Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Waterford Lakes
529 N Alafaya Trail
Orlando, FL 32828Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Waterford Lakes
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 4073742464x
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 407-374-2464x4
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Waterford Lakes
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Waterford Lakes - Best Restaurants in Waterford Lakes ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Waterford Lakes reviews from OpenTable diners
362 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (249)special occasion (224)fit for foodies (185)neighborhood gem (175)romantic (145)good for groups (139)hot spot (126)great for lunch (79)vibrant bar scene (76)late-night find (46)great for outdoor dining (40)great for brunch (28)kid-friendly (27)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great date night!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014I stumbled on this place a few weeks ago and it was packed and would have been a long wait. So we decided to come back and I surprised my girlfriend with a great date on Saturday night. Signed up for the Wine List and got to do the wine tasting first which I totally would recommend first before dinner. Awesome place definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & wine, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014When we arrived in the afternoon on Saturday, the place was practically empty but we did go early afternoon. However that being said, it was extremely hard to figure out, why the service was super slow. After 10 minutes, we finally had a server come to our table and asked if we have been served yet. We said no and he then said let me go find out who your server is. This guy came back, went over the wine menu with us while we waited on our server. Another 10 minutes went by, before our server made it over to our table. He never introduced himself, forgot to give my wife her sample of wine, and it was 25 minutes before we even received any water. Great food, great wine, we just hope if we come back, we'd have a different server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent diningLukeDined on 9/19/2014Great food, great service. The wine is exceptional and the selection is without compromise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but noisyWCD745Dined on 9/19/2014The food and service was good, but it was so loud that we were unable to hold a conversation. There was a table, in particular, that was extremely loud. Others around us were having the same problem. One person approached us to let us know that they asked the waiter to ask them to lower their voices but this did not stop them. The sounds bounce off the walls. Something should be done about this. The food could have been hotter. The Gnocchi was cool in spots so not warm all the way through.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014From wine, to food, to our wonderful waiter-John- we really enjoyed ourselves! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Food was amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The turkey burger was amazing. The burger was surprisingly juicy and flavorfull. Other items ordered were common cuisines with flare and surprisingly subtle differences making our dining experience overly enjoyable. Wines were matched on the menu making pairing with food choices easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014I've been to Cooper's Hawk twice for lunch and once for dinner. Each time was a great experience. The food and wine are delicious, and servers are helpful and friendly. My favorite appetizers are the crab cakes and the ahi tuna tacos! It's great to be offered a of wine before ordering.I'll go often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Dining for UCF AreaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Until now the University of Central Florida area only had chain restaurants, fast food, and small places geared for the college crowd. This place has a nice wine tasting aea, nice wide variety menu and elegant surroundings. something for everyone on the menu - seafood, beef, pork, chicken, veggie, healthy. The wine parings ae endless. Great for groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionHappydinerDined on 9/16/2014The service, food, wine, and atmosphere was superior. Servers and manager very attentive. Celebrated son's birthday; server brought special dessert and asked option to sing or not. My son being a private person was very appreciative to have the choice to decline and enjoy his dessert. I will definitely return and bring visiting family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Our service was amazing. Clay and Stuart were particularly great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food, awesome service!!PerlaODined on 9/13/2014The food was delicious. We always make it a point to get the pork belly tostadas....and I normally don't like pork!! Oh and the steak....perfect! The service was on par with the food. Danny was really attentive and funny. If you're looking for a great date night I would suggest you make a reservation and get there an hour before for a wine tasting. You'll score major points for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeJodyDined on 9/13/2014Cooper's Hawk is a nice, consistent place to visit--on both occasions the food was very good and I would certainly go again. I am particularly impressed that, even on a crowded Saturday night the restaurant kept to the reservation time. The menu is also suitable for people with all types of tastes. I look forward to returning again soon.Special Features:
- Fun with FriendsFantasticFoodie52Dined on 9/13/2014Really enjoyed another dinning experience at Cooper Hawk. We had friends join us for party of 8. One other couple had dinned there before the other two had night. They were impressed by the wine selection as well as the quality of the food. I usually ordered a large salad but decided to try the chicken maderia. It was outstanding! Very flavorful with mashed potatoes and asparagus. One of our friends eats gluten free and was impressed with the menu as well as her salmon dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I have been to the restaurant 3 times and all of them have been great. I highly recommended to my friendsSpecial Features:
- Great 41st Wedding anniversaryPoeyCarrieDined on 9/13/2014Celebrated our 41st anniversary there and had a wonderful time and the food and service was fantastic!!!! If you choose to dine here ask for Danny as your server. He is outstanding!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - but a bit expensiveHungryDined on 9/13/2014Service and fare are excellent with prices on the high side for a Waterford Lakes restaurant. Worth it, though, if you can afford it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new placeUCFGuyDined on 9/12/2014Great food, very friendly service, reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FooddiningexperiencesDined on 9/12/2014The food was excellent. One in our party of three ordered the Jumbalaya and it was much too hot but the other meals were excellentSpecial Features:
- Dinner without a personalitycelebratfunDined on 9/10/2014On my birthday vacation with my boyfriend. Chose this winery due to good reviews. Hard to pick the problems to list...the location seemed geared towards the college scene. Large parties, louder music, slow service. The menu had multiple personalities, and no commitment to cuisine...Italian? American? Southwestern? Asian? Price was too high for mediocrity. Plus all the wines we tried were far too sweet and lacking complexity. Coming from Loudon County wine country, it was lackluster.Special Features:
- Coopers Hawk 1st time visitByrdDiningDined on 9/10/2014Excellent experience with staff, ambiance and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and Service!wildirishroseDined on 9/10/2014Cooper's Hawk has an outstanding menu. My husband had the scallops, which he raved about, and I had the Chicken Gardieniere, which was incredible. There are many wine and cocktail choices to compliment your meal. The server was welcoming and attentive. This was a 5 star experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in E. Orlando Finally!EastendDarlynDined on 9/7/2014Absolutely love that we have a high end restaurant! The menu has an awesome variety, and tailors to the wine enthusiast. The is truly fabulous as are the private label wines offered. The service is amiable and professional. The atmosphere is really great and they have an awesome private dining room for private parties. I personally joined the wine club and the value that offers is really nice. I am very impressed and thrilled at this addition to our east side dining.Special Features:
- interestingNikoDined on 9/6/2014The entrees were great, appetizers were about average for the price point, service was expedient, but not personal. For a winery I expected the wine to be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great evening with friendsDawnDined on 9/6/2014Once again, another great evening with friends. Food was awesome, so was the wine, and so was the service! Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fresh FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014Recommendations: Everything from the Drunken Mexican Shrimp to the Chicken Sandwich to the Risotto to the Crème Brulee.Special Features:
- good food, but overpriced.mrsveeDined on 8/31/2014Mashed potatoes augratin not liked by family. Scallops overpriced, not cooked properly. Good wine selection. Will go back for a wine tasting, but food not worth the price. Food is good for sure, just over priced. Will go back with friends maybe.Special Features:
- Two VisitsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014The best thing about this restaurant is the service. The decor is lovely.The menu is varied in price and choices. Caesar salad did not resemble classic Caesar, instead it tasted like watery chopped lettuce, hard croutons and 2 large slices of parmesan on top.There was no zing, no taste of any dressing; it should not be called Caesar salad.The beef and fish were cooked perfectly and taste was very good but the vegetables were unremarkable. The Ahi tuna was great but the "Wasabi" was bland. The lobster soup was good but again, mild in taste. It may be best that the restaurant go back to their recipes and make sure they produce a distinct taste. I did not try the hamburger but my guest said it was okay. I will return and try other choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkJazzcatDined on 8/30/2014My friends were buying me a bottle of wine for my b-day, the waiter jumped around so much he didn't take the wine order until way too late, made fun of my friend who was trying to pick out a bottle of wine. He was more interested in pushing the wine than the wine and food pairing. When the bill came it was for all 4 of us, we asked the waiter if he could split the bill between the 2 couples, he split the bill down the middle so we ended up paying for 1/2 of the bottle of wine. Charged us for the b-day dessert, a sad chocolate dipped strawberry and a white dipped cheesecake, I think it was around $10 ($5 for us since we ended up paying 1/2). Waiter couldn't be bothered after he dropped off the check. Not a place I would want to go back to.Special Features:
- fantastic dining experienceVeronicaDined on 8/30/2014We did the wine tasting in the front room first and then had dinner for a friend's 50! The food and service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with my SonScottVIPDined on 8/30/2014Went for dinner with my son and his girlfriend as a test run to see if we wanted to come here with the extended family for graduation in a few months. When we sat down, the air seemed heavy and humid - for a good reason - the A/C was not working; however, other than humidity, it was still cool and comfortable. Server was attentive and offered free samples of the wines we debating having - 8 in all. Food was good. Not out so fast that you'd think they were simply turning tables but not so slow to get annoying. Bottom line, I'm coming back in December with a party of 9 - they took the reservation 4 months in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OrlandoShowboatDined on 8/30/2014It was a good experience, food was really good although the crab cake apptizer could have been bigger.Special Features:
- KcoopreviewDined on 8/28/2014Great food, wine, and fun for a girls night out or a with a significant other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cooper's made her Birthday specialTonyDined on 8/27/2014This was our first visit to Cooper's Hawk. I took my wife for her birthday, so it was a special occasion. I had flowers sent to the restaurant, and the staff made sure they were on our reserved table waiting. The food was delicious, and so was the wine. Service was attentive and responsive. They even comp'd us a special dessert. It's a little pricey, but I'd recommend Cooper's Hawk for a special occasion, it's worth it.Special Features:
- love it!ZimmDined on 8/27/2014we came for our anniversary and i wouldn't have picked any other place. I love everything about this place. The food was beyond amazing. Cant wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere & FoodMitchBDined on 8/24/2014Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant in Waterford Lakes is an excellent place for foodies and those that enjoy a variety of wine. In the lobby/reception area/bar you can shop for wine and/or take part in wine tasting. The restaurant is the main body of the building, and it is nicely lit without being too bright or too dim. The tables are spaced nicely. The food is amazing. We've visited this location several times since it has opened earlier this summer and have enjoyed each visit. Appetizers, main dishes, and desserts all well presented, good portion sizes, and tasty.Special Features:
- Very good!DawnDined on 8/24/2014Great food, ambiance and overall good time. I enjoy returning here time and time again.Special Features:
- Wine was disapointingdisappointedDined on 8/24/2014The restaurant was very noisy. The food was average. The was a disappointment.
- Cooper's HawkLilydDined on 8/24/2014This is one of my favorite places! It can be a romantic dinner, or we can bring the family. The food and service are always superb! I have never had a bad meal there yet. The staff is amazing. The menu has so many varieties and price ranges, that is a great place for any occasion.Special Features:
- Quantity over quality?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014This was our third time dining at this restaurant. The first time, we were ecstatic. The second time, my fish came out raw, its replacement over-salted. We decided to give it one more try. Unfortunately, we remain underwhelmed. The food was okay this time but the service was only fair. I had emailed the restaurant's General Manager and announced our visit. I was hopeful when he responded that Pedro would be expecting us and would personally take great care of us! Well, there was no Pedro, nor were we impressed with the service we were provided. Considering that we leave about $100 at this restaurant per night for dinner & wine for two, we will take our business elsewhere. I think we deserve better!Special Features:
- We love Cooper's HawkKaysVIPDined on 8/23/2014We have been members of the Cooper's Hawk Wine Club for a few years. Every wine tasting is an adventure and dinner is always excellent.Special Features: