Copper Canyon Grill - Gaithersburg
100 Boardwalk Pl
Gaithersburg, MD 20878Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Copper Canyon Grill - Gaithersburg
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ccgrill.com/
- Phone: 2406310003x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday -Thursday: 11:00am - 10:05pm, Friday and Saturday: 11:00am - 11:05pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Copper Canyon Grill - Gaithersburg
With a unique focus on creating an inviting upscale dining experience, we serve fresh, familiar food in a high-energy, sophisticated casual setting. Our chefs prepare full-flavored food from scratch daily, using fresh seasonal ingredients. We stay true to classic American comfort food that is simple, but deliciously prepared. A knowledgeable team approach provides unwavering attention to delighting our guests with warm and consistent service. Copper Canyon Grill's timeless atmosphere appeals to discerning adults who are seeking a dining experience that is energetic, upscale but approachable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Copper Canyon Grill - Gaithersburg reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (74)neighborhood gem (40)scenic view (37)good for groups (37)special occasion (32)great for lunch (28)fit for foodies (23)kid-friendly (21)great for brunch (18)romantic (16)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (12)notable wine list (6)Show More
- Always very good !BettisVIPDined on 10/17/2014Very good every single time. Great team service staff. Food/Bev very consistent.Special Features:
- Awesome!TopNotchDined on 10/17/2014You just cannot go wrong dining here. The food is excellent every time and that goes for all the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerLLV2VIPDined on 10/13/2014Second day in a row! Dinner at the bar last evening. Lunch with a colleague today. You can always count on great food, terrific ambience and solid service. No wonder I carry a Woodfire frequent diner card!
- Dr JoseyJJosey5099VIPDined on 10/5/2014Excellent choice for dinner. Our server Enrique is the best!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceKeys14Dined on 10/4/2014If you want great food, great atmosphere and great service then this is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- came back because I like the foodlyp4Dined on 10/3/2014I went for a family dinner to celebrate my son's birthday. I love the atmosphere that's why we chose to come back, however, people at the bar get really loud which turns the ambiance into a sports bar. Last time we sat outside and they were doing all the screaming, this time they were doing it inside. It's kind of misleading. Beautiful place, very noisy. My ribs were good, but I didn't finish them because I kept seeing some white gooey particle in them. It was actually disgusting looking so my brother , whom recommended the ribs, ate them. Love the potatoes. My kids were pleased and full, my son's desert was good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/30/2014I had their crab cakes. Lots of crab, not much filler. They come with fries but I substuted spinach which we'll seasoned and tender. Service was prompt and not intrusive. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Wait 40 min for entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014The time waited for main course is unacceptable, though the waitress tried hard to please by her explanation. Not only our food is slow, most tables were even waited for simple salads. That is lunch time we experienced. Wood not grill offers better services n prime ribs.Special Features:
- dinner at Copper CanyonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014great service, excellent recommendation for the wine. Kids were served quickly. The food was very good. On the negative side the place is very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BsquaredVIPDined on 9/19/2014service was poorly coordinated. brought the appetizer salad with the main course (sent back)
- Dress Code or No Dress CodeTwittyBirdDined on 9/19/2014This was my first time visiting and it was on a Friday. I looked on-line and saw that the prices were above average so I figured there may be a dress code. When I arrived I asked the lady if I was dressed appropriately since this was my first time dining there. The first lady said that they require a jacket for men which meant that the lady had to be dressed-up as well. The other lady looked at me and said that "I was fine." While I was waiting for my other party to arrive, I observed all kinds of people dressed in any and everything (e.g., shorts, jogging attire, men with suit jacket, men without suit jacket, men in shorts, men in jeans, ladies in dressed, ladies in shorts.) Is there a dress code or not? The food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanielVIPDined on 9/14/2014got a chance to dine here Sunday morning. The food is delicious and service is great. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Good extremely peppery!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I ordered a steak with mashed potatoes and green beans and everything was extremely peppery. The pepper wasn't ground completely so I ended up chewing on big chunks of it. Too much and too overpowering. It took away from the meal. Dessert was excellent and so was their service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy to enjoy dining thereEllenHDined on 9/11/2014We'd been to Copper Canyon Grill before & enjoyed our experience enough to return for dinner. The noise level was so loud that the servers kept asking us to repeat our orders & requests. The 4 entrees that we ordered did not come out of the kitchen together - 1 came out & the other 3 were 10 minutes later. One water glass was returned because of the taste. The food itself was fine: good ribs, spicy meatloaf as indicated on the menu & crab cakes a little spicy with beans as filler. Side salads were fresh & generous in size. We liked giving up 2 sides for one side salad without an extra charge.Special Features:
- A good evening...!AlanVIPDined on 9/6/2014Copper Canyon has a wide selection of food offering for all tastes. And the portions are generous. A reliable place for quality food, good ambiance, and family get togethers...!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LIve4foodDined on 8/30/2014Service was outstanding, food was excellent, but the noise level was pretty high. Difficult to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyableWintermuteDined on 8/29/2014We had an early dinner on the Friday of Labor Day Weekend, and it was a bit quieter because of that, by the time we left it was starting to get a line at the entrance and the noise level was rising. It gets very hard to hear very quickly there. The food is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodLLV2VIPDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant is a mile from my house. The outdoor seating area is incredible. Large. Overlooking the lake and new carousel. Tables are NOT on top of each other. Serving protocols allow anyone to take care of you whether they are "your" server or not. Food is consistently good and the pacing is solid. My go-to dish is the house salad with rotisserie chicken and adobo dressing. It never disappoints. Frankly, Copper Canyon never disappoints, because when something DOESN'T go well, they fix it - immediately.Special Features:
- Anniversary and BirthdayJJosey5099VIPDined on 8/28/2014Awesome experience for our celebration! We felt like celebrities the entire night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/25/2014We dined to celebrate a friend's 65th birthday. We requested ouside seating , since it was a beautiful evening. The waitress came promptly with menus and took our wine order. Most of us had the Ahi Tuna salad, which was excellent in taste and presentation. We did get a complimentary dessert of choice for the birthday girl.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014The wait staff were great, very attentive. The food was fantastic. The only problem with our dinner (a celebration of my 13yr old granddaughter's birthday) was the family behind us (two couples) who were arguing. But that was not the fault of the restaurant, although if one of the staff had stopped by and asked the one woman to lower her voice, I would not have minded.Special Features:
- Good food and drinksAJCinMDDined on 8/22/2014Like the Silver Spring location, it's a great place to enjoy dinner and drinks. Love the meatloaf and the sweet glazed carrots. Service is OK, but the "group" service model often leads to forgotten items and/or repeated requests.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service at busy rest.OttertheoracleDined on 8/22/2014Been here four times in a short time span. The service is enthusiastic and good despite (or thanks to) the young staff. The chicken is best and do not miss dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i'll only say this...AlohaboyVIPDined on 8/17/2014the ribs used to be a lot better. Everything else was pretty good.
- foodiefavDined on 8/17/2014Food was good but not sure if server was new .. had to wait for syrup/butter for pancakes. took a while and food was cold. Been there before for brunch and had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experienceRobistakeonitDined on 8/13/2014I have eaten at this establishment about 4 times and each time was as great as the last. I will be back!Special Features:
- ecotaitDined on 8/12/2014We had a drink at the bar first while we waited for the rest of our party to join us (great happy hour deals). When we sat down, we had great service. The entrees were very tasty. Among them, we had the ahi tuna, crab cakes and rotisserie chicken salad. The crab cakes were the best of the lot. The only part of the meal that gets a thumbs down was the appetizers. The egg rolls were greasy and over-fried' the clam chowder was basic and could have come from a can. Based on the entrées, I think there's room for improvement with the apps!Special Features:
- Great ResturantGreat2EnjoyDined on 8/10/2014Good place too eat just in the summer you gotta worry about the nets. Get a table inside or if you eat outside get a table me in the middle of the resturant outsideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night dining.EbbieDined on 8/9/2014The server was very pleasant and gave a great recommendation for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude service, pricey food,SilvDined on 8/9/2014I went to CCG for my anniversary & I CLEARLY wrote in the reservation notes, ONE YR ANNIVERSARY. A greeting from the FOUR hosts at the front would've been nice as opposed to the akward "oh hello" we got, & an actual greeting from the rude server Marielle would've been nice to but we didn't either of that. I got the filet & my partner got the rotisserie chicken, his chicken was good, my "medium" filet was a tad overcooked. Our bacon Mac & cheese had no bacon. The only great thing was the brownie dessert. For the prices they have, I'd expect the service to be up to par. But from the hosts to the server, it was downright shameful. The complimentary valet was nice. I won't be going back though. I feel I didn't get my money's worth here! LAME!!Special Features:
- We had funTEM1Dined on 8/9/2014Food was good, a little expensive but high qualitySpecial Features:
- crab dipScottyHVIPDined on 8/9/2014was more like a thick bisque. wasnt what i was expecting. expensive @ $ 17 for a appetizer. would have gotten something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceJRFOOD123Dined on 8/8/2014After getting seated we ordered our drinks. My date ordered Water with lemon and I ordered Ginger Ale. It took four attempts to get Ginger ale. We ordered our food and a Salad for before our food. The salad came and 5 minutes later as we are still eating our salad the food comes. The waitress said she can bring the food back after we finish our salads but I figured by then everything would be cold. The Manager came over and told us the waitress was new and that he was sorry about the mistake. "she (the new waitress) didn't time it correctly". The best part of the meal was the dessert. Will not be back.Special Features:
- A good meal you can count onluv2eatDined on 7/31/2014I have been to Copper Canyon Grill on several occasions and the food and service are always great! Great for any occasion.Special Features:
- Reservation? Not really.kingmufassaDined on 7/30/2014We decided to make 7:15 pm reservation a few hours earlier. Under notes and special requests, we asked for outdoor seating. It was such a nice evening we wanted to go somewhere we could sit outside. Arriving 15 minutes early, we checked in and again requested outdoor seating. The response was " We don't take reservations for outdoor dining" Okay. How long would the wait be? We were seated at 8:05pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood restaurantGeorgeDined on 7/29/2014Great service, good food. Menu is limited. Manyof the entrees on the dinner menu are overpriced!! Outdoor seating was lovely. Noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great atmospheregenzDined on 7/27/2014My sister and some of our children visited this restaurant. We had a great view of the lake and carousel. My sister has many food sensitivities and the manager came to our table to let us know the ingredients in the steak marinade. My sister did not react to any ingredients so she is happy to find a restaurant where she can eat as she is quite limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the worst, perhaps...seahullVIPDined on 7/26/2014Waiting in long line to check in to my reservation, and I overhear the hostess say that she is giving away my reservation/table, as nobody ever shows up from Open Table reservations, and she does not expect me to be there. So when I finally get to the front of the line (on time), I have to wait another fifteen minutes to be seated. Waiter was bad and never refilled drinks. Served wrong Bourbon. How can you screw up comfort food? Should be a rhetorical question, but they are able to make Chicken Pot Pie inedible. My 9-year-old ordered this, but when it arrives, it seems they have decided to make this "Curry Chicken Pot Pie" and it is too spicy even for the adults to eat. French Dip was overcooked gray beef served without "au jus".
- Would go back, but......hitladyDined on 7/26/2014The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our food took a long time to come out and the waiter and manager each came over to apologize for the wait. They even offered to buy us dessert because of the long wait. I know it is kind of "low cost offer" as we didn't want dessert and declined the offer; but it was nice that they acknowledged the issue. Overall, I thought the food was very good. I had the special rotisserie chicken though and it was VERY salty (I LOVE salt, so for me to notice is significant); I actually think it was a simple kitchen mistake- the choicken itself was terrific. A little pricey for this type of restaurant, but, nice atmosphere, friendly service, and good food- we would go back and try it again.Special Features:
- Enjoyable100dlrhamburgerDined on 7/26/2014Our waiter, Jerry, was very helpful and attentive. Food was good. I would go again. Make reservations via Open Table to avoid waiting. Valet parking was worth it.