorites. I was skeptical that the service and food quality would not stand up to my expectations. To my surprise the food and service are great! We were seated right away with a reservation which is always a plus. I brought some first timers with me who said the restaurant was a "goo choice". I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Quick seating w/reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/26/2014I've dined at this location twice and both time I made a reservation. I'm so glad I did, because there is always a crowd and a wait. Each time, my reservation was honored and my party was seated immediately. The food and cocktails are pretty good. Our waiter was excellent. There was one issue with another very rude server with dreadlocks. My friend asked another waiter where the restroom was located and he immediately caught an attitude with her and was very snappy with his response. I spoke with the manager and told him what happened and he apologized, however; I'm not sure if he reprimanded the waiter.Special Features:
- AwesomeAbsolutelyDined on 9/26/2014I highly recommend copper canyon grill. the food, ambiance, hospitality, and the bread pudding are on the one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to the neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014Very good food, albeit a little on the pricey side. Jazz quartet is a very nice addition. Can get a little loud so I'm not recommending for a romantic date. All my dinner partners enjoyed their food and cleaned their plates. The bread pudding is the best I've ever had! Adam is a great server. Don't lose him!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waiter to outstandingbutterfly7Dined on 9/21/2014service was good, the food was satisfying, music soothing and not too loud. a little pricey but worth it. highly recommendSpecial Features:
- It was ok1hotfoodieVIPDined on 9/21/2014I prefer quality over quantity. Yes, they give you alot of food to feel like you're getting you're moneys worth but when most of it gets left behind that's a sign the restaurant could stand to improve on the quality of its food. Just manage you expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great OccasionPierreDined on 9/20/2014I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. The food was great but the service exceeded our expectations.Special Features:
- UnsureVIPDined on 9/20/2014Excellent service. The food is generally very good. However on this visit my salmon was very salty. My dessert was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffLuvmyfoodDined on 9/19/2014Fantastic place to meet, celebrate or dine alone. Service is outstanding and the portions are superior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all aroundindustryFOODIEDined on 9/17/2014I'm a restaurant manager and I'd been convinced that getting great customer service from younger staff is worse than pulling teeth. But Sara was very accommodating. Food and drink came out in a timely manner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodFFFanVIPDined on 9/17/2014Our experience was very enjoyable, and we were not "rushed out the door". Food was amazing (as always) - especially the bread puding and key lime pie!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentsaspeDined on 9/14/2014This restaurant was referred to us by our friends. Love it! Can't wait to return. Our hostess was excellent, very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!CHAR66Dined on 9/14/2014This is one of my favorite places to dine. Outstanding food & service. Great for brunch, lunch, dinner or just an appetizer & drinks. Love the live Jazz band that plays well all the time! Bonus, neighborhood gem!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable ServiceeatguruDined on 9/14/2014The service at Copper Canyon Glenarden is always first class. Travis, one of the waiters, always remembers our names and everyone greets you with a smile. And the live jazz duo makes the experience even more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable Live Jazz!ShenandoahDined on 9/13/2014I was stunned to see the likes of Bruce Swaim, Eric Reed and Steve Novosel playing at this venue. These are some of the finest jazz musicians on the planet! The crowd didn't seem to have a clue! The venue was extremely noisy and hard to hear the music. On the food side, the rotisserie chicken is fantastic! The place was packed so service was a bit slow, but our server was very gracious and did her best to deliver fine service, given all the other customers she had to serve.Special Features:
- Bring the Apple Pie Back!!!!!!!TishDined on 9/12/2014I will call before I come from now on and ask if you have the apple pie....if not I won't be coming. I was so upset that you didn't have it... I explained to the manager the last time I was there not to switch out the apple pie. This should be permanent on the menu! Switch out something else! Very upsetting...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner with hubbyDivineEating4UDined on 9/10/2014I took my husband to dinner at Copper Canyon for his birthday because I had heard rave reviews. The rave reviews were accurate. The crab cakes, were to die for. The spaghetti squash and sautéed spinach were the best I have ever had. Wanted to go back the next day, however, my husband had other plans. I am hoping they are able to maintain the standards I experienced on 9-10-14 because it is one of the best restaurants I have been to. The food was excellent, the ambiance was great and our waiter, Joseph was very friendly, professional and positive. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodLavendar2ButterflyDined on 9/9/2014Copper Canyon Grill has the most amazing food and desserts. The food is prepared from scratch daily. It's nothing like fresh food. You have to try the Bread pudding! The staff are very professional and polite. The prices are very affordable. Whenever we have an event, I always have the event catered and order some of my favorite dishes as part of our menu. We are a member of the Woodfire Club (Frequent Diner Program) and the benefits are great. We enjoy ourselves every single time. They never disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meatloaf in the world!!!EatssaDined on 9/7/2014I decided to visit as a result of reading their great reviews. They have the ABSOLUTE BEST homemade meatloaf and mashed potatoes I have EVER tasted!!! I highly recommend this restaurant! You won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeToniDined on 9/6/2014What a wonderful diamond in the rough. We had a great time. Good food, service was great, and we had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good but...MissUnderstoodDined on 9/6/2014If you have dietary restrictions, I wouldn't recommend. Everything was flavorful, but mostly pre-seasoned. Those of us with high blood pressure issues couldn't have food prepared with no salt. MINE was yummers, but if you have any special dietary requests, call beforehand or choose another place.Special Features:
- DecentBirthdayBoy43Dined on 9/6/2014First time visiting this place. Pretty nice restaurant for P.G. County. Wish we had more in the neighborhood to choose from.Special Features:
- Salad Portions have Decreased!CoolCopperCanyonDined on 9/6/2014For the third time in a row, my rotisserie chicken salad has been an inconsistent size...decreased each time and sad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for meeting faimilyReader3434Dined on 9/5/2014I wanted to share a good meal with my daughter on short notice; so I went to Open Table and made a reservation for 2 for 7:30pm on a Friday night ( there is always a line). We walked in on time and were seated right away. Our waiter was wonderful and took care of us royally. I had the special of lamb chops and my daughter had the Woodfire chicken. Each dish was cooked to perfection. I highly recommend this restaurant for those who like a good time. I am a member of the Woodfire Club. The atmosphere and decor is very pleasing and inviting when meeting with a small or large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.