Copper Canyon Grill - Gaithersburg
100 Boardwalk Pl
Gaithersburg, MD 20878Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Copper Canyon Grill - Gaithersburg
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ccgrill.com/
- Phone: 2406310003x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday -Thursday: 11:00am - 10:05pm, Friday and Saturday: 11:00am - 11:05pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Copper Canyon Grill - Gaithersburg
With a unique focus on creating an inviting upscale dining experience, we serve fresh, familiar food in a high-energy, sophisticated casual setting. Our chefs prepare full-flavored food from scratch daily, using fresh seasonal ingredients. We stay true to classic American comfort food that is simple, but deliciously prepared. A knowledgeable team approach provides unwavering attention to delighting our guests with warm and consistent service. Copper Canyon Grill's timeless atmosphere appeals to discerning adults who are seeking a dining experience that is energetic, upscale but approachable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Copper Canyon Grill - Gaithersburg - Best Restaurants in Gaithersburg ›
Copper Canyon Grill - Gaithersburg reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (81)neighborhood gem (45)good for groups (42)scenic view (41)special occasion (40)great for lunch (37)fit for foodies (27)kid-friendly (26)great for brunch (26)vibrant bar scene (20)romantic (18)hot spot (18)late-night find (16)notable wine list (7)Show More
- DanielVIPDined on 9/14/2014got a chance to dine here Sunday morning. The food is delicious and service is great. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Good extremely peppery!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I ordered a steak with mashed potatoes and green beans and everything was extremely peppery. The pepper wasn't ground completely so I ended up chewing on big chunks of it. Too much and too overpowering. It took away from the meal. Dessert was excellent and so was their service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy to enjoy dining thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014We'd been to Copper Canyon Grill before & enjoyed our experience enough to return for dinner. The noise level was so loud that the servers kept asking us to repeat our orders & requests. The 4 entrees that we ordered did not come out of the kitchen together - 1 came out & the other 3 were 10 minutes later. One water glass was returned because of the taste. The food itself was fine: good ribs, spicy meatloaf as indicated on the menu & crab cakes a little spicy with beans as filler. Side salads were fresh & generous in size. We liked giving up 2 sides for one side salad without an extra charge.Special Features:
- A good evening...!AlanVIPDined on 9/6/2014Copper Canyon has a wide selection of food offering for all tastes. And the portions are generous. A reliable place for quality food, good ambiance, and family get togethers...!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LIve4foodDined on 8/30/2014Service was outstanding, food was excellent, but the noise level was pretty high. Difficult to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyableWintermuteDined on 8/29/2014We had an early dinner on the Friday of Labor Day Weekend, and it was a bit quieter because of that, by the time we left it was starting to get a line at the entrance and the noise level was rising. It gets very hard to hear very quickly there. The food is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodLLV2VIPDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant is a mile from my house. The outdoor seating area is incredible. Large. Overlooking the lake and new carousel. Tables are NOT on top of each other. Serving protocols allow anyone to take care of you whether they are "your" server or not. Food is consistently good and the pacing is solid. My go-to dish is the house salad with rotisserie chicken and adobo dressing. It never disappoints. Frankly, Copper Canyon never disappoints, because when something DOESN'T go well, they fix it - immediately.Special Features:
- Anniversary and BirthdayJJosey5099VIPDined on 8/28/2014Awesome experience for our celebration! We felt like celebrities the entire night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/25/2014We dined to celebrate a friend's 65th birthday. We requested ouside seating , since it was a beautiful evening. The waitress came promptly with menus and took our wine order. Most of us had the Ahi Tuna salad, which was excellent in taste and presentation. We did get a complimentary dessert of choice for the birthday girl.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014The wait staff were great, very attentive. The food was fantastic. The only problem with our dinner (a celebration of my 13yr old granddaughter's birthday) was the family behind us (two couples) who were arguing. But that was not the fault of the restaurant, although if one of the staff had stopped by and asked the one woman to lower her voice, I would not have minded.Special Features:
- Good food and drinksAJCinMDDined on 8/22/2014Like the Silver Spring location, it's a great place to enjoy dinner and drinks. Love the meatloaf and the sweet glazed carrots. Service is OK, but the "group" service model often leads to forgotten items and/or repeated requests.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service at busy rest.OttertheoracleDined on 8/22/2014Been here four times in a short time span. The service is enthusiastic and good despite (or thanks to) the young staff. The chicken is best and do not miss dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i'll only say this...AlohaboyDined on 8/17/2014the ribs used to be a lot better. Everything else was pretty good.
- foodiefavDined on 8/17/2014Food was good but not sure if server was new .. had to wait for syrup/butter for pancakes. took a while and food was cold. Been there before for brunch and had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experienceRobistakeonitDined on 8/13/2014I have eaten at this establishment about 4 times and each time was as great as the last. I will be back!Special Features:
- ecotaitDined on 8/12/2014We had a drink at the bar first while we waited for the rest of our party to join us (great happy hour deals). When we sat down, we had great service. The entrees were very tasty. Among them, we had the ahi tuna, crab cakes and rotisserie chicken salad. The crab cakes were the best of the lot. The only part of the meal that gets a thumbs down was the appetizers. The egg rolls were greasy and over-fried' the clam chowder was basic and could have come from a can. Based on the entrées, I think there's room for improvement with the apps!Special Features:
- Great ResturantGreat2EnjoyDined on 8/10/2014Good place too eat just in the summer you gotta worry about the nets. Get a table inside or if you eat outside get a table me in the middle of the resturant outsideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night dining.EbbieDined on 8/9/2014The server was very pleasant and gave a great recommendation for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude service, pricey food,SilvDined on 8/9/2014I went to CCG for my anniversary & I CLEARLY wrote in the reservation notes, ONE YR ANNIVERSARY. A greeting from the FOUR hosts at the front would've been nice as opposed to the akward "oh hello" we got, & an actual greeting from the rude server Marielle would've been nice to but we didn't either of that. I got the filet & my partner got the rotisserie chicken, his chicken was good, my "medium" filet was a tad overcooked. Our bacon Mac & cheese had no bacon. The only great thing was the brownie dessert. For the prices they have, I'd expect the service to be up to par. But from the hosts to the server, it was downright shameful. The complimentary valet was nice. I won't be going back though. I feel I didn't get my money's worth here! LAME!!Special Features:
- We had funTEM1Dined on 8/9/2014Food was good, a little expensive but high qualitySpecial Features:
- crab dipScottyHVIPDined on 8/9/2014was more like a thick bisque. wasnt what i was expecting. expensive @ $ 17 for a appetizer. would have gotten something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceJRFOOD123Dined on 8/8/2014After getting seated we ordered our drinks. My date ordered Water with lemon and I ordered Ginger Ale. It took four attempts to get Ginger ale. We ordered our food and a Salad for before our food. The salad came and 5 minutes later as we are still eating our salad the food comes. The waitress said she can bring the food back after we finish our salads but I figured by then everything would be cold. The Manager came over and told us the waitress was new and that he was sorry about the mistake. "she (the new waitress) didn't time it correctly". The best part of the meal was the dessert. Will not be back.Special Features:
- A good meal you can count onluv2eatDined on 7/31/2014I have been to Copper Canyon Grill on several occasions and the food and service are always great! Great for any occasion.Special Features:
- Reservation? Not really.kingmufassaDined on 7/30/2014We decided to make 7:15 pm reservation a few hours earlier. Under notes and special requests, we asked for outdoor seating. It was such a nice evening we wanted to go somewhere we could sit outside. Arriving 15 minutes early, we checked in and again requested outdoor seating. The response was " We don't take reservations for outdoor dining" Okay. How long would the wait be? We were seated at 8:05pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood restaurantGeorgeDined on 7/29/2014Great service, good food. Menu is limited. Manyof the entrees on the dinner menu are overpriced!! Outdoor seating was lovely. Noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great atmospheregenzDined on 7/27/2014My sister and some of our children visited this restaurant. We had a great view of the lake and carousel. My sister has many food sensitivities and the manager came to our table to let us know the ingredients in the steak marinade. My sister did not react to any ingredients so she is happy to find a restaurant where she can eat as she is quite limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the worst, perhaps...seahullVIPDined on 7/26/2014Waiting in long line to check in to my reservation, and I overhear the hostess say that she is giving away my reservation/table, as nobody ever shows up from Open Table reservations, and she does not expect me to be there. So when I finally get to the front of the line (on time), I have to wait another fifteen minutes to be seated. Waiter was bad and never refilled drinks. Served wrong Bourbon. How can you screw up comfort food? Should be a rhetorical question, but they are able to make Chicken Pot Pie inedible. My 9-year-old ordered this, but when it arrives, it seems they have decided to make this "Curry Chicken Pot Pie" and it is too spicy even for the adults to eat. French Dip was overcooked gray beef served without "au jus".
- Would go back, but......hitladyDined on 7/26/2014The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our food took a long time to come out and the waiter and manager each came over to apologize for the wait. They even offered to buy us dessert because of the long wait. I know it is kind of "low cost offer" as we didn't want dessert and declined the offer; but it was nice that they acknowledged the issue. Overall, I thought the food was very good. I had the special rotisserie chicken though and it was VERY salty (I LOVE salt, so for me to notice is significant); I actually think it was a simple kitchen mistake- the choicken itself was terrific. A little pricey for this type of restaurant, but, nice atmosphere, friendly service, and good food- we would go back and try it again.Special Features:
- Enjoyable100dlrhamburgerDined on 7/26/2014Our waiter, Jerry, was very helpful and attentive. Food was good. I would go again. Make reservations via Open Table to avoid waiting. Valet parking was worth it.
- work night out.TimADined on 7/24/2014Meeting my wife after work for dinner on a beautiful night. we got to sit on the patio and watch the birds, train, and people! Due to commuting delays we were 15 mins. late and still got our table on a busy night. Service was great as usual and our salads were as ordered! We still had time to walk around the lake.Special Features:
- Great Dinner SpotMichaelDined on 7/19/2014Had an enjoyable dinner at this restaurant. Prices and menu items have changed since last time going to this foodie place, but was still tasty.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014Great service, excellent food. The key lime pie, banana cream pie and bread pudding were to die for. We share!!!Special Features:
- Overall NicekyledamatoDined on 7/18/2014Open-table made the reservation for me and the overall service and food was excellent, highly recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014Food was delicious. Service was wonderful. Friendly staff. For outdoor seating on a summer evening I recommend you get there early! Patio area is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't get enough...TrudyVIPDined on 7/16/2014Great place for great food. The staff and managers deserve 10 stars. Would love to see Edamame added as a starter for those of us looking for a healthy, low calorie starter. I already miss the 'Millionaire's Shrimp'. Don't miss the Tortilla Soup when you go!Special Features:
- Second Time's a CharmJJosey5099VIPDined on 7/13/2014We have thoroughly enjoyed the experience at Copper Canyon. Brought my team from work there and all of the reviews were excellent. Great atmosphere. A Loyal Wood-fire Member!Special Features:
- AnnieDined on 7/11/2014From the general manager to the server and everyone in between, they made us feel very special and made every effort to accommodate our special requests, and, for that, we're grateful. The food was excellent and my family was very happy, especially, since we were celebrating two birthdays. My thanks to all who made this a very special evening.Special Features:
- EhKaady67Dined on 7/9/2014As transplants from the DFW metroplex where there is nothing else to do but eat and shop, we discovered this place while dining at Uncle Julios, our closest palatable Tex Mex. Service was not good....water took forever to arrive and drinks even longer. Rotisserie Chx was dry. Meatloaf was mediocre. Filet was rare when ordered medium but a quick toss back on rhe fire fixed that. This place definitely does not earn the $$$ it demands. Maybe one step up from Chili'sSpecial Features:
- Excellent experienceradioezVIPDined on 7/6/2014We were looking for a place with outside dining and made a rez at CCG for a Saturday night... and it was perfect. Friendly bartender at the outside bar offered us seats in the first come first serve area which worked beautifully. Meanwhile we were waiting becuase i had somehow made the reservation for Sunday night instead of Saturday night... Open Table inquired why I didn't show up for Sunday's rez and I told them i had but on Saturday... (oops) and there had been a problem I probably caused when making the rez. They spoke with the restaurant and my record was updated as if I had made the rez correctly. Well played CCG... thank you! And thank you Open Table.Special Features:
- Delicious foodFoodlvr5784Dined on 7/6/2014Crab cakes and rotisserie chicken are amazing! We went for my birthday for the first time and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.