Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Wheeling
583 N Milwaukee Ave
Wheeling, IL 60090Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Wheeling
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 8472151200x
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 8472151200x4
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Wheeling
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Wheeling - Best Restaurants in Wheeling ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Wheeling reviews from OpenTable diners
350 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
notable wine list (221)special occasion (173)good for groups (143)fit for foodies (109)great for lunch (109)neighborhood gem (99)romantic (76)great for outdoor dining (75)hot spot (65)vibrant bar scene (45)late-night find (29)great for brunch (28)kid-friendly (21)scenic view (7)Show More
- Always solidlmickeyDined on 9/20/2014We've dined here many times. The food is good and usually the service is excellent. Love the tuna appetizer and the key lime pie. Entrees are interesting and tasty.Special Features:
- Great wine, good foodNewFanDined on 9/19/2014We went on a Saturday night, and it is definitely a popular place to be. Bread was fantastic. Wine was great. I also loved that they have Bin #'s to match wines to entrees. My Caesar salad originally came with no dressing, but our waiter immediately came with some on the side after I mentioned it. Otherwise, the food was good. Noise level was a little loud, but as mentioned before, it was busy on a Saturday. I would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceJoeMDined on 9/18/2014Outstanding on every level. A must for all to try!Special Features:
- Good wine selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014CH has a good wine selection. Of note is the sparkling wine flight which has a variety of different sparkling wines including almond. Pair it with the cheese sampler and it's a perfect starter for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyoneTheGreekFoodCriticDined on 9/14/2014If you have a family member who dines at their usual spots, this is a good place to get someone like that to try something new. There's literally a little of everything to choose from - even for those 'meat and potato' folks who dine within their boundaries. We also had a differing age group. From 50 to 89, each of us was able to find something on the menu that appealed to us and the service was wonderful. Definitely had been there before - this time on a Sunday - same great food and wine. Same Great service :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyLoriVIPDined on 9/13/2014They sat us in a room with a party! It was really loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK This TimeRicaVIPDined on 9/12/2014Usually I am VERY impressed but this time, not so much. I had a 8:15 reservation for two. We were called at 8:50 to be seated, but by that time we had already found a table in the bar area. I went for the lobster bisque which is usually really good but, after tasting my husband's lobster bisque, I decided to pass. Not the consistency I'd had in the past and nor was the taste the same. Maybe they stretch it towards the end of the evening. I think I will go during the week instead. My appetizer was good, his entre was just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You guys are awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Everything is always perfect, the service, the food, the wine, everything. I always recommend you guys to everyone I know. Job well done as always, thank you for keeping up the great work! You guys rock!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RogerDined on 9/11/2014Entertained clients. We had a good time and the food and service was excellent. Server recommendations for both wine and appetizers were spot on. Nobody left dissappointed. Great spot. I'll return. I changed my reservation time and went from 4 to 7 people. The restaurant was very accomodating.Special Features:
- Great wait staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014My girlfriend has food allergies and the wait staff is very attentive and makes sure her food is prepared correctly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of funfriendVIPDined on 9/6/2014People find this a fun place and it can be hopping on some nights. I enjoy the food.Special Features:
- pastcustomerVIPDined on 9/6/2014As good as always! It's hard to get a bad meal here even with the large crowd it receives almost every night of the week!Special Features:
- It's okaySd42Dined on 9/6/2014Restaurant offers great service. Enjoyed the wine flight(tester of 4 glasses if wine) and cheese platter. The medallions were cooked nicely but dry. Crab cakes were small and not lump crab meat. Pretzel bread great. The food was good but nothing that would get me to go back. Sorry.Special Features:
- EspoDined on 9/5/2014I can't quite put my finger on this place. It's very busy & has good food but I was disappointed with a few things: 1. We had a 630 reservation & arrived early & sat at the bar. We left the bar to go to the table & weren't sat until 650. 2. I love wine & tasted 4 of theirs & can't say I thought any of them were all that great. 3. The vegetables were too salty & we told our server this. They were inedible. All we got was a "Sorry, I'll tell the kitchen." 4. We went there for a birthday dinner. The server knew this. There wasn't a free dessert, a drink or even a candle put in the dessert we did order. The appetizers & main entrees (south of the border eggrolls & steaks) were excellent. But they need to improve on some of this other stuff!Special Features:
- Enough with the clubTomKDined on 9/3/2014Great food, good wine, but I find their pushing their wine club with their wait staff really irritating. Their wine is good, not great, and when I say no, the sales pitch should stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great funOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2014Great wine and food at very reasonable prices. Service is skyways consistent as is the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedDel40Dined on 8/31/2014As the title says, we are never disappointed. We were celebrating an 18th birthday and a 23rd anniversary. Staff recognized both with champagne for the adults and a plate of chocolates each. Food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food/Good WineBeenThereB4Dined on 8/31/2014Have dined there several times and the food and service has been consistently great. They have an appetizer with several cheeses that changes every couple of months and is always good. Wine selection is very good. They are oftentimes trying to bring forth new items. A good value for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner SpotCheerMomDined on 8/29/2014We love the food every time we go. We'll definitely keep coming back. We've only been to Cooper's Hawk for dinner, so not sure what their lunch and breakfast menus are like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WallyDined on 8/29/2014Good food, maybe a little overpriced. Wine was a Sept special and very good. We had excellent service. Gets a little loud. They have a gluten free menu which is great.Special Features:
- YummyFoodieDined on 8/28/2014You can enjoy a simple meal like a burger or salad, or a nice full-plated entrée. Plenty of wines, made by the company themselves, to choose from. We always enjoy our visit there and the ambiance is good, too. Reservations are recommended as they get extremely busy. Also have wine tastings up front, great sweets and a cute little shop to mill around in while you wait.Special Features:
- LfritosDined on 8/27/2014Great food. Service was outstanding with a wait staff that was A-1. Slightly high noise level which took away from quiet chat. Will definitely recommend for the wine and food. 4 1/2 out of 5 starsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and cramped quartersJoysDined on 8/27/2014This was the heart of lunchtime 12:30. We were first seated in the main dining area (there were 4 of us) it was so loud and the tables were so close together we could hardly talk above the din. We asked to be moved outside which they did. Our food was good we each ordered something different. Our waiter however was not that great, he did not come back to check on us and we had to ask for the bill after a long wait.Special Features:
- DelectableFood2GoodDined on 8/26/2014Absolutely delicious every time. With a wife variety of wines, food menu, and other delicatasies - Cooper's Hawk never ceases to amaze. With five star quality food, pick an item, any item, and enjoy this delicious restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, atmosphere and serviceEsjayDined on 8/26/2014Cooper's Hawk has a menu full of tasty food and enough variety to accommodate almost anyone. Their wine list is big enough that you will have some decisions to make. They also have beer and good mixed drinks. Notably they not only have coffee, but also make the full gamut of espresso drinks (cappuccino, latte, etc). On the down side, they make most of their pastas with chicken broth, so half of their meatless options aren't vegetarian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ChoiceDinerDined on 8/26/2014Cooper's Hawk was the perfect venue for entertaining my visiting relatives. Nice but not dressy, good food, great wine, fun atmosphere. My brother from Florida could not stop raving about it and posted it to his Facebook page.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014I had made a reservation for four people at 5:30 and I arrived first with one other person and was seated. Come 6:00 we were wondering where the other two people could be, I went to the front lobby and they were standing there. They had been waiting for 30 minutes. The hostess had told them there was no reservation for them even though we were already seated and waiting. A 30 minute delay like that should never have happened if you're going to seat part of a party you should realize that there other still others waiting. Otherwise the server was great and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Service could improveark1111Dined on 8/24/2014I have always enjoyed going to Coopers Hawk, but this time our service was so bad. Our waitress hardly came to our table we had to ask for bread. The food is good the wine in great but the noise is loud. Still I will try again and hopefully the experience will be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Delicious menu options. Good service. Wheeling location was cold in the wine lobby & restrooms, very warm in the dining room. High, energetic cacophony. Always a great place to meet friends & enjoy a tasty meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timesPickydiner59Dined on 8/23/2014We were 2 couples, out for our seasonal-catch-up-on-everything dinner. The Cooper's Hawk wine is wonderful, as we all tried different selections, red and white, and not one of us was disappointed. The food was great, the shrimp appetizer and the crab cakes were wonderful and satisfying appetizers. Each of us chose something different, from fish to filets. No complaints! I recommend We joined the wine club. Not a bad deal, includes 2 tastings a week and 2 bottles a month. The noise level was a little much, regardless where you are seated, but for us it was not an issue. We will be returning.Special Features:
- Bad experience. Not it's normalcindyhDined on 8/23/2014Waited 35 minutes for appetizers to come and the mushrooms were not even warm. I even asked afterwards thinking maybe they were not suppose to be hot but she said they should be. Manager gave us the appetizers for free and the rest of the meal came promptly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BVIsDined on 8/22/2014Every aspect of this restaurant was excellent! It has a little bit of everything, from the gift shop, wine tasting, wine list and menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cjdineoutcjdineoutDined on 8/22/2014As always the food, wine & service was GREAT!!! My husband I love Coopers Hawk! We try to pick something different every time we go, and have not been disappointed yet!!! You have to go!! Make a reservation!Special Features:
- A fabulous dinner!MellikinsDined on 8/20/2014Fabulous food, phenomenal service, a favorite for us!Special Features:
- MikebVIPDined on 8/19/2014We just love Coopers Hawk and the customer service level they consistently provide! Hope I haven't jinxed my next visit!
- Love Coopers Hawk!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/18/2014Always love Coopers Hawk!! Love the different flavors used in the dishes. The wait staff is always very friendly and attentive. My adult children enjoy haveing dinner there with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Everything was WONDERFUL, my only dislike would be the noisy level being quite loud! It would not keep us from returning thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Cold to Enjoy Our Food!Foodie59Dined on 8/16/2014We went to enjoy a family dinner before everyone goes back to school/start a new job, etc. We are used to it being a little chilly and had come equipped with sweaters but the howling gale around our feet just was well, freezing! The food was up to its usual high standard and with a bottle from our wine club membership, very reasonable in price for five people. The service was good and unobtrusive. But, please, turn down the air people!Special Features:
- pierremacDined on 8/16/2014Hostess who seated us didn't look like she liked her job. Not a smile on her face. Floors around us had food thrown on it. Not once did we see anyone come and sweep up under tables. Pretty gross eating such amazing food with floors being food covered. Saw hostess's wiping off tables..no busboys???? Didn't seem right..ate here so many times, food was great..our waiter was amazing!! But surroundings with bad dirty floors was kind of disappointing..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- winealittleDined on 8/12/2014We've never had a bad meal here. It's just a little loud for friendly conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.