Copacabana Brazilian Steakhouse
29 North Main Street
Port Chester, NY 10573Neighborhood:
BrazilianPrice: $31 to $50
Copacabana Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.copacabanasteak.com/
- Phone: 9149396894
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Santana
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Vip room from 30 to 120 people.
- Private Party Contact: Anderson Moretti 9149396894
- Entertainment: Live Music , DJ and Brazilian Parties.
A word from Copacabana Brazilian Steakhouse
Brazilian Style Steak House.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Copacabana Brazilian Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (23)special occasion (17)fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (11)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (6)romantic (5)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Twin sons' 20th; Wednesday 6:30Sterling2VesuviusDined on 9/24/2014We enjoyed our dinner. We arrived when they were just getting started. They helped us sort out some initial Groupon confusion and explained the rules of the road. A basket of small garlic bread balls flew. They didn't need butter. Upon our signal, the meats started coming. What a profusion, what a procession. Tough to tell the flank from the prime rib slices on your dish, tougher still to keep up as they arrived. We counted until we stopped counting but they probably delivered more than the 14 kinds. The gourmet salad bar was very weak; the unlimited cocktail shrimp were unpeeled (what did you think?); chunky pieces of parmessan were the highlight. Parking was no issue, huge lot across street. The bill included tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingYummygirlDined on 9/21/2014Great place!!! 16 of us went for a birthday, very accommodating. Salad bar was to die for. Meat parade was out of this world. Kids were very happy too. Would go again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MeatMommyKDined on 9/21/2014A great place for meat lovers. We have eaten at a few Brazilian Steakhouses and Copacabana is the best.Special Features:
- amazing foodTa2nycDined on 9/13/2014Salad bar was phenomenal. There was a variety of food to choose from, there was even sushi. The selections of the never ending meats were fantastic. So much to choose from. My favorite was the lamb. It was cooked to perfection. The fried bananas were a big hit with my kids. The staff was kind and gave the kids a second helping. Friendly atmosphere, I will definitely go back real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatrickVIPDined on 9/12/2014Copacabana never disappoints; our server was very engaging but never intrusive and secured for us freshly grilled chicken hearts. Delightfu!Special Features:
- Not very goodLuv2EatDined on 8/20/2014For a place that specializes in meat I would have expected better meat. All the meat was dry, including the prime rib. The salad bar was better than the meat and it was not even that good. I will not go here again.
- TamzDined on 8/12/2014The meat was delicious. And there was so much meat. It just wouldn't stop coming. I wouldn't recommend going there if you don't have a lot of money or your having a fast dinner and have some place to be. But for a special occasion or a romantic evening i highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:
- Loved it!!!ValenciaDined on 8/12/2014First time trying a Brazilian Restaurant and it was an absolutely amazing experience. The food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat is tenderized and very tough.SmokeyVIPDined on 8/10/2014Very nice Resturant but the quality of the food is very poor. I think the price charged for meat is unjustified. I now understand why it's always offered on Grupon.
- GREAT FOOD AND LOTS OF ITLove2TryNewPlacesDined on 8/2/2014THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO COME FOR A PERSON WHO LOVES THEIR MEAT. THEY KEEP IT COMING AS LONG AS YOU WANT IT. THE SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT AND THE AMBIENCE WAS GREAT. I WOULD DEFINITELY COME HERE AGAIN!Special Features:
- maarmianVIPDined on 7/25/2014The quality of the salad bar surpassed the quality of some of the meats presented to the table. This is a typical Brazilian style steakhouse.Special Features:
- Nice PlaceLKBeeDined on 7/5/2014Cococabana is a wonderful place for the Churrascaria lover! We spent a wonderful leisurely evening with family enjoying the awesome food and service. We will definitely return for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Hope You're Hungry!!!McSteakDined on 7/2/2014Very fun place! Great for steak lovers. If you haven't been to a Brazilian steak house before this is a great place to start. They serve 14 different types of meat at dinner time and it's all you can eat. The excellent service makes the experience first class. The meat keeps coming and coming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- attentive serviceChartHouseFanDined on 6/20/2014We have been to other Brazilian steakhouses in NYC where they are stingy when serving the meats but Copacabana was very generous. Meats were very tasty and plentiful. You did not have to wait for the servers to come. They were constantly coming by your table. Salad bar was ok. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible service/ Okay foodFamilyMealsDined on 6/15/2014We went to Copacabana for Father's day and had reservations but they still made us stand in the bar area (with two small kids) so they can set up the table. We saw two large tables empty and ready. We could have easily sat down while they grab a highchair but instead they made us stand for 10-15 minutes while they grab a highchair and ONE napkin to set up the table. While waiting we saw a second family with two small kids (that arrived after us) sit down at one of the table and when we question them, they said our table was not ready. JUST PLAIN BAD SERVICE. Food was okay. The food came around one time and then STOP and we had to request the food we wanted. Overall, we will not be back. Too much headaches for not great food.
- AwesomeFrankDined on 6/15/2014The staff was friendly and the food outstanding !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 103 reviews are from the Copacabana Brazilian Steakhouse reviews archive.
- not worth itMsE718Dined on 5/11/2014The first time I came here was with a group of 14 people for dinner. I had a great experience. This past Sunday on mother's day for lunch was my second experience and it was not good. The salad bar choices were not great. It took forever for cuts of meat to come to our table. Also the meat that came over were either overcooked, not cooked enough, or unflavored. I was not satisfied and left with a bill of $200 for 3 adults and a child. The only thing satisfying was dessert which was over priced.Special Features:
- Good meats and serviceKrisCDined on 5/11/2014Great service--wonderful selection of many freshly cooked cuts of beef, plus lamb, sausages, turkey, ham with pineapple. Friendly wait staff and attentive maitre d'. What a special Mother's Day treat!Special Features:
- Overpriced, awful foodGoldmindDined on 5/9/2014And the service was in attentive at best. The meat was tough and fatty, but the salmon my wife ordered was frozen not fresh and still over cooked. The mojito was served with some dirt in the glass. The room lights were on too bright and all kids.
- Simply Amazing!ShanaDined on 4/30/2014Cococabana exceeded my expectations! The meats were plenty and cooked to perfection. The service was exceptional, professional and outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite but not TuesdayForscoran7Dined on 4/29/2014Have been here about 4-5 times total. Probably one of my favorite Brazilian style steak places. Pitchers of Sangria (red or white are very good). Prices are as reasonable as you can get. This time I learned my lesson. Stay away from Tuesdays. They are closed Mondays and we could tell. Cheese bread was stale (clearly old from Sunday- which I happen to have been there on as well 2 days prior). Steak/meat was mostly over done. Had never encountered this before and service to get anything was really slow- and I targeted peak dinner hour 6:45 to address what I figured could be a slow day. I have had nothing but good experiences here before just advise to stay away from Tuesdays. Clearly not the same place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At the CopadgwestDined on 4/29/2014Nice place. Used a Groupon. All the different meats tasted the same to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tasty foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014Went with my wife on Sunday. Excellent tasting food .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey and lacking serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014This was our first time here. It was a special occasion dinner which turned out to be pricey. The food was good but the service only fair. We couldn't understand our waitress, did not receive a menu, nor did she explain the menu options.
- great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/25/2014Seated right away. Dinner was fantastic they worked on their service, awesome quick and friendly. Will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not the bestkerbearDined on 4/24/2014I have been to Brazilian Steakhouses before and have to admit this one is good, but not the best. The salad bar was tiny and did not have a great variety of salads and vegetables. The steaks did have good flavor but my boyfriend and I had to eat just the edges of the meat and then waste the middle because they were so rare, almost blue looking and we eat our steak medium. It was a bit frustrating to continually ask for Medium to Medium Well steak and be served practically rare steak. But if you like your meat more on the rare side then you'll love this place. Again good flavor and nice, clean ambiance.Special Features:
- Not worth the fortune it costsmaniscapDined on 4/20/2014We have been here a few times and it was very clear from our most recent visit that they are struggling. The salad bar presentations were empty almost all of our two hour stay. After complaining several times, they finally restocked some brown lettuce but conveniently forgot all of the high end items such as shrimp. They no longer serve sushi. We sat for two hours waiting for meat which was very slow, and they did not offer us half of what was promised on the menu. We felt as though we had to beg for them to bring us more choices and they were rude when we did not want the one or two choices they were pushing. Also, without any mention by the menu or waiter they changed their policy for kids. They were free last time, but now $20 each
- Convenient BBQ PlaceSaraDined on 4/19/2014I went there to have dinner with my husband. Employees are nice and friendly. There is no dress code. We could enjoy BBQ in the casual atmosphere. But BBQ was okay. I became full soon, and maybe my expectations were too high. My husband liked the food, so I think this restaurant is good for people who can eat a lot(maybe men).Special Features:
- A must eat in Port Chester!Tablefor4VIPDined on 4/16/2014Great place that has become a favorite of the family. Service and hospitality is outstanding and we love the variety on both the salad bar and meat selections. We have had parties here as well and have been outstanding... Check it out and enjoy.Special Features:
- Copra cabana is just okLuv2dineDined on 4/13/2014The food was very good. The wine average. The service friendly but unaccomodating. Copa Neds to up its game to be truly Brazilian.Special Features:
- DisappointingnanobugDined on 3/29/2014We have been to several brazilian barbeque restaurants, and this was definitely the worst. The food was not hot, it had fatty and gristly pieces in it, and there was not enough variety (it was nearly all beef based). And what is usually the best part, the cinnamon sugar covered pineapple, included several slices that were the center of the pineapple (the part that is so hard you can't eat it), and the cinnamon sugar was all cinnamon and no sugar. The salads were just ok. The service was very good. Overall, we were very disappointed, and will not be going there again. Instead, I recommend you go to Rodizios in Stamford, an excellent Brazilian barbeque (and significantly cheaper). We have been there many times and its always great.
- a bit dissappointedHungryGirlDined on 3/23/2014we had made reservations a few weeks prior to going. When we got there they had two parties going so we had to be seated in the back part of the restaurant which was a separate room all together from the salad bar. Very inconvenient to walk back and forth. We should have been notified.Special Features:
- Great tasting meatBwangster12Dined on 3/21/2014The steaks, sausages, etc are excellent here. The top sirloin is fantastic. Bark is incredible tasting. I'd say that the salad bar is adequate at this price point... but would be nicer if there was more of a selection and it was larger.Special Features:
- Wonderful atmosphere and spectaculaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2014Wonderful atmosphere and spectacular food. An experience not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The never ending steaks.CTCrowDined on 3/16/2014Food was great but make sure you bring your appetite. They have so many great cuts of meats seasoned to perfection. GO HUNGRY, you’ll leave stuffed. Salad bar was OK but I didn’t go there for salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brazilian FoodWestchesterfoodieDined on 3/8/2014I have been to this restaurant several times and I have not been disappointed. The food is great as well as the drinks. It is best to go in a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!DanielDined on 3/6/2014The selection of meats brought around to your table was astounding! From lamb to pork to ten different cuts of beef. All were perfectly cooked and so tender! The wait staff took care of your every need an your plate was never empty. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CAME HOME WITH A BELLY ACHEBigBlondeCatDined on 3/6/2014Must say I over indulged. Salad bar =awesome. The service great. I was hungry & my eyes were bigger than my stomach but I was still at it and had 3/4 of a plateful and they were very cordial in giving me take-out for the rest of my salad which I thought was awesome. There were n't many varieties of meat but with the 3-4 that were served (and I have never been to a Brazillian rest), the meat was prepared well & really without seasonings so I tasted the true flavors and appreciated the salad bar again to compliment my meats. Maybe that is why I was eating so much...Normally I cook w/ heavy spices &eat less. My kids said they have gone to this sort of a place and likewise the 3 of them (19,22,23 yrs old) all really appreciated the nite out.Special Features:
- lo wcost and tons of delicious meatPianogirl7VIPDined on 3/1/2014Wines by the bottle were $25. Very casual spot to stuff yourself on endless salad bar and oodles of bar-b-cue metsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was just OKwheezyDined on 2/11/2014I was rather disappointed..we were the only table & the meats were rather dried out. Being the only table, should be the other way around. When another large table came in, the quality of the meat improved drastically & the meat was cooked to perfection & was delicious. As was the cuts of meat. So, with that said, I MIGHT give them another try on a busy night..which really doesn't make sense The salad bar needs improvement as well. The service & attention was terrific though.