Copacabana Supper Club
268 West 47th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
Latin AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Copacabana Supper Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thecopacabana.com/
- Phone: 2122392672
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American
- Executive Chef: Chef Alex Garcia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Jose Almonte 2122392672
A word from Copacabana Supper Club
The Copacabana Supper Club, lead by Chef Alex Garcia, tours diners through iconic, regional Latin American dishes in an environment that transports guests into mid-century glamour. The 125 seat eatery features a bar and lounge area in addition to the stage, home to the house band, and dance floor. Featuring New York's most extensive collection of rums, the Copacabana Supper Club combines the soul of the past with the unbridled passion of Latin America.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Copacabana Supper Club reviews from OpenTable diners
- amazing!alohaDined on 4/19/2014Great food, service and throw in a hot nightclub too;Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationsimplyboricuaDined on 4/5/2014The wholeoverall was great !! The space is wonderful and the women were gorgeous . The servers were attentive and ready to please .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SALSAMesrickDined on 11/16/2013We came for the dancing and ended up eating dinner there a couple times. I ordered the same thing each time as I found my self craving their puerto rican dishes. The upstairs dance floor is good for the first hour. The real salsa takes place after that in the dinning room. Better know your moves otherwise you will definitely get shown up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff, including the hostessPegWVIPDined on 11/9/2013The staff, including the hostess were wonderful. They went out of their way to accommodate our theatre going needs. The food was very interesting with options from different countries. It was not very crowded pre-theatre but we returned post theatre and it was very lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dine & danceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2013Great place to celebrate a birthday or go on date great music all types 2 floorsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Place in NY for Latin ClubSusieDined on 11/2/2013Exellent Ambience, Service and the Saturday DJ was outstanding!!! It was my first time in Copacabana and it was an amazing experience. I am definitely coming back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok, but not as expectedluvnycDined on 10/26/2013we expected more plush ambiance! seemed a bit dated.Special Features:
- SplendidCitygirlDined on 9/28/2013My sister and i enjoyed dining at the Copacabana Supper Club. the ambiance and music was great. The food was great and the waiter very attentive. i was there celebrating my birthday. However, i was quite disappointed to find out we were not allowed in the Rooftop because of private party going on. my whole reason for going there was to enjoy the rooftop as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Copa nightPoppyDined on 9/14/2013Received dinner at the Copa as a gift. The place was nice - ambience so-so. It was very noisy - conga drums playing continuously. The floor was b are hardwood which just made it louder. Waiters were very formal, and food was very good with nice presentation. It was a very enjoyable dinner however the reason I wouldn't recommend it to a friend is that it seemed very pricey. My dinner was covered by the voucher I received as a gift however "tax and gratuity" were not. The bill before tax was $124. Tax and gratuity turned out to be $40.
- It is noisy and very touristy.WarrenVIPDined on 8/24/2013The food was good but every thing had a spicy kick to it. There was some sort of glitch in the kitchen and people around us were getting their meals but ours never came. The waiter was nice but had many tables and never even checked our table. Not a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Great place - food was wonderful -dogloversDined on 8/10/2013Great place - food was wonderful - waiters were efficient and courteous - loved the Latin music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2013What is anymore? The famed Copacabana, now in the middle of midtown, needs to remember their glorious past. When we walked into the place, the first thing I noticed was the large C rating from the City of NY Health Department. For those who don't know, it doesn't go lower than that. The appetizers we had were good (there were four of us), the entree mediocre, and the dessert, while tasty, was a very small portion. The fixed price was reasonable for midtown ($45), but the drinks were $$$. Eighty-seven bucks for 3 Jacks, 2 mango mojitos, 1 grey goose and soda, and 2 glasses of wine. Come on guys! I wrote a lot more (go to yelp) but these guys limit me. Bottom line: spend you $ and time somewhere else.
- Great Food, even better ambianceGabbyDined on 6/29/2013My trip to the copa was a good one. Our server I believe his name was Hector was AMAZING. he was very in tune with what our tastes were and was very courteous in every aspect. The ambiance was amazing the colors and the music was just at the right volume so you can talk but still enjoy it. The staff was amazing overall and the food was delicious. I will definitley be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved it!deathbykitkatDined on 6/22/2013My boyfriend loves the Barry Manilow song, so for his birthday, one of the activities was coming to eat at the Copacabana! The hostess was very nice, used the complimentary coat check for our luggage, and were promptly seated. Our waiter was prompt and very nice. We ordered all our food choices at the same time and the timing of the delivery was perfect. Each dish was wonderful. We had used an AmazonLocal coupon, so we got both our meals and a pitcher of red sangria for a very good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ItVeryhappyDined on 6/8/2013This was my first experience at Copacabana and my girlfriend and I were very pleased. The food was excellent, the appetizer the entree, and the service was very good. We also had dessert which mine was a delightful surprise (basically a chocolate cake with chocolate oozing on the inside) my girl did not like hers as much as she liked mine. I highly recommend eating there and the music being played throughout the night had me chair dancing most of the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The snapper was under seasonedkaylanicDined on 6/8/2013The snapper was under seasoned but everything else was great. The other people in my party were happy with their food. All the appetizers we selected were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/25/2013I wouldn't recommend my friends go after 8:00 pm. The service is extremely slow and the food is not the same. It took forever for the food to come & we waited 40 mins just for the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better than expected.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/18/2013It had great food, especially the flan and the bread with dip. And then you get to go dancing afterwards so the value of the prix fix is great. However, there is only a prix fix so it would have been nice to have an option for less food.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurant, theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013Very nice restaurant, the food and the service were very good. Took my friend for her birthday and she really enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant is very romantic,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013The restaurant is very romantic, the employee very friendly and the food forgetter was more that I expected. The club fabulos y really surprise me how people from different culture enjoy my Latin music so thank to them and Copacabana to let me feel like I was a home that night.Special Features:
- Not good!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013I went to copacabana with my boyfriend and the food was ok taste, main course feels like an appetizer and dessets were just like they pulled out of a supermarket box. Not recommended there are other places on where you can better eat for U$160 and won't starve later.
- Great Service. Waiter wasJoelyDined on 4/13/2013Great Service. Waiter was amazing. I had the red snapper and it was delicious but the other people I was with their food was good but not as great as mine.Special Features:
- first time at this resturant,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013first time at this resturant, the staff was very friendly and gracious, the food was excellent, I would return there the next time I go to Manhattan. The variety of various Spanish food was wonderful and and very tasty. There were 4 of us and all had a different dish and again all were just super, would highly recomend if you like Spanish cuisine.
- We enjoyed ourselves veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/9/2013We enjoyed ourselves very much. Service was excellent and Norma the hostess went out of her way to seat us and make us feel comfortable and appreciated- she was very welcoming.Special Features:
- The service was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013The service was excellent. our waiter was very attentative toward us & they always came by to refill our glasses without interupting our privacy. I enjoyed my experience & cant wait to returnSpecial Features:
- Fun PlaceBrandiDined on 3/8/2013The food was pretty good and they had a bunch of interesting cocktails in their menu. I had the mojito and it was great. Portions were large and the music was good. The dining area was a little outdated I thought but it didn't bother us. After you finish your meal you can go upstairs and hit the nightclub. Good place for parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD FOOD,GOOD LOCATION,GREATOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013GOOD FOOD,GOOD LOCATION,GREAT STAFF. SPECIALY THE MANAGER,NORMA VAZQUEZSpecial Features:
- Your ticket to Pan-Hispanic CuisinedeliusfanVIPDined on 2/22/2013Copacabana had an interesting mix of entrees from across the Spanish-speaking world, so if one wanted to stick with just Mexican or Cuban, there were choices in each section specifically labeled by their country of origin. On the other hand, this was also a nice passport-to-the-world, in terms of being able to mix and match all the different flavors. The snapper was particularly stunning, as were the Datiles from the appetizer section; don't miss either one of these, and the south American variant on flan made with queso was quite interesting as well, although the "standard" flan was spot-on in terms of texture. Well done; I would definitely go back to try some other things.Special Features:
- my boyfriend and I had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013my boyfriend and I had a wonderful time, especially because we love to salsa. the only problem was that we had to keep fighting off random females and their friends from our table after we ate our dinner. The was annoying telling people excuse me...this is our table..everytime we got up to dance!Special Features:
- B'day celebration at The CopacabanaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013Celebrating my husband and oldest daughter's birthday at The Copacabana was amazing!! I was totally impressed with the quality of the food & how well it was presented. The people were friendly and very helpful. I want to go back & celebrate my 50th b'day in May this year!! Absolutely a great night out!!! Mr. George Moreno made it all possible & we thank him.Special Features:
- THEY WERE VERY ACCOMODATINGOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013THEY WERE VERY ACCOMODATING AS FAR AS TABLE SELECTION AND WILLINGNESS TO SHOW THE CLUB OFF,THE SHRIMP APPETIZER WAS EXCELLENT AS WAS THE PORK LOIN ENTREE AND PAELLE.WE GOT THERE A LITTLE EARLY BUT THE DANCING AND MUSIC DIDN'T START UNTIL 10PM,SO IF YOU GO TO A MATINEE SHOW LIKE WE DID IT 'S A LITTLE TO LATE TO HANG AROUND UNTIL THEN,BUT THEY DID HAVE DANCING UP STAIRS FOR THE OVER 40 CROWD BUT THEY KIND OF LOOKED LIKE OVER 80 CROWD INSTEAD,OVERALL I WOULD RECOMMEND GOING TO THE COPA AND ENJOYSpecial Features:
- I love the relaxed feel ofOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2013I love the relaxed feel of this place - dark, small and cozy – like a comfortable living room. I definitely would return to try more dishes.Loved the flat iron steak. Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable."Special Features:
- What a wonderful way to spendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2012What a wonderful way to spend my son's tenth birthday. The staff are wonderful, made him feel special, and the food is always magnificient. This is probably one of my all time favorite places to dine because of the overall experience.Special Features:
- Dinner was great, but theDinner4fourDined on 12/15/2012Dinner was great, but the dinning room was boring and the club was tired and played music from the 80t, overall not bad but not my style.Special Features:
- HAD A GREAT TIMEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012Great food , great service.... Loooooove the people.. Totaly Upscale NEW YORK DINING EXPERIENCE FULL FLEDGED!!! Thx NAOMISpecial Features:
- new generation Copacabana-NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012I missed the old school Copa club. But this is fit for the new generation crowd. Very casual atmossphere.Special Features:
- VERY GOOD - but a bit expensiveFOODIEVIPDined on 11/24/2012VERY GOOD - but a bit expensive - but I guess this is average for Manhattan.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2012We enjoyed our meal. Every dish was presented beautifully and delicioous. Our waiter was very busy but some how had perfect timing making his rounds, brought us what we needed. We had a very pleasant evening.Special Features:
- let the customer know thatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2012let the customer know that you intend to determine the gratuity at the point of taking the menu order. It would allow the party to determine how they will be paying this between themselves during the meal.Special Features:
- Good time even with minor hiccups !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012We got there for our dinner reservations on time and the wait time was an additional 30 minutes, at which time they offered us the oppurtunity to sit at the bar. At the bar the drinks are very pricey. The food was good and the servers were polite and neat however the service to get our food took a very long time when serving dishes additionally some of the things they offered on the menu they did not have to serve so it was a little limiting and the wine list was also very limited.Overall the ambienece is beautiful in the restaraunt, but the music in the dining area was a little loud so it was hard to have a converstion when your also kind of yelling. Went to the nightclub after dinner and that was fun.Special Features: