Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro - New Orleans
2001 St. Charles Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro - New Orleans
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://copelandscheesecakebistro.com/
- Phone: (504)620-0106
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 11:00pm; Jazz Brunch Buffet: Sunday 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Party Pans and Catering Available
- Private Party Facilities: On the St. Charles' street car line, Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro exemplifies great service with lagniappe hospitality and unique New Orleans cusine. Enjoy a three-course plated dinner or buffet-style event. Come taste classic New Orleans as you celebrate your next private dining event.
- Private Party Contact: Brad Sevin 8772633505
A word from Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro - New Orleans
Copelands Cheesecake Bistro has a boundless menu, caring staff and fun ambiance, intended to excite everyone of your senses as you enjoy a truly casual meal with friends and family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro - New Orleans reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food was good, nice variety,WaltDined on 10/6/2013Food was good, nice variety, but seemed to run out of items, with a wait to have it replenished. I could understand that if it was crowded, but at this point it was not overly busy. Also, large gaps between visits from waitress.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service great foodJraymondDined on 8/11/2013Great service great food outstanding ambience but they got our bill wrong. They ended up triple charging us and it was a hassle to get it fixedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going downhillJimDDined on 8/3/2013We used to think of Copelands Cheesecacke Bisrto as our "must go to spot" whenever we would get to New Orleans, we have recomended it to many friends through out the years. we hadn't been to Copelands In the last 3-4 years and were eagerly awaiting eating there on our trip to NewO this weekend. What a disappointment.... The service was so so at the best ...and the food was nothing special. ....it seems that both have slipped mightily. I would say service was a 3 ( it seemed like our server just didn't care) and the food a 5 at the best. In a city chock full of great resturants, I sadly say that I can't recommend Copelands any more, we did find two gems, in a place called Tommy' and Maxine's both I'd rate at 9+ easily !
- Prepare to waitNewToNOLADined on 7/27/2013This is only a partial review - we booked a reservation on OpenTable and after checking in and waiting 25 minutes, we decided to leave. Having a reservation doesn't mean much at this establishment, so before going, make sure this is a place you are committed to dining, time is not an issue for you, and you don't mind being treated like a number. We didn't eat at the restaurant at all -but OpenTable requires a rating for the whole dining experience. I selected "good" for the food because it did look enticing. The service at the entry area was very unresponsive so that's why the low rating. The dining area looked like people were engaging well and it was not terribly noisy even with very large parties present (showers, birthday parties).Special Features:
- New Orleans Trip 2013goodfoodjunkieDined on 7/20/2013We have eaten here before on a couple of occassions when we were visiting NOLA and our service and food was outstanding! This time however I was very disappointed :/ We were seated as per our reservation time but waited over 20 minutes for someone to even acknowledge our table and it was by the Manager on duty, not the wait staff. Our food was outstanding and just wish our service would have been the same. The manager on duty was very gracious and understanding and took care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was mediocre at best.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2013Food was mediocre at best. Service was reprehensible. Will not return.
- Great Late Night Meal & ServiceEllyDined on 7/9/2013Had a 9:15 pm reservation for my wife's 70th birthday. Really enjoyed everything! My wife received a free cheescake of her choice for her birthday from the server. We will definitely return again and tell others about the restaurant on St Charles AvenueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedNannytutDined on 7/7/2013I made a reservation for 7, was seated before 7 but my food did not arrive until 8!
- Girls Night OutbossymossyDined on 7/4/2013The Cheesecake Bistro, St Charles location was a perfect choice. It's location was convenient to the central business district and our hotels. The St. Charles streetcar put route allowed easy access to the restaurant. We enjoyed the opportunity to dine together. The prices were affordable for cocktails, appetizers and entrees. The service was great and we have all agreed on our next visit we will definitely visit this facility and recommend Cheesecake Bistro to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seems they are slipping in qualityMissKitty53VIPDined on 6/23/2013Server got our order wrong. Food was cold. The special for the 1/2 price bottle wine was the best deal of the night. The special for the steaks was average: Petite Filet's were horizontal cuts; vertical cuts are better.
- Not what we thought it would beOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2013My husband and I like to pick a new place to eat every time we get to go to New Orleans. We chose Copelands. Bad choice. First of all, the restaurant was dark, not much lighting. Even worse than no lighting, it was sooooo noisy, downright loud!! Then, our server was incredibly slow and food preparation was also slow. It took us over an hour to get our entrees. The manager did give us free cheesecake due to our wait (cheesecake was spectacular)! The remainder of the food was not as spectacular. My husband had a steak that he did not finish. My husband is a steak LOVER, so for him not to finish a steak says a lot. Honestly, I cannot remember what I are, so that tells you how memorable the place was. We definitely will not be going back.Special Features:
- Hungry for Something Good to Eat?Place4dadDined on 6/16/2013It is often said that you can easily find somewhere to eat on Father's Day; but this year at Cheesecake Bistro that saying was simply not true! We were happy we went online & made a reservation! It appeared that everybody & their dad were taking advantage of the delicious foods that were available. My son took his dad to my son's favorite venue & I invited myself. My husband really took advantage of the situation! He ordered the mouth watering spinach dip for starters. His entree, BBQ Shrimp arrived piping hot just the way he likes it. He ordered a half priced bottle of wine & ended his meal with a hunk of white chocolate strawberry cheesecake. Geeze! I was full watching him eat. Our waitress was wonderful! It was the place to be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- COPELAND'S 5 STAR JAZZ BRUNCH...WOWHIXONEDined on 6/16/2013COPELANDS BISTRO ON ST. CHARLES SERVES UP A GREAT TIME AT THE SUNDAY JAZZ BRUNCH. SERVICE WAS WONDERFUL. CHELSEA WAS TOP NOTCH IN SERVICE AND CHEERFULNESS. THE YOUNG LADY WORKING AS FLOOR MANAGER WAS A TREASURE AND SHE GAVE US A $15.00 COUPON FOR OUR NEXT VISIT. THE LOVELY YOUNG LADY AT THE RESERVATION DESK WAS CHEERFUL AND HELPFUL. IN SHORT YA'LL DID AL COPELAND PROUD AND HE WAS A PERFECTIONIST. THE FOOD AS ALWAYS WAS GREAT. I HAVE TO RECOMMEND THE NEW ORLEANS CHICKEN FRIED CHICKEN TO EVERYONE. THE FIRST BITE TOOK ME BACK TO MY FIRST BITE OF POPEYE'S CHICKEN WHEN AL WAS IN CHARGE, IT WAS PURE HEAVEN. YOU CAN STILL GET A LITTLE BIT OF THAT WONDERFUL FLAVOR AGAIN WITH THE NEW ORLEANS CHICKEN FRIED CHICKEN. 5 STAR SUNDAY JAZZ BRUNCH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dads day dinerOctoberdinerDined on 6/16/2013My family and I celebrated fathers day brunch, best buffet I had in a long timeSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed ItCH2013Dined on 6/9/2013Although we have a Copeland's in our city, it is never at the top of my list of places to go. I ended up going to the one in New Orleans because it was close to our hotel. The food and atmosphere was good. The service was not bad but believe the waitress could have been a little more attentive. Overall a good place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just plain awfulJnolaVIPDined on 5/26/2013This place needs Gordon Ramsey ! Avoid it at all cost!
- Having a bad nightzzzzzzzzzzDined on 5/24/2013I am a frequent customer. This was not their finest night. Server was great. Food was mediocre.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/4/2013This is a great casual restaurant in the Garden District. Everyone enjoyed their meals and we really appreciated the service - very attentive staff. Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really awful service - drinksRyanVIPDined on 4/20/2013Really awful service - drinks were always empty, server never to be found. One in our party ordered a filet and it came beyond well done. The replacement arrived when we were all ready for the check. Our third time here with food issues and we won't be back. Too many good restaurants in the city.
- Away from the action, butGeorgiaGirlVIPDined on 4/15/2013Away from the action, but reasonable prices and the food was good. If you want a great dessert, this is a good find.
- Jazz Brunch Was GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/14/2013We had a fantastic Jazz Brunch with mimosas refilled before they were empty. The roast beef, omelets, shrimp, caesar salad, etc. was fantastic. Our waitress was superb! And, to top it all off, the value was great, especially for New Orleans.Special Features:
- The food was great i had crawfishOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013The food was great i had crawfish and crab bake and the crabcakes.and the service was even better. Johnathan was our waiter and he was great. Very attentive and courteous. He made it worth coming to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Lots of choices of types ofOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/6/2013Lots of choices of types of food, ambiance was comfortable, the service we received was excellent. Food prep was not gourmet but very good.
- Great restaurant with hugeSLGPDined on 3/29/2013Great restaurant with huge variety! It is one of my "must haves" everytime I visit NOLA.Special Features:
- It's certainly not the restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013It's certainly not the restaurants fault, but our party couldn't hear each other speak over the multiple crying infants around us. A restaurant this nice shouldn't permit infants, but the customers shouldn't bring them either.Special Features:
- The food was good. ServiceavandoDined on 3/16/2013The food was good. Service was quick and responsive even though the restaurant was full.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/25/20132 Thumbs up! The waitress was outstanding. she was able to handle a big group very well.Special Features:
- I understand if you dont. ...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013It was my wife and I anniversary. The food and ambiance were good however, after we got our drinks it took about 10 minutes for the waiter to come back and take our order. We ordered an appetizer which took so long to come out, it was served with our entrees. Our reason for going was of course for the cheese cake, upon finishing our entrees it took another 15 minutes for the waiter to take out dessert order because he was at the dessert counter having a conversation that we could see from our table. The coup de gras was when we finally finished our dessert that finally came it took 20 minutes to get the check and when he brought it the waiter actually said, I understand if you don't leave a tip. My wife and I were floored!!!Special Features:
- We don't get back to New OrleansOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013We don't get back to New Orleans much for dining, but when we do, we dine at Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro sometimes.Special Features:
- The service was great! I amOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The service was great! I am glad I booked it online, I did not have to wait at all on such a busy day. The second we walked through the door we immediately sat down and began being served.Special Features:
- It was Valentine Day, whichOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013It was Valentine Day, which was hectic. The food was limited for the cost. Not normal for this business. I blame V Day..Special Features:
- We stayed at the Avenue PlazaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/3/2013We stayed at the Avenue Plaza and Copeland's was walking distance from the hotel which was very convienent!! They had a wonderful Buffett Saturday morning with live music which was great since we're visiting for the Superbowl. There was an abundance of food and choices and it was all delicious!! The fried chicken was so yummy!! We also dined here after the Superbowl on our way back to the hotel. It was late at night and though the food was a little slow coming out of the kitchen it was still a pleasant experience. The staff was very nice and kept the cudtomers patient as it was very late at night. I was amazed at how the staff kept their composer in the middle of all the chaos!! Well done!!Special Features:
- okay for location and venueIndianinBaltimoreDined on 2/3/2013okay for location and venue - and service was attentive and very good - but I have had better grub and variety at Copelands in Rockville MarylandSpecial Features:
- Cheesecake Bistro has GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/25/2013Cheesecake Bistro has Good Food, Good Service, Nice atmosphere & Awesome Cheesecake....Special Features:
- My family and I are new toHiddenGemDined on 1/2/2013My family and I are new to the area and were looking for somewhere nice to celebrate my wifes birthday. Copelands in New Orleans came recommended by a co-worker. The place was great. The staff was very vibrant, and the seating options were just perfect (various booths or tables). The background music was there; meaning just right. It really reminded me of a more mellow hard-rock cafe. The menu items were not over-priced for what you get and we really had a great time.Special Features:
- Great food, wonderful service,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Great food, wonderful service, fantastic atmosphereSpecial Features:
- dont do waste your timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2012My experience was awful. The first thing the waitress says is Im sorry but we are out of a few things tonight. Okay thats cool,we arent picky. Then she reads off half the menu. Secondly our child was with us and shes one , we ordered her a grill cheese. The waitress didnt worn us that the grilledcheese would be a four piece of bread and one slice of cheese. What i had was suppose to be steak. It was awful and very little food for so much money. Horrible. Awful. But the alcholic beverage was pretty good and the cheesecake was alright. Mcdonalds has this place beat. I wouldnt recommend that place to my dog even if they were giving out free bones.Special Features:
- Significantly delayed seatingmikee58Dined on 12/24/2012Significantly delayed seating for an 8pm reservation (seated at 845). This was Christmas Eve however. Combination of crowd (large groups being seated), and seemed like less servers as some sections were not open. They were as efficient and pleasant as they could be once seated. I would/will return however.Special Features:
- Had better food and service here.kmcdsteelDined on 12/24/2012Had better at this Cheesecake Bistro. I guess because it was Christmas, the place was understaffed. My husband and I ordered a seafood platter and there were 2 oysters, one shrimp, and 4 pieces of fish. On top was a pile high of onion rings. On the bottom, the plate overflowed with French fries. We were extremely disappointed because the food is usually a lot better.Special Features:
- A Cut AboveJchiguy1VIPDined on 12/21/2012It's a uniquely New Orleans take on a familiar national chain. Food is, as expected in NO, a cut above. Atmosphere is eclectic, fun and comfortable. Service was a bit slow this visit but still attentive. Prices are reasonable for the quality and quantity. Take the streetcar Uptown (after construction on the line is complete) and enjoy!Special Features: