Copley's on Palm Canyon
621 N Palm Canyon Dr
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Copley's on Palm Canyon
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.copleyspalmsprings.com/
- Phone: 7603279555x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Andrew Copley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Copley’s on Palm Canyon has built a reputation as the perfect place for special events from cocktail parties, impressive business dinners to weddings and receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Juliana Copley 7603279555x
A word from Copley's on Palm Canyon
Copley’s is an award-winning restaurant serving American cuisine infused with hints of tropical and European flavors. Located in part of the former Cary Grant estate in the heart of Palm Springs, guests experience an upscale and inviting dining experience either outside on the patio with stunning mountain views or by enjoying the friendly atmosphere indoors. Executive Chef Andrew Copley has an extensive 20-year culinary background at five-star restaurants and hotels across the world, and is well known for innovative dishes such as 'Oh My Lobster Pot Pie' and Niman Ranch Pork Chop and creative nightly specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Copley's on Palm Canyon - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Copley's on Palm Canyon reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (69)romantic (57)fit for foodies (55)special occasion (55)neighborhood gem (37)good for groups (29)notable wine list (22)hot spot (13)scenic view (11)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Somewhat Disapointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Overall enjoyment but portions were very small. Food was just ok. Atmosphere and service was wonderful. However, prices were a bit out of line for portions served. My favorite so far in the valley is Melvyns. No comparison, except for the wonderful outdoor ambiance of Copley's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonVIPDined on 5/13/2014My favorite restaurant in the Valley!!!! The service and ambience are great and the food and drinks are delicious!!!Special Features:
- Great restaurantJoshuaTreeMikeDined on 5/13/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary here recently and it was fantastic. Great service and we were attended to "just right", meaning they didn't constantly come over and ask how is dinner? I had veal cheeks and lobster and it was very good and I appreciate the fact they serve a meal that some would not eat. I am not very PC with food. Best description is it's the best pot roast you've ever had. Lobster was moist and not overbooked at all. Wifey had salmon and barramundi. It too was not overlooked and very good. Good wine list and some interesting cocktails and desserts. Prices are reasonable too. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodSfTimDined on 5/11/2014There were 3 of us two had the fish course and I had the duck I told them medium and it came rare so they took it back it had no taste what so ever. But like the place a lot should of had the fish next time.Special Features:
- Always First RateSannizayDined on 5/11/2014Copley's is our favorite PS restaurant. We always plan our vacation time so we have at least one night there to savor the outstanding food, the friendly, efficient, and caring service, and the romantic ambience. This time we were there for Mother's Day dinner. The California sea bass special was wonderful. The pecan tart was heavenly. The only reason I give Copley's four instead of five stars is that the vegetarian offerings are uninspired or non-existent. My vegetarian wife is usually left with an appetizer, salad, and dessert--all of which are excellent, but it would be nice to have at least one vegetarian entree option on the menu instead of the server's offering of a tofu dish (good) or "we can do something with vegetables."Special Features:
- Beautiful Place - Bland FoodbradVIPDined on 5/10/2014I should admit, upfront, that my girlfriend and I probably set our expectations too high after looking at the menu. Braised veal cheeks and maine lobster, beef tenderloin and risotto for low to mid $30s is too good to be true. The blue cheese stuffed dates (hard to screw up) were excellent. The tomato basil soup tasted like barbecue sauce. Overall, the entrees (mentioned above) lacked flavor. Although, the tenderloin was a perfectly cooked, excellent hunk of meat. Would consider going back for appetizers and drinks just to enjoy the ambience.
- Always great!LoveItInPSDined on 5/10/2014We invited some "down valley" friends to join us in our neighborhood for dinner (nine of us). They had never been to Copley's. Everyone had a wonderful dining experience . . . it was a beautiful evening to sit outside. The wait staff was very attentive (but not overly so . . . don't like hoverers). They corked the wine we brought and we didn't feel pressured into eating right away. It was nice to be able to visit. We ordered different entrees and everyone loved not only the food, but the presentation. We closed the evening with the wonderful caramel sea salt ice cream and a couple chocolate martini's. We will certainly get our down valley friends back to Palm Springs for dinner. Thank you for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentjshindlerDined on 5/10/2014We ate here early in the evening with our two year old daughter. The "backyard" dining area (This is a former home) was great for her because she was able to run around a little without bothering anyone else. There is a very nice firepit and conversation area in the backyard, as well as a fountain. Fantastic food. Great service. Will come againSpecial Features:
- Impress a "foodie"OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We took our visiting restaurant-knowledgeable daughter from Seattle to dinner. She raved! New to the Valley from the urban East, we've celebrated two weddding anniversaries at C's--special eating and ambiance events, both. Excellent wait and serrver staff.Special Features:
- Great Night!LaurenRDined on 5/9/2014Copleys is an awesome local spot. Came here with my mom and grandma for a mothers day dinner. Made reservations and when we showed up for dinner we were seated right away! Great service, great ambiance, AMAZING food!! The blue cheese stuffed dates are to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous evening dining at Copley'sKellyDined on 5/8/2014We had heard that Copley's was highly recommended, so we made a reservation through "Open Table". What a fabulous find! We had a choice of indoor or outdoor dining. The weather was "simply fabulous, darling", that night......se we dined outdoors. The menu was varied, and they also had specials of the day. We had the specials of the evening. The ahi was prepared perfectly! The salads were beautiful and flavorful. Even the dessert menu had many tempting choices. We really indulged and had everything from the special cocktails, to dinner, then to dessert! Our waiter was intelligent and informed, as well as diligent and charming! The building used to be a desert home, belonging to Cary Grant. This is a perfect desert dinner destination!Special Features:
- Excellant!GailDined on 5/7/2014Party of 6. Good service excellent food. Fire pits for chilly night. Shade for hot sunny days/evenings. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Charming setting. Great food!Riddler51Dined on 5/7/2014First time here and outdoor setting was charming, romantic and worthy of any one you know that's a "foodie". Our server was knowledgable and attentive. Will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mountain romanceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/5/2014Food was magnificent and the outdoor view spectacular. Excellent and innovative menuSpecial Features:
- Comfort Food ArtQuicksilvermessangerDined on 5/3/2014There are limited offerings which means the items are thoughtfully prepared. They may sound like comfort food. But there are special little touches like on the wedge salad. It had marinated mushrooms instead of bacon bits. The entrees were well prepared and worth the wait They bring ice-cream to a whole new level. Unusual flavors like basil or tarragon. Refreshing. This seems to be a favorite spot for all ages looking for an upscale experience.Special Features:
- food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/1/2014the waiter decided to punish us for having a table in his area and not ordering a lot of food or drinks we split a couple salads and deserts and didnt have alcohol we do that often bit i always over tip i didnt over tip thursday niteSpecial Features:
- Beautiful SettingbarbederDined on 5/1/2014Don't hesitate, make a reservation now. All the known restaurant superlatives apply to our eating experience at Copley's. Such a beautiful place, outstanding presentation, excellent meal. Service top of the line from the greeting by the host, to the waiter, to the support staff. We enjoyed the chef specialty of the evening, a perfectly cooked veal medallion dish. We shared, a must for small appetites. The Caesar Salad and the Goat Cheese and Roasted Beet Salad were very satisfying. We did not have dessert, unfortunately.Special Features:
- Bill LeeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/30/2014This is one definitely worth trying. While it is pricy, the food, service and ambiance are worth it. The al fresco emphasis is nice, but come for the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best!!DickspickDined on 4/30/2014Copleys was recommended by a couple friends so we decided to try it. It was beyond our expectations. Everything was outstanding. We will definitely come back the next time we are in PS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superlatives for this Old PS gem!wifeofcarnivoreDined on 4/28/2014What a fabulous dining experience from the appetizer of stuffed dates to the sesame encrusted ahi tuna and wasabi mashed po to the exceptional salted caramel ice cream, the food was outstanding. The service was attentive except for an overly lengthy lull before ordering dessert. The ambience was romantic (wasn't that Cary Grant at the next table?) and the weather was sublime (be sure to sit outside). Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Gastronomic OasisGrahamHDined on 4/26/2014The food as usual was very good. It is always a pleasure to walk through the gate and into an oasis of great food set in a wonderful location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jerryDined on 4/26/2014We had a party of six and everyone had a great time and enjoyed the food and the beautiful setting. We will definitely go again and recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Wonderful! For the most part!ChopsFanVIPDined on 4/26/2014I'm a regular visitor to Palm Springs but have never had a chance to go to Copley's on Palm Canyon. What a wonderful surprise. The menu is a tad limiting, but I couldn't help by notice the entree combination of Braised Veal Cheeks and Maine Lobster tail. A) It's so rare to find a restaurant serving Veal Cheeks! B) It's now only the 2nd restaurant that combines veal and lobster (the other is Joseph's Trattoria, Haverhill, MA). The meal was incredible! The fried pineapple croutons on the caesar salad were a delight! The veal and full lobster tail were perfect over garlic mashed potatoes. Service was ok, but not "special". The grounds around the outdoor eating area need attention. Needs to be spruced up. But we will be back!Special Features:
- It's the service and the atmosphereRickyBVIPDined on 4/26/2014Our waiter and the other attendants were incredible. The restaurant's outdoor dining is tranquil and elegant. The menu is rather limited and the food is good-to-very good, but nothing that will make you want to come back and try again or want the recipe. BUT - it really is the atmosphere and the VIP treatment that will keep us coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!!ShakaDined on 4/24/2014Every single time we are in Palm Springs we are at Copley's, without exception, and this is at least once a year. If we are ever blessed to have a home in beautiful PS we will be regulars. The food is sublime. We, and all of the guests we have brought, have had melt in your mouth perfect meals. Our server, and I meant to write his name down, went out of his way for us and we so appreciate the impeccable service. The yard is heaven on earth, so beautiful! We relax with superb cocktails and great food and make this our full evening. There is no point in going anywhere else when experiencing Copley's! Thank you Greg and staff!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spoil yourself!MarcusVIPDined on 4/24/2014The sea bass was like butter! The Toffee & Date English Sticky Pudding was off the chart yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrificqueeneyDined on 4/21/2014Copley's just became our favorite spot in the desert for dinner. The setting is charming, the service is excellent. Our waiter was so helpful, even let us substitute a second vegetable for the potatoes on the special. Everyone was pleasant and friendly. And, most importantly, dinner was delicious. Three of us ate the fish special, delicate sea bass with scallops while fourth member of our party had a terrific veal chop cooked perfectly. Their creme brulee is something special. We had a lovely evening. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2014Our dinner was fantastic. The chef manages to create dishes that are delightfully complex from the freshest ingredients. The menu never disappoints. The sea scallops were cooked to perfection, the rack of lamb yummy and the desserts - house made ice creams - try the basil or the salty caramel, you wont be disappointed. The staff are welcoming and knowledgeable. It is always a true pleasure to spend time at Copley's on Palm Canyon.Special Features:
- FridaynightlightsVIPDined on 4/20/2014This is the best restaurant in Palm Springs. We sat outside. The courtyard was beautiful . The food was delicious . The service was perfect. It is by far our favorite place to dine out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2014This was a last minute find and wonderful it was. The ambiance outdoors was perfect and the firepit added a special touch. Service was good and the food delicious and reasonably pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2014Copley's represents the best of what Palm Springs has to offer in great dining. It us my favorite place to take guests or just have a romantic dinner. Check out their website...lots of innovative dining ideas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant in Palm SpringsOpentable23VIPDined on 4/19/2014Have eaten here every chance we get. The Copley martini goes down like a dream (this from someone who doesn't drink very much.) The menu is varied and delectable. The specials are equally delicious, reliable and well-presented. The garden is enchanting. Whether it's fresh fish, duck, lamb or filet, it's all good. The salads are inventive. The desserts are well worth the calories, including the salted caramel ice cream. Service is friendly and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PJRockDined on 4/17/2014Awesome food with attention to detail and fresh ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Palm Springs TreasurejimandjohnpdxVIPDined on 4/17/2014Returning to Palm Springs after a 10-years away, we returned to Copley's which was our favorite. Even though they were very busy, we were seated at our table immediately. Copley's offers inside dining in a lovely restored home with french doors opening onto the very inviting outside dining space. The outside space is very spacious with lawns, trees and seating spaces to enjoy cocktails and dinner. Our server, Paul M. was excellent—professional and friendly and catered to our every need. I had a filet mignon that was grilled to perfection. My husband had Veal Medallions that, in his words, were "out of this world." This is a restaurant that seems to have it all. After 7 days in Palm Springs, Copley's stands out as the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeMichaelDined on 4/15/2014Food is great. Amazing outdoor space and and fire pit is a great touch, to hot for the summer but it was really nice to see fire at night while dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our night there.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/15/2014We had a great time at your restaurant. Thanks for a wonderful evening. We will be back when in Palm Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular in Every WayJogocoDined on 4/14/2014From the Old Palm Springs setting , mountain included, to the superb food, wine, and service, this is a wonderful choice for a special dinner. We loved eating outdoors and feeling as if we were in a secluded backyard, which we were. I'm not a foodie, but know when food is meticulously prepared and appreciate it. The menu isn't extensive, but there was plenty of variety. I had the warm goat cheese salad with beets, which was unusual and delicious. Husband had Caesar and raved about it. Entrees of veal and salmon pleased us as well. We shared a fantastic dessert, Warm Apple Walnut Cranberry Croustade which hit the spot!! Our server was friendly, prompt, helpful, and appropriately attentive! Copleys is a vacation from vacation!Special Features:
- Nice RestaurantBCJPSDined on 4/14/2014We tend to save Copleys for special occasions as it is higher priced than most local restaurants. When it is not windy or cold, the outside dining area is a special place to be. Food is great and the presentation is magnificent. Service was very very good. Our only complaint, and it's minor, but, at the time we made the reservation (through Open Table) we told the restaurant it was our anniversary. There was no acknowledgement made. We're not looking for a free desert or anything like that, but it would have been nice for the server or maitre' d to have simply wished us happy anniversary! Other than that, great experience as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/12/2014Dinner was amazing! There were 3 in my party and we ordered the - BBQ GLAZED PORK T-BONE, SLOW BRAISED VEAL CHEEKS & MAINE LOBSTER, PAN ROASTED AUSTRALIAN BARRAMUND. We started with the potato, leek and cauliflower soup (a special that night) and we finished the night with the ice cream trio. All in all everything we ordered was divine. We sat outside and it was a very relaxed environment. Service was great - water glasses never got empty and both the manager and hostess checked on us throughout the meal. I would highly recommend and I will return to this Palm Springs gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Geat food, greater servicescotttowlerDined on 4/11/2014This restaurant is absolutely top notch. Our waiter Charlie was quite possibly the best waiter we have ever had. Apparently he has been working there the 10 years the restaurant has been open, and you can tell. He cares, he listens, and he made thoughtful wine and entree selections. I would go back just to get his service. The food was superb. Two of us ordered specials, the third a standard menu item. We still can't decide which was the best of the three. Deserts and appetizers were outstanding as well. The owner Greg also took time to chat wit us after our meal. He was very friendly, remembered our names, and welcomed us back anytime. Service is a dying art, but Copley's has it perfected. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.