Copley's on Palm Canyon
621 N Palm Canyon Dr
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Copley's on Palm Canyon
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.copleyspalmsprings.com/
- Phone: 7603279555x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Andrew Copley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Copley’s on Palm Canyon has built a reputation as the perfect place for special events from cocktail parties, impressive business dinners to weddings and receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Juliana Copley 7603279555x
A word from Copley's on Palm Canyon
Copley’s is an award-winning restaurant serving American cuisine infused with hints of tropical and European flavors. Located in part of the former Cary Grant estate in the heart of Palm Springs, guests experience an upscale and inviting dining experience either outside on the patio with stunning mountain views or by enjoying the friendly atmosphere indoors. Executive Chef Andrew Copley has an extensive 20-year culinary background at five-star restaurants and hotels across the world, and is well known for innovative dishes such as 'Oh My Lobster Pot Pie' and Niman Ranch Pork Chop and creative nightly specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Copley's on Palm Canyon - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Copley's on Palm Canyon reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (110)romantic (90)special occasion (90)fit for foodies (74)neighborhood gem (48)scenic view (36)notable wine list (33)good for groups (32)hot spot (11)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- dinner at CopleysOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Copleys is my favorite restaurants in Palm Springs. The venue is picturesque - indoors or outside. The food is always beautifully prepared and served with care and expertise for the perfect dining experience. It's intimate but welcoming to younger diners too.Special Features:
- Excellent in every wayRickyBVIPDined on 8/30/2014The ambience is so subdued and ideal. The service is just the right amount of attentive. The food tastes fresh and perfectly prepared. This is a restaurant that will impress out-of-town guests and make them want to move here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingPaulDined on 8/30/2014The food exceptional and the service was top tier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic dinnerjgarchDined on 8/29/2014Our dinner at Copley's was truly lovely - the setting is charming, the garden dining is the best in Palm Springs, the service is PROFESSIONAL!, a rarity in the desert, and the food was delicious. The chef knows how to cook fish - it is consistently perfectly cooked. While there are new restaurants opening in the valley, Copley's is a true fine dining establishment with a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. I recommend without reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip. Go to Johannes or Spencer'sHandRVIPDined on 7/4/2014This PS "classic" offers a tired ambiance, lousy service, average food and poor value. From start to finish, we were underwhelmed by this PS "classic". Ambiance is 70s in an original and tired way, not hip or fun. Service was terrible from all the staff all night. No smiles, no friendliness. Food was just okay. Starters of Caesar and beet salads were nothing special. Mains were steak (perfectly cooked and seasoned, to be fair) and halibut (dry and bland). Servers slapped down plates with nary a smile or nicety. Our waiter was not friendly nor attentive. He placed down dessert menu and said "Dessert menu" and walked away. Par for the course all evening. Avoid and go to Johannes or Spencer's if you are looking for fine dining in PS.
- Anniversary DinnerJenniBeeDined on 7/4/2014This was our first time. Every part of our dinner was top notch. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small and intimate.RomanDined on 7/2/2014While in Palm Springs we are always looking for new places to dine at. Copley's is one of those places that is definitely an unforgetable experience. As you enter you pass through a courtyard that is perfect for outdoor dining. We happened to be there on an evening where tempature was 107, so outdoor dining was out of the question. We were seated inside by a window with a terrific view. Food was outstanding. Food could easily surpass any meal with top restaurants in New York City. Would always highly recommend.Special Features:
- Always consistent and great staff.SterlingDined on 7/1/2014Love this place! Was there last month for my birthday and a special date. One month later to celebrate dating one month. It was so nice and romantic. We were not rushed, order at our leisure and held hands. We never felt rush during our meal. Reservation was for 6:30 and we led tat 9;00. I love this place and will always consider it my personal favorite places to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find in downtown PSIrvineDinersDined on 6/28/2014It was great to find this beautiful restaurant with great food near downtown Palm Springs. The noise level may not be as high as I rated it, but we couldn't tell because we were seated next to a very noisy group of people.Special Features:
- Di2DineDi2DineDined on 6/28/2014Food very good, service was pleasant but a little thin on the ground... Host was so surly, quite uninviting..Lucky the Food is so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice little spotOjaiorangeDined on 6/27/2014We really enjoyed our dinner, the food was fun, innovative and well prepared. Our server was great, informed and very efficient. We had the duck breast and the wild Scottish salmon with some really good salads and apps, the desert with their homemade salted caramel ice cream was devine. We sat on the patio, they had misters on which really helped keep the temps down. One table complained they did not like the "sprinklers" and they were turned off for them, when everyone on the patio complained it was getting hot, they turned them on and dealt with the complainers and it was fine. Really pretty view of the mountains behind the restaurant. Only thing I did not like was the kids running around unattended by parents. Distracting.Special Features:
- recommended by friendsokyawhatevaDined on 6/26/2014Service was good, ambience was pretty, food had very little flavor.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014I had to send back my pork chop because it was so tough :(
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/25/2014It was very quiet when we arrived at 7:00 p.m. - the waiter was very thoughtful and provided the right amount of attention. The food was great. I enjoyed the rack of lamb - very good decision. I loved the quiet, romantic atmosphere of the place. Would have loved to sit outdoors, but in June it's just too hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not honor our reservationVMVPPDined on 6/22/2014We made a reservation through Open Table and showed up only to be turned away because there was a private party and the restaurant was closed to the public. Why did they not bother to close off reservations on open table?
- 8wellDined on 6/20/2014this is one of the many times I've eaten here and it gets better every time. I took two friends who were the ones who took me here the first time. it is also one of there favorite dining spots in palm springs. the very best.Special Features:
- Great dinner.ScottGDined on 6/17/2014Food, service and ambiance were about perfect. We were celebrating a friends birthday and lingered comfortably over a 3 hour dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningpslocalsDined on 6/15/2014Took my husband here for his birthday. Couldn't have chosen a better spot. We dined outside with a backdrop of our wonderful mountains and the soft lights of there beautiful landscaped gardens. They have added misters recently to enhance ther outside eating area. The waiter having taken note on my reservation that it was my husband's birthday, wished him a happy birthday as he seated us. He also brought him a complementary birthday desert at the conclusion of our meal. Service is impecabible here...always there when you need something but never intrusive. The food here is always exquisite and artfully displayed. This is a very special place for a special meal.Special Features:
- O.M.G! Simply, The bestpalmspringspastryDined on 6/14/2014Copley's is a gem. We went there for our 40th anniversary as we do every year and throughout. It is always 5 star. Try the lavender scented lamb chops. or BBQ pork t-bone steak. Chef Andrew owner/ chef, really knows how.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quite the experiencefinelikewineDined on 6/13/2014Though its located on the main drag we had to make a few U turns to find it. This tiny quaint gem look like a small cottage in the middle of a big city so it was not noticabke at first. With complimentary valet parking we were greeted by the host with a warm hello and whether we would like indoor or outdoor seating. Our waiter waiter was extremely educated on the menu and wine list and was very helpful when it came time to order. I had the lamb and it was moist, tender, and extremely flavor full. The wine was paired perfectly along with the atmosphere and weather to tie the entire night together. If you're looking for a romantic meal or a nice dinner with friends this is definitely the place to enjoy in beautiful Palm Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 6/8/2014The halibut was moist and had a tasty Asian ginger sauce...not too overwhelming, but enough to tantalize the palate! I enjoy the beautiful patio and the misters made the warm evening a delightful temperature. The only criticism I have is that I wish people with dogs would leave them home. I like dogs, but I think they do not belong at upscale dining restaurants. (Especially big dogs)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week was a deal!OCandPSdinerVIPDined on 6/7/2014Excellent selections for Palm Springs restaurant week and at $38 it was a good deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food with PanachesagewoodVIPDined on 6/7/2014Well done Copley's. Our first visit did not disappoint during Restaurant Week. The Ahi Tuna is to live for. Flown in fresh from Hawaii, it is exquisitely prepared with a light ginger sauce. Attentive service is a bonus.Special Features:
- GREAT EVENING OUTdesertratsDined on 6/7/2014The evening was perfect. I booked on Open Table. Realizing later that I had missed mentioning a birthday for my husband, I emailed them directly. They got the message and followed through with a candle. It was restaurant week and the pre-fixe was full of excellent choices. Desert was a sampler of wonderful items. This was a third time for us and we consider it one of our favorites in Palm Springs.Special Features:
- Great eveningPeggyDined on 6/7/2014We ended our Restaurant Week dining at Copley's. What a great experience. The food was wonderful and the wait staff were very attentive. We've been going every year since we discovered Copley's and every experience has been well worth the drive from Indio. Copley's is one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Evening2retiredDined on 6/6/2014Simply excellent in every way! We enjoyed a great martini at the indoor bar before being escorted to a beautiful outdoor dining location. Everyone from the valet to the restaurant staff was welcoming. They created a very special setting in which to enjoy outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MelBoDined on 6/5/2014AMAZING!!! WENT FOR THE FIRST TIME DURING RESTAURANT WEEK, WILL DEFINATELY BE BACK. ONE OF THE BEST DINNERS OUT WE HAVE HAD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceJayBillyDined on 6/5/2014Anytime you can have a fabulous meal with a view of the mountains, you can't go wrong. The duck and ahi were outstanding and the ravioli appetizer melted in your mouth. We weren't crazy about the apple crisp, but everything else was excellent. From being greeted by Doug when we arrived until the time we left we felt very much at home.Special Features:
- peterrob92262Dined on 6/5/2014Dinner with my husband and a friend. Great food, good drinks, good service. Nice ambience. Very good dining experience. We will be returning.Special Features:
- Charming & DeliciousblueingreenVIPDined on 6/5/2014This was our first experience at Copley's, and we came in for restaurant week. It was a wonderful experience--the highlight was the food, which was simply delicious. We came in early, around 5:30 on a Thursday, and there were only a few diners, but by 7:00 the place was packed and getting louder. But it wasn't surprising--places like this always attract a crowd. We had a wonderful time, and expect to go back.Special Features:
- CRASHDined on 6/4/2014EXCELENT FOOD AND SERVICE. WILL DEFINTLY GO AGAIN. IDEAL FOR A SPECIAL OCCAISIONSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal I've had in Palm SpringsFoodieLifterDined on 6/3/2014I've heard lots of good reviews of Copley's, so decided to try it out for the first time during Restaurant Week. It did not disappoint! We sat outside and despite the heat, the misters provided a welcome cooling effect. It was difficult to decide on an appetizer and entree, because many sounded great. They even had a couple of extra items that weren't even on the menu. My dining companion and I both ordered different appetizers and entrees, and both sets were fantastic. Then they threw in a dessert sampler into the mix. It was definitely worth a lot more than the $38 RW price. Wines by the glass were more reasonably priced than I would have expected as well. I am definitely going back the next time I am in town.Special Features:
- Classic Palm Springs BeautywwdinerDined on 6/3/2014Copley's is a Palm Springs institution and I understand why now that I've dined there. The location is convenient and offers majestic views of the mountain from the lovely outdoor courtyard dining area. Both the food and the service are excellent. I found it to be a notch above other local restaurants and would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing, amazing, amazing!MooshooDined on 6/2/2014This place was the perfect romantic restaurant for a 2 year anniversary. We did the restaurant week menu and had one of the best meals of my life. I definitely consider myself a foodie being able to experience the best places in the Bay Area. The ambiance, our server, the blue cheese crusted mashed potatoes was like a dream. Definitely going back next year! Thank you Copleys for making our experience so wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ANOTHER fantastic experienceKenKDined on 6/2/2014Sometimes boring is boring, but not when it comes to the overall dining experience at Copley's. From the warm greeting by Greg, the great service, and always consistent and excellent food -- you can't go wrong. If you are dining with that one special person or a group -- doesn't matter, you'll be treated great by everyone there. If you haven't tried Copley's -- what have you been waiting for?Special Features:
- Never fails to pleaseHappyNana3VIPDined on 6/1/2014Copley's is always a WOW. Restaurant week is an amazing value. We took 1st timers there and they were enthralled. They will be back. Everyone loved their dinner, but the duck breast and the halibut were outstanding. The beet lovers among us went nuts over the salad. Charming atmosphere.Special Features:
- Always great!SterlingDined on 6/1/2014I have been going since it opened and it is consistently great. They always do a great job at presentation and taste. Never have a bad meal and recommend it every time.Special Features:
- Elegant and WonderfulHopeDined on 6/1/2014Our dinner was spectacular, from the amazing Beet,Pear and Goat cheese Salad just perfection, and the Breast of Duck done to perfection, to a wonderful selection of taste deserts with a chocolate mouse so rich and decadent . The Service was so very thoughtful and helpful and our waiter was charming. Will definitely return for other occasions.Special Features:
- Excellent for Palm Springs FoodiescinsolVIPDined on 6/1/2014There are few choices in Palm Springs which consistently deliver for a foodie who is interested in the freshest ingredients, consistent and innovative execution and excellent service. I've been to Copley's now four times (most recently during restaurant week) and have been consistently thrilled with the execution. Innovative dishes, expertly prepared and in the case of our most recent visit - expertly served. Special shout out to Victor who was just a delight throughout our dining experience. Well done keeping the quality where it should be on every aspect Copley's!Special Features:
- OverratedGourmandDined on 5/31/2014A unique setting but don't sit inside if you don't want to feel isolated. The patio was packed with bachelorette parties. Didn't feel like sophisticated dining. Very touristy and the servers were loud and inattentive.Special Features: