Copley's on Palm Canyon
621 N Palm Canyon Dr
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Copley's on Palm Canyon
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.copleyspalmsprings.com/
- Phone: (760) 327-9555
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Andrew Copley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Copley’s on Palm Canyon has built a reputation as the perfect place for special events from cocktail parties, impressive business dinners to weddings and receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Juliana Copley 7603279555x
A word from Copley's on Palm Canyon
Copley’s is an award-winning restaurant serving American cuisine infused with hints of tropical and European flavors. Located in part of the former Cary Grant estate in the heart of Palm Springs, guests experience an upscale and inviting dining experience either outside on the patio with stunning mountain views or by enjoying the friendly atmosphere indoors. Executive Chef Andrew Copley has an extensive 20-year culinary background at five-star restaurants and hotels across the world, and is well known for innovative dishes such as 'Oh My Lobster Pot Pie' and Niman Ranch Pork Chop and creative nightly specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Copley's on Palm Canyon - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Copley's on Palm Canyon reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (102)romantic (84)special occasion (80)fit for foodies (73)neighborhood gem (53)good for groups (38)notable wine list (32)scenic view (19)hot spot (16)late-night find (5)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Never fails to pleaseHappyNana3VIPDined on 6/1/2014Copley's is always a WOW. Restaurant week is an amazing value. We took 1st timers there and they were enthralled. They will be back. Everyone loved their dinner, but the duck breast and the halibut were outstanding. The beet lovers among us went nuts over the salad. Charming atmosphere.Special Features:
- Always great!SterlingDined on 6/1/2014I have been going since it opened and it is consistently great. They always do a great job at presentation and taste. Never have a bad meal and recommend it every time.Special Features:
- Elegant and WonderfulHopeVIPDined on 6/1/2014Our dinner was spectacular, from the amazing Beet,Pear and Goat cheese Salad just perfection, and the Breast of Duck done to perfection, to a wonderful selection of taste deserts with a chocolate mouse so rich and decadent . The Service was so very thoughtful and helpful and our waiter was charming. Will definitely return for other occasions.Special Features:
- Excellent for Palm Springs FoodiescinsolVIPDined on 6/1/2014There are few choices in Palm Springs which consistently deliver for a foodie who is interested in the freshest ingredients, consistent and innovative execution and excellent service. I've been to Copley's now four times (most recently during restaurant week) and have been consistently thrilled with the execution. Innovative dishes, expertly prepared and in the case of our most recent visit - expertly served. Special shout out to Victor who was just a delight throughout our dining experience. Well done keeping the quality where it should be on every aspect Copley's!Special Features:
- OverratedGourmandDined on 5/31/2014A unique setting but don't sit inside if you don't want to feel isolated. The patio was packed with bachelorette parties. Didn't feel like sophisticated dining. Very touristy and the servers were loud and inattentive.Special Features:
- Excellent!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/31/2014Everything was perfect. Food, service and the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CV's Culinary Oasisblissfield1949VIPDined on 5/31/2014We make a special point of dining at Copley's particularly during Palm Springs Restaurant Week. The chef this year went out of his way to add duck and fish entrees to the offered restaurant week specials. The chef's particular talent in melding fresh food and produce in flavorable combinations always takes front and center . My beef entre was paired with a mixed green lobster salad and the combination was superb. Patio dining here is among the most pleasent in the desert and the ongoing efforts to keep the decor, landscaping and other amenities fresh is apparent. The overall dining experience is hard to beat. I would drive the 60 miles from my home by the way just for the Caesar salad with pineapple croutons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another flawless ExperiencecwcinpsDined on 5/31/2014Love this restaurant and what is nice is the experience and food is always above the rest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Palm Springs elegancedavidjvinerDined on 5/30/2014Copleys is a real gem in Palm Springs. I visited during Palm Springs Restaurant Week and ordered from a set menu at $38. There was a good choice, and all the dishes I ordered were well executed. The restaurant is located in the uptown Palm Springs Design District, with a great view of the mountain and a really great setting with a fire pit as well as misters to keep you cool. Loved it. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/30/2014The food was interesting, tasty, beautifully presented, appropriate proportions. Service was good, just not personable! Loved it! Will return!Special Features:
- Our favoriteWoodyDined on 5/30/2014This is my 5 year in kicking off 'PS Restaurant Week at Copley's. Its become a tradition for a group of us that started off at 2 and has since grown to 8 as of this year. We love the out door ambiance and of course Copleys food sets the bar for the rest of the restaurants we'll visit this year. It casual yet special all at once, its fun to share the buildings history with first timers and watch them enjoy the food and experience that we've grown to love. Thanks again for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemGrandiVIPDined on 5/26/2014Food was excellent! Service a little slow. But then it is the type of spot where people like to linger. Since it was very warm out, 102, maybe a few fans would help?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2014We met our friends at the bar to celebrate my husband's Birthday. We were not rushed to be seated at our table, while we enjoyed our drinks and conversation. We were then given a choice of whether we wanted inside or outside seating, which we all thought was very accommodating. Our dinner was fabulous, the service was spectacular, and not rushed, and the beautiful surroundings made for a very nice evening and celebration. Definitely going back to Copley's very soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014A truly excellent dinning experience. We come from Spain and have traveled extensively and was not expecting much; but a fantastic surprise to eat such well prepared dishes. We fully Copley recommend Copley's and commend the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feel the Breeze...RexVultDined on 5/23/2014on the patio of Copley's as the sun sets over the mountains. Beautiful patio/garden with plenty of space for an intimate dining experience. The seafood sampler stood out as the appetizer of choice. Our waiter was correct that is was an individual dish and I definitely wouldn't have wanted to share after my first bite of the salmon caper tartare. The ahi "taco" was constructed in a delicious sesame shell. I heard Copley's was know for their meat so I went for the beef tenderloin. Perfectly prepared medium rare with a delicious lobster risotto with a generous amount of lobster. The main meal was very filling so desert came down to a well executed lavender pound cake that was moist and delicious. Nice wines and friendly service.Special Features:
- Another Excellant Meal at Copley'sLDAYDined on 5/23/2014Our 2nd year in a row to celebrate our Anniversary (33rd by the way) at Copley's! We travel down from Portland, Oregon. Unbelievable food, drinks, and service. What a PERFECT evening!Special Features:
- Nostalgic HideawayChowDined on 5/22/2014Flavourful food nicely presented. Not great value for money. Could have done without paper topping on table for a restaurant of this calibre.we had the lamb signature rack of lamb with lavender coating, the idea of the lavender was more promising than the actual dish but the Colorado rack was excellent. The vichyssoise with salmon garnish was delightful. Very pleasant service and friendly greeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/18/2014Food was great and nice patio to sit outside at night . Not sure they should say its Cary Grants old place, but right downtownSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat Disapointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Overall enjoyment but portions were very small. Food was just ok. Atmosphere and service was wonderful. However, prices were a bit out of line for portions served. My favorite so far in the valley is Melvyns. No comparison, except for the wonderful outdoor ambiance of Copley's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonVIPDined on 5/13/2014My favorite restaurant in the Valley!!!! The service and ambience are great and the food and drinks are delicious!!!Special Features:
- Great restaurantJoshuaTreeMikeDined on 5/13/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary here recently and it was fantastic. Great service and we were attended to "just right", meaning they didn't constantly come over and ask how is dinner? I had veal cheeks and lobster and it was very good and I appreciate the fact they serve a meal that some would not eat. I am not very PC with food. Best description is it's the best pot roast you've ever had. Lobster was moist and not overbooked at all. Wifey had salmon and barramundi. It too was not overlooked and very good. Good wine list and some interesting cocktails and desserts. Prices are reasonable too. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodSfTimDined on 5/11/2014There were 3 of us two had the fish course and I had the duck I told them medium and it came rare so they took it back it had no taste what so ever. But like the place a lot should of had the fish next time.Special Features:
- Always First RateSannizayDined on 5/11/2014Copley's is our favorite PS restaurant. We always plan our vacation time so we have at least one night there to savor the outstanding food, the friendly, efficient, and caring service, and the romantic ambience. This time we were there for Mother's Day dinner. The California sea bass special was wonderful. The pecan tart was heavenly. The only reason I give Copley's four instead of five stars is that the vegetarian offerings are uninspired or non-existent. My vegetarian wife is usually left with an appetizer, salad, and dessert--all of which are excellent, but it would be nice to have at least one vegetarian entree option on the menu instead of the server's offering of a tofu dish (good) or "we can do something with vegetables."Special Features:
- Beautiful Place - Bland FoodbradVIPDined on 5/10/2014I should admit, upfront, that my girlfriend and I probably set our expectations too high after looking at the menu. Braised veal cheeks and maine lobster, beef tenderloin and risotto for low to mid $30s is too good to be true. The blue cheese stuffed dates (hard to screw up) were excellent. The tomato basil soup tasted like barbecue sauce. Overall, the entrees (mentioned above) lacked flavor. Although, the tenderloin was a perfectly cooked, excellent hunk of meat. Would consider going back for appetizers and drinks just to enjoy the ambience.
- Always great!LoveItInPSDined on 5/10/2014We invited some "down valley" friends to join us in our neighborhood for dinner (nine of us). They had never been to Copley's. Everyone had a wonderful dining experience . . . it was a beautiful evening to sit outside. The wait staff was very attentive (but not overly so . . . don't like hoverers). They corked the wine we brought and we didn't feel pressured into eating right away. It was nice to be able to visit. We ordered different entrees and everyone loved not only the food, but the presentation. We closed the evening with the wonderful caramel sea salt ice cream and a couple chocolate martini's. We will certainly get our down valley friends back to Palm Springs for dinner. Thank you for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impress a "foodie"OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We took our visiting restaurant-knowledgeable daughter from Seattle to dinner. She raved! New to the Valley from the urban East, we've celebrated two weddding anniversaries at C's--special eating and ambiance events, both. Excellent wait and serrver staff.Special Features:
- ExcellentjshindlerDined on 5/10/2014We ate here early in the evening with our two year old daughter. The "backyard" dining area (This is a former home) was great for her because she was able to run around a little without bothering anyone else. There is a very nice firepit and conversation area in the backyard, as well as a fountain. Fantastic food. Great service. Will come againSpecial Features:
- Great Night!LaurenRDined on 5/9/2014Copleys is an awesome local spot. Came here with my mom and grandma for a mothers day dinner. Made reservations and when we showed up for dinner we were seated right away! Great service, great ambiance, AMAZING food!! The blue cheese stuffed dates are to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous evening dining at Copley'sKellyDined on 5/8/2014We had heard that Copley's was highly recommended, so we made a reservation through "Open Table". What a fabulous find! We had a choice of indoor or outdoor dining. The weather was "simply fabulous, darling", that night......se we dined outdoors. The menu was varied, and they also had specials of the day. We had the specials of the evening. The ahi was prepared perfectly! The salads were beautiful and flavorful. Even the dessert menu had many tempting choices. We really indulged and had everything from the special cocktails, to dinner, then to dessert! Our waiter was intelligent and informed, as well as diligent and charming! The building used to be a desert home, belonging to Cary Grant. This is a perfect desert dinner destination!Special Features:
- Excellant!GailDined on 5/7/2014Party of 6. Good service excellent food. Fire pits for chilly night. Shade for hot sunny days/evenings. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Charming setting. Great food!Riddler51Dined on 5/7/2014First time here and outdoor setting was charming, romantic and worthy of any one you know that's a "foodie". Our server was knowledgable and attentive. Will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mountain romanceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/5/2014Food was magnificent and the outdoor view spectacular. Excellent and innovative menuSpecial Features:
- Comfort Food ArtQuicksilvermessangerDined on 5/3/2014There are limited offerings which means the items are thoughtfully prepared. They may sound like comfort food. But there are special little touches like on the wedge salad. It had marinated mushrooms instead of bacon bits. The entrees were well prepared and worth the wait They bring ice-cream to a whole new level. Unusual flavors like basil or tarragon. Refreshing. This seems to be a favorite spot for all ages looking for an upscale experience.Special Features:
- food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/1/2014the waiter decided to punish us for having a table in his area and not ordering a lot of food or drinks we split a couple salads and deserts and didnt have alcohol we do that often bit i always over tip i didnt over tip thursday niteSpecial Features:
- Beautiful SettingbarbederDined on 5/1/2014Don't hesitate, make a reservation now. All the known restaurant superlatives apply to our eating experience at Copley's. Such a beautiful place, outstanding presentation, excellent meal. Service top of the line from the greeting by the host, to the waiter, to the support staff. We enjoyed the chef specialty of the evening, a perfectly cooked veal medallion dish. We shared, a must for small appetites. The Caesar Salad and the Goat Cheese and Roasted Beet Salad were very satisfying. We did not have dessert, unfortunately.Special Features:
- Bill LeeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/30/2014This is one definitely worth trying. While it is pricy, the food, service and ambiance are worth it. The al fresco emphasis is nice, but come for the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best!!DickspickDined on 4/30/2014Copleys was recommended by a couple friends so we decided to try it. It was beyond our expectations. Everything was outstanding. We will definitely come back the next time we are in PS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superlatives for this Old PS gem!wifeofcarnivoreDined on 4/28/2014What a fabulous dining experience from the appetizer of stuffed dates to the sesame encrusted ahi tuna and wasabi mashed po to the exceptional salted caramel ice cream, the food was outstanding. The service was attentive except for an overly lengthy lull before ordering dessert. The ambience was romantic (wasn't that Cary Grant at the next table?) and the weather was sublime (be sure to sit outside). Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Gastronomic OasisGrahamHDined on 4/26/2014The food as usual was very good. It is always a pleasure to walk through the gate and into an oasis of great food set in a wonderful location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jerryDined on 4/26/2014We had a party of six and everyone had a great time and enjoyed the food and the beautiful setting. We will definitely go again and recommend it to others.Special Features: