1216 Burlingame Avenue
Burlingame, CA 94010Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.copenhagenbakery.com/
- Phone: 6503421357
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday, Thursday & Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Scandinavian
- Executive Chef: Jody Goens
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Copenhagen Restaurant
With the prime location on Burlingame Avenue, in the same locale as the famous Copenhagen Bakery is the restaurant, known by the locals for it's refined Cosmopolitan Cuisine. Matching the exceptional standards and freshness of the 30-year old Danish bakery, Copenhagen Restaurant offers Steaks, Seafood, Salads, Pastas and distinctive dishes such as Danish Frikadeller meatballs, Pork Schnitzel, Margarita Prawns and our famous Chinese Chicken Salad. Family friendly and characterized as a neighborhood gem, the restaurant with it's European styled interior is warm and inviting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Copenhagen Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Burlingame ›
Copenhagen Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (5)fit for foodies (4)romantic (2)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- fun4lunchDined on 10/19/2014Been to this restaurant many times. Great for lunch and casual dinner. The lamb chops are the best I've ever had no matter the price.Special Features:
- Quick BiteDebruDined on 9/27/2014The food was ok, it filled our need to have something for late dinner after a big lunch. They got us in and out - the chicken schnitzel was a little dry, the beef stroganoff gravy was watery rather than my preferred creamier sauce. The pastries looked delicious but we were too full to try any. Service was competent and efficient but not really a personal touchSpecial Features:
- SueZeeQueVIPDined on 9/18/2014As always, the food was delicious. Everyone ad a different dish and no one was disappointed. The desserts, of course, were the highlight. The wait staff was very attentive without being hovering. We had a table by the window - great people watching on the Avenue!Special Features:
- Danish Pastries, food not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Not authentic Danish food at all. The pastries however are really authentic and more importantly, really tasty. Food is so-so.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in BurlingameSwankieVIPDined on 9/5/2014Some people think of Copenhagen as their go to spot for buying fabulous Danish pastries, coffeecakes and breads, others think no place has coffee as good....others love stopping by their ice cream bar for a scoop or a shake, other crave their freshed squeezed juice bar, me I love going to dinner at Copenhagen. In summer the big picture windows slide open to take in the parade of beautiful people on The Avenue. On the recent visit one of their excellent soups accompanies a mesmerizing plate of oh so tender short ribs! Their Chinese Chicken salad, was a huge bowl of crunchiness with a wonderful sesame and ginger spiked dressing studded with tender chunks of chicken, cilantro, green onion and sesame seeds. Reliably great food. Excellent!Special Features:
- Fun2eatVIPDined on 9/3/2014food is always good at Copenhagen whether you go for lunch or dinner. Salads are great as well as the hamburgers.Special Features:
- Wonderful, As Always!janesingsVIPDined on 8/23/2014My family eats there often, and it is always wonderful. The food is delicious and service is very good too. Jane C.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/16/2014Food is excellent and served piping hot. Vegetables are outstanding.Special Features:
- Still Love It!GourmetGalVIPDined on 8/13/2014The best homestyle cooking in Burlingame and San Mateo plus that awesome bakery!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frozen or old fishMayaDined on 8/13/2014They shouldn't have fish on the menu that is frozen. The Halibut was clearly frozen and very dry. I sent it back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/23/2014Only good for breakfast. Dinner is not good at all. Food is average and service is borderline terrible.
- Great Anytime of Day!GourmetGalVIPDined on 7/13/2014Everyone knows that Copenhagen has THE BEST breakfast, lunch and bakery in town but the best kept secret is what a great dinner spot it is. The staff transforms the space albeit somewhat with table cloths and candles and serves up a solid menu of homestyle Danish classics. So it's not super gourmet or fancy but what they do, they do really well. Prices are so reasonable and Copenhagen is our go-to for Sunday or a weeknight dinner. The staff is also terrific, so nice. The wine options are probably the only area that could use some improvement but the prices are excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/5/2014Tried Copenhagen for restaurant and bakery - exceeded my expectations. Loved desserts so much; bought more from bakery before left restaurant. Wonderful combinations for dinner - meatballs with red cabbage, wasabi mashed potato with fish. Highly recommend saving room for dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 155 reviews are from the Copenhagen Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great for dinner tooOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant is consistently outstanding at dinner and a great value since soup or salad is included. The food is always piping hot and delicous.Special Features:
- Special or EverydayGreatDinnersVIPDined on 6/13/2014We make a weekly trip to Copenhagen Restaurant for fine dining. Whether we eat off the special's Menu or the standard Menu we are never disappointed. The food is always well prepared and cooked to perfection, fish, chicken or beef. The portions are appropriate. The service is always great with water glasses and coffee being refilled without need of reminders. Sauces are always special and change weekly. They have made Birthday's and Anniversaries special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun2eatVIPDined on 5/31/2014The food is always good at Copenhagen whether you go for brunch, lunch or dinner. Never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemFoodieVIPDined on 5/25/2014Always comfortable, food consistent , reasonable prices, quiet and great staff friendlySpecial Features:
- A comfortable little placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/22/2014If you are looking for a simple place rather than gourmet food, you will enjoy the comfortable feeling of Copenhagen.Special Features:
- Great place to celebrate Norway DayNicky48Dined on 5/17/2014We were looking for a Scandanavian restaurant to celebrate Norway Day in the Bay Area as I have a Norwegian exchange student staying with me this year. This was a great choice.Special Features:
- Fun2eatVIPDined on 5/7/2014Food is always good whether it is brunch, lunch or dinner. Great salads, pasta or sandwiches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- People Watching and Good foodGourmetGalVIPDined on 5/2/2014What a treasure this bakery/cafe is on The Avenue. It's a no-brainer that Copenhagen is excellent for b'fast and lunch but it's also an excellent option for dinner. They add white table cloths, candles and flowers and the menu is full of delectable old world specialties like Frikadeller, Schnitzel and Beef Stroganoff. Everything they offer is done very well and is a great value. There are always seafood and meat specials and all entrees come with soup or salad and the freshest bread in town. Don't expect a high end gourmet fancy meal but a homey, friendly solid dining experience with a little B'Game Avenue people watching. Desserts are AWESOME! We go here at least 4 times per month and everything is always consistently good.Special Features:
- Consistently excellent dining.JimboVIPDined on 4/25/2014Always a pleasure to eat here. The food is very reasonable and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood placeOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/19/2014This is a great place and kid friendly for breakfast and lunch. At night, white tablecloths and fresh flowers transform it into a lovely dinner venue. The food is delicious and beautifully presented. Everything is prepared perfectly, including the gorgeous fresh vegetables that accompany most entrees. Service is terrific.Special Features:
- Nice placeTravelerDined on 4/12/2014Went to this restaurant several years ago (7 years ago), and wanted to come back when we were in the area again... so glad we did, it was the same as I remember... very good food! Also glad they are still in business, so many places you like in the past are gone.... what a gem!Special Features:
- Consistently excellent dining.JimboVIPDined on 3/28/2014Consistently excellent dining. The food is always delicious and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceEllenDined on 3/27/2014I really loved my experience at this restaurant. The food was awesome and original the service was fantastic. Everything about it is just perfect and I highly recommend it. It's a little bit of Europe in San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Copenhagen is great whetherFun2eatVIPDined on 3/16/2014Copenhagen is great whether for lunch or dinner. Good pasta, hamburgers or salads.Special Features:
- Copenhagen..the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2014Good food, good service, reasonable prices...Copenhagen fills the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food for reasonable price!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/21/2014We always enjoy it here and every entree we've tried has been great.Special Features:
- Enjoy the Hospitality at DinnertimeGourmetGalVIPDined on 2/16/2014Always a pleasure to come here for a casual dinner. The staff is very welcoming and kind plus the food is always expertly prepared. The venue and menu are certainly nothing fancy but they do a good job of dressing up the place for dinner and serving generous portions of interesting comfort food with a Danish twist. This place reminds me of a European style casual eatery found all over Europe with the on-premises bakery and all day dining. Copenhagen is consistently good and our go-to almost every week.Special Features:
- SurpriseWalterVIPDined on 2/14/2014Dinner at Copenhagen was a positive surprise. Excellent lamb chops cooked just right with delicate reduction sauce and all fresh vegetables.Special Features:
- Best on burlingame avewinendineVIPDined on 2/14/2014Very good food and wine , nice atmosphere, consistent service, quick and efficient . Nice white tableclothes , little flowers on table. Beautiful decor and large windows to view the action on the street. Chicken and lamb are always great. Dessert is okay , odd since they are part of a magnificent bakery but the pie, and cakes are not on their dessert menu. Oh well.Special Features:
- Excellent Continental FoodRBB22Dined on 2/14/2014The Jagerschnitzel was amazing. I felt like I was in Germany! We've been back several times since.Special Features:
- Excellent place to dineChowManDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I truly enjoyed this unique restaurant's excellent selection of menu items. From appetizers to desserts all was very delectable. The service was very attentive and accommodating. A great place to go if you don't want the typical chain restaurant dining experience!Special Features:
- I was very good food, andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I was very good food, and good service, but a bit noisy. Have recommended it to my friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too many tablesAngelaVIPDined on 2/14/2014The food was good and the wine excellent but there were so many tables in a small space that it was impossible to carry on a conversation without including the people at the adjoining tables, The desserts were both beautiful and tasty. If you like chocolate desserts, this is the place to go as long as you don't wish to talk to your companions. Since this restaurant is also a bakery; it might be wiser just to purchase the dessert and take it home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DinnerMissTannerVIPDined on 2/14/2014Came here for valentines dinner with me and two other people. We ordered some appetizers and they were good the prawns were tasty and the tomato and avocado was good. For my main entree I ordered the capellini, when I got it, it was served to me in a flat plate (who does that?) it was really watery and all of the juice was falling over onto me as well as the table, it was not what I expected, usually pasta is served in a bowl. The tables were way to close, the table next to us was literally chiming in every chance they got to our conversation, it was annoying. Can't say I love the food and atmosphere that much to be back anytime soon, that pasta presentation just killed it for me...
- Downtown BurlingameOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 2/9/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Copenhagen over the weekend. We had not eaten here before and found the restaurant to be a charming neighborhood eatery. The food was good…comfort food style. The wine list was mediocre at best and could use an upgrade. All in all we enjoyed our meal and would most likely return when in town.Special Features:
- We've been there several timesMichaelDined on 2/8/2014We've been there several times and enjoy it. The price is moderate, food is excellent, nice service and good atmosphere. Nothing we can complain.
- Just a wonderful experience..PregameDinnerDined on 2/6/2014While staying in the San Francisco area we were looking for a nice restaurant based on Open table ratings for the Burlingame area and happened to notice the Copenhagen Restaurant and let me say that we were not disappointed. The restaurant has a wonderful ambience to it with a small dinner section and a wonderful menu offering. The setting would be wonderful for a little quick romantic evening out on the town. The food and service was outstanding on the evening we ate at the restaurant and the desserts afterwards at the bakery was wonderful. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting to have a wonderful dining experience. Parking can be a challendge, so come a little early to find yourself a parking spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.