Copley's on Palm Canyon
621 N Palm Canyon Dr
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Copley's on Palm Canyon
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.copleyspalmsprings.com/
- Phone: (760) 327-9555
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Andrew Copley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Copley’s on Palm Canyon has built a reputation as the perfect place for special events from cocktail parties, impressive business dinners to weddings and receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Juliana Copley 7603279555x
A word from Copley's on Palm Canyon
Copley’s is an award-winning restaurant serving American cuisine infused with hints of tropical and European flavors. Located in part of the former Cary Grant estate in the heart of Palm Springs, guests experience an upscale and inviting dining experience either outside on the patio with stunning mountain views or by enjoying the friendly atmosphere indoors. Executive Chef Andrew Copley has an extensive 20-year culinary background at five-star restaurants and hotels across the world, and is well known for innovative dishes such as 'Oh My Lobster Pot Pie' and Niman Ranch Pork Chop and creative nightly specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Copley's on Palm Canyon - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Copley's on Palm Canyon reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (102)romantic (84)special occasion (80)fit for foodies (73)neighborhood gem (53)good for groups (38)notable wine list (32)scenic view (19)hot spot (16)late-night find (5)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Another great eveningPasoDianneDined on 11/23/2014Took my friend here for birthday dinner and it was exceptional. Friend reported her steak was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Copley's is unique…4alarkVIPDined on 11/15/2014How clever to dine with friends and actually be able to hear what they say! Tables are arranged nicely so that diners are not a part of each other's conversations…that alone would call me back, but added is the service, food & view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cary Grant would be proudLAFoodieVIPDined on 11/12/2014Copley's is located right on the main drag in Palm Springs, but you wouldn't know it from the peacefulness of the outdoor dining area. It's absolutely gorgeous (Cary Grant's former home). The food was delicious. I had the daily special - ahi tuna with a scallop. Both were perfectly prepared and seasoned. Service was good - the waiter was fairly attentive. The tables on the patio are a bit close together, but people kept their conversations down so it was not obtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was perfect from beginning to end.BarbVIPDined on 11/12/2014I felt the value was a bit off. The New York steak could have been tastier... A little tough but prep was perfect. Our servers were spot in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great evening at Copley's!gusfamVIPDined on 11/11/2014We had another great dining experience at Copley's. The burrata and tomato salad and leek soup were excellent, as were the lamb chops, ahi tacos and duck confit. It was a breezy night and I didn't think we'd be able to sit on the patio, but it was protected from the wind and was very pleasant. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the best!CapeCrusaderVIPDined on 11/8/2014Everything about Copley's is top drawer. Just go as you are and expect one if the best dining experiences you'll ever have, bar none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not memorableVeryvancouverDined on 11/7/2014Not my first time. Menu tries to be too trendy. It is limited to begin with, and then they tinker with something so standard as a Caesar salad until it's unrecognizeable. We were planning to have beef the next night and so didn't want beef at Copleys. Left few choices. I ordered scallops with Asan meatballs. Not good in my opinion and the waiter quickly brought me salmon, which was excellent. The ambiance is always wonderful. But, we will have to seriously reconsider Copley's until they do some work on their menu. It's a costly experience and our last visit was a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014Server Victor excellent but backup servers inexperienced, twice brought orders to wrong table. All else five star, even Valet is a ProSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pmflipDined on 11/5/2014We come to Copley's everytime we're in the desert. This evening, there was a special food/wine pairing, and chef Copley and his team really outdid themselves. Perfect wines, perfect food, and a perfect full moon ambiance.Special Features:
- The best!PhylgiesVIPDined on 11/3/2014I had the best filet! Tasty, cooked perfectly. Our friends also thoroughly enjoyed their fish special. Copleys is a special place with a wonderful feeling and great food. Don't miss it!Special Features:
- Very good upmarket foodMontereyDined on 11/1/2014Recommend to us as Old School but in fact was very good higher end contemporary Californian/international food. Service attentive, ambience good - we dined outside under heaters. Other customers appeared locals well known to greeter. There's a clue there! Prices higher end but not astronomic. Free valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner, Impeccable ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014We can always count on Copley's for a delicious meal and attentive, knowledgable service. They also serve a good cocktail!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience and Food DeliciousUpscalehealthynaturalVIPDined on 10/31/2014The lamb chops were delicious but not huge. The scallops were wonderful and top quality. The veal was also quite good. The outside dinig was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- christianVIPDined on 10/29/2014Writing this review is somewhat difficult since we had such a mixed experience. Some people loved their food while other did not. My Sea Bass was extremely uncooked which turned me off to the dish. I naturally sent it back but the same piece of fish showed up again which shouldn't happen at a restaurant like this. Busboys removed a bottle of wine from out table which was still 1/3 full..luckily server located it after we questioned what happens to the wine. One dessert we order was completely forgotten. They tried to make it "right" on the check but we would rather have just had the dining experience we expected instead of a reduction of the price.
- 45th Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014This was the second time we had been to Copley's in the last two years and we were not disappointed. Although the outside eating area was packed we still had excellent service and the filet I had was melt in your mouth delicious! My wife had the Ahi Tuna and she was suitably impressed as well.Special Features:
- Phenomenal FareDineWithWineDined on 10/23/2014Picked this spot based on location close to our hotel and its great reviews. We had the first reservation time for the night and were initially disappointed when walking in thinking it was a dive being empty. However the restaurant quickly filled up with a diverse clientele. Ordered the heirloom salad-delicious!, and the duck breast which was spot on in every aspect of the dish. This is one of those restaurants that makes you want to return simply to try each item on the menu. The only part of the evening that I didn't care for was our waiter. He came off as very self-important, like we should be grateful for the opportunity to be seated at one of his tables. I'd highly recommend this restaurant, and look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy dining hereSuncoastDined on 10/21/2014Never disappointing. Great food with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Surprisedavid515VIPDined on 10/18/2014Found Copley's on Yelp, had a bunch of great reviews and gave it a shot. From the outside, Copley's doesn't look like anything special. Once you make it through the entrance, you will be pleasantly surprised by the beautiful outdoor courtyard. Food was some of the best we had all weekend. Will definitely go back next time I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Celebrated a birthday with my girlfriend - everything was perfect. The outdoor dining area was beautiful and quiet but still energetic. The staff was friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable. The real star, though, was the food. Everything that we ate was amazing (lobster ceviche, veal medallions, duck, creme brulee, mango ice cream, wine). I travel for work and I'm fortunate to eat at a lot of nice restaurants in a lot of nice cities. The food here competes on every level. Great experience!Special Features:
- A great last minute find!NicdcVIPDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I recently ate here on our vacation. We were looking for a place in Palm Springs, and after reading the reviews we decided to try Copley's. We were happily surprised by the ambience overall and the food. The service was excellent. My only complaint is that even though we sat outside, there was a private party going on and we were sectioned off by a big plastic screen. It took away from the ambience slightly but next time I would be sure to request a more particular area outside.Special Features:
- Dined October 18thDWD21VIPDined on 10/17/2014We enjoyed a wonderful meal at Copley's sitting outside on Saturday evening. Great wine list with solid selections. The veal special was very good and the duck breast wrapped in proscuitto was outstanding. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romance in the desertOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/16/2014Beautiful setting, in the courtyard of Cary Grant's Palm Springs home. Service was very personable - at least four staff members wished us a happy anniversary. The food was also excellent. The ahi tuna I had was the best preparation of ahi I have ever eaten. Tables arte spaced far enough apart that conversation was not a problem.Special Features:
- Favorite Restaurant in Palm SpringsPSFoodieVIPDined on 10/16/2014Have been dining at Copleys since the week they opened and have never been disappointed with a meal or the service! Lots of great restaurants in Palm Springs by Copleys remains my goto restaurant for almost any occasion! And be sure to check out their Family Style dinners or Wine Dinners...both are a lot of fun and should not be missed!Special Features:
- Excellent !!!!!!SweetieDined on 10/11/2014The best place in the Desert. Can't wait to go back....... A must :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something was off in the kitchenGoodDined on 10/9/2014Had dinner at Copleys last year. Had a very enjoyable dining experience. Went recently and was very disappointed. Each of us ordered beef tenderloins medium. All of them were serve medium rare to rare. The rare portion was served to me and was actually cool to the touch in the middle. The risotto was a somewhat overcooked and clumpy. Appetizers were ok, but limited and I would suggest a broader selection. The soup of the day was a cold soup, which seemed to be the theme of the night. Wish we would have kept our Spencer's reservation, or gone to JohannesSpecial Features:
- Consistently OutstandingEliseVIPDined on 10/8/2014Copley's is at the top of my list of dinner restaurants in Palm Springs. The setting is divine! Come a little early so that you can have a drink by the fire pit. Ask to sit under the stars for your meal. The service is always so professional, yet warm. And owner/chef Andrew's food is outstanding. The preparations are imaginative, and the ingredients the freshest. All four in our party at our latest dinner there raved about their selections. I had a beautiful kale and stone-fruit salad, a scrumptuous rare ahi tuna entree, and a lovely creme brulee for desert. It was a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Eh. 3 stars.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/2/2014This place was nice, but didn't really live up to the hype (very high reviews on yelp, tripadvisor, ect.). Everything we had was pretty good, but not excellent. Perhaps the 4.5 stars raised my expectations? Decent food, small appetizer portions, pricey, dirty silverware... Eh. I must say that the though the wait staff wasn't highly attentive, they were very polite and kind about us lingering 10-20 minutes past what felt like closing time. That says something. Solid 3 stars.Special Features:
- Best dining in Palm SpringFoodfortwoDined on 10/2/2014Dining at Copley's was a culinary experience. The attention to details, texture and taste was exquisite. The staff is attentive without being overbearing almost as if they were mind readers. I recommend this gem for anyone who wants to truly experience a great evening of dining and make to leave room to share dessert.Special Features:
- Birthday visitPeggyDined on 10/2/2014Six of us celebrated a recent birthday. We each got something different and all of it was wonderful (cod, salmon, beef tenderloin). They possibly have the best beet salad in the desert. The outdoor dining is wonderful. Truly a great place to celebrate special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must!StuartSDined on 9/30/2014From the moment we walked in, nothing but fives. The atmosphere with the center courtyard and mountain view was to die for. The service was excellent and the food was wonderful. if you're ever in Palm Springs and really want to spoil yourself one night, this is certainly the place. The only negative I can think of it that the soft background music was somewhat confusing, underwhelming and didn't add to the experience.Special Features:
- Above and beyond!CHobsonDined on 9/23/2014We were so impressed with Copley's! We dined there for our anniversary with our 2 year old, and the staff went above and beyond to accommodate us. They created special menu items for her, and since I'm vegetarian, gave me a variety of creative options as well. This was our most enjoyable dining experience in a week-long visit to Palm Springs.Special Features:
- Excellent CuisineMaryVIPDined on 9/20/2014Cary Grant's former guest house is the setting for this gourmet restaurant. Food was wonderful and the by-the-bottle wine list was extensive. Fairly expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hobnobVIPDined on 9/17/2014We had a most enjoyable evening from drinks at the intimate bar to a superb dinner. Best was a tea leaf smoked salmon that was then braised and presented at the table with a clear cover over the plate. Once the cover was removed the fragrance of the smoked tea leaf preparation was unforgettably delicious! Excellent service, excellent restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Completely First RateDishGroupieVIPDined on 9/17/2014First rate food, first rate service, first rate hospitality. From the moment you arrive you are treated as a valued guest. After being warmly received by the host, we were escorted to our table where shortly after being seated we were greeted by our server. We started with an excellent glass of wine recommended by our server after he asked us a few questions. After allowing us time to enjoy our wine and have some conversation, our server asked if we were ready to discuss dinner. He presented the specials, answered questions we had on some of the menu items and we ordered. The food arrived in a timely manner, was first rate from our appetizers, continuing through our wonderful seafood entrees and culminating with a wonderful dessert.Special Features:
- Food LoversHOTELBOBBYDined on 9/13/2014Great Martini. Start with the Taco. Creative menu. Great serviceSpecial Features:
- Well done, done wellJohnny555VIPDined on 9/13/2014Back from their summer hiatus and still doing it right. Good menu, great specials and superior service. What's not to like.Special Features:
- Great night outclayful1VIPDined on 9/13/2014This beautiful location makes for special times to be memorable. The service is attentive and the food is wonderful.Special Features:
- Favorite only gets betterKittyCityfoodieDined on 9/10/2014Amazing, intimate restaurant with a well-rounded menu. Chef/owner Andrew Copley creates dishes - from apps to desserts - that are seasonal and locally sourced. Ahi tacos are one of Andrew's not to miss apps and the new Colorado lamb chops are sweet, juicy and cooked to perfection. Tried the Key Lime Pie w/basil ice cream (always a favorite), which was perfection.Special Features:
- Celebrating? Choose another placePSPdinningVIPDined on 9/9/2014First I would point out that everything about Copley's is fine. However at this price point I wouldn't expect anything else but great food, etc; and therein lies my complaint. If you are planning on spending over $100 each, there are lots of great choices in Palm Springs! When considering that elite group of restaurants, Copley's gets a 'C' or average in my book. My spouse and I just recently celebrated our 30th wedding aniversary and choose Copley's for our special evening. Again, everything was just fine but most restaurants in town would comp you a desert or maybe even an appertiff for celebrating with them. Copley's didn't comp anything. The only 'splurge' on their part was sticking a birthday candle in our shared key lime pie.Special Features:
- Copley's ReviewfridayniteoutingsDined on 9/6/2014Our server was Victor. He was a wonderful server who made sure we always had drinks and food. Our dinners were served piping hot and at the same time for our party of 5. It was my husband's 65th birthday celebration & they surprised us with an inviting basal ice cream and fruit servings. We certainly will be back in the near future.. thank you..Special Features: