Copelands of New Orleans
1400 Plaza Place
Southlake, TX 76092Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Copelands of New Orleans
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.southlakecopelands.com/
- Phone: 8173052199x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 10:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 10:30am
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 3:00pm
Lunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Steak, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef: Jerry Keomanivong
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Copeland’s Southlake offers a private dining experience located off of our main dining room. The private space can be arranged in several different seating arrangements with one wall offering our cellar wine cabinets. We offer our full menu as well as custom designed menu options for our groups. We are able to accommodate your Audio Visual needs with our onsite AV department as well.
- Private Party Contact: Devin Rackham 8173052199x
- Entertainment: We offer live music Wednesday and Thursday evenings 6pm-10pm and Friday and Saturday evenings 7pm-Midnight. Check out our entertainment calendar on our Facebook Page.
A word from Copelands of New Orleans
Copeland’s of New Orleans serves an authentic, hometown New Orleans taste and ambiance to guests who enjoy truly exceptional food and hospitality. Our casually festive atmosphere combines New Orleans flavor and comfort with upscale sensibility. From the Creole favorites that embody the heart and soul of Southern Louisiana, to our flavorful takes on seafood, pasta, salads, Prime steaks and desserts, we offer something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Copelands of New Orleans - Best Restaurants in Southlake ›
Copelands of New Orleans reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (9)romantic (6)fit for foodies (5)great for brunch (5)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)neighborhood gem (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Horrible!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Had dined here several times previously and had been very happy with the food and the service...not sure what happened but this visit was horrible! Service was about the worst I've ever experienced anywhere and the food was just bad. For one member of our party, his food was so overly salted it was inedible! This was especially frustrating since this was to be a very special celebration for my mother-n-laws 85th birthday. All that was offered by the Service Manager was 2 comp desserts ,15 % off the check and a free appetizer on next visit...like I would ever go back...NOT! If I could give less than one star in all categories, I definitely would!
- Food qualityJujuDined on 8/8/2014We have memories of elegant dining and tasty food at Copelands. Sadly, things have changed. Bar has taken over the restaurant. Too noisy. Food taste and quality is not the same.
- greatKuddosDined on 8/2/2014Our waiter Connor was outstanding ! He was very knowledgeable of the menu. Our meal came out in record time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Orleans meets TexasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We were quickly seated. Service was great. Price was right. What else can you ask for? A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBendyDined on 7/19/2014The food is excellent. The gumbo is delicious! They also have smaller portion menu items if you aren't that hungry or want to share.Special Features:
- CrowdedMicheleDined on 6/29/2014This place is a zoo for Sunday brunch. Very crowded with buffet tables set up in every available walking space. And they will not honor Open Table reservations.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/27/2014Great food but very dissappointing atmosphere mostly due to not being able to be seated in the actual dining room. With reservations for 4, and a 30 minute wait beyond our reservation time, we thought we would have been able to enjoy the atmosphere of the dining room.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/27/2014Food was hit and miss. Not consistant. Didn't get the impression that this is a from scratch kitchen. If it is, it doesn't taste like it.
- Outstanding food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2014Our monthly ladies luncheon group met here & it was perfect. They seated us in a quiet area so that we could talk with ease. The food was excellent and the service was amazing. We all decided we wanted to return again for another visit. Really great food.Special Features:
- Mediocre Food for a Pretty PennypositivelypandaDined on 6/15/2014We had the brunch buffet on Father's Day. The breakfast foods were all cold and tasteless, the desserts were dry, and the lunch foods left much to be desired. For such an expensive buffet, you'd think the food would be better. Not worth the money.Special Features:
- Back for MoreJessiAnn11Dined on 5/2/2014I love the shrimp alfredo with crab cakes and so I was back for more. I just have to gamble on whether I'll be seated near a noisy child and the live music that night was SOOOO loud I could barely hear anything, which I hated, but the food was good, so I need to figure out a better time to go.Special Features:
- The following 110 reviews are from the Copelands of New Orleans reviews archive.
- we loved itJonnyDined on 4/20/2014This was our second visit and we enjoyed it as much as the first. We went valentines and had an excellent date. This time we took the family out around brunch time and were surprised by a fantastic brunch buffet. Well cooked and seasoned with a huge selection to choose from. It was a little pricey but well worth every penny. We'll keep returning to this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffet not what it used to beRobGDined on 4/20/2014We visited for the Easter brunch buffet, though they offer Sunday brunch every weekend. The food was good enough, but the service was very slow, and it was not as crowded as it has been in previous visits. They did not have many "breakfast" offerings, but all of the food was quite good. I would recommend for the food, but with a warning that service is exceedingly slow.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GmanVIPDined on 4/20/2014Nice Easter Brunch. Ignore the mixed reviews. Yes the servers are very young and not very polished. Yes the vibe is a freeway hotel restaurant. But the food was good and the deserts were truly delicious. It's not the Mansion but it's not Dennys either. Go and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchColleyvilleDeanVIPDined on 4/20/2014We were 7 in total reservations were made at least 5 weeks in advance we are seated on time however there is no highchair although it was listed on the reservation we were offered a booster seat w/ no straps & told when a highchair became available it would be brought to us we never saw received a highchair the food although a buffet was great large selection of breakfast fare and nice selection including Cajun favorites for lunch I would have liked to seen more dessert choices but the choices we did have were good service at the table was very good aside from not being provided a highchair I would recommend this as a destination for Sunday Brunch.Special Features:
- Fabulous birthday lunch!SherylDined on 3/22/2014This was my second time visiting this restaurant. Each time, the service and food have been impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst service hands downOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/11/2014This was the worst service I have seen in a long time. We could not wait to leave, which was unfortunate since we were celebrating a special occasion with out of town guests. It is difficult to stomach that this kind of service is attached to Hilton hotel or in an affluent town like Southlake. It was truly unacceptable. Unfortunately, the server was simply ignorant and lacking in training of basic food service...seems like he should have been the bus boy, not server. This was our first time dining at Copelands...and LAST! We had doggie bags, but I wanted no parts of taking them home, as I did not want to recall the experience...that bad!
- Brunch was okCindyDined on 3/9/2014Came here on Sunday for lunch and they offered a brunch buffet. The dining room was remodeled and much smaller as they expanded the bar area. We tried the brunch buffet and lots of things were picked over and empty. Had to wait for them to replenish the food items. Omlette station was good. Service was a little slow and plates were not cleared timely and drinks were not filled timely either. I will probably not try the brunch again, not worth it. The quality of the food is probably better if ordered from the menu.Special Features:
- Great food, but OK serviceNaturalPeachVIPDined on 2/26/2014Food was amazing!! The server was not attentive to wanting more water, or receiving menus again for dessert selections. Just not the best or worst.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a free night so decidedDHumbertDined on 2/21/2014We had a free night so decided to go to Copeland's. We've been before and have never been disappointed. The food and service were great. We enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, but worth it!NatDeKDined on 2/14/2014Amazing for special occasions, Copeland's was nice and quiet. Perfect for Valentine's Day! Although it was a little far from Dallas the scene/feeling and food was worth the drive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2014I've been to Copelands in New Orleans & this location just doesn't measure up. Was more than just a little disappointed.
- Thoroughly enjoyed!!!StylingDivaDined on 2/14/2014My sweetie and I had a great time for Valentine's Day. He love to cook so he is a self proclaimed food critic, LOL, but he was very pleased with the food, service and ambience at Copeland'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Special Occasion42five0Dined on 2/14/2014We chose Copeland's for several reasons: Great food Fun time with friends Ease of reservation (even on Valentine's night) Location Value Our steaks were great, the pasta dishes were outstanding and the dessert was made to order. Excited to go back for the full menu. The highlight of our experience was our waitress, if you go, ask for Monica and get ready to tip well because she deserves itSpecial Features:
- Valentines TripDallasHackerDined on 2/12/2014Over all great resturnant, not a whole lot more to say except our Server Jordan was awesome she took very good care of us and made sure we had every thing we needed. Great place it is my Girlfriends favorite resutraunt and I understand why, it was a 45 min drive eah way for us and worth every Mile. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Constitency good Cajun foodramblerDined on 1/17/2014Copeland's is one of the best and most consistent Cajun restaurants in the metroplex. Having spent five years working in The Big Easy, I developed a taste for fresh and spicy seafood. On our last date night, my wife and I split the appetizer Sampler Platter, (Artichoke & Spinach Dip, Bayou Broccoli & Al’s Cajun Popcorn Shrimp) all three were good but the Broccoli was outstanding. For our main course, we also split the Crabcakes and Shrimp Alfredo. They brought the meal out on two plates (nice touch) but substituted the Crapcakes for stuffed shrimp. When we notified our wait person, she was quick to bring out additional Crab cakes. Although they were cold, we were both too full to eat them anyway. They made an excellent lunch Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service, but...ChatanDined on 1/10/2014The food was great, and the wait staff service was fantastic. My one complaint has to do with the host experience at the front of the restaurant. We had a reservation for 5 people scheduled for 7:00pm. We arrived at 6:55pm, and informed the hostess that we had a reservation. I then heard the other hostess (Vannah) say, under her breath, "we just gave their table away". Plenty of confusion ensued, and in the end we waited an extra 10 minutes to sort it out. Even then, when we where told the table was ready, we seemed to wander a bit before finding a table to for our party. Makes you wonder what the point of the reservation was...Special Features:
- Great Service as an EXTRA STEP!criticdivaDined on 1/5/2014Copeland's Sampler Platter was a must have for me. Before Jordan could get my drink order I was ready to order. It is simply delicious. I think it goes without saying this was not my first visit and the menu has so much to offer; nevertheless, my prior visit was so memorable of how well satisfied my palate was I repeated my entrée as well. It was grilled chicken with jasmine rice and creole sauce that is only 470 calories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/26/2013We were seated and totally ignored for 20 minutes while everyone around us were taken care of. We had to move and sit by the bar to even get service.Special Features:
- Bad ChristmasRonw73Dined on 12/25/2013At my scheduled 6:30 arrival I was told the kitchen wait time was 90 minutes. The drink order was wrong twice and my waiter brought my martini twist in his bare hand. Portions were smaller and they were out of key items. I have never been so disappointed with CopelandsSpecial Features:
- Christmas Dinnerdinner42Dined on 12/25/2013We choose to go here for two reasons, they were open on Christmas Day and the menu that was online sounded awesome. When we got there, they were behind in the reservations. They had a limited menu, which was disappointing. I do believe that dinning there on a different day other than Christmas, I would have given it a higher rating.Special Features:
- Christmas Dinner - 2 Hours LaterBrianBartonDined on 12/25/2013My wife and I love Copeland's of New Orleans and were excited to go there for Christmas dinner. We made our reservation through OpenTable for 5:15pm. We arrived ahead of time and were told by the hostess that the kitchen was backed up and are on a 2 hour wait. Very disappointing considering we made a reservation. Our server was very apologetic even though the situation was out of her hands. Food was very good. Manager came to our table later and assured us this was not the norm and offered to make it right. Still love the food here and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total meltdownYankeecatDined on 12/25/2013We arrived a few minutes early for our reservation and were seated immediately. Then the fun began. An hour later we had no food and no one in our dining area did either. We were never offered an explanation for the hour and a half delay other than, "It's crazy in the kitchen." Unfortunately there was no place to go as it was Christmas Day. Once the food arrived it was good, but not good enough to makeup for the ridiculous delay. I won't be dining here again anytime soon, especially on a special occasion .
- First Time; Not ImpressedKimPDined on 12/25/2013We decided to get a light lunch on Christmas morning and Copeland's was one of the few restaurants opened in the Dallas area. We had a reservation and was quickly seated upon arrival. The waiter came, got our drink order and later returned to take our food order. The waiter kept returning to assure us our food was coming; however, it was over 30 min before the food came. He FINALLY offer us biscuits after about 20 min but it seemed customary with other guests. Others who arrived after us (with a different waiter) received their food before ours which was simply gumbo and shrimp Alfredo (how long could that take?) The food was warm upon arrival as if it has been sitting for awhile. To say the least, that was my first and last time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prix Fixe Plate LunchOpenTableCriticVIPDined on 12/25/2013We were here on Christmas Day. The Holiday Platter was served by a water. it would have been better if the entire plate was not swimming in turkey gravy. portions were small and it could have been better but was the only place open for Christmas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Holiday Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013I invited two friends for a holiday lunch...they both thanked me. These people have dined at some of the top resturants in Dallas, but they were happy with my selection. The price was right as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Christmas Day lunchDinerDan1Dined on 12/25/2013Our Christmas day lunch was excellent in all respects. The service, food and everything involved could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short staffing affected service.DcltexasDined on 12/23/2013Short staffing affected service. New bar area major improvementSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar tableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/21/2013Upon arriving, we were informed that all Open Table reservations are seated in the bar area (They said we should have called them directly for a regular table). they proceeded to sit our party of 5 at a small round high top table. We were eventually moved to another rectangular table after making a number of complaints.
- The tables were very closeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/13/2013The tables were very close together, the wine slelection was lacking and the one I selected was horrible so I sent it back. The waiter said he would remove it from the bill but then did not. It took so long ot get our check that we did not want to argue over that one item. The steaks were inconsistent. My husbands was a very good quality but mine (also a filet) was grainy.