Copper Canyon Grill - Gaithersburg
100 Boardwalk Pl
Gaithersburg, MD 20878Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Copper Canyon Grill - Gaithersburg
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ccgrill.com/
- Phone: (240) 631-0003
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday -Thursday: 11:00am - 10:05pm, Friday and Saturday: 11:00am - 11:05pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Copper Canyon Grill - Gaithersburg
With a unique focus on creating an inviting upscale dining experience, we serve fresh, familiar food in a high-energy, sophisticated casual setting. Our chefs prepare full-flavored food from scratch daily, using fresh seasonal ingredients. We stay true to classic American comfort food that is simple, but deliciously prepared. A knowledgeable team approach provides unwavering attention to delighting our guests with warm and consistent service. Copper Canyon Grill's timeless atmosphere appeals to discerning adults who are seeking a dining experience that is energetic, upscale but approachable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Copper Canyon Grill - Gaithersburg - Best Restaurants in Gaithersburg ›
Copper Canyon Grill - Gaithersburg reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (63)neighborhood gem (43)good for groups (39)scenic view (32)special occasion (28)great for lunch (27)fit for foodies (25)kid-friendly (21)vibrant bar scene (19)hot spot (18)great for brunch (17)romantic (14)late-night find (12)notable wine list (10)Show More
- Excellent experience!JJosey5099VIPDined on 11/21/2014Always enjoy the experience! It is my neighborhood go to place! Dr. J Anthony JoseySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedRJsMomDined on 11/21/2014I've visited Copper Canyon Grill for years and I've yet to be disappointed. My 7 year old son loves the place (and even requests to eat there from time to time), and every friend that I've introduced to Copper Canyon has enjoyed their visit and has really enjoyed the food and dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated a birthday, excellent choice!JJosey5099VIPDined on 11/16/2014Planned my birthday dinner at Copper Canyon, it was an excellent choice! Enrique was at his best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for pre-movie dinner!MoCoDinerDined on 11/15/2014Excellent variety of food options, both on regular menu and specials, with very prompt & pleasant service. Four of us dined before seeing a movie at Rio. All were very pleased with our meals - including honoring some slight "custom" requests -- and we finished in plenty of time to get to the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceLBBBDined on 11/9/2014Portions here are huge, and very very good. Substitutions cheerfully honored (one of the specials had a side of sautéed spinach, which I subbed for my meal, and it was delicious). Always good food and plenty of it.
- Wonderful!GingerVIPDined on 11/9/2014Brian was our server and he was able to handle a large group with ease. Food was fabulous and we had a great time. Your staff is wonderful. The Hostess is the Best and we always know we will get great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Tiara Club ReviewTiaraClubDined on 11/9/2014Our server and the wait-staff in general were very attentive to our needs all through our brunch. They could tell we wanted to "gab" and let us have our space at the same time keeping an "eye on our needs". We really enjoy our brunch spot because we always end up walking over to Charming Charlie's afterwards and we go shopping (and work off a few of those calories - doing the walking!!).Special Features:
- Always GoodCoachDined on 10/25/2014Every time you know your going to get good food! Service is excellent.grat meatloaf!Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceLBBBDined on 10/24/2014We were seated promptly. Service was attentive. Food was very good. Ribs are excellent. Potions are huge. The only negative is the noise level. "Energetic" doesn't really describe it. It is difficult to hear across the table.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodTrudyVIPDined on 10/23/2014You can always count on good food and good service. Don't miss hearing about the specials!Special Features:
- Always very good !BettisVIPDined on 10/17/2014Very good every single time. Great team service staff. Food/Bev very consistent.Special Features:
- Awesome!TopNotchDined on 10/17/2014You just cannot go wrong dining here. The food is excellent every time and that goes for all the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynnLynnVIPDined on 10/13/2014Food is always great. Very acomodating to special requestsSpecial Features:
- Always a winnerLLV2VIPDined on 10/13/2014Second day in a row! Dinner at the bar last evening. Lunch with a colleague today. You can always count on great food, terrific ambience and solid service. No wonder I carry a Woodfire frequent diner card!
- Dr JoseyJJosey5099VIPDined on 10/5/2014Excellent choice for dinner. Our server Enrique is the best!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceKeys14Dined on 10/4/2014If you want great food, great atmosphere and great service then this is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Groups!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014Great choice for group dining if you make a reservation in advance! I personally love the Pot Pie! The covered patio offers a beautiful view of the lake.Special Features:
- came back because I like the foodlyp4Dined on 10/3/2014I went for a family dinner to celebrate my son's birthday. I love the atmosphere that's why we chose to come back, however, people at the bar get really loud which turns the ambiance into a sports bar. Last time we sat outside and they were doing all the screaming, this time they were doing it inside. It's kind of misleading. Beautiful place, very noisy. My ribs were good, but I didn't finish them because I kept seeing some white gooey particle in them. It was actually disgusting looking so my brother , whom recommended the ribs, ate them. Love the potatoes. My kids were pleased and full, my son's desert was good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/30/2014I had their crab cakes. Lots of crab, not much filler. They come with fries but I substuted spinach which we'll seasoned and tender. Service was prompt and not intrusive. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Wait 40 min for entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014The time waited for main course is unacceptable, though the waitress tried hard to please by her explanation. Not only our food is slow, most tables were even waited for simple salads. That is lunch time we experienced. Wood not grill offers better services n prime ribs.Special Features:
- dinner at Copper CanyonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014great service, excellent recommendation for the wine. Kids were served quickly. The food was very good. On the negative side the place is very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BsquaredVIPDined on 9/19/2014service was poorly coordinated. brought the appetizer salad with the main course (sent back)
- Dress Code or No Dress CodeTwittyBirdDined on 9/19/2014This was my first time visiting and it was on a Friday. I looked on-line and saw that the prices were above average so I figured there may be a dress code. When I arrived I asked the lady if I was dressed appropriately since this was my first time dining there. The first lady said that they require a jacket for men which meant that the lady had to be dressed-up as well. The other lady looked at me and said that "I was fine." While I was waiting for my other party to arrive, I observed all kinds of people dressed in any and everything (e.g., shorts, jogging attire, men with suit jacket, men without suit jacket, men in shorts, men in jeans, ladies in dressed, ladies in shorts.) Is there a dress code or not? The food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanielVIPDined on 9/14/2014got a chance to dine here Sunday morning. The food is delicious and service is great. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Good extremely peppery!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I ordered a steak with mashed potatoes and green beans and everything was extremely peppery. The pepper wasn't ground completely so I ended up chewing on big chunks of it. Too much and too overpowering. It took away from the meal. Dessert was excellent and so was their service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy to enjoy dining thereEllenHDined on 9/11/2014We'd been to Copper Canyon Grill before & enjoyed our experience enough to return for dinner. The noise level was so loud that the servers kept asking us to repeat our orders & requests. The 4 entrees that we ordered did not come out of the kitchen together - 1 came out & the other 3 were 10 minutes later. One water glass was returned because of the taste. The food itself was fine: good ribs, spicy meatloaf as indicated on the menu & crab cakes a little spicy with beans as filler. Side salads were fresh & generous in size. We liked giving up 2 sides for one side salad without an extra charge.Special Features:
- A good evening...!AlanVIPDined on 9/6/2014Copper Canyon has a wide selection of food offering for all tastes. And the portions are generous. A reliable place for quality food, good ambiance, and family get togethers...!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LIve4foodDined on 8/30/2014Service was outstanding, food was excellent, but the noise level was pretty high. Difficult to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyableWintermuteDined on 8/29/2014We had an early dinner on the Friday of Labor Day Weekend, and it was a bit quieter because of that, by the time we left it was starting to get a line at the entrance and the noise level was rising. It gets very hard to hear very quickly there. The food is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodLLV2VIPDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant is a mile from my house. The outdoor seating area is incredible. Large. Overlooking the lake and new carousel. Tables are NOT on top of each other. Serving protocols allow anyone to take care of you whether they are "your" server or not. Food is consistently good and the pacing is solid. My go-to dish is the house salad with rotisserie chicken and adobo dressing. It never disappoints. Frankly, Copper Canyon never disappoints, because when something DOESN'T go well, they fix it - immediately.Special Features:
- Anniversary and BirthdayJJosey5099VIPDined on 8/28/2014Awesome experience for our celebration! We felt like celebrities the entire night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/25/2014We dined to celebrate a friend's 65th birthday. We requested ouside seating , since it was a beautiful evening. The waitress came promptly with menus and took our wine order. Most of us had the Ahi Tuna salad, which was excellent in taste and presentation. We did get a complimentary dessert of choice for the birthday girl.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014The wait staff were great, very attentive. The food was fantastic. The only problem with our dinner (a celebration of my 13yr old granddaughter's birthday) was the family behind us (two couples) who were arguing. But that was not the fault of the restaurant, although if one of the staff had stopped by and asked the one woman to lower her voice, I would not have minded.Special Features:
- Good food and drinksAJCinMDDined on 8/22/2014Like the Silver Spring location, it's a great place to enjoy dinner and drinks. Love the meatloaf and the sweet glazed carrots. Service is OK, but the "group" service model often leads to forgotten items and/or repeated requests.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service at busy rest.OttertheoracleDined on 8/22/2014Been here four times in a short time span. The service is enthusiastic and good despite (or thanks to) the young staff. The chicken is best and do not miss dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i'll only say this...AlohaboyVIPDined on 8/17/2014the ribs used to be a lot better. Everything else was pretty good.
- foodiefavDined on 8/17/2014Food was good but not sure if server was new .. had to wait for syrup/butter for pancakes. took a while and food was cold. Been there before for brunch and had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BetsyVIPDined on 8/16/2014This is the second time that this restaurant screwed up. I think it is the management, They need more customer service training. Very disappointing. I have been to the one in Silver Spring, much more organized and great service. Corporate needs to spend time at Rio, there is a huge disconnect.
- My experienceRobistakeonitDined on 8/13/2014I have eaten at this establishment about 4 times and each time was as great as the last. I will be back!Special Features:
- ecotaitDined on 8/12/2014We had a drink at the bar first while we waited for the rest of our party to join us (great happy hour deals). When we sat down, we had great service. The entrees were very tasty. Among them, we had the ahi tuna, crab cakes and rotisserie chicken salad. The crab cakes were the best of the lot. The only part of the meal that gets a thumbs down was the appetizers. The egg rolls were greasy and over-fried' the clam chowder was basic and could have come from a can. Based on the entrées, I think there's room for improvement with the apps!Special Features: