Copley's on Palm Canyon
621 N Palm Canyon Dr
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Copley's on Palm Canyon
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.copleyspalmsprings.com/
- Phone: 7603279555x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Andrew Copley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Copley’s on Palm Canyon has built a reputation as the perfect place for special events from cocktail parties, impressive business dinners to weddings and receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Juliana Copley 7603279555x
A word from Copley's on Palm Canyon
Copley’s is an award-winning restaurant serving American cuisine infused with hints of tropical and European flavors. Located in part of the former Cary Grant estate in the heart of Palm Springs, guests experience an upscale and inviting dining experience either outside on the patio with stunning mountain views or by enjoying the friendly atmosphere indoors. Executive Chef Andrew Copley has an extensive 20-year culinary background at five-star restaurants and hotels across the world, and is well known for innovative dishes such as 'Oh My Lobster Pot Pie' and Niman Ranch Pork Chop and creative nightly specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Copley's on Palm Canyon - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Copley's on Palm Canyon reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (103)special occasion (88)romantic (82)fit for foodies (76)neighborhood gem (45)notable wine list (31)scenic view (30)good for groups (29)hot spot (13)late-night find (7)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Food LoversHOTELBOBBYDined on 9/13/2014Great Martini. Start with the Taco. Creative menu. Great serviceSpecial Features:
- Well done, done wellJohnny555VIPDined on 9/13/2014Back from their summer hiatus and still doing it right. Good menu, great specials and superior service. What's not to like.Special Features:
- Great night outclayful1VIPDined on 9/13/2014This beautiful location makes for special times to be memorable. The service is attentive and the food is wonderful.Special Features:
- Favorite only gets betterKittyCityfoodieDined on 9/10/2014Amazing, intimate restaurant with a well-rounded menu. Chef/owner Andrew Copley creates dishes - from apps to desserts - that are seasonal and locally sourced. Ahi tacos are one of Andrew's not to miss apps and the new Colorado lamb chops are sweet, juicy and cooked to perfection. Tried the Key Lime Pie w/basil ice cream (always a favorite), which was perfection.Special Features:
- Celebrating? Choose another placePSPdinningVIPDined on 9/9/2014First I would point out that everything about Copley's is fine. However at this price point I wouldn't expect anything else but great food, etc; and therein lies my complaint. If you are planning on spending over $100 each, there are lots of great choices in Palm Springs! When considering that elite group of restaurants, Copley's gets a 'C' or average in my book. My spouse and I just recently celebrated our 30th wedding aniversary and choose Copley's for our special evening. Again, everything was just fine but most restaurants in town would comp you a desert or maybe even an appertiff for celebrating with them. Copley's didn't comp anything. The only 'splurge' on their part was sticking a birthday candle in our shared key lime pie.Special Features:
- Copley's ReviewfridayniteoutingsDined on 9/6/2014Our server was Victor. He was a wonderful server who made sure we always had drinks and food. Our dinners were served piping hot and at the same time for our party of 5. It was my husband's 65th birthday celebration & they surprised us with an inviting basal ice cream and fruit servings. We certainly will be back in the near future.. thank you..Special Features:
- Highly recommended....OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/5/2014First, the service was amazing! Our waiter was friendly and attentive. A shared salad was presents already split. However, both our meals were undercooked. My lamb was rare and my partner's scallops were raw inside. He asked me not to address this at the time, so I am glad for the opportunity to bring this up. Given the calibre of the restaurant, I have every confidence that they would have rectified the situation without question.
- Impeccable as alwaysPSResidentDined on 9/4/2014The food and service never disappoints. The menu changes frequently so you always have a chance to try something new. Always superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 49th Anniversary DinnerpatkDined on 9/4/2014Food, service and efficiency all at the very best level. My salad of heirloom tomatoes, kalamata olives, and deliightful greens was superb. My wife really enjoyed her Ceasar as well. My entee of scallops and Thai meat balls and couscos was very good. Ginger enjoyed her duck breast wrapped in pastrami. Wine was good. Ambiance, you can tell the recent renovation has made the whole expeience extremely satisfying. ThanksSpecial Features:
- one of our favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014A special evening with friends and the food, ambiance, and attention to detail were all beyond expectations. e should come back more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner at CopleysLolavia1022Dined on 8/31/2014Copleys is my favorite restaurants in Palm Springs. The venue is picturesque - indoors or outside. The food is always beautifully prepared and served with care and expertise for the perfect dining experience. It's intimate but welcoming to younger diners too.Special Features:
- Excellent in every wayRickyBVIPDined on 8/30/2014The ambience is so subdued and ideal. The service is just the right amount of attentive. The food tastes fresh and perfectly prepared. This is a restaurant that will impress out-of-town guests and make them want to move here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatsteveportmoodyVIPDined on 8/30/2014This is an expensive restaurant, with appetizers in the $12 to $16 range, main courses $25 to $30 and dessert $12. For that one should expect outstanding food. On this occasion we felt it was good but no more. The appetizer of lobster and prawn was served as a kind of ceviche with a non-descript sauce and lacking any flavour of fresh seafood ( the restaurant did take this off the bill). The ahi tuna special was superb, the duck was ok, but the outer slice was fatty and the skin wasn't crisp. Presentation was very good and wine list had lots of selections under $40. Wait staff was competent.Special Features:
- OutstandingPaulDined on 8/30/2014The food exceptional and the service was top tier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic dinnerjgarchDined on 8/29/2014Our dinner at Copley's was truly lovely - the setting is charming, the garden dining is the best in Palm Springs, the service is PROFESSIONAL!, a rarity in the desert, and the food was delicious. The chef knows how to cook fish - it is consistently perfectly cooked. While there are new restaurants opening in the valley, Copley's is a true fine dining establishment with a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. I recommend without reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip. Go to Johannes or Spencer'sHandRVIPDined on 7/4/2014This PS "classic" offers a tired ambiance, lousy service, average food and poor value. From start to finish, we were underwhelmed by this PS "classic". Ambiance is 70s in an original and tired way, not hip or fun. Service was terrible from all the staff all night. No smiles, no friendliness. Food was just okay. Starters of Caesar and beet salads were nothing special. Mains were steak (perfectly cooked and seasoned, to be fair) and halibut (dry and bland). Servers slapped down plates with nary a smile or nicety. Our waiter was not friendly nor attentive. He placed down dessert menu and said "Dessert menu" and walked away. Par for the course all evening. Avoid and go to Johannes or Spencer's if you are looking for fine dining in PS.
- Anniversary DinnerJenniBeeDined on 7/4/2014This was our first time. Every part of our dinner was top notch. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small and intimate.RomanDined on 7/2/2014While in Palm Springs we are always looking for new places to dine at. Copley's is one of those places that is definitely an unforgetable experience. As you enter you pass through a courtyard that is perfect for outdoor dining. We happened to be there on an evening where tempature was 107, so outdoor dining was out of the question. We were seated inside by a window with a terrific view. Food was outstanding. Food could easily surpass any meal with top restaurants in New York City. Would always highly recommend.Special Features:
- Always consistent and great staff.SterlingDined on 7/1/2014Love this place! Was there last month for my birthday and a special date. One month later to celebrate dating one month. It was so nice and romantic. We were not rushed, order at our leisure and held hands. We never felt rush during our meal. Reservation was for 6:30 and we led tat 9;00. I love this place and will always consider it my personal favorite places to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find in downtown PSIrvineDinersDined on 6/28/2014It was great to find this beautiful restaurant with great food near downtown Palm Springs. The noise level may not be as high as I rated it, but we couldn't tell because we were seated next to a very noisy group of people.Special Features:
- Di2DineDi2DineDined on 6/28/2014Food very good, service was pleasant but a little thin on the ground... Host was so surly, quite uninviting..Lucky the Food is so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice little spotOjaiorangeDined on 6/27/2014We really enjoyed our dinner, the food was fun, innovative and well prepared. Our server was great, informed and very efficient. We had the duck breast and the wild Scottish salmon with some really good salads and apps, the desert with their homemade salted caramel ice cream was devine. We sat on the patio, they had misters on which really helped keep the temps down. One table complained they did not like the "sprinklers" and they were turned off for them, when everyone on the patio complained it was getting hot, they turned them on and dealt with the complainers and it was fine. Really pretty view of the mountains behind the restaurant. Only thing I did not like was the kids running around unattended by parents. Distracting.Special Features:
- recommended by friendsokyawhatevaDined on 6/26/2014Service was good, ambience was pretty, food had very little flavor.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014I had to send back my pork chop because it was so tough :(
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/25/2014It was very quiet when we arrived at 7:00 p.m. - the waiter was very thoughtful and provided the right amount of attention. The food was great. I enjoyed the rack of lamb - very good decision. I loved the quiet, romantic atmosphere of the place. Would have loved to sit outdoors, but in June it's just too hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not honor our reservationVMVPPDined on 6/22/2014We made a reservation through Open Table and showed up only to be turned away because there was a private party and the restaurant was closed to the public. Why did they not bother to close off reservations on open table?
- 8wellDined on 6/20/2014this is one of the many times I've eaten here and it gets better every time. I took two friends who were the ones who took me here the first time. it is also one of there favorite dining spots in palm springs. the very best.Special Features:
- Great dinner.ScottGDined on 6/17/2014Food, service and ambiance were about perfect. We were celebrating a friends birthday and lingered comfortably over a 3 hour dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningpslocalsDined on 6/15/2014Took my husband here for his birthday. Couldn't have chosen a better spot. We dined outside with a backdrop of our wonderful mountains and the soft lights of there beautiful landscaped gardens. They have added misters recently to enhance ther outside eating area. The waiter having taken note on my reservation that it was my husband's birthday, wished him a happy birthday as he seated us. He also brought him a complementary birthday desert at the conclusion of our meal. Service is impecabible here...always there when you need something but never intrusive. The food here is always exquisite and artfully displayed. This is a very special place for a special meal.Special Features:
- O.M.G! Simply, The bestpalmspringspastryDined on 6/14/2014Copley's is a gem. We went there for our 40th anniversary as we do every year and throughout. It is always 5 star. Try the lavender scented lamb chops. or BBQ pork t-bone steak. Chef Andrew owner/ chef, really knows how.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quite the experiencefinelikewineDined on 6/13/2014Though its located on the main drag we had to make a few U turns to find it. This tiny quaint gem look like a small cottage in the middle of a big city so it was not noticabke at first. With complimentary valet parking we were greeted by the host with a warm hello and whether we would like indoor or outdoor seating. Our waiter waiter was extremely educated on the menu and wine list and was very helpful when it came time to order. I had the lamb and it was moist, tender, and extremely flavor full. The wine was paired perfectly along with the atmosphere and weather to tie the entire night together. If you're looking for a romantic meal or a nice dinner with friends this is definitely the place to enjoy in beautiful Palm Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 6/8/2014The halibut was moist and had a tasty Asian ginger sauce...not too overwhelming, but enough to tantalize the palate! I enjoy the beautiful patio and the misters made the warm evening a delightful temperature. The only criticism I have is that I wish people with dogs would leave them home. I like dogs, but I think they do not belong at upscale dining restaurants. (Especially big dogs)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week was a deal!OCandPSdinerVIPDined on 6/7/2014Excellent selections for Palm Springs restaurant week and at $38 it was a good deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food with PanachesagewoodVIPDined on 6/7/2014Well done Copley's. Our first visit did not disappoint during Restaurant Week. The Ahi Tuna is to live for. Flown in fresh from Hawaii, it is exquisitely prepared with a light ginger sauce. Attentive service is a bonus.Special Features:
- GREAT EVENING OUTdesertratsDined on 6/7/2014The evening was perfect. I booked on Open Table. Realizing later that I had missed mentioning a birthday for my husband, I emailed them directly. They got the message and followed through with a candle. It was restaurant week and the pre-fixe was full of excellent choices. Desert was a sampler of wonderful items. This was a third time for us and we consider it one of our favorites in Palm Springs.Special Features:
- Great eveningPeggyDined on 6/7/2014We ended our Restaurant Week dining at Copley's. What a great experience. The food was wonderful and the wait staff were very attentive. We've been going every year since we discovered Copley's and every experience has been well worth the drive from Indio. Copley's is one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Evening2retiredDined on 6/6/2014Simply excellent in every way! We enjoyed a great martini at the indoor bar before being escorted to a beautiful outdoor dining location. Everyone from the valet to the restaurant staff was welcoming. They created a very special setting in which to enjoy outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MelBoDined on 6/5/2014AMAZING!!! WENT FOR THE FIRST TIME DURING RESTAURANT WEEK, WILL DEFINATELY BE BACK. ONE OF THE BEST DINNERS OUT WE HAVE HAD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceJayBillyDined on 6/5/2014Anytime you can have a fabulous meal with a view of the mountains, you can't go wrong. The duck and ahi were outstanding and the ravioli appetizer melted in your mouth. We weren't crazy about the apple crisp, but everything else was excellent. From being greeted by Doug when we arrived until the time we left we felt very much at home.Special Features:
- peterrob92262Dined on 6/5/2014Dinner with my husband and a friend. Great food, good drinks, good service. Nice ambience. Very good dining experience. We will be returning.Special Features: