Houston, TX 77005Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coppaosteriahouston.com/
- Phone: (713) 522-3535
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Monday -Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm -11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm -9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Brandi Key
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Bethany Mead 7135223535x
A word from Coppa Osteria
Coppa Osteria is located on the ground level of the Hanover building at 5210 Morningside, nestled between the South Hampton and West University neighborhoods. The restaurant is easily accessible by foot or drive on over, valet is available at a $4 charge. Coppa Osteria offers lunch and dinner service 7 days a week, a full service bar with NFL ticket and a patio perfect for outside dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Coppa Osteria reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (19)hot spot (15)good for groups (13)notable wine list (13)great for outdoor dining (12)special occasion (11)great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (6)romantic (4)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great for LunchSLeaDined on 11/14/2014A friend and I had lunch at the bar. The service was great as was the food. I had the linguini and shrimp which was light and flavorful and the highlight for me was the broccolini sautéed with crispy garlic and a little heat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good night at CoppaJohnVIPDined on 11/10/2014Entertaining a visitor at Coppa. We were there on a Monday night, not as busy as usual, which was good because the noise level was lower. Requested a quiet table and were accommodated with a nice table in the corner near the windows so we had a good view of street foot traffic. Started with the charcuterie appetizer, which was a great starter for 4. 3 of the 4 of us had the snapper special that was great. The 4th had the pork chop which was also cooked to perfection and well presented.Special Features:
- FoodpassionDined on 11/7/2014Menu has a wide range of good food, attentive service and extremely reasonable wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodfoodie2shoesVIPDined on 11/4/2014What took me so long to get here ? I took time away from restaurant hopping , it seems it became a trend with a bunch of restaurants opening and riding the trend wave good atmosphere but okay food . Coppa food has been consistent the 5 times I've been there .. Everything on the menu is great, especially the CarbonaraSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fooddibphdVIPDined on 11/3/2014Monday night must be slow; restaurant was fairly empty. Food was good, but service was just mediocre.Special Features:
- PeteVIPDined on 10/31/2014Truly excellent food complimented by a spectacular wine list with truly reasonable pricesSpecial Features:
- Vastly overpricedLahdidahVIPDined on 10/31/2014Food was good to very good but for $40-50 per person I expect more than one pizza, one pasta, one dessert, one glass of wine and two iced teas. Seriously that was it. No salad. No bread. No appetizers. One shared dessert.
- Great Place!SweetDelilahDined on 10/29/2014Went here for a business lunch, it is great for groups of 6 or less. Quiet, no children (which is amazingly hard to find in Rice Village). WONDERFUL food. I got the roasted chicken sandwich and it was wonderful. The pizzas looked incredible as well. The price is a little hard to swalllow ($13 for a chicken sandwhich) but it only slightly (about $2) more than any other place in the same area, but much nicer and quieter. I hope they keep the prices high, as it discourages children attending. Don't recommend the outdoor dining right now, as there is a lot of construction across the street, but it will be a gread outdoor spot, similar to Black Walnut.Special Features:
- Good but...DE153Dined on 10/24/2014If you want an adult experience don't go here otherwise it's greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodstrohjVIPDined on 10/19/2014You have to try the spaghetti carbonara.. it will remind you of a time where life was simple and elegant and everything was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch on Sunday noonFood4loverDined on 10/19/2014Copa Osteria is an excellent restaurant. We like the food, the ambiance and the service that they offer there. The appetizers are wonderful and the entrees astonishing and the Hazelnut Chocolate Cake is heavenly. For sure I will recommend Copa Osteria every time I have to speak about special place for food in Houston area.Special Features:
- Great Menu and WineZenBillyDined on 10/17/2014This was our second visit and the draw was the food and a wine we had first experienced elsewhere but so well priced at Coppa. Our group arrived early and enjoyed the tempura shrimp, calamari and fennel. We also worked a tasty cheese board fairly well before ordering our main courses. The wine of the evening was Robert Biale's Black Chicken Zinfandel - delicious. Two of us enjoyed the snapper entre and two enjoyed the Bolognese. Both entrees were well prepared and tasty. Service all night was excellent, attentive and our server added to our appreciation of the restaurant, the meal and the menu.Special Features:
- wonderful!KellyDined on 10/10/2014My guest and I enjoyed all the food we had. All the food was inventive & fresh. She was visiting from out of town and I felt like she got a really good example of what amazing Houston food is all about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 123 reviews are from the Coppa Osteria reviews archive.
- expected moremichiachiDined on 4/15/2014totally unexpected food quality and service; expected same as Brasserie 19. Disappointed.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceTracyMCDined on 4/6/2014I'm a huge fan of Coppa Ristorante, and so it was no surprise that its sister restaurant Coppa Osteria is also amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun evening at Coppa!angelapDined on 4/5/2014Four of us went to Coppa last Saturday night and had a great evening. While we waited for our table to be ready, we went to the bar and had a cocktail. Even though the bar was hopping, we got great, personal service from the bartender who mixed up two great drinks that were off the menu. We told him what we liked and put ourselves in his capable hands and were rewarded with some delicious cocktails. At dinner, we ordered plates for all four of us to share in the center of the table so that we could have lots of tastes. Every bite was exceptional! In fact, it was so fun and yummy that we are going back this coming Saturday with some out of town visitors!Special Features:
- Food did not meet their usualOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2014Food did not meet their usual standard - Service has always been good but not this time - over all a fair experience. Had we not had several previous excellant experiences we would not be back.Special Features:
- Great WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2014Our Waiter, Paul, was outstanding. It was our first trip to Coppa and we discussed with him that we wanted to try different dishes. He made excellent recomendations espicially the wine. We had big plates to share the dishes and the food was great. We made reservations which is key and had a great time.Special Features:
- ordered the vegetable panini,dingsterVIPDined on 3/29/2014ordered the vegetable panini, chicken sandwich, and kale salad. especially enjoyed sitting outside on a sunny Houston day. food was great, as was the service.Special Features:
- Great addition to Rice VillageSeekingGoodFoodVIPDined on 3/28/2014Ate here with the family on a Friday night. Very busy. Recommend going early and/or making a reservation. Mostly casual to business casual crowd - no shorts around. Appetizers were great! Had the burrata, chickpeas, fried zuccini. Entrees were good but not great. We liked that it wasn't traditional italian so it was nice to still have pasta in a different way. Ravioli was the favorite entree. For dessert, we liked the donuts better than the tiramasu. We plan on coming again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Up and DownSusanAnn13VIPDined on 3/28/2014This is the fifth time I've been to Coppa Osteria in Rice Village. It's a new restaurant every time - meaning sometimes the food is fabulous, and sometimes it's okay. On Friday night I enjoyed the eggplant appetizer on the regular menu and the gulf coast red snapper fish special. The eggplant was fine, but I wouldn't order it again. The fish was divine. I had berries and panna cotta for dessert which was delicious. We enjoyed the Kistler chardonnay with our meal. Our server was friendly and knowledgable. We arrived at 6:30 p.m. and were out by 8:00 p.m. By 7:00 p.m.ish the families with little people are rolling out and the restaurant is packed for the rest of the night. Make reservations or plan to spend time at their lovely bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't seat on timeMarkDined on 3/22/2014On my third of three visits, I realized that a reservation means little and this restaurant seats patrons when they feel like it. I've averaged a 20-minute wait for a table, each time. They make no apologies or accommodations, which includes a proper waiting area or vacant bar seating. I'll revert to the location on Washington going forward.
- Great ItalianIbujVIPDined on 3/17/2014My husband and I have to eat here once a week. Simple, great Italian food, yet modern. Chickpeas are so good. Pizzas are amazing. Great for lunch and dinner. Such a versatile restaurant - casual, but still nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- coppaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014The only reason I can't give them a higher rating is because our reservation was at 9 and we were not sat until 9:45.Special Features:
- Visit to ItalyManishaDined on 3/14/2014The food is amazing! Took me back to Italy! My Boyfriend loves Tiramisu and this place delivered! The wait staff is attentive and the ambiance was just right for a perfect date night. This place can be casual or dressy depending on the night you're looking for. Great for all types.Special Features:
- Surprise FindAMullallyDined on 3/14/2014Was recommended by friend at last minute. The food and wine selection if impressive with very nice decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine prices!OpenTableDinerVIPDined on 3/9/2014You can't beat the wine prices at Coppa Osteria. They have a small but good wine list and the prices are far below most other restaurants. The pizza margarita is excellent as are the cured meats. Friendly and helpful staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood assetLegaleagleDined on 3/7/2014Very lively and upbeat. Nice service, very friendly and helpful. Good food. A bit noisy. Casual and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is always amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/7/2014I love Coppa! I always have a wonderful dining experience and the food and service are always consistent! A must try restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperienceAlexVIPDined on 3/7/2014Second time at Coppa and it just get's better. The food was fantastic and the service outstanding. Sampled a Pecan Rye Manhattan that was outstanding. Will be going back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- many missteps..a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/6/2014Took a friend here and was offered a reservation table right next to the hostess and the door-no options for elsewhere. When we ordered bread it came midway through the meal..ordered a regular and a decaf cappuccino-when they arrived the delivery waiter had no idea which was which..so another delay. One can overlook these things when food is superb..it wasn't gulf snapper expensive, very salty -a disappoinment. Won't return for some time..Special Features:
- Birthday lunch was a hit!QoftheJDined on 3/6/201412 of us came here to celebrate a birthday. Most had never been to Coppa previously...and were a little worried that they would not enjoy the food. I am happy to say that everyone was very happy with their choices! And it was great that they were able to take a reservation for our large group at lunchtime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerfoodie52Dined on 3/2/2014Came to Coppa Osteria on Sun eve 02March2014 with my wife for a dinner out on her birthday. She had the lasagna and I had the fusilli. Both were outstanding choices, with excellent flavor and good portion size. We had glasses of different house wine (pino grigio, chianti) - which we liked - and split a cannoli (three) dessert. The chocolate chip-containing cannoli filling was superb. Our waitress was attentive, warm, and friendly - we were more than satisfied with the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eatsFrankie8Dined on 2/27/2014The wait was minimal. Menu as excellent. Service and food, wine choices outstanding. Overall great experience in a neighborhood location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent lunch at CoppaOpenTableDinerVIPDined on 2/25/2014Coppa Osteria has home made pasta, house cured salami and great pizza. It's a really good, casual restaurant to relax and enjoy some excellent dishes. They always make you feel at home here and the outdoor tables are great when the weather is comfortable. This restaurant group (Brasserie 19, Coppa Ristorante, Ibiza and the soon to open Punks Simple Southern Food) is growing fast and growing well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyDonnaDined on 2/24/2014I had a salad and soup and it cost me over $25......I think that is too much for lunch. They also don't serve bread unless you buy it. With all the new restaurants in town, I think I will try someplace else next time.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceJennVIPDined on 2/22/2014The only reason the overall expdrience was a 4 star versus 5 star , was that we had reservations, but we were not seated until 45 minutes after our reservation time. Besides that, our dining experience was fantastic. Great prices on bottles of wine and the scene reminds me of being in a neighborhood restuarnt in New York.Special Features:
- Love the carbonara. PointAnonymousDined on 2/20/2014Love the carbonara. Point blank. Pasta outperforms pizza here. And thank you to the generous bartenders.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decline of ServiceItalianfooddevoteeVIPDined on 2/19/2014From its beginnings we have been long-standing patrons of Coppa Osteria. The food remains first rate, but we have noticed a gradual and now a precipitous decline in service, now almost to the point of comedy. We had wait staff wandering around to each table with food not knowing which table had ordered it. The pity is that the original wait staff working when the restaurant opened was far superior.Special Features:
- The Godfather would be HappyRmistryDined on 2/16/2014When Coppa in the Village opened up, I was excited. It is in a prime location which needed some good Italian dining. Appointments are hard to get on the weekend so plan ahead of time and make reservations. Usually walk ins will take about and hour to an hour and half. There are tables which are close to the entry door so when booking reservations online, request the back seating if you wish to not have the chilly air from the cold weather outside blowing at you every time the door opens. Hostess: 5/5 Wait staff: 4/5 Food: 5/5 Wine: 4/5 Overall, a great dining experience for almost any occasion. I would recommend this to friends, family and co-workers.Special Features: