Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Wheeling
583 N Milwaukee Ave
Wheeling, IL 60090Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Wheeling
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: (847) 215-1200
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 8472151200x4
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Wheeling
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Wheeling - Best Restaurants in Wheeling ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Wheeling reviews from OpenTable diners
322 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
notable wine list (218)good for groups (159)special occasion (156)fit for foodies (124)great for lunch (90)neighborhood gem (69)romantic (68)hot spot (67)great for outdoor dining (46)vibrant bar scene (44)late-night find (23)great for brunch (18)kid-friendly (16)scenic view (5)Show More
- A Birthday experience for my girlfriendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014I surprised my Girlfriend with a romantic evening at Coopers Hawk. She is a wine fanatic and was amazed at the variety of wine that there was to choose from. We enjoyed every minute beginning with the wine tasting the dinner and the service. I regret not getting the name of our waitress who was amazing as I would definitely request to have her wait on us again. Overall the look on my girlfriends face was priceless and she kept thanking me for taking her to Coopers Hawk and now tells me that she will definitely take her parents when they come from out of town to visit. So again Thank you Coopers Hawk and staff for a wonderful evening. Yours truly A new life time customerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT WINE AND FOODJPJPVIPDined on 11/19/2014The wine is outstanding plus they have a great food menu that keeps me coming back. They also offer a wide gluten free menu (try the short rib risotto). There are some many good dishes to list, it's tough to mention, but some of my favorites are: short ribs, drunken shrimp, blackened bleu salad and their burgers. Also their wine club is a must to joinSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicetealoverDined on 11/18/2014We had a small bridal shower on Tuesday night. The service we received was excellent- we did not feel rushed or forgotten. The server brought a little tray with some chocolate goodies on it for the guest of honor. The food was delicious and the drinks excellent The only negative is the high noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantKokaDined on 11/18/2014Cooper's Hawk is my go-to restaurant for special occasions. Their gluten free menu is extensive, including complimentary bread made on site. I've never had a bad meal there. Their drinks are fantastic! I love the passion fruit sangria. And the attentiveness of the wait staff is second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014We have a very nice lady who made our daughters feel included in the experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasen't what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2014I must say I was truly looking forward to going Cooper's Hawk for dinner. Unfortunately, it really did not live up to my expectations. The room we were in was crowded with people, our server seemed to be lost at times not remembering drinks that we had ordered. Our dinner was delivered and set down in from of people at the table next to us. Than after realizing it was not their food it was picked up and set down on our table. Seemed like the people that were delivering things to tables had no idea where it was suppose to go. Twice we had people stop at our table asking us if we had ordered an item and we told them no. The food was OK, nothing exceptional for the price. I think if you were a wine drinker this would be a nice place to enjoy your wine, but our overall experience was not that great.Special Features:
- Great place!MarshinDined on 11/14/2014I love the place! The food and service was great. They were understanding with our group arrival situation. I highly recommend the place for any special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, ambiance goodDiamondGirlDined on 11/12/2014I had a steak salad, and it had a very small amount of meat. Other than that the salad was very food. I mainly like the ambiance of the place. And I LOVE their gift/wine shop. They have great items that you don't see in many other places. The wine bottle holders for the home are beautiful, as are the variety of wine glasses, wine gift bags and other knick knacks. The food items to go with wines also looked delicious. The wine tasting area looked fun and I will go back for wine tasting. I also learned about their wine club and am looking into that. Overall a good experience.
- Love!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2014My friends and I are members to their wine club and absolutely LOVE there foodSpecial Features:
- WaitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014Even though we had reservations , we still waited 30 minutes past our time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Night OutLike2EatDined on 11/8/2014Our sever was awesome - the wine and food was great - had a nice evening out.Special Features:
- Good food but be prepared to wait.KimMDined on 11/7/2014Food was good and server was excellent. We had a 8:15 reservation on a Friday night and did not get seated until 9pm. Also, the room we were seated in was quite noisy. I would go back as long as I was not in a hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bad nightJN13Dined on 11/7/2014We've been here before and hadn't had such issues but this night, not much good to report. Our waitress was hardly around, never refilled my iced-tea, forgot my friend's coffee order. My salmon was overcooked and not too tasty except maybe too salty, my "grilled vegetables" were boiled hard carrots with some weird turnip, inedible. The manager did come over (to take out check because the waitress wasn't around) and did apologize, gave us his card and asked us to try again.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014We were there to celebrate my birthday. Our server was wonderful and I wish I remembered his name. He really helped to make my birthday feel special. The next time we go I hope I get him again as a server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeturtlzDined on 11/7/2014Went for a work lunch, service could have used some work, but overall the meal was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and wineWineFunDined on 11/6/2014Wonderful place to go with friends. Those that have never been there before love being introduced to the place overall. Food is so good, our server was excellent and attentive, but not so much to be annoying. Plus the wine is great, had the cranberry sangria and love it. The variety of wine and seasonal wines are always exceptional.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014The food was good but rich and very large portions; wine erred on the sweet side. Service was a little slow and staff seemed slightly unprofessional in seating / picking up additional requests for a table that wasn't theirs. Overall a good place for a nice dinner.Special Features:
- CP1104CP1012VIPDined on 11/3/2014Another notable experience at another Coopers Hawk. Very accommodating and with many wines fro which to choose. Our latest find was their Blanc de Blanc - refreshing.Special Features:
- Awesome as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We love coming here. Food was outstanding, service was remarkable, and the wine was plentiful...Special Features:
- Waiter was so sobeejustDined on 11/1/2014When we first got there it wasn't that busy and yet our service was pretty slow. I told him that I was gluten free and he brought me a gluten free roll but when he brought my food, he brought it with pasta - NOT gluten free. So I had to wait for them to make me a new dinner. Very dangerous situation for someone with celiac disease.Special Features:
- Consistency at its bestPetFinderDined on 10/31/2014Cooper's Hawk never disappoints. Consistency is key! Very good food and the service is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2014We never have a bad meal or a bad experience at this Wheeling location. Great food, great service. One of our favorites.Special Features:
- Appetizing and varied menu at lunchJKRSDined on 10/29/2014Our group enjoyed delicious and generous salads and appetizers for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for special dinnerAnniversary52Dined on 10/26/2014We've enjoyed many special occasions at Cooper's Hawk but had a little problem with service this past Sunday. The waiter may have been new because it took us a while to flag one down after we were seated and he said he didn't know this was his table. Then they brought our entrees to the table before the salad. So, we waited for the salad which arrived with incorrect dressings, then waited for our meals to be recooked. However, the manager, Leslie, was very attentive, brought us free champagne and dessert and credited some of our meal. We will return for the wonderful food and thank Leslie for her care.Special Features:
- DisappointedmujrbujrDined on 10/22/2014I am a wine member at Cooper's Hawk and was disappointed with this location. The tasting area counter is small and they were so busy that we had to squeeze through other guests to get a refill and it was a little awkward doing so. I had a 7:15pm reservation and I checked in at 7:00 to let them know we were there. Our table was not ready until 7:50pm. I went up a couple of times to check to see what was happening and all the host could say was that they were waiting for guests to get up. No one ever apologized for the inconvenience. Needless to say we were starving by the time we sat down so we just ordered a sandwich and a salad because those are quick to make in the kitchen.Special Features:
- Will definitely go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014I was told that if you like wine and red meat, you will love this place. I completely agree with that! I loved the red wine and the red wine braised short ribs. Everyone in my group of 9 enjoyed their meals. The hostess was slow getting us to our reserved table - took about 15 minutes - what is the point of a reservation then? BUT the wait staff was perfect and the food was even better.Special Features:
- Food and wine are goodTravelQueenVIPDined on 10/20/2014The food and wine here is average to good. The service can be spotty. At times it was too rushed and then at times it was too slow. If you like food on the bland side then you will love the scallops and jasmine rice. They do a great job pairing their wine with the food on the menu.Special Features:
- Disappointed this timeJayMoDined on 10/19/2014We dine here reasonably often, and the food is generally pretty good. However, we were really disappointed with the service this time. The waiter was gone for long periods of time, so there were big gaps between courses. He didn't check back to see how things were. He forgot items and we had to flag down an assistant manager to get things corrected. We'll go back, but if the experience does not improve, it will likely be a long time before we'll consider returning.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendsLatteladyDined on 10/19/2014We joined friends for dinner at Cooper's Hawk's Wheeling restaurant. It was a busy Sunday evening there, bit our waiter was terrific. He let us set our own pace--time to chat with our friends. We were not rushed yet the food arrived hot & good when we were ready. This not a foodie restaurant, but the food is interesting and special enough for an evning out. Their wait staff is always great--personable and informed. I have always enjoyed dinners there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Had tons of fun and laughs. There were waitresses that offered complimentary wine while we waited on our table. Had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedNorthbrook50ersDined on 10/18/2014We chose Coopers Hawk as the venue for 4 of us to celebrate milestone birthdays. The waiter was very friendly but the meal was totally disorganized and service very slow. We eventually got our initial drinks order 45 mins after sitting down, after our appetizers had been served. I asked when making the reservation if a candle or something special could come with dessert for the birthday girls & boy and was told yes. I mentioned it again when we arrived but desserts came and nothing special happened! I wouldn't mind for a regular birthday but this was for 50th celebrations. After we had finished our meal I did mention it to the staff and they brought chocolates for 3 of the 4 celebrators and one had a piece on onion on it. Not very tasty!
- Great wine and food!FoodieJonDined on 10/17/2014Wife and I have never had a bad Meal or a bad bottle of wine here. We love this place. They are so accommodating to special dietary needs and special occasions, too! We are also members of the wine club and are here often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even the wine disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/17/2014Slow service, low quality food and pedestrian wine not a good evening. It was a birthday dinner and even though my wife informed them in advance there was no acknowledgement of it. We will NOT return.
- Fun, energetic, and great Food!DaniDined on 10/16/2014I was fortunate to come across this place through a lunch meeting. Two days later I brought my husband back for dinner because I enjoyed my experience so much. This is such a fun and unique dining experience. Our service was spot on, he made great recommendations and was very attentive. We ordered a bottle of wine and they brought out an aerator/tap thing to serve ourselves which was unique and nice. The food was very good-- my husband loved his burger and I loved the pesto ceasar salad (so simple, but sooo good). We also had the pot stickers as an app and they were on point. We will definitely be back, because we didn't save room for dessert and I've heard they have a great selection.Special Features:
- Wine galore!skogsraDined on 10/16/2014Cooper's hawk is always a place to celebrate! Make sure u have reservations, although you can always enjoy the wine tastings while waiting! Wines galore!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid, flavorful food.Burgers1Dined on 10/15/2014Cooper's Hawk is a solid, down-the-middle dining experience. Service was efficient and friendly. The restaurant's main dining area is a large, open, airy space with pleasant, innocuous décor. Unfortunately, when it's full, it's very loud - difficult to have conversations at normal volume. The food, while not particularly adventuresome, was uniformly fresh and flavorful. I would recommend them for a nice, leisurely lunch or dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this location finally impressed me!Muffin34VIPDined on 10/15/2014This tends not to be my favorite location since the staff is normally very short and very rude. However, I finally had a great waiter, Earl, that made me think I was at either Arlington heights or south Barrington. He took the time to talk to us, discuss the special of the day, tried to up sell an event being held there next week (until he found out that it was sold out already) and really made us feel welcome. From now on I will ask for his section just to replicate the experience again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A different dining experienceJerryLVIPDined on 10/14/2014A nice alternative to normal restaurants, this is a wine centric approachSpecial Features:
- CHJackVIPDined on 10/13/2014Nice evening with out daughter. We all had seafood and all done properly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe just bad luck this time?localoneDined on 10/12/2014This has been the local upscale dining spot for my wife and myself since Cooper's Hawk opened. We have both loved the unusual menu twists, the excellent service and the great wine selections. Unfortunately it all fell apart on the evening of Oct 12. Firstly, it seems exceedingly noisy, worse than sports bars we've been in. Close by there were two tables of eight each and everyone seemed determined to talk over everyone else. My surf and turf (pistachio grouper and parmesan filet medallions) was excellent, but my wife's cannelloni had undercooked scallops. The sauce was great as was the chicken chorizo in it. The shrimp was slightly undercooked, but the scallops killed dinner. To his credit the manager comped my wife's dinner eventhough we didn't ask for it, but I'd much rather pay for a good dinner than have a free, bad dinner. Our waiter also disappeared for 20+ minutes shortly after the entrees arrived. We'll certainly return hoping we got all the bad luck out of the way in one visit. I would still recommend CH based on all of our previous excellent experiences there.Special Features: